"Pedophile Protection Act"

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    AE,

This is quite off topic, but did you happen to catch Obama's speech in Cairo yesterday? Being a history teacher, I wanted to hear what you had to say when Obama was crediting the Muslim world with so many scientific achievements. After looking into it some, I can't help but think that almost each and every one was a flat out lie.

The compass? Arches and spirals?...there was one on some type of medicine...It's funny because Obama is such a great orator, and even to me when he speaks it sounds great, but then I go back and listen...and listen...and read the transcripts...and the majority is usually all rubbish.

Oh, and his comparison of the holocaust to Palestinian's search for land...WTF? - I'm getting really sick of the phrase "...but on the other hand..."
    Actually the Muslim world was the beginning of some great achievements. Some of which were involved in education, math and science (astronomy being a focus) etc... In terms of arches that is nonsensical, classical Rome was a major force in using a variety of arches in their architecture.

I did not see the whole thing, and missed the part you mentioned at the end. That is a sad comparison to make.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Actually the Muslim world was the beginning of some great achievements. Some of which were involved in education, math and science (astronomy being a focus) etc... In terms of arches that is nonsensical, classical Rome was a major force in using a variety of arches in their architecture.

I did not see the whole thing, and missed the part you mentioned at the end. That is a sad comparison to make.
    He accredited Algebra to the Muslims. Doesn't Algebra trace back to the Babylonians? I know they weren't Muslims.

The compass I believe traces back to native South Americans.

I'm not doubting that they've achieved certain things, just not everything Obama said.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Algebra itself is much earlier, however there we advancements made during the Muslim golden age in mathematics. He is overexaggerating.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Algebra itself is much earlier, however there we advancements made during the Muslim golden age in mathematics. He is overexaggerating.
    Muhammed Mathematics: Lesson 1

Word Problem

A man comes home to discover his wife and three daughters in an orgy with the mans brother. Upset, the man beheads his wife, disowns two of the daughters, and sells the other...how many women does this man now live with?

I kid. I kid.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  2. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  3. Replies: 260
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 01:21 PM