Obama couldn't pass Secret Serivce/FBI background check?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Any truths to this?

What in the SF 85/86 would disqualify him?

Bill Ayers? Foreign ties? Weather Underground? admittance of using drugs? recently?

Opinions or leads?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Any truths to this?

What in the SF 85/86 would disqualify him?

Bill Ayers? Foreign ties? Weather Underground? admittance of using drugs? recently?

Opinions or leads?
Yes. But its really irrelevant. He got elected to be POTUS and theres no background check for that.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Probably all of the above and the fact that there isn't really a paper trail for his international travel/living in his younger years.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
We've been over all of this, moot point. btw, John McCain would not be able to pass that same security check based on G Gordon Liddy, Bill Bonanno and others. It's over, let it go.

:bruce3:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
We've been over all of this, moot point. btw, John McCain would not be able to pass that same security check based on G Gordon Liddy, Bill Bonanno and others. It's over, let it go.

The drugs rule out people automatically, the other stuff is discretionary.

But you're right, this is just sour grapes.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Better get used to it...for 8 years Republicans were on the defense..now its your turn.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better get used to it...for 8 years Republicans were on the defense..now its your turn.
At least Limbaugh will be back on top again.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. But its really irrelevant. He got elected to be POTUS and theres no background check for that.
Can we be clear about this for a moment? You have absolutely no idea whether or not he would pass a clearance test because it has not occurred at this point. To even insinuate as you are now that it is a foregone conclusion is beyond ridiculous and short-sighted. Was he given a clearance test? Are you privy to that information whilst we are not? No, to each question, I believe.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, irrespective of the intended target therein, is when people pass conjecture (especially off of Fox) as objective fact. Did you know that MSNBC told me that Obama can walk on water? I actually propagate that as fact as readily as you do this. Quite interesting, actually.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Can we be clear about this for a moment? You have absolutely no idea whether or not he would pass a clearance test because it has not occurred at this point. To even insinuate as you are now that it is a foregone conclusion is beyond ridiculous and short-sighted. Was he given a clearance test? Are you privy to that information whilst we are not? No, to each question, I believe.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, irrespective of the intended target therein, is when people pass conjecture (especially off of Fox) as objective fact. Did you know that MSNBC told me that Obama can walk on water? I actually propagate that as fact as readily as you do this. Quite interesting, actually.
For most standard sf86s using smack is a show stopper.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I guess you're out of the running too eh?

Coke.

Not only do you have use, but then you have possession, associating with criminals (dealers), criminal lifestyle, etc....

At least that's the way they look at it, MJ is more waiverable these days, but can still affect some clearances.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established

I can tell you based upon my occupation and intimate knowledge of the FBI background check, he would not pass. Based upon his own admissions.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Coke.

Not only do you have use, but then you have possession, associating with criminals (dealers), criminal lifestyle, etc....

At least that's the way they look at it, MJ is more waiverable these days, but can still affect some clearances.
For the FBI, no illegal drug use is allowed. Thats their policy. You all can google it or whatever, but I'm positive thats their policy.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
For the FBI, no illegal drug use is allowed. Thats their policy. You all can google it or whatever, but I'm positive thats their policy.
Unless you're a target recruit, like a linguist or the POTUS ;)

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Under the FBI's current Employment Drug Policy, an applicant will be found unsuitable for employment if they:

* Have used any illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991), other than marijuana, within the past ten years, or engaged in more than minimal experimentation in their lifetime. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the frequency of use, will be evaluated.
* Have used marijuana/cannabis within the past three years, or have extensively used marijuana/cannabis or over a substantial period of time. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the recency and frequency of use, will be evaluated.

You can easily determine whether you meet the FBI's illegal drug policy by answering the following questions:

1. Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?
2. Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
3. Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
4. Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?

The Navy has a zero tolerance policy, although waivers are still given, less when arrested for it...more for the "tellers"

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Under the FBI's current Employment Drug Policy, an applicant will be found unsuitable for employment if they:

* Have used any illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991), other than marijuana, within the past ten years, or engaged in more than minimal experimentation in their lifetime. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the frequency of use, will be evaluated.
* Have used marijuana/cannabis within the past three years, or have extensively used marijuana/cannabis or over a substantial period of time. In making the determination about an applicant’s suitability for FBI employment, all relevant facts, including the recency and frequency of use, will be evaluated.

You can easily determine whether you meet the FBI's illegal drug policy by answering the following questions:

1. Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?
2. Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
3. Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
4. Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?

The Navy has a zero tolerance policy, although waivers are still given, less when arrested for it...more for the "tellers"
Wow, I could've sworn it was any illegal drug use bars them. Looks like I was wrong. Good shiit.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, I could've sworn it was any illegal drug use bars them. Looks like I was wrong. Good shiit.
True, but since he said he did drugs while in high school/early college, as quoted below:

"You know, got into drinking. I experimented with drugs. There was a whole stretch of time that I didn't really apply myself a lot. It wasn't until I got out of high school and went to college that I started realizing, 'Man, I wasted a lot of time.' "

In high school, his biggest interests were sports and girls, he said.

Obama has written about his drug use in his memoir, "Dreams from My Father." Mostly he smoked marijuana and drank alcohol, Obama wrote, but occasionally he would snort cocaine when he could afford it."

Source:http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/11/21/obama_gets_blunt_with_nh_students/

Makes me wonder, since he's 47, the FBI 10+ years, which he's done with, minimal use(possibly?) so it could be "more than minimal use" that disqualified him.

His foreign travel/living shouldn't be an issue also regarding to Jakarta, Indonesia(school) since more than 7 years have passed on the SF85/6 question.

Which raises some serious questions, if it's not drugs, not foreign travel, why was he not cleared? if the FBI didn't clear him and trust him , that's a big red flag right there, especially for someone running the entire country and privy to almost every "secret" this nation has.

I'm not into Obama bashing and I say give him time, see what he does, that's being objective, so is this, an issue like this should not be ignored.

Mccain held at least a secret clearance, if not TS to be able to become a Naval Aviator.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I think you guys misunderstood this statement. I always took it to mean that BHO couldn't pass a FBI background check if he took one, not that he took one and failed it.

Why would he have take an FBI or any other background check?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think you guys misunderstood this statement. I always took it to mean that BHO couldn't pass a FBI background check if he took one, not that he took one and failed it.

Why would he have take an FBI or any other background check?
Allegedly because he applied to work for one of those agencies, which I'm not sure of, hence the "Any truths to this?" in my first post.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Allegedly because he applied to work for one of those agencies, which I'm not sure of, hence the "Any truths to this?" in my first post.
I just googled it and didn't see anything about him actually doing a background check, just a lot of speculation about the results if he did take one.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can tell you based upon my occupation and intimate knowledge of the FBI background check, he would not pass. Based upon his own admissions.
Or in other words: You do not know if he would pass or not and you are once again attempting to pass conjecture off as fact.

He has never taken a background check, and the initial speculation stemmed from a guest on one of Fox's 'infotainment' shows. The strain from individuals of certain ideologies to make cursory and passing relationships into deep-seeded associations is laughable; if you elaborated upon any politicians associations as you seem to Obama, none of them would pass.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, but since he said he did drugs while in high school/early college, as quoted below:

Makes me wonder, since he's 47, the FBI 10+ years, which he's done with, minimal use(possibly?) so it could be "more than minimal use" that disqualified him.

His foreign travel/living shouldn't be an issue also regarding to Jakarta, Indonesia(school) since more than 7 years have passed on the SF85/6 question.

Which raises some serious questions, if it's not drugs, not foreign travel, why was he not cleared? if the FBI didn't clear him and trust him , that's a big red flag right there, especially for someone running the entire country and privy to almost every "secret" this nation has.

I'm not into Obama bashing and I say give him time, see what he does, that's being objective, so is this, an issue like this should not be ignored.

Mccain held at least a secret clearance, if not TS to be able to become a Naval Aviator.
He has not taken one. RobinKuwait saw a segment on Fox and Friends and, being the fair, reliable, and objective news source it is, he took it as gospel. Hence my comments as to individuals attempting to pass conjecture off as fact.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Or in other words: You do not know if he would pass or not and you are once again attempting to pass conjecture off as fact.

He has never taken a background check, and the initial speculation stemmed from a guest on one of Fox's 'infotainment' shows. The strain from individuals of certain ideologies to make cursory and passing relationships into deep-seeded associations is laughable; if you elaborated upon any politicians associations as you seem to Obama, none of them would pass.
Whatever. I said initially that it doesn't matter because there are no background check requirements to be POTUS. Whether or not the guy can pass an FBI background check is not relevant.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
He has not taken one. RobinKuwait saw a segment on Fox and Friends and, being the fair, reliable, and objective news source it is, he took it as gospel. Hence my comments as to individuals attempting to pass conjecture off as fact.
I've been given a background check and know exactly the questions they ask. I thought the drug thing disqualifies him, but I was wrong. As far as the associations, they would at least prompt a more in depth look. I can guarantee Ayers is at least on some sort of FBI watch list. He would get polygraphed and a lot of it would hinge on the answers he gave.

But you're right I can't say whether he would pass or not, and this all is just speculation. Not to mention, as I said before, completely irrelevant.