• Established
Yes, and obama dancing on Ellen was the very model of decorum

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
... but mostly we'll miss the dancing. lol He was a great one for making weird and funny faces.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Part of what I liked about bush was he felt like a regular guy

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why I liked him too. The problem was, to me anyways, that he never shook the 'normal guy' when we needed a presidental guy. I liked Clinton for the same reason I liked bush. They both seemed very approachable and likeable.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you really want a regular guy as a president though>? shouldnt the president of the united states be a little better then the regular everyday joe? I mean it isnt a job anyone can do, I want a president who is better then everyone else not some guy from down the block

That's why I liked him too. The problem was, to me anyways, that he never shook the 'normal guy' when we needed a presidental guy. I liked Clinton for the same reason I liked bush. They both seemed very approachable and likeable.
agree'd

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you really want a regular guy as a president though>? shouldnt the president of the united states be a little better then the regular everyday joe? I mean it isnt a job anyone can do, I want a president who is better then everyone else not some guy from down the block
Not really, the president is meant to in theory represent the regular guy - he sets the goals, the "thrust" of government. Honestly they largely are a figurehead and just set the tone. I don't want to be babied, I dont want someone who is "just going to take care if it the our way, not the way the rest of you would do it". And it is a job anyone could do :) We're not looking for a king ordained by god, we're looking for one of us (at least in theory)

lutherblsstt

Bush was far from "one of us" though he may have given that impression. Do you know his family background(Bush dynasty),schooling (Yale),etc.? Across three generations the Bush family includes two U.S. Senators, one Supreme Court Justice, two Governors, one Vice President and two Presidents. Peter Schweizer, author of a biography of the family, has described the Bushes as "the most successful political dynasty in American history.He was part of the Aristocracy in the U.S. and about as far from a "regular guy" as you can get.

Last edited:
raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
the only regular thing about politicians is that they are all full of ****. they are all crooks, hell most are lawyers biggest scum on earth. its only a matter of time before everyone starts bashing obama. gives me something to look forward to!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I didn't particularly like Bush, but I'd take him over Obama any day. It didn't seem like everything Bush did was a political calculation. Obama on the other hand acts like he's still campaigning.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
the only regular thing about politicians is that they are all full of ****. they are all crooks, hell most are lawyers biggest scum on earth.

That reminds me of something I read once..."Everybody lies, but the better ones become lawyers and the best ones become politicians"

salras77

Awards
I didn't particularly like Bush, but I'd take him over Obama any day. It didn't seem like everything Bush did was a political calculation. Obama on the other hand acts like he's still campaigning.
you are out of your mind...Bush was prolly the biggest moron ive ever seen in my life...
the Bush Crime Family needed to be stopped

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
you are out of your mind...Bush was prolly the biggest moron ive ever seen in my life...
the Bush Crime Family needed to be stopped
Well said. I was out of my mind. You are obviously not just prolly brilliant, but truly brilliant. :crackhead:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They must not miss him that much because the new bank plan to buy toxic assets is exactly what Paulson proposed under Bush :lol:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

Hey man, I really don't want to hear about what he felt like. TMI

:laugh:

Hope he at least called you the next day.

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
the only regular thing about politicians is that they are all full of ****. they are all crooks, hell most are lawyers biggest scum on earth. its only a matter of time before everyone starts bashing obama. gives me something to look forward to!

well said:type: