Poll: What do you think about the 2008 Permanent Assault Weapons ban bill?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Assault Weapons Ban 2008 bill

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. So is this bill still in the House?


  2. It looks like it actually would expire 10 years from the day they pass it.
    •   
       


  3. No collection is nice, but the ban of sale still makes me sick.


    They will never stop inching this sh!t on us. If they took our guns in one sweep we'd flip out, so they do it in increments.

    I voted "oppose."

    A well armed populous is the best defense against tyranny.


    Thomas Jefferson: "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."
    It is tyranny to ban the sale of any weapons, tase proof fabric and body armor, to the public when law enforcement uses them.




    I am also extremely opposed to "Gun Free Zones." What [email protected] came up with that idea? The lack of logic there is astounding.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Nobody goes squirrel hunting with an Ar-15, or an ak-47. You dont need them. There is no infringement on your 2nd amendment rights because the 2nd amendment refers to a well regulated Militia. There is no precedence for those out there who imagine defending their home with an assault weapon rambo style, its just not reality.
    The whole point of the second amendment is so you can protect yourself if the government gets out of line.
    For that reason, it is unjustifiable to allow the state to posses superior weapons.

    I plan to have an AR15 by the end of the week

  5. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Not aimed at you, but just commenting on the magazine limitations: WTF? So reloading is somehow some magic panacea that will give me pause to see the error of my ways, or something? I can rip off a magazine change in under a second. Yeah, I'm pretty well trained by professionals on handguns. If I want to do damage, ten round mags won't be what stops me.
    No I understand exactly what you are saying. What I was saying is that based on that fact that 10 bullets in a handgun is the cutoff is that bill, so that is the criteria they're going on.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Do you live in a really good neighborhood?

    2 houses I lived in have been burglarized when I was not there(this includes the one I live in now) 2 attempted robberies that I stopped on myself, 1 I stopped for someone who knew someone was coming after them and I stayed with them for 3 days and DID stop them from attacking them, while the cops did NOTHING to protect this person "we can't do anything, till something happens..." how comforting

    "Studies indicate that firearms are used over 2 million times a year for personal protection, and that the presence of a firearm, without a shot being fired, prevents crime in many instances. Shooting usually can be justified only where crime constitutes an immediate, imminent threat to life, limb, or, in some cases, property. Anyone is free to quote or reproduce these accounts." Armed Citizen


    Have you ever been shot? shot at? I have, luckily, the only injury I had was from a hollow point of a 9mm fragment that grazed me, you know how dead I would've been without my gun?

    Ever been stabbed? bad f**king feeling, I defended myself just with my knife, you know if the guy had a gun and I didn't or 1 or 2 more guys had a knife how dead I would've been?

    I hate people who say retarded sh*t like that, I always hope people like you and your families get raped and robbed then you can consider firearm laws because honestly, people's opinion's on gun laws do change after that.

    If something I'm doing now, perfectly legal(carrying my sidearm which has 15 rounds) suddenly becomes illegal, I'm still gonna carry it, I'm not a criminal, but this f**king country wants me to be one, I'll be one.

    Omen, Dude Your a ****ing wild man.... mad props.....are you prior service? If even 15% of americans took self defense seriously i truely believe violent crimes would decline. You are not only defending yourself but others around you. You dont even have to physically act in a situation, by keeping your cool and understanding the situation you can help the police or who ever more so than a histerical ass clown.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by crawlinmatt View Post
    Omen, Dude Your a ****ing wild man.... mad props.....are you prior service? If even 15% of americans took self defense seriously i truely believe violent crimes would decline. You are not only defending yourself but others around you. You dont even have to physically act in a situation, by keeping your cool and understanding the situation you can help the police or who ever more so than a histerical ass clown.
    Haha thanks!

    No, I tried to get in the Military, not gonna work for now(security clearance issues), considering the Police academy.

    I'm 21, so maybe after a few years, I'll try again.

    I agree with the above too, most people freak out like a f**king chimpanzee on crack..... when I call 911, more than once they thought I was kidding because I'm calm and just give facts instead of OMG every 2 seconds.

  8. Completely against it. I got robbed by ****ing gang bangers (bloods). Took one down and started pounding after that the other three jumped me. Most people who would vote for it live sheltered lives. Oh yeah the only one they caught was the driver and he might get off. When I went to the police station to identify him they didn't do a fuc*ing line up. So I am supposed to trust pigs with my life. Fu*k that. The only reason I didn't bust those fu*ks was certain things are "unlicensed"

  9. Would the d0uche bags that voted "support" like to explain themselves???

    SomeWhatGifted, I'm VERY disappointed in you

  10. I'm down for biometrically labeled guns.

    Guns that can only be operated by their legal owners/purchasers.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    I'm down for biometrically labeled guns.

    Guns that can only be operated by their legal owners/purchasers.
    Wouldnt that raise the cost BIGTIME making them unaffordable for many people?
    (I dont know, I'm just guessing)

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    I'm down for biometrically labeled guns.

    Guns that can only be operated by their legal owners/purchasers.
    What if you're wearing gloves?

    What if it's your wife's gun and your wife just got shot in the head?

    What if your hands are dirty(oil, food, etc...) and you need to use the gun but it can't identify you?

    What if you can take a gun from one attacker, thinking you can defend yourself against the others, but nothing happens? And this is not unlikely to happen, within arms reach, I can disarm anyone of their firearm and place two rounds in them with their own firearm in less than 2 seconds.

    Stupid idea.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Wouldnt that raise the cost BIGTIME making them unaffordable for many people?
    (I dont know, I'm just guessing)
    I'm pretty sure guns with biometric safeties don't exist yet.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Wouldnt that raise the cost BIGTIME making them unaffordable for many people?
    (I dont know, I'm just guessing)
    That's what the people who are too scared, too irresponsible, too cowardly to own/carry/use one, they think just because they can't then, everyone else can't either....

  15. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I'm pretty sure guns with biometric safeties don't exist yet.
    oh haha. whoops

  16. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Would the d0uche bags that voted "support" like to explain themselves???

    SomeWhatGifted, I'm VERY disappointed in you
    Im not american and guns are already illegal here (except hunting) doesnt seem that bad to me. After votingin the poll im thinkin i may have to pick up a gun in case my tin foil hat doesnt work and i need to shoot infedels, lol. But seriously it would be nice to have a gun "if needed" hope i never need one. If anything i try to advocate for rights and not taking them, so my bad.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    I'm down for biometrically labeled guns.

    Guns that can only be operated by their legal owners/purchasers.
    It would raise the cost greatly, but if they did do it the gun should only take bullets that can be traced back to the biometrically labeled gun. But I'm sure people would figure out ways around this. Sick ways you know?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    What if you're wearing gloves?

    What if it's your wife's gun and your wife just got shot in the head?

    What if your hands are dirty(oil, food, etc...) and you need to use the gun but it can't identify you?

    What if you can take a gun from one attacker, thinking you can defend yourself against the others, but nothing happens? And this is not unlikely to happen, within arms reach, I can disarm anyone of their firearm and place two rounds in them with their own firearm in less than 2 seconds.

    Stupid idea.
    Also could you imagine being framed?

    I could picture someone in jail for life, because someone framed them

    using their cum rag or some sh*t.

  19. Yeah, if I want to use your gun and you got a biometric ID system, after I knock you down and stab your eyes or slit your throat with my knife, I'm cutting your finger off, slicing a thick piece of skin and taping it to the ID part and use YOUR gun, to commit more crimes.

    Nice idea though.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by jon671 View Post
    Also could you imagine being framed?

    I could picture someone in jail for life, because someone framed them

    using their cum rag or some sh*t.
    Yeah no ****, after I use your gun to commit a crime, wipe my prints off, smear your prints on, get away and get rid of your body.

    You're the prime suspect and assumed a fugitive because you can't be found.......great idea though.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    What if you're wearing gloves?

    What if it's your wife's gun and your wife just got shot in the head?

    What if your hands are dirty(oil, food, etc...) and you need to use the gun but it can't identify you?

    What if you can take a gun from one attacker, thinking you can defend yourself against the others, but nothing happens? And this is not unlikely to happen, within arms reach, I can disarm anyone of their firearm and place two rounds in them with their own firearm in less than 2 seconds.

    Stupid idea.
    If they are wearing gloves, the gun won't work.

    If your wife got shot, boo hoo? Should've bought your own.

    I guess pick up better hygiene habits?

    The gun used by the attacker will be tracked down to its owner, and justice will be wrought.

    Good idea.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    If they are wearing gloves, the gun won't work.

    If your wife got shot, boo hoo? Should've bought your own.

    I guess pick up better hygiene habits?

    The gun used by the attacker will be tracked down to its owner, and justice will be wrought.

    Good idea.
    Is this technology even available?

  23. From a press release in 2004:

    Smith & Wesson has announced their partnership with American Security Co. to add safes and biometric guns to their product line.



  24. OhGizmo! Archive A Biometric Smart Gun

    Looks pretty cool. One thing about this biometric gun, is that its your grip that determines whether it fires. Not sure how useful it will be to law enforcement for tracking down people, as there is no grip database out there. It would be good for verifying you have the right guy tho.

  25. I've seen some other implementations too. One where the user wears a magnetic ring, which is tied to a magnetic responder in the gun itself. Only the person w/ the ring could fire the gun. Not a perfect solution, but a step forwards.

    This would also ensure gun reliability. NJIT has a program dedicated to "smart" guns, which work off dna, grip, and numerous other factors that help to authorize a user.

  26. I'm a firearms instructor(getting that out of the way before my next statement)

    I find no reason what-so-ever to own fully automatic weapons. Outside of being a collector but I really don't care if you're a collector. There are plenty of people out there that would love to collect things but can't because they're illegal. I find no modern day reasons to have fully auto weapons other than the argument of 'i want my guns'. While I don't find it a good argument I accept the fact that people feel strongly about it.

    You're not stopping thieves/rapists/burglers any better with an ak47 than you can with any other semi-auto weapon that wouldn't be banned. The argument of protecting yourself from your government is bull****. There's not a militia alive in the US today that can stand up to the military of their state/country. In the days it was written it made sense but today it doesn't.

    I also believe that banning fully auto weapons isn't going to lead to some kind of reduction in crime either.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I find no reason what-so-ever to own fully automatic weapons.

    You're not stopping thieves/rapists/burglers any better with an ak47 than you can with any other semi-auto weapon that wouldn't be banned.

    The argument of protecting yourself from your government is bull****.

  28. I find most cops are opposed to fully automatics.

    Understandably so...most would be overpowered.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'm a firearms instructor(getting that out of the way before my next statement)

    I find no reason what-so-ever to own fully automatic weapons. Outside of being a collector but I really don't care if you're a collector. There are plenty of people out there that would love to collect things but can't because they're illegal. I find no modern day reasons to have fully auto weapons other than the argument of 'i want my guns'. While I don't find it a good argument I accept the fact that people feel strongly about it.

    You're not stopping thieves/rapists/burglers any better with an ak47 than you can with any other semi-auto weapon that wouldn't be banned. The argument of protecting yourself from your government is bull****. There's not a militia alive in the US today that can stand up to the military of their state/country. In the days it was written it made sense but today it doesn't.

    I also believe that banning fully auto weapons isn't going to lead to some kind of reduction in crime either.
    I was under the impression that semi-auto assault weapons would be banned too. Maybe I am wrong. I am a firm believer of being over prepared rather than under prepared. Fully auto is illegal, but you can buy a conversion kit you just cannot install it. Good to have though.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post

    You're not stopping thieves/rapists/burglers any better with an ak47 than you can with any other semi-auto weapon that wouldn't be banned. The argument of protecting yourself from your government is bull****. There's not a militia alive in the US today that can stand up to the military of their state/country. In the days it was written it made sense but today it doesn't.

    I also believe that banning fully auto weapons isn't going to lead to some kind of reduction in crime either.
    This would include all civilian purchasing of ANY assault weapons, semi-auto AND full auto AND handguns with magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, extend below the grip or have threaded barrels!

    So if you want 12-15 round mags for your .45, Forget it! even active LE and Military cannot purchase them personally! only through the agency IF they authorize it and/or deem it necessary for work!

    To purchase a full auto assault weapon, you need a $200 tax stamp, background check(3 months wait), tons of paper work, same thing for a silencer.....too much work and money for me, not to mention the actual weapon itself is $5000 Minimum.

    What boggles me is that this is to be enforced and reduce crime......yet, last time I checked, criminals never cared about any law, let alone an assault weapon ban, a lot of people I know in the hood and around my neighborhood have guns, most of them illegal and carry without a permit(illegal here, only legal in Alaska) some of the guns have 15-20 round mags, I doubt they even know that there's an assault weapon ban bill going on, the people it's intended for don't give a rats ass.

    The only people that suffer from gun control are law abiding citizens, well because they abide by the law, criminals don't.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Weapons Of Mass Construction
    By oush in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 05:45 AM
  2. Top Ten Best Video Game - Weapons !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
  3. Prosthetic weapons!!!
    By gixxman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
  4. Sadam's Powerful Chemical Weapons
    By Sheesh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 03:42 AM
  5. Chemical Weapons Factory FOUND!!
    By dez/null in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Log in
Log in