First broken promise?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Delay the repeal of "don't ask don't tell" in order to "research and build consensus"

Washington Times - EXCLUSIVE: Obama to delay repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'

What the hell does he think the consensus is going to be? I'm not sure how I feel about gays in the military. I have no problems with gays, of course, but the problems that it would raise with A LOT of people(especially in the military) have got to be taken into consideration.

Your thoughts?

bigcuz

Awards
I was in the military, there were gays there. We all knew certain guys were gay, but nobody cared.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Speaking from experience with two combat tours. I have seen gay soldiers display more balls than some of the straight guys. I don't condone the lifestyle, but don't condemn it either. The ask don't tell policy is to protect the gay soldiers, due to the hatred and discrimination they might experience if it was undoubtly known that they were gay. I was always close with my soldiers, and let them know that regardless of their preference, as long as they did their job, that is all I ask of them. Some may shun me for this, but hey who am I to judge.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say good.

If they build separate shower facilities, etc... then by all means.

Adams

bigcuz

Awards
I say good.

If they build separate shower facilities, etc... then by all means.

Adams
Your still taking showers with other dudes, i thought that was only bootcamp. What branch are you in?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Today he said he wasn't going to raise taxes on the wealthy. There's number 2!
Good move on his part, though.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your still taking showers with other dudes, i thought that was only bootcamp. What branch are you in?
AF... been stationed pretty exclusively at Army Posts, and Marine Camps. I was speaking along the line of enjoying my time in the sandbox. That and field training is pretty much it for that stuff.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today he said he wasn't going to raise taxes on the wealthy. There's number 2!
Good move on his part, though.
I am not Obama's biggest fan.. but you cannot say he isn't a smart man. To raise taxes for ANYONE right now would be detrimental, and he knows that.

Adams

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is not even in office yet, and rugger is keeping a score card? too funny. Man, you werent kidding, you are a dem :rolleyes:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
You really hate the guy don't you? Personnaly, I think he will do good. I would definetly not want to be in his shoes.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess team Obama never heard about the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
He is not even in office yet, and rugger is keeping a score card? too funny. Man, you werent kidding, you are a dem :rolleyes:

Ooooh right. Because I don't give Christ...ehem......Obama a free pass I'm not a democrat. Please forgive me.