Poll: What do you think about the 2008 Permanent Assault Weapons ban bill?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Assault Weapons Ban 2008 bill

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by crawlinmatt View Post
    Everyday police were not trained to out gun somebody back then. their training was more to serve and protect. Those police made plenty of mistakes in that shoot out. Once SWAT showed up it was over. I speak out personal experience form having been in more firefights than i care to remember including one over 10 hours and i can tell you they lost their wits because of the noise and the confusion (just listen to the radio traffic) not from the volume of well aimed fire. Who in their right mind hides behind a locksmith keyosk (sp?) with tons of glass windows and plywood walls. By no means am i all for auto weapons or drum magazines but i think if you are a law biding citizen you should get what ever the **** you want and if its stolen and a crime is committed its your ass going to jail. Force the responsibility on the owner not the system. Some items are just not practical such as Armor piercing ammo or anti aircraft cannons but with all the hoops you jump through to get a weapon from a dealer they should be able to hold the original owner responsible and you cant say the serial numbers will be filed off because there is a huge list of ways to tell everything about the weapon like keeping a balistics record for example.
    I agree w/ this. This is why I am for "smart" guns.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    also I am curious, what makes a .223 caliber AR any more dangerous than the .300 Win Mag sitting behind me?
    YOU
  3. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

who needs assault weapons anyway?

they're designed for one thing and one thing only to kill people, you kill someone rightfully or wrongfully and you end up in prison, not a good ending

maybe this outlaw will keep a few people alive and others out of trouble/prison.

my 2cents
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post

they're designed for one thing and one thing only to kill people, you kill someone rightfully or wrongfully and you end up in prison, not a good ending

maybe this outlaw will keep a few people alive and others out of trouble/prison.

my 2cents
    I agree 100%!

I think cars are weapons too and should be banned, I think the government should either ban all cars or control all cars/trucks/ because civilians are retarded!

Look at those numbers! for cars!

45,800 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes in 2005, and 2,400,000 were injured

The monetary result of these fatal and nonfatal unintentional injuries amounted to $625.5 billion in 2005. This is equivalent to about $2,100 per capita, or about $5,500 per household. Every American household pays in one way or another, through higher prices for goods and services, or through higher taxes

Now, look at guns!

52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000.[6] The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[7] with firearms used in 16,907 suicides in the United States during 2004

In 2005, 75% of the 10,100 homicides committed using firearms in the United States were committed using handguns, compared to 4% with rifles, 5% with shotguns, and the rest with a type of firearm not specified.

None of the guns used against me in crimes were legal, not a single one , let alone possession by a person, which tells me one thing, laws do not for criminals, they don't know what the laws are they don't give a f**K.

ON THE OTHER HAND, every car I've been hit by, was LEGAL, 3 times I got hit by people not paying attention and breaking laws, on my motorcycle, 3 times, no charges filed, idiots still free, driving, even though I had broken bones, fractures, pain that still shows out of the blue somedays.....nothing filed against them....

Next time, if someone hits me with their car, I'm going to "accidentally" shoot them with my gun....if no charges were filed for criminal negligence everytime I got hit by the car, none should be filed for me being negligent with the gun, how about some equality mutherf**kers !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_accident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vio..._United_States
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    We've already had a ban on large cap magazines etc etc. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to have a magazine over 10 rounds and can not kill what you're aiming at you need to look around for a few things...
    1. Are you in Africa(the continent) and trying to kill a Bull Elephant with a 40cal pistol?
    2. Did you join a police force and end up on a raid?
    3. Was the draft re-established and make you carry in your own firearm into battle?

Plus you can always option for a second or third magazine if your answer to any of the above, was yes. I also find no reason to have a silencer. I'm not basing my opinion of stats of crime going up or down or having to gun battle criminals who will stock up on assault rifles while you're stuck to owning a stock pile of completely inferior, yet more accurate weaponry. I'm basing it off of the fact that I can't find any reason that anyone would actually want to own these things and actually have a use.

I personally don't care one way or another on this.

Well, every single round you fire, you're accounted for, I'm good with my guns, I don't carry anything I can't fire accurately, once a month atleast I make sure I qualify with what I carry, both hands.

But, I do carry 1 15 rouns magazine and 2 20 rnd magazines, why? why not? more rounds=more killing points if I have to, I'd rather carry my 55 rounds in mags and 100rnds (loose) with me everyday and NEVER use them, then carry a 10 round mag+1 in the chamber and happen to need 12 or more.

The odds of having a big fire in your house are low, but do you keep a car extinguisher or the biggest one you can afford/carry around reasonably? I go for the latter.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.59%

Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    This only affects citizens that respect the law. Criminals will still have weapons, because they're criminals. This is as stupid and anti-intellectual as the war on drugs.
    Agree.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

Quote Originally Posted by luke1984 View Post
    This only affects citizens that respect the law. Criminals will still have weapons, because they're criminals. This is as stupid and anti-intellectual as the war on drugs.

And gun free zones? Seriously?
    Last time I checked someone planning on carrying out a school shooting doesnt give a sh!t about the law.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

the problem with that sentiment is (as my pictures earlier illustrate) that an "assault weapon" is defined by how a gun looks, not by how it functions. No different than making it illegal for anything but commercial vehicles to have over 150hp or 150ft/lb of torque because no one other than commercial vehicles needs more than that
  9. dpfisher

You might want to check into what an assault weapon is. Nearly any gun can be an "assault weapon" simply by adding parts that make it no more deadly than it already was. I've gone through about 2000 rounds of "assault weapon" ammunition this year and not killed anybody!

I voted against the ban because if we stop importing 7.62 caliber guns the ammo will become less common and more expensive. It's already gone up a lot since last time I bought.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.59%

i just got home with my new DPMS AP4!!!
  11. MTNMEDIC

I very opposed ! so every honest citizen in the United States is going to be disarmed ? who's brilliant idea was that ? I remember back sometime when Hillary Clinton was doing this "Mothers Against Guns" march,..quess whos surrounded by Secret Servicemen,..? maby they where only armed with pepper spray,.? ....sorry but im not giving up mine.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i just got home with my new DPMS AP4!!!
    Time for some burp firing!
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MTNMEDIC View Post
    I very opposed ! so every honest citizen in the United States is going to be disarmed ? who's brilliant idea was that ? I remember back sometime when Hillary Clinton was doing this "Mothers Against Guns" march,..quess whos surrounded by Secret Servicemen,..? maby they where only armed with pepper spray,.? ....sorry but im not giving up mine.
    You remind of a local magazine we have, Rods & Guns, they said the same thing, "Your tax money at work to ensure the personal safety of your senator....while the senators works to deny you the ability to protect yourself"

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Time for some burp firing!
    Ha, time to sell of a bunch of other sh!t I dont need so I can buy another one in .308!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.14%

I am torn on the subject. Although I think assault weapons are fun to shoot, I just don't trust most people with them. Even cops sometimes. But that applies to all guns. I don't have a problem with restrictions on such weapons, if it wasn't for the fact that it might lead to banning all of them.

And just look what is happening in Mexico. I am pretty sure that guns are illegal to possess there, but if you have been watching the news lately, Mexican drug cartels are STOCKED with assault weapons (.50 caliber rifles and even grenades). And they have been using them, killing all kinds of people including rival cartel members, cops, politicians, and anyone else in between. They have been finding mutilated and decapitated bodies in Juarez and Tijuana. Scary, scary stuff is happening along our borders.

This violence has spread into Arizona, California, and Texas in the form of home invasions. It's a scary combination - Drugs and Guns. It seems that they have been pushing drugs through the border heavily, as the airway and waterway security was beefed up after 9/11. Now more than ever, border states are major hubs for drug trafficking.

Given that, I am thankful for the 2nd amendment in our country, especially considering the fact that our government has done very little in regards to our borders. If they are unwilling or unable to protect us, then at least give the people the right to protect themselves.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    I am torn on the subject. Although I think assault weapons are fun to shoot, I just don't trust most people with them. Even cops sometimes. But that applies to all guns. I don't have a problem with restrictions on such weapons, if it wasn't for the fact that it might lead to banning all of them.

And just look what is happening in Mexico. I am pretty sure that guns are illegal to possess there, but if you have been watching the news lately, Mexican drug cartels are STOCKED with assault weapons (.50 caliber rifles and even grenades). And they have been using them, killing all kinds of people including rival cartel members, cops, politicians, and anyone else in between. They have been finding mutilated and decapitated bodies in Juarez and Tijuana. Scary, scary stuff is happening along our borders.

This violence has spread into Arizona, California, and Texas in the form of home invasions. It's a scary combination - Drugs and Guns. It seems that they have been pushing drugs through the border heavily, as the airway and waterway security was beefed up after 9/11. Now more than ever, border states are major hubs for drug trafficking.

Given that, I am thankful for the 2nd amendment in our country, especially considering the fact that our government has done very little in regards to our borders. If they are unwilling or unable to protect us, then at least give the people the right to protect themselves.
    Cops are never able to really protect people.

Though no fault of their own, the average police time in my state/area was 7 minutes and in some areas in America, it can take on average up to 2 hours! I did a report on this in a HomeLand Security course in college.

When seconds count, Police are there in minutes, guns protect people, cops interrogate, maintain presence, apprehend and handle high risk situations(sustained bank robberies, bomb threats, etc....) and other things...

But for self defense, nothing beats a well trained mind armed with a .45 ACP 230grain Federal Hydrashock JHP loaded Handgun.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.14%

Cops are never able to really protect people.

Though no fault of their own, the average police time in my state/area was 7 minutes and in some areas in America, it can take on average up to 2 hours! I did a report on this in a HomeLand Security course in college.

When seconds count, Police are there in minutes, guns protect people, cops interrogate, maintain presence, apprehend and handle high risk situations(sustained bank robberies, bomb threats, etc....) and other things...

But for self defense, nothing beats a well trained mind armed with a .45 ACP 230grain Federal Hydrashock JHP loaded Handgun.
    As a matter of fact, I have a .45 w/ 2 magazines of that ammo mentioned. I just need to get the well trained mind part down.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As a matter of fact, I have a .45 w/ 2 magazines of that ammo mentioned. I just need to get the well trained mind part down.
    Oregon Firearms Academy LLC - Courses

I have an academy here(FL) that provides courses to private citizens and to restricted government agencies, Armed security, D/G Armed security guard license, patrol techniques, etc....

Fun, worth the money and you meet like minded people, good place to get your CCW/CWP permit course if you haven't already.
  19. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I beg to differ, a 357 magnum revolver with Glaser Safety Slugs is a better choice
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I beg to differ, a 357 magnum revolver with Glaser Safety Slugs is a better choice
    I don't trust them, never seen them proven, like the magsafe...

These days I'm carrying a .357 magnum and 2 speed loaders, I load em up with Federal Hydrashok 158grain.

If you like revolvers, you should look in to the Taurus Judge, fires a .45LC and a .410 shotshell ....load em up with slugs, not bird/buck shot

21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i agree with this bill passing. here's the problem as i see it :

there's so many of these already floating around, and tons of people will just buy it before the ban, which renders this bill useless.

having a pre-existing amount floating around doesn't do anything to prevent these from being used in a crime, or them ending up in the hands of criminals. especially when half the guns used in crimes are exported back to us from mexico.

basically, unless you revamp border security, and do a house by house confiscation of these weapons, we're not in a safer position, nor will we ever be.

does anyone remember the guns for shoes exchange in florida 1-2 years back? a construction worker was asked to demolish a shed, and he wisely checked it out first. let's just say he got a pair of reeboks for his kid for the rocket launcher he turned in.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...ged_for_shoes_

omen, i've been shot, i have been stabbed. i have shot and killed. there's still no reason i need an AR. the above article kind of gives me the impression that we have a very high preexisting amount of weapons in this country that we should try addressing first however.
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

I don't trust them, never seen them proven, like the magsafe...

These days I'm carrying a .357 magnum and 2 speed loaders, I load em up with Federal Hydrashok 158grain.

If you like revolvers, you should look in to the Taurus Judge, fires a .45LC and a .410 shotshell ....load em up with slugs, not bird/buck shot

there was another pistol like that a while back I almost bought. The Thunder Five

I'm not really so much a revolver fan in general tho as just for the emergency gun. requires no cocking, if a single shell misfires just pull the trigger again.
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    omen, i've been shot, i have been stabbed. i have shot and killed. there's still no reason i need an AR.
    You also don't need a gym, more than the USRDA of protein or calories, a car with more than 60hp, etc.

Need doesn't define our rights.

Nobody needs alchohol or tobacco, and both kill more than assault weapons do each year.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%

i've been shot, i have been stabbed. i have shot and killed. there's still no reason i need an AR.
    This bill goes way beyond ARs. Every handgun that holds more than 10 bullets is included.
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    This bill goes way beyond ARs. Every handgun that holds more than 10 bullets is included.
    a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

`(iii) a bayonet mount;

`(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

`(v) a grenade launcher;

`(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

`(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

`(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

`(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

`(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

`(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

`(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

`(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

`(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.
    a folding or telescoping stock makes a guin more dangerous? a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon?

Its about what looks evil, its not a functional spec
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.14%

You also don't need a gym, more than the USRDA of protein or calories, a car with more than 60hp, etc.

Need doesn't define our rights.

Nobody needs alchohol or tobacco, and both kill more than assault weapons do each year.
    The only disagreement I have with this comparison is that it does not put anyone in any greater danger if someone chooses to consume more than the USRDA of protein or if they choose to smoke. But some thug with access to assault weapons is more dangerous than one without.

The real problem is that the unintended consequence of an assault weapons ban is only going to keep these weapons out of the hands of everyone except said thugs.
  27. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

a folding or telescoping stock makes a guin more dangerous? a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon?

Its about what looks evil, its not a functional spec
    My god, a bayonet lug? Why, a madman with a bayonet could kill ONES of people.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  28. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

The only disagreement I have with this comparison is that it does not put anyone in any greater danger if someone chooses to consume more than the USRDA of protein or if they choose to smoke. But some thug with access to assault weapons is more dangerous than one without.

The real problem is that the unintended consequence of an assault weapons ban is only going to keep these weapons out of the hands of everyone except said thugs.
    a handle that protrudes below the action of a rifle doesn't make it any more dangerous. If you want to ban the guns that are used in most crimes thats fine, but you'll find that its 38 special revolvers, and its hard to get people as excited about banning those as something that looks evil

back to my earlier post, functionally these are identical

the only difference is the top one had the wooden stocks removed and replaced with plastic ones that sit differently. and it would be banned
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.14%

I see your point Easy - I guess they just want to focus on the "scary" looking stuff.

Either way, I have always wanted a Dragunov rifle. I guess I should get one while I still can.
  30. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i agree with this bill passing. here's the problem as i see it :

there's so many of these already floating around, and tons of people will just buy it before the ban, which renders this bill useless.

having a pre-existing amount floating around doesn't do anything to prevent these from being used in a crime, or them ending up in the hands of criminals. especially when half the guns used in crimes are exported back to us from mexico.

basically, unless you revamp border security, and do a house by house confiscation of these weapons, we're not in a safer position, nor will we ever be.

does anyone remember the guns for shoes exchange in florida 1-2 years back? a construction worker was asked to demolish a shed, and he wisely checked it out first. let's just say he got a pair of reeboks for his kid for the rocket launcher he turned in.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...ged_for_shoes_

omen, i've been shot, i have been stabbed. i have shot and killed. there's still no reason i need an AR. the above article kind of gives me the impression that we have a very high preexisting amount of weapons in this country that we should try addressing first however.
    Send a robber to break in my house and take my guns and I'll murder h/her......a robber is a robber is a robber, no matter what you dress him in or what you call him and the only way I know how to deal with them, is to kill them.

Forget about border security, the same government wants cheap labor, drugs, illegal guns, etc.......the government would lose a lot of money and jobs if they did one helluva job of securing the border.

Hell it's an AWESOME terrorist haven! go to south America, pass the border and blow up more Americans! YAY!!!

Yeah, f**k the government, they wanna fix a problem, fix the f**king border and then worry about disarming us and stopping us from defending ourselves, next thing you know it'll be illegal, all you can do is go in a b*tch room (panic/safe room) and be a good b*tch......F**K that......

Einstein, there are laws against owning rocket launchers, what makes you think if you have more laws against guns it's gonna work? only those willing to break the law will do it........yet when they prey on people who are disarmed because of the "Law" (see how stupid that sH*t is?) they're treating them like they did nothing wrong, like they passed a note to someone in class.....

You've been shot, stabbed and killed people....you think you're the only one? I'd be impressed if I lived all my life in mid-America...but that's far from the truth.

I want an AR, I want an AK, I wan an HK 43, a Sig .556 Pistol too, I have my handguns, shotguns and all that......what if someone else has one? they got one up on me....and we all know the cops only come to take pictures of your dead body and throw you away.........since they can't do their jobs and take guns from criminals, why should I be disarmed because they can't fix their problem to begin with?

F**K em, I'm keeping my sh*t.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.59%

I see your point Easy - I guess they just want to focus on the "scary" looking stuff.

Either way, I have always wanted a Dragunov rifle. I guess I should get one while I still can.
    Haha, Jims Pawn and gun in Raleigh NC has one sitting on their wall. I almost took it home along with my AR on Friday!
  32. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

i kinda wanted a dragunov too, but only if I get it with the original scope. and not one of the doofy dragunov carbines, but a full size one.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.59%

I'm hoping to pull enough cash together for DPMS LR308 before the ban hits.

I dunno why but the idea of a semi-auto rifle that can shoot under a .5 MOA, and knock a target only a few inches big at 800yds is SWEET! And I love the look of the AR!

What I don't understand (other than the ban period) why if anything they don't just make these a class 3 weapon? I mean even after the ban, for a $200 class 3 fee, and the cost of it, I could throw a silencer on the end of my AR, but not buy a stock one?

I would much rather a criminal have 10 stock AR's as compared to a single silenced one!
  34. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm hoping to pull enough cash together for DPMS LR308 before the ban hits.

I dunno why but the idea of a semi-auto rifle that can shoot under a .5 MOA, and knock a target only a few inches big at 800yds is SWEET! And I love the look of the AR!

What I don't understand (other than the ban period) why if anything they don't just make these a class 3 weapon? I mean even after the ban, for a $200 class 3 fee, and the cost of it, I could throw a silencer on the end of my AR, but not buy a stock one?

I would much rather a criminal have 10 stock AR's as compared to a single silenced one!
    Hey where did you get your evil rifle from? I'm looking for a Bushmaster Carbon 15 97S "PISTOL" does your FFL have them?
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.59%

Hey where did you get your evil rifle from? I'm looking for a Bushmaster Carbon 15 97S "PISTOL" does your FFL have them?
    I bought mine on thanksgiving vacation 7+ hours from where I live. The one store I went to there, Jims Pawn and Gun, is supposed to be the biggest retailer in NC, if you search them in Wilmington, NC they may have or be able to find one for you.

Otherwise I would goto the bushy website and start calling all the retailers on the list.

I was hoping to find a DPMS LR-308 for a decent price but i looks like they're already upwards of 2K, so I dunno about that. Does anyone hav eany info on the ban? It seems all the info on it is very hidden (no **** the government hidding somthing from us, whats new?) I mean what are the odds of it actually happening?
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.92%

Yeah, **** the government. I'm the only person who gets to decide if my life and the life of the people around me are worth protecting. Not the governemt! What the **** are the police going to do if I'm trouble. Like Omen said, the police are the ones who work after a crime is committed. When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
  37. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

not worried. It'll be the same as the last AWB. Might see some good out of it for me in terms of making money, like i did when i sold a couple pre ban colt ar's during the ban for 2-3x the amount they originally were, if i need some money for some reason. Then again 4 yrs from now or whenever the ban needs to be voted on and reinstated, it'll prolly sunset again for some reason or another and we will be back in the same spot all over again. I already have enough weapons and ammo to supply the whole Nigerian army lol, so once again, ... I ain't worried.
  38. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    not worried. It'll be the same as the last AWB. Might see some good out of it for me in terms of making money, like i did when i sold a couple pre ban colt ar's during the ban for 2-3x the amount they originally were, if i need some money for some reason. Then again 4 yrs from now or whenever the ban needs to be voted on and reinstated, it'll prolly sunset again for some reason or another and we will be back in the same spot all over again. I already have enough weapons and ammo to supply the whole Nigerian army lol, so once again, ... I ain't worried.
    This ban will be amended to be permanent, no 10 years expiration like the last one, but for good.
  39. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This ban will be amended to be permanent, no 10 years expiration like the last one, but for good.
    ahh musta missed that part. Been very busy lately and havent been able to read up on the ban itself. If thats the case,then that would suck,.... but if it happens, it happens.

As I said Ive got all I need now for like 5 lifetimes,... and the ban will only affect future weapon from then on, all while there is already an abundance of rifles and other assault weapons on the market already. They can't take away what you already have, and if they tried, they would have a fight on their hands, all over the nation. so once again, i aint worried,...
  40. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    ahh musta missed that part. Been very busy lately and havent been able to read up on the ban itself. If thats the case,then that would suck,.... but if it happens, it happens.

As I said Ive got all I need now for like 5 lifetimes,... and the ban will only affect future weapon from then on, all while there is already an abundance of rifles and other assault weapons on the market already. They can't take away what you already have, and if they tried, they would have a fight on their hands, all over the nation. so once again, i aint worried,...
    It's people with this attitude that lets a bill pass and hurts it for everyone else that don't have what you have. And if you think a total ban won't lead to a try at confiscation, you are sadly wrong. The anti guners won't stop until they have everything. They are already talking a ammunition ban in one big city in NC. What good are guns if you can't get ammo? Don't let them pass a first bill and you will never have to worry about it. Stand up for your rights!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Weapons Of Mass Construction
    By oush in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 06:45 AM
  2. Top Ten Best Video Game - Weapons !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
  3. Prosthetic weapons!!!
    By gixxman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1