White Guilt Is Dead

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Answers
    0

    White Guilt Is Dead


    http://www.philly.com/inq...er/currents/34160504.html

    WHITE GUILT IS DEAD

    Free at last, free at last!

    By Tom Adkins

    Nov. 9, 2008

    Look at my fellow conservatives! There they go, glumly shuffling along, depressed by the election aftermath. Not me. I'm virtually euphoric.

    Don't get me wrong. I'm not thrilled with America's flirtation with neo-socialism. But there's a massive silver lining in those magical clouds that lofted Barack Obama to the Presidency. For today, without a shred of intellectually legitimate opposition, I can loudly proclaim to America: The Era of White Guilt is over.

    This seemingly impossible event occurred because the vast majority of white Americans didn't give a fluff about skin color, and enthusiastically pulled the voting lever for a black man. Not just any black man. A very liberal black man who spent his early career race-hustling banks, praying in a racist church for 20 years, and actively worked with America-hating domestic terrorists. Wow! Some resume! Yet they made Barack Obama their leader. Therefore, as of November 4th, 2008, white guilt is dead.

    For over a century, the millstone of white guilt hung around our necks, retribution for slave-owning predecessors. In the 60s, American liberals began yanking that millstone while sticking a fork in the eye of black Americans, exacerbating the racial divide to extort a socialist solution. But if a black man can become President, exactly what significant barrier is left? The election of Barack Obama absolutely destroys the entire validation of liberal white guilt. The dragon is hereby slain.

    So today, I'm feeling a little "uppity," if you will. From this day forward, my tolerance level for having my skin color hustled is now exactly ZERO. And it's time to clean house. No more Reverend Wright's "God Damn America," Al Sharpton's Church of Perpetual Victimization, or Jesse Jackson's rainbow racism. Cornell West? You're a fraud. Go home. All those "black studies" programs that taught kids to hate whitey? You must now thank Whitey. And I want that on the final.

    Congressional Black Caucus? Irrelevant. Maxine Waters? Shut up. ACORN? Outlawed. Black Panthers? Go home and pet your kitty. Black separatists? Find another nation that offers better dreams. Go ahead. I'm waiting.

    Gangsta rappers? Start praising America. Begin with the Pledge of Allegiance. And please, no more ebonics. Speak English, and who knows where you might end up? Oh, yeah, pull up your pants. Your underwear is showing. You look stupid.

    Black Fraternities? Seek diversity. Race Card? It's now the joker. Miss Black America? Get in line with all the other lovely ladies. Reparations? Paid.

    To those Eurosnots who forged entire careers hating America? I'm still waiting for the first black French President.

    And let me offer an equal opportunity whupping. I've always despised lazy white people. Now, I can talk smack about lazy black people. You're poor because you quit school, did drugs, had three kids with three different fathers, and refuse to work. So when you plop your Colt 45-swilling, Oprah watchin' butt on the couch and complain "Da Man is keepin' me down!!!" allow me to inform you: Da Man is now black. You have no excuses.

    No more quotas. No more handouts. No more stealing my money because someone's great-great-great-great grandparents suffered actual pain and misery at the hands of people I have no relation to, and personally revile.

    It's time to toss that massive, obsolete race-hustle machine upon the heap of the other stupid 60s ideas. Drag it over there, by wife swapping, next to dope-smoking. Plenty of room right between free love and cop-killing. Careful, don't trip on streaking. There ya go, don't be gentle. Just dump it. Wash your hands. It's filthy.

    In fact, Obama's ascension created a gargantuan irony. How can you sell class envy and American unfairness when you and your black wife went to Ivy League schools, got high-paying jobs, became millionaires, bought a mansion, and got elected President? How unfair is that??? Now, Like a delicious O'Henry tale, Obama's spread-the-wealth campaign rendered itself moot by it's own victory! America is officially a meritocracy. Obama's election has validated American conservatism!

    So, listen carefully "Wham!!!"

    That's the sound of my foot kicking the door shut on the era of white guilt. The rites have been muttered, the carcass lowered, dirt shoveled, and tombstone erected. White guilt is dead and buried.

    However, despite my glee, there's apparently one small, rabid bastion of American racism remaining. Black Americans voted 96% for Barack Obama. Hmmm. In a color-blind world, shouldn't that be 50-50? Tonight, every black person should ask forgiveness for their apparent racism and prejudice towards white people. Maybe it's time to start spreading that guilt around.

  2. 84bandit
    Guest
    84bandit's Avatar

    that,sir, is one of the best things that i have read in a long time

  3. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    exactly, and the deciding issue in my vote.

    no more affirmative action, no more quotas. may the best man win.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    exactly, and the deciding issue in my vote.

    no more affirmative action, no more quotas. may the best man win.
    Obama supports reparations
  5. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Black Americans voted 96% for Barack Obama. Hmmm.
  6. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    rugger, here's the thing. my best friend growing up was a WASP - white, anglo saxon protestant. actually, he was catholic. he was the head of varsity soccer, varsity wrestling, and was a 4.0 student. he was declined a scholarship in UC Berkeley because of his race. point blank. he held a 3.97 GPA for 4 years at Berkeley - thats one A- every other semester. he was loaded up in college bills, so he took a job as an investment banker in new york in early 2001. you can figure out the rest.

    i think somewhere deep down inside me, that if affirmative action wasn't around, he wouldn't have had to get a student loan because of his GPA, and he would still be alive right now, because he would not have taken that job.

    this presidency might not be the best - only time will tell that. but if it destroys affirmative action for good, then as a nation, we are better for it. IMO.

    look at the jena 6. 6 black guys that team up on a white guy, and the black community gets behind the poor black guys that were singled out. before today, it was impossible for a white guy to say HE was singled out because of his race, and to charge those guys with a hate crime.

    to me, this will help level the playing field by getting rid of some of the retarded laws that clutter the judicial system. again, IMO.

    this also signifies the end of the united negro college fund - racism at its best.
  7. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,369
    Answers
    0

  8. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    lol. i'm a half-breed. i have very little wiggle room when it comes to being racist my friend.
  9. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,369
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    http://www.philly.com/inq...er/currents/34160504.html

    WHITE GUILT IS DEAD

    Free at last, free at last!

    By Tom Adkins

    Nov. 9, 2008

    Look at my fellow conservatives! There they go, glumly shuffling along, depressed by the election aftermath. Not me. I'm virtually euphoric.

    Don't get me wrong. I'm not thrilled with America's flirtation with neo-socialism. But there's a massive silver lining in those magical clouds that lofted Barack Obama to the Presidency. For today, without a shred of intellectually legitimate opposition, I can loudly proclaim to America: The Era of White Guilt is over.

    This seemingly impossible event occurred because the vast majority of white Americans didn't give a fluff about skin color, and enthusiastically pulled the voting lever for a black man. Not just any black man. A very liberal black man who spent his early career race-hustling banks, praying in a racist church for 20 years, and actively worked with America-hating domestic terrorists. Wow! Some resume! Yet they made Barack Obama their leader. Therefore, as of November 4th, 2008, white guilt is dead.

    For over a century, the millstone of white guilt hung around our necks, retribution for slave-owning predecessors. In the 60s, American liberals began yanking that millstone while sticking a fork in the eye of black Americans, exacerbating the racial divide to extort a socialist solution. But if a black man can become President, exactly what significant barrier is left? The election of Barack Obama absolutely destroys the entire validation of liberal white guilt. The dragon is hereby slain.

    So today, I'm feeling a little "uppity," if you will. From this day forward, my tolerance level for having my skin color hustled is now exactly ZERO. And it's time to clean house. No more Reverend Wright's "God Damn America," Al Sharpton's Church of Perpetual Victimization, or Jesse Jackson's rainbow racism. Cornell West? You're a fraud. Go home. All those "black studies" programs that taught kids to hate whitey? You must now thank Whitey. And I want that on the final.

    Congressional Black Caucus? Irrelevant. Maxine Waters? Shut up. ACORN? Outlawed. Black Panthers? Go home and pet your kitty. Black separatists? Find another nation that offers better dreams. Go ahead. I'm waiting.

    Gangsta rappers? Start praising America. Begin with the Pledge of Allegiance. And please, no more ebonics. Speak English, and who knows where you might end up? Oh, yeah, pull up your pants. Your underwear is showing. You look stupid.

    Black Fraternities? Seek diversity. Race Card? It's now the joker. Miss Black America? Get in line with all the other lovely ladies. Reparations? Paid.

    To those Eurosnots who forged entire careers hating America? I'm still waiting for the first black French President.

    And let me offer an equal opportunity whupping. I've always despised lazy white people. Now, I can talk smack about lazy black people. You're poor because you quit school, did drugs, had three kids with three different fathers, and refuse to work. So when you plop your Colt 45-swilling, Oprah watchin' butt on the couch and complain "Da Man is keepin' me down!!!" allow me to inform you: Da Man is now black. You have no excuses.

    No more quotas. No more handouts. No more stealing my money because someone's great-great-great-great grandparents suffered actual pain and misery at the hands of people I have no relation to, and personally revile.

    It's time to toss that massive, obsolete race-hustle machine upon the heap of the other stupid 60s ideas. Drag it over there, by wife swapping, next to dope-smoking. Plenty of room right between free love and cop-killing. Careful, don't trip on streaking. There ya go, don't be gentle. Just dump it. Wash your hands. It's filthy.

    In fact, Obama's ascension created a gargantuan irony. How can you sell class envy and American unfairness when you and your black wife went to Ivy League schools, got high-paying jobs, became millionaires, bought a mansion, and got elected President? How unfair is that??? Now, Like a delicious O'Henry tale, Obama's spread-the-wealth campaign rendered itself moot by it's own victory! America is officially a meritocracy. Obama's election has validated American conservatism!

    So, listen carefully "Wham!!!"

    That's the sound of my foot kicking the door shut on the era of white guilt. The rites have been muttered, the carcass lowered, dirt shoveled, and tombstone erected. White guilt is dead and buried.

    However, despite my glee, there's apparently one small, rabid bastion of American racism remaining. Black Americans voted 96% for Barack Obama. Hmmm. In a color-blind world, shouldn't that be 50-50? Tonight, every black person should ask forgiveness for their apparent racism and prejudice towards white people. Maybe it's time to start spreading that guilt around.
    So? people have the right to vote for whoever they want, if they "should" be 50%-50% then that's affirmative action......people have a right to be racist and hate/like anyone they want, but the other laws still applies Do not threaten, harm, stalk,etc..... Nothing wrong with being a racist.....only problem is harming someone else, weather it's racial or not.......
  10. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0

    How does Obama being elected as president erase all levels of discrimination? Do you think that Obama being president will automatically make any white supremist realize their mistakes? What this does is help people better recognize that anyone can do anything in this country. it doesn't mean you're automatically free from going through a bunch of ignorant *******s while on that path. I see this as a big step forward but it in no way means that suddenly all discrimination stops.
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    How does Obama being elected as president erase all levels of discrimination? Do you think that Obama being president will automatically make any white supremist realize their mistakes? What this does is help people better recognize that anyone can do anything in this country. it doesn't mean you're automatically free from going through a bunch of ignorant *******s while on that path. I see this as a big step forward but it in no way means that suddenly all discrimination stops.
    Why yes....yes it does.


    /exxxxxcellent
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    How does Obama being elected as president erase all levels of discrimination? Do you think that Obama being president will automatically make any white supremist realize their mistakes? What this does is help people better recognize that anyone can do anything in this country. it doesn't mean you're automatically free from going through a bunch of ignorant *******s while on that path. I see this as a big step forward but it in no way means that suddenly all discrimination stops.
    it doesn't stop racism. it does lay the stepping stones for eradicating discrimination though.
  13. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0

    Nothing wrong with being a racist.....only problem is harming someone else, weather it's racial or not.......
    There is something wrong with being rascist. How can one person hate an entire race of people? How can you find hatred in people you don't even know? People with that kind of thinking are also the kind that will have a person of another race(notice I didn't say minority) working for them and let their views cloud their judgement of that particular person.

    You don't have to drag someone behind a car or hang them from a tree to express your rascist views and cause pain. It could be something as simple as not writing a bad review for your employee but writing just below the level needed for promotion or better awards. It could be sending another person to training/schools instead of the one who may deserve it more.

    There's a reason affirmative action was put into place. We, as a people, couldn't control our hatred enough to be fair and respectful of those who deserve it. We had to use race and gender as a basis for disqualification. Do you think we're better about doing it now? I don't. I don't think so because i've worked in several fields of work over the years and have seen the discrimination first hand. Just because it's quiet rascism... it's still rascism.
  14. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0

    Racism will never stop in my mind. My opinion of people as a whole is too low to believe that it will happen.

    We need a reason to lump ourselves together with one group of people and to look down at another.

    Sports
    Religion
    Sex
    Race
    Politics
    etc

    It'll never end but It could one day be only a tiny problem.
  15. Registered User
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,353
    Answers
    0

    agreed. discrimination however is similar, but in showing that we don't discriminate in color in choosing a president, we help drop those barriers.

    racism will never go away completely, but i think this is a step in the right direction.
  16. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Answers
    0

    What the writer of this article fails to acknowledge in his rant is that Barack Obama did not win because he is black, he won in spite of it. All of the bullsh!t about him being Arab, Muslim, not born here,stealing his diploma, Palling around with terrorists, being the next coming of Karl Marx etc., did not blight the fact that he ran a smarter\better campaign than his opponent, reached more people where it counted (their brains) finding a message that resonated, not divided. It also didn't hurt that his opponent spent a lot of his time trying to prove that he wasn't who we thought he would be.($1 to Dennis Green)

    There are some things in Mr Adkins rant that are truth based however for the majority of black people that don't fit that niche, he is way off base.

    :bruce3:
  17. Registered User
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Answers
    0

    What about reverse racism? No one addresses that.
  18. Registered User
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Answers
    0

    ****ing ridiculous.
  19. Registered User
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Answers
    0

    oh dear. <sigh>
  20. Registered User
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Answers
    0

    The best thing that is coming ou ofthis is that people are finally speaking out in the open instead of hush-hush at home or with people that think the same as them. The best thing I feel that people can hope for is to start confronting ignorances and perhaps learn something. The basis of racism is ignorance. Talking it out hopefully means that someone, somewhere, somehow will learn something. Hopefully.
  21. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,388
    Answers
    2

    lol right

    just like 2 weeks ago these 4 students who lived in the Crops Unit had a confederate flag and a noose and all hell broke lose. The school president wrote like 4 letters to all students, there have been like 4 community meetings, the news is still covering it. This was ****ing 2 weeks ago and an isolated incident involving 4 goddam kids. Everyone is acting like our whole goddamn school is racist

    meanwhile last year a black student got an article published in the college newspaper about how he hated white people, and no one said ****

    no joke
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  22. Registered User
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Answers
    0

    Post his article. Why didn't people complain about it?
  23. Registered User
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    lol right

    just like 2 weeks ago these 4 students who lived in the Crops Unit had a confederate flag and a noose and all hell broke lose. The school president wrote like 4 letters to all students, there have been like 4 community meetings, the news is still covering it. This was ****ing 2 weeks ago and an isolated incident involving 4 goddam kids. Everyone is acting like our whole goddamn school is racist

    meanwhile last year a black student got an article published in the college newspaper about how he hated white people, no joke
    Exactly. Sometimes it feels like a double standard. It's okay for us, but not for you. Fyck that. I am not racist so don't take it that way.
  24. Registered User
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    The best thing I feel that people can hope for is to start confronting ignorances and perhaps learn something. The basis of racism is ignorance.
    True ignorance is the basis of racism. And this ignorance is on all sides of the fence. Understanding is what we need and the cynicism that has been around for so long is deconstructive. Double standards cannot exist either.
  25. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,388
    Answers
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    Exactly. Sometimes it feels like a double standard. It's okay for us, but not for you. Fyck that. I am not racist so don't take it that way.
    no question its a double standard

    forgot to mention when the black guy wrote the article, no one said ****
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  26. Registered User
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    ****ing ridiculous.
    What is?
  27. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,369
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Reply:

    I understand where you're coming from.....but, I just don't care what people think, only what they say and do......so if people want to entertain racism, sexism, intolerance, etc.... who am I to tell them they can't?

    If they say or do something about it, I'll have an issue then.

    And no, it wouldn't affect a review I write, I know from experience.

    However, zero of my friends are religious, racist, homosexuals, average IQ, vegetarians, etc..... isn't that discrimination? Yes, I don't associate much with people who have these qualities.

    What makes me different than a racist, race is a factor, just like intelligence and religious beliefs, how is a racist different than a person who discriminates based on the above factors? even if race is not one of them?

    My beliefs, at work they are not valid, in my personal life they are and still.....I don't bother anyone to begin with, so why would it matter if I already hated their guts or disliked them, nothing wrong with that, only when you say or act on it, although the inability of most people to keep that fine line in check....is when it becomes a problem....
  28. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    The inherent problem in affirmative action is that it brings race to the forefront, whether it was an issue or not. The best way to end racism is not to redirect it, as affirmative action does, but to have it end naturally.
  29. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,369
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    The inherent problem in affirmative action is that it brings race to the forefront, whether it was an issue or not. The best way to end racism is not to redirect it, as affirmative action does, but to have it end naturally.
    Ha, that's funny, I used to say that to people and they'd say I'm full of sh*t.

    Hey IMO, if you make something an issue officially, it will remain an issue, if you don't make it an issue, it'll slide away and reach equilibrium just fine.....but, like all good ideas end....DO NOT WANT.....

  30. Registered User
    FincaChick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    True ignorance is the basis of racism. And this ignorance is on all sides of the fence. Understanding is what we need and the cynicism that has been around for so long is deconstructive. Double standards cannot exist either.

    I think that ths is the truest, clearest, most non-biased thing that has been said so far. If everyone else could realize this it would be much more beneficial for everyone as a whole. So much can come of this if people are open. I guess this is where the maturity level will come in.
  31. Registered User
    NattyT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    439
    Answers
    0

    well i guess from being a black man this is all pretty funny to read. until you have lived the life I guess you realy cant comment on it. I dnt pay attention to race but it pays attention to me. Just because Barack is elect dosent make things better for me or my children. I have always had to work extra hard to get ahead in life. The one thing that Barack has going for him is that hes 50/50. Oh what about tiger, but he did make up his own race though. well I wonder If these guys never talked about there ethnic makeup would things turn out diffrently. I mean It does make me feel better because now I can get into a elevator with a white woman and she wont feel un easy. Thanks to Barack. Come on man lets get real. racism still is hear it may not be like in the past but its just as evident today as yesterday. I wonder how many ni***** Barack has been called since he won, In subberb white homes. Or do you think that some one isnt plotting on taken him out. The media plays a big part in this as well. African Americans are potraid as unruly thugs, true enough alot of them do it them selfs but they are not trying to show us as any dfiffrent. But all the major tv stations are owned by, we dont have to say. African americans have been the most looked down upon race that has walked this planet, not even the jewish people sufferd as mush as we have. It wasnt about religon with us it waqs simply skin color. What all people need to understand is that it takes a higher power to help us to over come our fallen nature it dosent matter who you are where theres hate theres murder where theres greed theres jealous people and strife, envy, wrath and a host of other things. thank god for his son who can set you free from these things. Im not here to argue about that, his word speaks for it self. The things he said would happen are happening befor are very eyes and some are to blind to see. I cant wait to get to a place where race dosent matter hopefukky those who read this will get there. But until that day In this world Im still a black man and will still be cosiderd lowert than most rather its voiced or not. Barack dosent have to worry about going broke, missing a meal or puttin food on his fams table as for me, well thats another story.
  32. Registered User
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    I think that ths is the truest, clearest, most non-biased thing that has been said so far. If everyone else could realize this it would be much more beneficial for everyone as a whole. So much can come of this if people are open. I guess this is where the maturity level will come in.
    Glad you likey pretty girly.
  33. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Answers
    0

    But all the major tv stations are owned by, we dont have to say. African americans have been the most looked down upon race that has walked this planet, not even the jewish people sufferd as mush as we have
    You do realize that much of the media, television included, is owned by Jewish people?
  34. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    But until that day In this world Im still a black man and will still be cosiderd lowert than most rather its voiced or not.
    Every black person I know doesn't have this attitude. I don't think of the black people I know any differently than white people I know. They're all people, I base my opinions on the person not their skin tone.

    If your teaching your children and telling your friends and family that it is a reality that black men are considered lower than most, you're part of the problem not the solution.
  35. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0

    Racism is racism... I don't consider options for it to be 'reversed'. This is why I never mentioned races or minorities in my typing. It happens at every level by all races. Of course everyone has their own reason on why it's a legit way of thinking.
  36. Registered User
    jon671's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    446
    Answers
    0

    I recognize differences, but have an over all sense of equality with everyone. Stereotyping and what not to me is not racist. All people stereotype each other into "groups" where they feel safe. I think it is not only to put others in groups, but also themselves. Your faults are your own and no one elses. FTW!
  37. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    I mean It does make me feel better because now I can get into a elevator with a white woman and she wont feel un easy. Thanks to Barack.
  38. Registered User
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    I dnt pay attention to race but it pays attention to me.
    Somehow, some way someone always reminds me. Never fails.
  39. Registered User
    ThomasRivera's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    The media plays a big part in this as well. African Americans are potraid as unruly thugs, true enough alot of them do it them selfs but they are not trying to show us as any dfiffrent. But all the major tv stations are owned by, we dont have to say. African americans have been the most looked down upon race that has walked this planet, not even the jewish people sufferd as mush as we have.

    First thing. If you look at a network like BET, it perpetrates that image of inner-city thug life. And secondly, the attempted genocide of a whole religion collectively and the placement of those people in death camps is much more horrible than a situation where tribesman/woman who had small societies that weren't on par with what was then modern standards of socio-scientific development, were captured by people of enemy tribes or foreigners and sold off which would ultimately give their descendants a chance to not get eaten by jaguars, lions, or have to live in a third world country.
  40. Registered User
    bigcuz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    35
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    First thing. If you look at a network like BET, it perpetrates that image of inner-city thug life. And secondly, the attempted genocide of a whole religion collectively and the placement of those people in death camps is much more horrible than a situation where tribesman/woman who had small societies that weren't on par with what was then modern standards of socio-scientific development, were captured by people of enemy tribes or foreigners and sold off which would ultimately give their descendants a chance to not get eaten by jaguars, lions, or have to live in a third world country.
    Are you stupid?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Drs sued in CT, and admit guilt; lyme disease
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:29 PM
  2. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
  3. Controlled Labs White Flood White Raspberry Tester Thread!
    By Dracoy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 12:46 AM
  4. Barry White Dead at Age 58
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in