"The first thing I'd do as president is..."

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Wouldn't it be more responsible to err on the side of caution?
    Do you have any idea what the cost, in both energy and effort and hardship are? This is not a casual decision - and lives can be ruined or severely compromised.

    Without a brain, there is no identity - and therefore no human being.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Do you have any idea what the cost, in both energy and effort and hardship are? This is not a casual decision - and lives can be ruined or severely compromised.

    Without a brain, there is no identity - and therefore no human being.

    Seriously? Boo hoo. Yeah, I do know. My single mother raised me and my two siblings while working full time and going to school full time. I ate spaghetti and ramen growing up. She could have and almost did abort me, but she sucked it up and decided that she wasn't going to take me away just to make her life easier or less difficult.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Seriously? Boo hoo. Yeah, I do know. My single mother raised me and my two siblings while working full time and going to school full time. I ate spaghetti and ramen growing up. She could have and almost did abort me, but she sucked it up and decided that she wasn't going to take me away just to make her life easier or less difficult.
    No need to take that attitude...without brain activity (or even a brain) there, for all intents, WAS no you.

    And taking your train of thought further, I would expect your argument can easily be co-opted by those that DO wish to ban the pill as murder, since THEY believe life starts at conception.


    Where does it end?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    No need to take that attitude...without brain activity (or even a brain) there, for all intents, WAS no you.
    I simply disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Where does it end?
    It doesn't.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I simply disagree.



    It doesn't.
    And we come full circle.

    But at least civil.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  6. I simply do not consider it to be a child until there is brain activity. Even after there is brain activity I follow the same line of thinking as B5150. Wrong or right it's how I feel and would base my decisions of off.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    "The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do." -- Senator Barack Obama, speaking to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, July 17, 2007

    "Freedom of Choice Act" Index Page

    You asked for it - you got it Toyota!
    To illustrate the level of my own naivete, I TOTALLY thought there was gonna be discussion about BO's (I love the acronym his initials makes) promised first act of Presidency. In addition to the hypocrisy demonstrated by the demographics that overwhelmingly voted for him. Silly me :P

  8. **** freedom of choice. A baby's not a damn choice, it's a gift. **** Obama!

    Freedom to murder? **** that. A reknowned abortionist here in Canada recently got the Order of Canada (LIke a Canadian Congressional Medal of Honor)

    WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE WORLD COMING TO? SERIOUSLY.

  9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp...rtion_on_Crime

    Surprised nobody brought that up on either side.

  10. So are you for or against flobot?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    **** freedom of choice. A baby's not a damn choice, it's a gift. **** Obama!

    Freedom to murder? **** that. A reknowned abortionist here in Canada recently got the Order of Canada (LIke a Canadian Congressional Medal of Honor)

    WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE WORLD COMING TO? SERIOUSLY.
    Well, at least this was a measured, well-considered and even-handed contribution to the discussion. I can unequivocally say my intellect has been bolstered due to your illuminative contribution to the discussion at hand. My regards, and appreciations.

    Yours Truly,
    Mulletsoldier
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. One thing confuses me about the "stimus"
    By bigrobbierob in forum Politics
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 05:20 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
  5. is there such thing as a "clean" bulk?
    By blackjack in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Log in
Log in