So Where's the "Change"?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree: Two-and-a-half months prior to his inauguration is the perfect time to put forward objective commentary about his hypothetical actions. I often use this objective method to purchase cars before I test drive them, buy supplements before they hit the market, and date girls I have never seen.

Viven de largo el estupidos!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I agree: Two-and-a-half months prior to his inauguration is the perfect time to put forward objective commentary about his hypothetical actions. I often use this objective method to purchase cars before I test drive them, buy supplements before they hit the market, and date girls I have never seen.

When I buy cars I like to look at their service records too. Past consumer reviews etc. It helps a lot!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I buy cars I like to look at their service records too. Past consumer reviews etc. It helps a lot!
Especially cars which have not been produced yet! They have the most reliable service records!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Especially cars which have not been produced yet! They have the most reliable service records!
You can always look at cars built off the same chassis with the same engine and largely the same components. ;)
Or perhaps earlier models that were the same car, but are now being produced under a different model name.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can always look at cars built off the same chassis with the same engine and largely the same components. ;)
Or perhaps earlier models that were the same car, but are now being produced under a different model name.
No, no, I mean the concept cars! You know: Cars that have not made it to production yet, and have never had a single tire on the ground! Those are the best to judge based off reliability records! I mean, their performance records do not exist, so one can make any inferences they wish!!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
lol

The best part is Obama wont stand up for himself. He can and will be persuaded to do what his invested advisers want him to.
That remains to be seen and you think Bush didn't?

:bruce3:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Bush destroyed this country,,,. no matter what Obama does, he's screwed because Bush made the deficit go up and job rates down,... and that's ONLY the tip of the proverbial iceberg!!!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mulletsoldier again."

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Back this up or STFD

Thank you
All you've got to do is look at what he promised early in the primaries in regards to campaign finance and then look at what he actually did. This is just one example.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, its not like he fell from the sky. We can look at his past record. ....with disdain :)

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Bush destroyed this country,,,. no matter what Obama does, he's screwed because Bush made the deficit go up and job rates down,... and that's ONLY the tip of the proverbial iceberg!!!
That will be Obama's excuse when he can't back up campaign promises.:lol:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Did I say that anywhere or are you making **** up about me again?
You think way too much of yourself. I don't remember making up anything about you.

:bruce3:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, its not like he fell from the sky. We can look at his past record. ....with disdain :)
Exactly; you may look at his Presidential record and decide he is a horrible President! Wait, you cannot! This may come as a shock, but his inauguration is still two-and-a-half months away. Shocking, but a true thing. If he is a stalwart President - a lame duck after the hype, so to speak - I will proclaim it with you; however, like a rational being, I decide to reserve that judgment until it occurs.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Exactly; you may look at his Presidential record and decide he is a horrible President! Wait, you cannot! This may come as a shock, but his inauguration is still two-and-a-half months away. Shocking, but a true thing. If he is a stalwart President - a lame duck after the hype, so to speak - I will proclaim it with you; however, like a rational being, I decide to reserve that judgment until it occurs.
So you're saying past action, record and character evaluation hold no weight when debating prospective performance simply because they've attained a new title? Do you equally disregard past statistics for professional athletes when they become members of a new team or a player in a new league? What about when the athletes switch positions? Do they not retain the same skill sets, habits, strengths and weaknesses?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying past action, record and character evaluation hold no weight when debating prospective performance simply because they've attained a new title? Do you equally disregard past statistics for professional athletes when they become members of a new team or a player in a new league? What about when the athletes switch positions? Do they not retain the same skill sets, habits, strengths and weaknesses?
What Bills has Barack Obama put forward as President? Which Foreign Affairs gaffes are you judging him for, pray tell? I am interested, as your opinion is both very obviously unpartisan, rational, and measured, as to which Presidential-mishaps you feel qualify him as a stalwart President?

At this point, you simply say: You are correct, while I may make assumptions based off my previous perceptions and events of the subject at hand, I may make no objective qualifications as he has not taken office yet.

I would then say, "Ah ha! You are acting rationally for a change", and this ridiculous exchange of hypotheticals could cease.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What Bills has Barack Obama put forward as President? Which Foreign Affairs gaffes are you judging him for, pray tell? I am interested, as your opinion is both very obviously unpartisan, rational, and measured, as to which Presidential-mishaps you feel qualify him as a stalwart President?

At this point, you simply say: You are correct, while I may make assumptions based off my previous perceptions and events of the subject at hand, I may make no objective qualifications as he has not taken office yet.

I would then say, "Ah ha! You are acting rationally for a change", and this ridiculous exchange of hypotheticals could cease.
Where did I say anything about him being qualified as president? The only charge I made in this thread is that he will be swindled just like every other President by his invested handlers and supporters.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was not even elected 5 days ago. Wow rugger, I thought even you couldnt fall into this type of crap. :rofl:

let it go man, the election is over, lets see what he can do. I know you are a true dem and all :rolleyes: but I figure you might want to sit and wait it out

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no way! i thought he was inaugurated the night of the election :rolleyes:

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established

This is what i have been saying!!!!!

-GJJ

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"As a candidate, Senator Obama said that he wanted all the Bush executive orders reviewed and decide which ones should be kept and which ones should be repealed and which ones should be amended, and that process is going on. It's been undertaken," Podesta said.

Podesta said Obama's team will be "looking at -- again, in virtually every agency -- to see where we can move forward, whether that's on energy transformation, on improving health care, on stem cell research."

Podesta said there is a lot the president can do without waiting for Congress, and voters can expect to see Obama do so to try to restore "a sense that the country is working on behalf of the common good."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/09/obama.transition/index.html
I'm sure that the left has specified in advance of his candidacy and their financial and moral support exactly what changes they want to see.

While American's will be focusing on GM, Ford, 401k's, housing, mortgages, gas prices - he'll swiftly change the moral fabric of our country right under your noses. He's got debt's to pay...

"God bless America" - Figure I'd make the statement while I'm still allowed :(

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Shouldn't we wait until he's president before we throw him under the bus?

Might as well give him a chance to prove himself

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
by your av, we can all tell that you are keeping an open mind :rolleyes:

I think an open mind is looking objectively at the facts and coming to a realistic conclusion (or opinion, I try not to come to any final conclusions on anything).
Are there any other criminals you'd like me to keep an "open mind" about? Cheney perhaps?
He's already shown us what he's about.
He voted for the patriot act,
For giving a billion dollars to georgia,
For the Bailout,
For funding and continuing our ever expanding rediculous war,
etc

I'd love for him to surprise me. But I'd be less surprised if I won the lottery (i've never bought a ticket)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shouldn't we wait until he's president before we throw him under the bus?

Might as well give him a chance to prove himself
In my view and speaking for myself, I don't see anything I said as "throwing him under the bus". He ran his campaign on these principles and he intends to do what he said he would do. It's not like he needs our approval or a chance.
Podesta said there is a lot the president can do without waiting for Congress, and voters can expect to see Obama do so...
When he is commander in chief he can and will do things within his power to...review, repeal, amended, restore...without waiting for Congress.

I believe what the pessimist (aka: realist) would interpret that to mean is - reverse.

That will be proving himself. This was part of the package.

OT: Interesting piece of data - some polls report Obama garnered 95% of the African American vote and 65% of the Hispanic American vote, yet 70% of African Americans and 60% of Hispanic Americans support California's Proposition 8 and Arizona's Proposition 102 - it's on his list!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
In my view and speaking for myself, I don't see anything I said as "throwing him under the bus". He ran his campaign on these principles and he intends to do what he said he would do. It's not like he needs our approval or a chance.
True. Not you in particular, just a general statement

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Often times, I find myself posing similar questions to the one you posed to yourself before posting the first video: "How can I make my opinions appear more baseless?". Of course, as our questions were analogous, we came to the same conclusion: "Post the semi-incoherent ranting of a disenfranchised, deliberately melancholy and morose University Student, praying that the more intelligent around me do not give cause for me to provide any evidence for my opinions". Obviously, as you do, I take most of my political cues and/or advice from YouTube videos which provide only conjecture. Ah, to be the intellectual elite! C'est la vie!

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, almost nothing is completely unopinionated (math equations would be one). This kid is obviously well informed and knows what he's talking about.
The facts are there, his opinions that come from them are the debatable part.
This is reminding me of "On Bullsh!t" by Frankfurt. (a nice trendy little philosophy book that likely sold way more copies than it would have if it didnt have such a racy title. lol)

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, I'm assuming you're just trying to roughly shake us out of what may be unfounded opinions. If that's true, thank you and keep it up :).
Though I dont think I'm being unreasonable. I would consider my opinions to be pretty well thought out and informed. If I'm wrong on anything (I prob am somewhere) please correct me so I dont repeat incorrect bull and make myself look stupid in the future.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, almost nothing is completely unopinionated (math equations would be one). This kid is obviously well informed and knows what he's talking about.
The facts are there, his opinions that come from them are the debatable part.
This is reminding me of "On Bullsh!t" by Frankfurt. (a nice trendy little philosophy book that likely sold way more copies than it would have if it didnt have such a racy title. lol)
Oh, friend, Math and Logic are opinionated beasts as well: Bring up Polish Notation to an Analytical Logician - for mild-mannered Philosophers, they get quite heated.

At any rate, those are his opinions, which he feels are of epistemological status due to his research. I simply see you posting videos and agreeing with what is said, without proving a word of your position.

:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier, I'm assuming you're just trying to roughly shake us out of what may be unfounded opinions. If that's true, thank you and keep it up :).
Though I dont think I'm being unreasonable. I would consider my opinions to be pretty well thought out and informed. If I'm wrong on anything (I prob am somewhere) please correct me so I dont repeat incorrect bull and make myself look stupid in the future.
Rather this: You show me the objective qualifications for your opinions herein. I cannot invalidate rhetoric (not in the derogatory, but literal meaning of "persuasive language").

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Rather this: You show me the objective qualifications for your opinions herein. I cannot invalidate rhetoric (not in the derogatory, but literal meaning of "persuasive language").
Do you talk like this in real life?

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lolz. fer realz haha. (online stylz talk).

but in all cereal mulletsodier, you're request for me to site the history of what has sculpted my opinions thus far would be quite the time consuming task. (maybe on a boring sunday I'll tackle such a project.)

What are your motives here? Are you an intellectual obama supporter? (if so, you're one of a kind... who has been on a strict diet consisting of only corporate media.)

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
please attempt to do so. I know the standard is "innocent unitl proven guilty," but give me one 'shot to the heart' piece of evidence that obama is not another zionist who will inherit bush's war crimes and run with them.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. Rhetoric literally means justified persuasive speech-making. It was a formal science at one time. Anyway, you seem rather surprised that somebody would speak the same way online as they would in person. I wonder why?

:lol:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
please attempt to do so. I know the standard is "innocent unitl proven guilty," but give me one 'shot to the heart' piece of evidence that obama is not another zionist who will inherit bush's war crimes and run with them.
Why does the burden of proof lie on me? It simply does not. I have asked you to affirm your position, and instead of doing so you have appealed now to my moral sensibilities, and previously to your lack of motivation. I think it is a rather simple order: Show me some qualifications for what you have said!

I have not asked you for an entire chronology of American Corporate-Politics, just a quick explanation with relevant proof on why you feel what you feel. You have lambasted Obama-followers in general (myself not being one of them) for blindly following the God-like portrayal of Obama in the mainstream news-media; as I see it, you are committing the exact same fallacy, but simply painting it in a different position. You dislike Obama because he is a populist candidate, and that is clear. Now would be the time to justify your belief with some proof beyond YouTube videos, friend. If you notice, I have never stated anything positive and/or negative about Obama - merely that you need to provide better proof for your rhetoric.