"The first thing I'd do as president is..."

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Ok, we're even, lol.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

2. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Exactly where the problem arises...when does it qualify as being classified as a "human being"?
    Well, this is pretty simple really. With the development of science over the years we now know that the embryo at its earliest stages has all the criteria needed to establish the existence of biological life. The embryo has metabolism, the ability to react to stimuli, and cell reproduction. This enough to let us know that the embryo can be called a human being. Also, each embryo is different and set apart by a distinct genetic code. And last time I checked size or level of dependency had nothing to do with classifying someone as a human being.
    Armed to the teeth.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    No. What makes a human life more valuable than any other animal?
    It was a joke, but I agree with this statement.

Plus, nothing wrong with abortions IMO.

How late(what trimester) before it's too late, etc...etc... I don't know, I'm not an expert on the issue, but I'm not against abortions.

If it's reasonably regulated(not too much, not too little) I have no problem with it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post

Sadly, just weeks before Jordon's expected date of birth his life was taken from him by a terrible, careless, selfish and senseless act. He had his whole life ahead of him until he was aborted - murdered.

Reminds me of the song Then You Really Might Know What It's Like by Everlast.
    I dont have a strong opinion on abortion. I guess I support it so long as its done EARLY....in all caps

5. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    You have doubt about the value of human life over foul and livestock food sources and I do not posses the skills to convince you otherwise
    I'd say we're all mammals.
    I dont like to hunt, I feel terrible killing animals for sport, but I'm not going to stop eating them. On the vegitarian issue, I think its pretty funny that all the other animals eat each other, but as soon as we join the food chain it's "immoral."

Its a pretty difficult issue. Religion says all the animals are just brainless machines place here for us to feed on. w/o religion, we're all just animals.

I'd rather no abortion take place ideally, but we dont live in an ideal world. Would you rather be born into an orphanage or not at all? (not a rhetorical question, I'm actually asking for opinions).
    To argue against myself, the world has seen some incredible things from "b@stard" children lol (Hamilton for instance)

Sarah Palin is against abortion even in cases of rape and incest. Worse than Obamas stance I'd say. Young girls should not have to carry out a pregnancy because they got attacked late one night.

btw B5150 I'm not attacking/addressing you, your post just inspired some late night rambling haha
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    Well, this is pretty simple really. With the development of science over the years we now know that the embryo at its earliest stages has all the criteria needed to establish the existence of biological life. The embryo has metabolism, the ability to react to stimuli, and cell reproduction. This enough to let us know that the embryo can be called a human being. Also, each embryo is different and set apart by a distinct genetic code. And last time I checked size or level of dependency had nothing to do with classifying someone as a human being.
    Source please.
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

7. I thought level of dependancy decided a lot?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I thought level of dependancy decided a lot?
    Only if you are not the one that it depends on.

Seriously, just did a refresher, and it looks like even the most rudimentary nervous system development is not until 9 weeks.

9. Its asinine that Maryland has a 72 hour waiting period to get married, but no waiting period for abortions.

10. Well, I am quite sure if you were raped and found out you were pregnant several months later, you would definitely want to wait an additional three days for the child to be aborted.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well, I am quite sure if you were raped and found out you were pregnant several months later, you would definitely want to wait an additional three days for the child to be aborted.
    The waiting period is a good idea. Yes the three days is unfortunate, but what would be more unfortanate is a non-raped pregnant woman having a bad day and deciding to get an abortion, and regretting it the next day.

12. I'm not aware of any state that doesn't do a rape kit/pregnancy/std testing much sooner than months later but even if that were the case, 3 days wouldn't be much of a difference... I would also hope that having to deal with something as traumatic as rape, there would be a wait period to allow for counseling. When dealing with abortion, it may be even more truamatic than the rape.

I've delt with a case where a Catholic woman attempted suicide after the abortion but didn't after the rape...

I'm pro-choice and believe it should be the decision of the mother(there are other exceptions/beliefs within this)

13. Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    So I maybe these embros which are so small women can miscarry them w/o knowing could be surviving in the sewers..along with the allegators flushed down toilets by movie stars. I real life jungle book scenario perhaps

Everything is in place for it to someday survive on its own, but it doesnt have a snowballs chance in hel| outside the mothers womb

14. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well, I am quite sure if you were raped and found out you were pregnant several months later, you would definitely want to wait an additional three days for the child to be aborted.
    My point is that marriage is reversible and there is a waiting period of 72 hours. Abortion is in no way reversible and there is no waiting period required.

I'm sure the justification for the marriage waiting is that you wouldn't want to do something you'd regret. It seems that an abortion should get at least the waiting period, as the potential for regret is greater since its an action that can't be undone.

15. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    So I maybe these embros which are so small women can miscarry them w/o knowing could be surviving in the sewers..along with the allegators flushed down toilets by movie stars. I real life jungle book scenario perhaps

Everything is in place for it to someday survive on its own, but it doesnt have a snowballs chance in hel| outside the mothers womb
    a 1 year old wouldn't survive on it's own either. Can we kill it then? How about a 1 week old?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    a 1 year old wouldn't survive on it's own either. Can we kill it then? How about a 1 week old?
    I wouldnt feel too comfortable with it. ha

Your comment actually isnt a silly one. Almost the same concept really. The issue is just where is the cut off for life and non life. There really isnt one. I guess its more like alive and less-alive (like fatal and less-fatal weapons classifications).
    If I jack off am I a murderer?

(I'm not trying to argue with you or anything Rugger. I'm not someone passionate about Prochoice by any means)

17. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I thought level of dependancy decided a lot?
    So a paraplegic is not a human being because it has a very high level of dependency on others...?
    Armed to the teeth.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

This is really almost a non-issue. Only 2-3% of rape cases actually lead to impregnation. So the justification of abortion based on rape is like legalizing the running of red lights, because you may have to run one someday to save someone who is about to commit suicide.
    Armed to the teeth.

19. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Source please.
    Will find it when I have time, but I thought this was common knowledge amongst the intellectually elite.
    Armed to the teeth.

20. Your response to my 'question' makes no sense... It was a question.

21. Apparently I misunderstood your question, my apologies. Sometimes it is hard to tell the tone of the question over the internet.
    Armed to the teeth.

22. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Source please.
    http://www.gfmer.ch/Medical_educatio...rat_review.pdf
    Armed to the teeth.

23. A paper on in vitro fertilization and viability of embryos?

24. lol..ooops. sorry dsade. I have a crap load of .pdf's. let me find my source for you....
    Armed to the teeth.

25. Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    lol..ooops. sorry dsade. I have a crap load of .pdf's. let me find my source for you....

No worries...I'm not getting worked up on this one.

/must be the PEA I just took.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. **The first of its kind DIESEL TEST 2040 is now avail.
    By Chuck Diesel in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM
  2. Do these mean the same thing?
    By toastynoodles in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:03 PM
  3. Second cycle as effective as the first?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 03:33 PM
  4. Digestion first thing in the morning...
    By Jcc in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 11:35 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 02:46 PM