So Where's the "Change"?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Politics is all conjecture
    Oh? Is that why you were making objective claims earlier in the thread?

  2. Banned
    whiskers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

    Mulletsoldier, almost nothing is completely unopinionated (math equations would be one). This kid is obviously well informed and knows what he's talking about.
    The facts are there, his opinions that come from them are the debatable part.
    This is reminding me of "On Bullsh!t" by Frankfurt. (a nice trendy little philosophy book that likely sold way more copies than it would have if it didnt have such a racy title. lol)
  3. Banned
    whiskers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

    Mulletsoldier, I'm assuming you're just trying to roughly shake us out of what may be unfounded opinions. If that's true, thank you and keep it up .
    Though I dont think I'm being unreasonable. I would consider my opinions to be pretty well thought out and informed. If I'm wrong on anything (I prob am somewhere) please correct me so I dont repeat incorrect bull and make myself look stupid in the future.
    •   
       

  4. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Mulletsoldier, almost nothing is completely unopinionated (math equations would be one). This kid is obviously well informed and knows what he's talking about.
    The facts are there, his opinions that come from them are the debatable part.
    This is reminding me of "On Bullsh!t" by Frankfurt. (a nice trendy little philosophy book that likely sold way more copies than it would have if it didnt have such a racy title. lol)
    Oh, friend, Math and Logic are opinionated beasts as well: Bring up Polish Notation to an Analytical Logician - for mild-mannered Philosophers, they get quite heated.

    At any rate, those are his opinions, which he feels are of epistemological status due to his research. I simply see you posting videos and agreeing with what is said, without proving a word of your position.

  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Mulletsoldier, I'm assuming you're just trying to roughly shake us out of what may be unfounded opinions. If that's true, thank you and keep it up .
    Though I dont think I'm being unreasonable. I would consider my opinions to be pretty well thought out and informed. If I'm wrong on anything (I prob am somewhere) please correct me so I dont repeat incorrect bull and make myself look stupid in the future.
    Rather this: You show me the objective qualifications for your opinions herein. I cannot invalidate rhetoric (not in the derogatory, but literal meaning of "persuasive language").
  6. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Rather this: You show me the objective qualifications for your opinions herein. I cannot invalidate rhetoric (not in the derogatory, but literal meaning of "persuasive language").
    Do you talk like this in real life?
  7. Banned
    whiskers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Do you talk like this in real life?
    lolz. fer realz haha. (online stylz talk).

    but in all cereal mulletsodier, you're request for me to site the history of what has sculpted my opinions thus far would be quite the time consuming task. (maybe on a boring sunday I'll tackle such a project.)

    What are your motives here? Are you an intellectual obama supporter? (if so, you're one of a kind... who has been on a strict diet consisting of only corporate media.)
  8. Banned
    whiskers's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Rather this: You show me the objective qualifications for your opinions herein. I cannot invalidate rhetoric (not in the derogatory, but literal meaning of "persuasive language").
    please attempt to do so. I know the standard is "innocent unitl proven guilty," but give me one 'shot to the heart' piece of evidence that obama is not another zionist who will inherit bush's war crimes and run with them.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Do you talk like this in real life?
    Yes. Rhetoric literally means justified persuasive speech-making. It was a formal science at one time. Anyway, you seem rather surprised that somebody would speak the same way online as they would in person. I wonder why?

  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    please attempt to do so. I know the standard is "innocent unitl proven guilty," but give me one 'shot to the heart' piece of evidence that obama is not another zionist who will inherit bush's war crimes and run with them.
    Why does the burden of proof lie on me? It simply does not. I have asked you to affirm your position, and instead of doing so you have appealed now to my moral sensibilities, and previously to your lack of motivation. I think it is a rather simple order: Show me some qualifications for what you have said!

    I have not asked you for an entire chronology of American Corporate-Politics, just a quick explanation with relevant proof on why you feel what you feel. You have lambasted Obama-followers in general (myself not being one of them) for blindly following the God-like portrayal of Obama in the mainstream news-media; as I see it, you are committing the exact same fallacy, but simply painting it in a different position. You dislike Obama because he is a populist candidate, and that is clear. Now would be the time to justify your belief with some proof beyond YouTube videos, friend. If you notice, I have never stated anything positive and/or negative about Obama - merely that you need to provide better proof for your rhetoric.
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    for blindly following the God-like portrayal of Obama in the biased mainstream news-media;
    Fixed.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    Fixed.
    Well, I assumed mentioning his God-like portrayal was indicative enough in this instance!

  13. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yes. Rhetoric literally means justified persuasive speech-making. It was a formal science at one time. Anyway, you seem rather surprised that somebody would speak the same way online as they would in person. I wonder why?

    Yeah.....I never met someone who talks like you do....strikes me as odd....or Canadian...
  14. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,820
    Rep Power
    1317971

    The Dream Is Over


    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc2qd71quO0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Change this Forum to "COLOGNES" =P
    By FilipeBR in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 11:25 PM
  2. You want FCUKING "Change"?
    By Rugger in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
  3. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM
  5. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in