Funny Analogies on the American Economy, by Peter Schiff, Ron Paul's Economic Advisor

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    How long until the Amero do you think? Or do you think the Amero is conspiracy B.S? Im thinkin amero 2010-2011.
    I think the Amero is a failsafe if/when the Fed and Treasury completely loses control of inflation. 2010-2011 sounds like a worst case scenario.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I'm not blaming war or big business. Big Business especially. Big business is what made the US an economic superpower to start with. I'd blame our situation on long term entitlement programs such as social security, medicare and medicaid. Without those, our debt is like 10 trillion. With them its like 56 trillion.
    This is why it makes me puke when I think that Obama will increase the costs and size of the government.

The only way the US can get out of the whole is cutting down the size of the government, in order to cut taxes and attract investments. Also the business in the USA needs to move in areas that requires well qualified people because you can't provide things if most of your workers are unqualified. It's sad that as Schiff says, the US gov will tax exactly the people that it needs.

Another huge problem for the US is that a part of the welfare people live on it because of illegals. Deport the illegals whenever you catch them and unqualified people will have jobs too.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    This is why it makes me puke when I think that Obama will increase the costs and size of the government.

The only way the US can get out of the whole is cutting down the size of the government, in order to cut taxes and attract investments. Also the business in the USA needs to move in areas that requires well qualified people because you can't provide things if most of your workers are unqualified. It's sad that as Schiff says, the US gov will tax exactly the people that it needs.

Another huge problem for the US is that a part of the welfare people live on it because of illegals. Deport the illegals whenever you catch them and unqualified people will have jobs too.
    The best solution in my eyes, is stop Social Security right now. What you paid into it is your at 65. Stop medicare and medicaid, now. Cold turkey. Repeal every environmental and labor law in the book. Abolish income taxes. Institute a 10% sales tax on everything.

That alone would give us the revenue to eventually balance the budget while taking off the table our biggest expenses.
  4. Last edited by somewhatgifted; 01-14-2009 at 09:39 AM.

5. YouTube - Peter Schiff On Your Money- Obama's Plan 1-10-09

People can be so ignorant, Leeb argues in circles very typical of a person who is wrong in a discussion.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    The best solution in my eyes, is stop Social Security right now. What you paid into it is your at 65. Stop medicare and medicaid, now. Cold turkey. Repeal every environmental and labor law in the book. Abolish income taxes. Institute a 10% sales tax on everything.

That alone would give us the revenue to eventually balance the budget while taking off the table our biggest expenses.
    I really don't understand the pleasure of paying half of your income so that you get some money when you retire. I'd rather have fun now with all my income and when I won't be able to work at 70 years old to off myself. lol Plus, I could solve that problem by saving.

What you propose will never work politically. Plus, what will you do about people with disabilities? And the investment money that will go in the US if you will only have a 10% sales tax on everything would be crazy. What I am amused about the current way of social security is the fact that is unsustainable. You need more workers in order to be able to sustain ageing populations and bigger numbers that live off welfare, but in order to that you need higher natality rates and the Earth is already overpopulated. With higher number of people on Earth you put more stress on the resource deficit thing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. NEW LG Sciences Product Advisor
    By GMG760 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 05:45 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 11:32 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
  5. Replies: 2