1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Calling detroit a stinking mess really doesnt do the situation there any justice, it's so much worse then people who dont live there can imagine. Also is flint even stil a city?lol

You can't argue the numbers, highly populated minority cities do not excell in school....period, sorry.
    i have a friend 10 minutes from flint. he says its been in the top 5 cities for murder since the 70's. i'm pretty sure that when the guys from flint go mobile into detroit, everything falls apart. i think the government left detroit and flint alone because they left it alone for so long, they don't know where to start in rebuilding it, shy of razing it to the ground.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

SO we all agree....we all have different views but we all agree! YAY! peace for all......I feel dumb now!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Boy to Father: "Dad, was Detroit really a city?"

Father to boy: "Nobody knows, son. Nobody knows..."

- I took that from Family Guy when Chris asked Peter about "The lost city of New Orleans."
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.26%

Anyhoo, it was fun and I am out! Have a good night guys!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

yea we all kept this pretty civil......yea us!!!

There you're not feeling dumb alone
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.26%

BTW my Avi is Awesome!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Boy to Father: "Dad, was Detroit really a city?"

Father to boy: "Nobody knows, son. Nobody knows..."

- I took that from Family Guy when Chris asked Peter about "The lost city of New Orleans."
    I almost pee'd my pants right there.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    would you rather do this by capita? we're still in the top ten, and that's without a good education program.

1 Vermont….. 3,600.16
    2 Hawaii….. 3,477.93
    3 Wyoming….. 3,417.77
    4 Connecticut….. 3,300.49
    5 Minnesota….. 3,093.93
    6 Delaware….. 3,068.98
    7 Massachusetts….. 2,818.39
    8 Alaska….. 2,798.66
    9 New Jersey….. 2,781.33
    10 California….. 2,724.31

i found you at the number 26th spot

26 North Carolina….. 2,146.68

i'm not trying to be an ass here, i find it remarkable that you're number 26, and california is number 26 in education - that's the disparity that i'm pointing out.
    GDP per capita is irrelevant in terms of comparing states, as it is primarily based on property prices, which in most states is the majority of cost of living costs. the reason GDP has to be so high in those states is that there is no other way to afford living there. Whether its direct property in most of those cases, or partially extended other cost of living costs as is the case in alaska and hawaii. Does higher value per square acre mean a better state to live in? No. Saying california supports the most also leaves out what portion of federal funds california gets. When the US government has operated at a deficit for 144 of the last 145 years, saying you were the biggest contributor (as well as the biggest beneficiary) isn't quite meaningful.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Saying california supports the most also leaves out what portion of federal funds california gets.

91 percent of all farmers and ranchers do not collect government subsidy payments in California, according to USDA (fruits don't count for subsidies).

California is the top agricultural producing state and as well as the largest food processing employer in the United States, shipping $50 billion worth in food products

Fresno County leads the rest of the state and the nation in food production, and Fresno County alone shipped $770 million of preserved fruits and vegetables

that's not federal aid, that's subsidies on a yearly basis, regardless of disaster. you're in florida easy, your farmers are in the same boat. almost none of them get aid, because almost none of them are growing corn. and floridas public education is as wrecked as californias is.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.92%

Both parties are the problem. The Democrats propose quickly over spending and over taxing and the republicans of late propose increasing spending and freezing taxes. Neither party truly supports contitutional values because they are both still ultimately in the business of government. Why would either side propose to carve government down to size when it derails the gravy train?
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

91 percent of all farmers and ranchers do not collect government subsidy payments in California, according to USDA (fruits don't count for subsidies).

California is the top agricultural producing state and as well as the largest food processing employer in the United States, shipping $50 billion worth in food products

Fresno County leads the rest of the state and the nation in food production, and Fresno County alone shipped $770 million of preserved fruits and vegetables

that's not federal aid, that's subsidies on a yearly basis, regardless of disaster. you're in florida easy, your farmers are in the same boat. almost none of them get aid, because almost none of them are growing corn. and floridas public education is as wrecked as californias is.
    Yeah, I didn't particularly mean crop funding, so much as other programs.

Per capita spending among states was highest for Louisiana ($16,263). Mississippi was second ($14,516), followed by Alaska ($13,805). The states that received the lowest per capita distribution of federal funds were Nevada ($5,852), Utah ($6,162) and Minnesota ($6,175).

California received 10.3 percent of the total distribution of federal expenditures while Texas received 6.8 percent, followed by New York at 6.2 percent.
    http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/...ts/011813.html

So saying california covers 10% of the taxation budget (which is always less than federal spending) and recieves 10% of federal budget means that california contributes more to our deficit
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%

They get water subsidies. They pay pennies on the dollar for what other Californians pay for water.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    So saying california covers 10% of the taxation budget (which is always less than federal spending) and recieves 10% of federal budget means that california contributes more to our deficit
    felt like quoting this to add that this means that in Obama's first year, California was responsible for $180 billion in defecit.....

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Divorce Letter Ever
    By jakellpet in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
  2. Wife wants a divorce
    By nightshift in forum General Chat
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
  3. Buy Low, Divorce High
    By trojans11 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0