So Where's the "Change"?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. So Where's the "Change"?




  2. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post

    lol

    The best part is Obama wont stand up for himself. He can and will be persuaded to do what his invested advisers want him to.
    •   
       


  3. I agree: Two-and-a-half months prior to his inauguration is the perfect time to put forward objective commentary about his hypothetical actions. I often use this objective method to purchase cars before I test drive them, buy supplements before they hit the market, and date girls I have never seen.

    Viven de largo el estupidos!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I agree: Two-and-a-half months prior to his inauguration is the perfect time to put forward objective commentary about his hypothetical actions. I often use this objective method to purchase cars before I test drive them, buy supplements before they hit the market, and date girls I have never seen.

    Viven de largo el estupidos!
    When I buy cars I like to look at their service records too. Past consumer reviews etc. It helps a lot!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    When I buy cars I like to look at their service records too. Past consumer reviews etc. It helps a lot!
    Especially cars which have not been produced yet! They have the most reliable service records!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Especially cars which have not been produced yet! They have the most reliable service records!
    You can always look at cars built off the same chassis with the same engine and largely the same components.
    Or perhaps earlier models that were the same car, but are now being produced under a different model name.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    You can always look at cars built off the same chassis with the same engine and largely the same components.
    Or perhaps earlier models that were the same car, but are now being produced under a different model name.
    No, no, I mean the concept cars! You know: Cars that have not made it to production yet, and have never had a single tire on the ground! Those are the best to judge based off reliability records! I mean, their performance records do not exist, so one can make any inferences they wish!!

  8. too far

  9. I'm sure he'll be wonderful.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    lol

    The best part is Obama wont stand up for himself. He can and will be persuaded to do what his invested advisers want him to.
    That remains to be seen and you think Bush didn't?

    :bruce3:

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    That remains to be seen and you think Bush didn't?

    :bruce3:

    Did I say that anywhere or are you making **** up about me again?

  12. Lol... "I see what you did there"

  13. Bush destroyed this country,,,. no matter what Obama does, he's screwed because Bush made the deficit go up and job rates down,... and that's ONLY the tip of the proverbial iceberg!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I agree: Two-and-a-half months prior to his inauguration is the perfect time to put forward objective commentary about his hypothetical actions. I often use this objective method to purchase cars before I test drive them, buy supplements before they hit the market, and date girls I have never seen.

    Viven de largo el estupidos!
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mulletsoldier again."

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    ...Obama wont stand up for himself. He can and will be persuaded to do what his invested advisers want him to.
    Back this up or STFD

    Thank you

  16. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Back this up or STFD

    Thank you
    All you've got to do is look at what he promised early in the primaries in regards to campaign finance and then look at what he actually did. This is just one example.

  17. Mulletsoldier, its not like he fell from the sky. We can look at his past record. ....with disdain

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Bush destroyed this country,,,. no matter what Obama does, he's screwed because Bush made the deficit go up and job rates down,... and that's ONLY the tip of the proverbial iceberg!!!
    That will be Obama's excuse when he can't back up campaign promises.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Did I say that anywhere or are you making **** up about me again?
    You think way too much of yourself. I don't remember making up anything about you.

    :bruce3:

  20. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Mulletsoldier, its not like he fell from the sky. We can look at his past record. ....with disdain
    Exactly; you may look at his Presidential record and decide he is a horrible President! Wait, you cannot! This may come as a shock, but his inauguration is still two-and-a-half months away. Shocking, but a true thing. If he is a stalwart President - a lame duck after the hype, so to speak - I will proclaim it with you; however, like a rational being, I decide to reserve that judgment until it occurs.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Exactly; you may look at his Presidential record and decide he is a horrible President! Wait, you cannot! This may come as a shock, but his inauguration is still two-and-a-half months away. Shocking, but a true thing. If he is a stalwart President - a lame duck after the hype, so to speak - I will proclaim it with you; however, like a rational being, I decide to reserve that judgment until it occurs.
    So you're saying past action, record and character evaluation hold no weight when debating prospective performance simply because they've attained a new title? Do you equally disregard past statistics for professional athletes when they become members of a new team or a player in a new league? What about when the athletes switch positions? Do they not retain the same skill sets, habits, strengths and weaknesses?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    So you're saying past action, record and character evaluation hold no weight when debating prospective performance simply because they've attained a new title? Do you equally disregard past statistics for professional athletes when they become members of a new team or a player in a new league? What about when the athletes switch positions? Do they not retain the same skill sets, habits, strengths and weaknesses?
    What Bills has Barack Obama put forward as President? Which Foreign Affairs gaffes are you judging him for, pray tell? I am interested, as your opinion is both very obviously unpartisan, rational, and measured, as to which Presidential-mishaps you feel qualify him as a stalwart President?

    At this point, you simply say: You are correct, while I may make assumptions based off my previous perceptions and events of the subject at hand, I may make no objective qualifications as he has not taken office yet.

    I would then say, "Ah ha! You are acting rationally for a change", and this ridiculous exchange of hypotheticals could cease.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    What Bills has Barack Obama put forward as President? Which Foreign Affairs gaffes are you judging him for, pray tell? I am interested, as your opinion is both very obviously unpartisan, rational, and measured, as to which Presidential-mishaps you feel qualify him as a stalwart President?

    At this point, you simply say: You are correct, while I may make assumptions based off my previous perceptions and events of the subject at hand, I may make no objective qualifications as he has not taken office yet.

    I would then say, "Ah ha! You are acting rationally for a change", and this ridiculous exchange of hypotheticals could cease.
    Where did I say anything about him being qualified as president? The only charge I made in this thread is that he will be swindled just like every other President by his invested handlers and supporters.

  24. he was not even elected 5 days ago. Wow rugger, I thought even you couldnt fall into this type of crap.

    let it go man, the election is over, lets see what he can do. I know you are a true dem and all but I figure you might want to sit and wait it out
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Exactly; you may look at his Presidential record and decide he is a horrible President! Wait, you cannot! This may come as a shock, but his inauguration is still two-and-a-half months away. Shocking, but a true thing. If he is a stalwart President - a lame duck after the hype, so to speak - I will proclaim it with you; however, like a rational being, I decide to reserve that judgment until it occurs.
    no way! i thought he was inaugurated the night of the election

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I agree: Two-and-a-half months prior to his inauguration is the perfect time to put forward objective commentary about his hypothetical actions. I often use this objective method to purchase cars before I test drive them, buy supplements before they hit the market, and date girls I have never seen.

    Viven de largo el estupidos!

    This is what i have been saying!!!!!

    -GJJ

  27. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    no way! i thought he was inaugurated the night of the election
    by your av, we can all tell that you are keeping an open mind
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  28. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    no way! i thought he was inaugurated the night of the election
    I know.
  29. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    "As a candidate, Senator Obama said that he wanted all the Bush executive orders reviewed and decide which ones should be kept and which ones should be repealed and which ones should be amended, and that process is going on. It's been undertaken," Podesta said.

    Podesta said Obama's team will be "looking at -- again, in virtually every agency -- to see where we can move forward, whether that's on energy transformation, on improving health care, on stem cell research."

    Podesta said there is a lot the president can do without waiting for Congress, and voters can expect to see Obama do so to try to restore "a sense that the country is working on behalf of the common good."

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...ion/index.html
    I'm sure that the left has specified in advance of his candidacy and their financial and moral support exactly what changes they want to see.

    While American's will be focusing on GM, Ford, 401k's, housing, mortgages, gas prices - he'll swiftly change the moral fabric of our country right under your noses. He's got debt's to pay...

    "God bless America" - Figure I'd make the statement while I'm still allowed
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  30. Shouldn't we wait until he's president before we throw him under the bus?

    Might as well give him a chance to prove himself

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    by your av, we can all tell that you are keeping an open mind

    I think an open mind is looking objectively at the facts and coming to a realistic conclusion (or opinion, I try not to come to any final conclusions on anything).
    Are there any other criminals you'd like me to keep an "open mind" about? Cheney perhaps?
    He's already shown us what he's about.
    He voted for the patriot act,
    For giving a billion dollars to georgia,
    For the Bailout,
    For funding and continuing our ever expanding rediculous war,
    etc


    I'd love for him to surprise me. But I'd be less surprised if I won the lottery (i've never bought a ticket)
  32. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Shouldn't we wait until he's president before we throw him under the bus?

    Might as well give him a chance to prove himself
    In my view and speaking for myself, I don't see anything I said as "throwing him under the bus". He ran his campaign on these principles and he intends to do what he said he would do. It's not like he needs our approval or a chance.
    Podesta said there is a lot the president can do without waiting for Congress, and voters can expect to see Obama do so...
    When he is commander in chief he can and will do things within his power to...review, repeal, amended, restore...without waiting for Congress.

    I believe what the pessimist (aka: realist) would interpret that to mean is - reverse.

    That will be proving himself. This was part of the package.

    OT: Interesting piece of data - some polls report Obama garnered 95% of the African American vote and 65% of the Hispanic American vote, yet 70% of African Americans and 60% of Hispanic Americans support California's Proposition 8 and Arizona's Proposition 102 - it's on his list!
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    In my view and speaking for myself, I don't see anything I said as "throwing him under the bus". He ran his campaign on these principles and he intends to do what he said he would do. It's not like he needs our approval or a chance.
    True. Not you in particular, just a general statement

  34. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    I'm sure he'll be wonderful.
    He's gonna be grrrrrrrrrreat!

  35. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    He's gonna be grrrrrrrrrreat!
    Lazarus!!!

    Good to see the good doctor back!

  36. Often times, I find myself posing similar questions to the one you posed to yourself before posting the first video: "How can I make my opinions appear more baseless?". Of course, as our questions were analogous, we came to the same conclusion: "Post the semi-incoherent ranting of a disenfranchised, deliberately melancholy and morose University Student, praying that the more intelligent around me do not give cause for me to provide any evidence for my opinions". Obviously, as you do, I take most of my political cues and/or advice from YouTube videos which provide only conjecture. Ah, to be the intellectual elite! C'est la vie!

  37. Politics is all conjecture
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Change this Forum to "COLOGNES" =P
    By FilipeBR in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 10:25 PM
  2. You want FCUKING "Change"?
    By Rugger in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
  3. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
  5. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Log in
Log in