White Guilt Is Dead

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. well i guess from being a black man this is all pretty funny to read. until you have lived the life I guess you realy cant comment on it. I dnt pay attention to race but it pays attention to me. Just because Barack is elect dosent make things better for me or my children. I have always had to work extra hard to get ahead in life. The one thing that Barack has going for him is that hes 50/50. Oh what about tiger, but he did make up his own race though. well I wonder If these guys never talked about there ethnic makeup would things turn out diffrently. I mean It does make me feel better because now I can get into a elevator with a white woman and she wont feel un easy. Thanks to Barack. Come on man lets get real. racism still is hear it may not be like in the past but its just as evident today as yesterday. I wonder how many ni***** Barack has been called since he won, In subberb white homes. Or do you think that some one isnt plotting on taken him out. The media plays a big part in this as well. African Americans are potraid as unruly thugs, true enough alot of them do it them selfs but they are not trying to show us as any dfiffrent. But all the major tv stations are owned by, we dont have to say. African americans have been the most looked down upon race that has walked this planet, not even the jewish people sufferd as mush as we have. It wasnt about religon with us it waqs simply skin color. What all people need to understand is that it takes a higher power to help us to over come our fallen nature it dosent matter who you are where theres hate theres murder where theres greed theres jealous people and strife, envy, wrath and a host of other things. thank god for his son who can set you free from these things. Im not here to argue about that, his word speaks for it self. The things he said would happen are happening befor are very eyes and some are to blind to see. I cant wait to get to a place where race dosent matter hopefukky those who read this will get there. But until that day In this world Im still a black man and will still be cosiderd lowert than most rather its voiced or not. Barack dosent have to worry about going broke, missing a meal or puttin food on his fams table as for me, well thats another story.

2. Quote Originally Posted by FincaChick View Post
    I think that ths is the truest, clearest, most non-biased thing that has been said so far. If everyone else could realize this it would be much more beneficial for everyone as a whole. So much can come of this if people are open. I guess this is where the maturity level will come in.
    Glad you likey pretty girly.
    •   

3. But all the major tv stations are owned by, we dont have to say. African americans have been the most looked down upon race that has walked this planet, not even the jewish people sufferd as mush as we have
    You do realize that much of the media, television included, is owned by Jewish people?

4. Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    But until that day In this world Im still a black man and will still be cosiderd lowert than most rather its voiced or not.
    Every black person I know doesn't have this attitude. I don't think of the black people I know any differently than white people I know. They're all people, I base my opinions on the person not their skin tone.

If your teaching your children and telling your friends and family that it is a reality that black men are considered lower than most, you're part of the problem not the solution.

5. Racism is racism... I don't consider options for it to be 'reversed'. This is why I never mentioned races or minorities in my typing. It happens at every level by all races. Of course everyone has their own reason on why it's a legit way of thinking.
    •   

6. I recognize differences, but have an over all sense of equality with everyone. Stereotyping and what not to me is not racist. All people stereotype each other into "groups" where they feel safe. I think it is not only to put others in groups, but also themselves. Your faults are your own and no one elses. FTW!
  7. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    I mean It does make me feel better because now I can get into a elevator with a white woman and she wont feel un easy. Thanks to Barack.
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    I dnt pay attention to race but it pays attention to me.
    Somehow, some way someone always reminds me. Never fails.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NattyT View Post
    The media plays a big part in this as well. African Americans are potraid as unruly thugs, true enough alot of them do it them selfs but they are not trying to show us as any dfiffrent. But all the major tv stations are owned by, we dont have to say. African americans have been the most looked down upon race that has walked this planet, not even the jewish people sufferd as mush as we have.

First thing. If you look at a network like BET, it perpetrates that image of inner-city thug life. And secondly, the attempted genocide of a whole religion collectively and the placement of those people in death camps is much more horrible than a situation where tribesman/woman who had small societies that weren't on par with what was then modern standards of socio-scientific development, were captured by people of enemy tribes or foreigners and sold off which would ultimately give their descendants a chance to not get eaten by jaguars, lions, or have to live in a third world country.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    First thing. If you look at a network like BET, it perpetrates that image of inner-city thug life. And secondly, the attempted genocide of a whole religion collectively and the placement of those people in death camps is much more horrible than a situation where tribesman/woman who had small societies that weren't on par with what was then modern standards of socio-scientific development, were captured by people of enemy tribes or foreigners and sold off which would ultimately give their descendants a chance to not get eaten by jaguars, lions, or have to live in a third world country.
    Are you stupid?

11. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    If you read my post above, you'll see that I think it's 100% fine for people to be racist, even against my race, I have no problem with it, to each his own.

The above, is to break in, assault and kidnap people and families from their homes, from their loved ones, from what they know, taken to be slaves and that's better?

Only good thing about that is if they escape, rape everyone who contributed to their capture and enslavement and then kill them...I know I would....What if I kidnap you because I think your life is bad and take you somewhere I think is better? would you like that?

Let's not forget, most people are not enslaved because their masters thought "Oh, look at those poor people, I want to help them......let's kidnap them! "..........yeah....I'm sure that's what they were thinking, not free labor......

Plus, on a scientific side, studies show that primitive hunter gatherer societies are happier, have more leisure time, face less stress, live healthier lives and without environmental stress, they can easily live longer than domesticated corn fed humans.

And sh*t, you're talking about death by a f**king lion, like it's bad?

How bad is having rape, murder, robberies, gonoreha, syphilis, AIDS, DUIs, Car accidents, fires, slave economy, marriage problems, health problems caused by advancements, flesh eating bugs, addiction, pollution, prisons, wars, etc... etc...etc....etc.....

What makes you think that they would be happier just because you think you like the place you're at now? maybe they hated the white man's world, ever think of that?

Probably the worst post I have seen on AM so far.........

12. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    I agree that the merciless Nazi treatment of Jews before and during World War II dwarfs the American and European treatment of African slaves. There is no human act comparable in size and scope to the Nazi treatment of the Jews, outside of perhaps ethnic cleansing in Rwanda.

However, as others have said, superior technological and sociological advances are no justification for slavery. I feel that any rational moral justification for slavery is intellectually dishonest.

That being said, many of the cultures in Africa where slaves came from engaged in slavery often with barbaric treatment toward their slaves. The slaves did not come from peaceful societies and essentially the same fate could of befell many of them even if they were not abducted by Europeans. Again this is not a justification for the treatment the slaves received, just the reality of the situation in West Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries.

13. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Now, that's phrase-abuse.

14. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I agree that the merciless Nazi treatment of Jews before and during World War II dwarfs the American and European treatment of African slaves. There is no human act comparable in size and scope to the Nazi treatment of the Jews, outside of perhaps ethnic cleansing in Rwanda.

However, as others have said, superior technological and sociological advances are no justification for slavery. I feel that any rational moral justification for slavery is intellectually dishonest.

That being said, many of the cultures in Africa where slaves came from engaged in slavery often with barbaric treatment toward their slaves. The slaves did not come from peaceful societies and essentially the same fate could of befell many of them even if they were not abducted by Europeans. Again this is not a justification for the treatment the slaves received, just the reality of the situation in West Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries.
    Wait a minute, so your saying your justification for the treatment the slaves received, isn't really a justification, because your justified in saying it based on the situation in West Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries? So would i be justified in saying that the only reason you made this statement was to justify the treatment of slaves?

15. Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    This is by far and away the fucking stupidest, and most blatantly ignorant, post I have ever read on www.anabolicminds.com.

16. Quote Originally Posted by MrTexas1982 View Post
    Wait a minute, so your saying your justification for the treatment the slaves received, isn't really a justification, because your justified in saying it based on the situation in West Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries? So would i be justified in saying that the only reason you made this statement was to justify the treatment of slaves?
    WTF....he CLEARLY said it was not justification....

Arabs, Egyptians, Frenchies, English, etc.... all had slaves before Americans ever did........some before America was even a thought.

He's just stating a fact, that they did not come from the garden of eden, some of them were in hell to be taken and again put in more hell.

Something like that Rob?

17. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post

Where did the need for comparison come into play at here. That's about as stupid as Jeffrey Dahmer saying "Yeah I killed 15 people, but Ted Bundy killed 35, so go light on my sentence".

18. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Have you heard of the Tu quoque Fallacy?

In no way do your premises here correlate to the conclusion of the slavery in question. I.e., it is a fallacy.

Oh, as well, the attrition rates for North American Indigene are estimated to be somewhere in the area of 80-95% (depending on whom you listen to); this rate of attrition actually does outpace the relative scope of Nazi Germany.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    WTF....he CLEARLY said it was not justification....

Arabs, Egyptians, Frenchies, English, etc.... all had slaves before Americans ever did........some before America was even a thought.

He's just stating a fact, that they did not come from the garden of eden, some of them were in hell to be taken and again put in more hell.

Something like that Rob?
    Yeah, thats why he said it wasn't justification, because he knew before he said it that it was.

20. Quote Originally Posted by MrTexas1982 View Post
    Wow, read what I said:

The slaves did not come from peaceful societies and essentially the same fate could of befell many of them even if they were not abducted by Europeans. Again this is not a justification for the treatment the slaves received, just the reality of the situation in West Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries.
    As I said enslaving another human being can never be justified on a rational moral level.

The statement I made was to highlight that in many societies in West Africa, slavery was a way of life prior to the Europeans coming. We can inject our modern day sensibilities back 400 years ago all we want, but the fact is that slavery was not seen with the same repugnance then as it is today.

21. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Wow, read what I said:

As I said enslaving another human being can never be justified on a rational moral level.

The statement I made was to highlight that in many societies in West Africa, slavery was a way of life prior to the Europeans coming. We can inject our modern day sensibilities back 400 years ago all we want, but the fact is that slavery was not seen with the same repugnance then as it is today.
    Speaking from the view point of the Master or the Slave?

22. Quote Originally Posted by MrTexas1982 View Post
    The master. I did not live 400 years, nor do I know much about that time frame, but from what I know, you could be a "good moral" person and have slaves back then.

Just like in some societies till this day you're a good moral person if you bury a woman in the ground till only her head is showing and stone her head till she's dead if she's SUSPECTED of adultery.

I think you're mistaking facts he's stating for opinion, the above is a fact I'm stating, same people who think women who have tattoos are whores, do I agree with that? NO

Is it fact? Yes.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Have you heard of the Tu quoque Fallacy?
    No, based on the context I'm guessing its saying one thing and writing a disclaimer that that is not what you are saying?

In no way do your premises here correlate to the conclusion of the slavery in question. I.e., it is a fallacy.

Oh, as well, the attrition rates for North American Indigene are estimated to be somewhere in the area of 80-95% (depending on whom you listen to); this rate of attrition actually does outpace the relative scope of Nazi Germany.
    Insofar as end result that's true. While its true much of that was intentional, the size and scope of the smallpox epidemics were not intentional. I would most definitely not call that a unified effort. You could not say that Cortez and Custer worked together to achieve a common goal.

Nazi Germany was a deliberate intentional act of ethnic extermination on a large scale, as was Rwanda.

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrTexas1982 View Post
    Either one.

25. Quote Originally Posted by MrTexas1982 View Post
    Where did the need for comparison come into play at here. That's about as stupid as Jeffrey Dahmer saying "Yeah I killed 15 people, but Ted Bundy killed 35, so go light on my sentence".
    Somebody stated previously that African Americans were treated worse than any race in history. Thomas Rivera disagreed, specifically mentioning the holocaust, and I concurred.

26. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Either one.
    LOL Yeah right

I bet slaves back then were "Ahhh it's kool, these are good people, they just have us as slaves..."

And ONLY now it would be "WTF....f**k those people, I'm going to f**king murder them all when I get the chance to"

I'm guessing the attitude of the master is the only one that would change, unless you're into some freaky D/S sexual fantasies, it's never seen as ok to be a slave.

27. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Somebody stated previously that African Americans were treated worse than any race in history. Thomas Rivera disagreed, specifically mentioning the holocaust, and I concurred.
    How about the history of America, since this thread is specifically speaking of events that happened in America?

28. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    LOL Yeah right

I bet slaves back then were "Ahhh it's kool, these are good people, they just have us as slaves..."

And ONLY now it would be "WTF....f**k those people, I'm going to f**king murder them all when I get the chance to"

I'm guessing the attitude of the master is the only one that would change, unless you're into some freaky D/S sexual fantasies, it's never seen as ok to be a slave.
    Obviously I can't speak for any or all people during that time.

However, the West Africans responded to slavery much more favorably than how the Native Americans responded to slavery. I wouldn't say they enjoyed it, but I'd speculate the fact that they had seen slavery in their lifetime and it was not an alien concept allowed them to adjust to it. Slavery was not common in most Native American cultures (with some exceptions), so it was a much rougher transition, and contributed to the high death rate among indigenous Carribean slaves.

I've also heard several other different lines of thinking about why West Africans responded to slavery better than Native Americans, but the fact that slavery existed in Africa previously and not in most North American cultures certainly makes this a plausible explanation.

29. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Either one.
    Now I finally understand the thought process behind the rest of your political viewpoints.

30. Quote Originally Posted by MrTexas1982 View Post
    How about the history of America, since this thread is specifically speaking of events that happened in America?
    Do you mean the worst treated minority in the history of America? You really think African-Americans beat out Native Americans?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Drs sued in CT, and admit guilt; lyme disease
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 05:29 PM
  2. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
  3. Controlled Labs White Flood White Raspberry Tester Thread!
    By Dracoy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM
  4. Barry White Dead at Age 58
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 10:38 PM