President Obama

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    I highly doubt all you republicans whining about increased taxes are making the amount of money where you would get increased taxes. Are you all really making like over 150K?? cause if you are quit your whining. You really dont have much to worry about. You think its fair for you to be making that much when there are people who have lost their homes and are living in tents and on the street? oh and you may say

"well I worked hard for what I have so **** everyone else"

But Im sure you've all had a help up along the way. Whether it was growing up in a family that was financially comfortable, got scholarships, got hooked up with a job by somebody you knew or whatever. We dont all start out at the same level on the same playing field. Where you end usually depends a lot on where you start. I just don't think that If I am fortunate and benefitted because of what family I was born into or how much money my parents had or who I knew that I have any more right to live in a house than any other person. You all piss me off.
    not only do i agree with your statement, you have probably the best avatar on this entire board.

2. Quote Originally Posted by v4nce View Post
    ud think americans would be smarter.........
    obama-osama, A muslim for U.S. pres., and Hussein is his middle name

and thats our president
    Talk about contradiction. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your post...

Okay, I'm going to laugh.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    I highly doubt all you republicans whining about increased taxes are making the amount of money where you would get increased taxes. Are you all really making like over 150K?? cause if you are quit your whining. You really dont have much to worry about. You think its fair for you to be making that much when there are people who have lost their homes and are living in tents and on the street? oh and you may say

But Im sure you've all had a help up along the way. Whether it was growing up in a family that was financially comfortable, got scholarships, got hooked up with a job by somebody you knew or whatever. We dont all start out at the same level on the same playing field. Where you end usually depends a lot on where you start. I just don't think that If I am fortunate and benefitted because of what family I was born into or how much money my parents had or who I knew that I have any more right to live in a house than any other person. You all piss me off.
    Wait... what's this? Someone making perfect sense... in this thread?

Repped.

4. Its cause I havent been here in a while haha I moved to that other board last december... but I figure I might as well come back once in a while now that "the other board" is well established.

5. And thanks for the warm welcome back.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by C-19 View Post
    Best case scenario--Obama won't do anything out of fear of being "unpopular". He will be exposed for what he really is--a fraud.

Worst case scenario--He will mess up this country with his radical ideas and will leave the U.S in ruins.

It's that simple.
    Becuase the Republican running the counrty for the past 8 years hasn't already done that?

7. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    This was close. Granted, not too close, but calling this a landslide is a stretch. I don't think even the New York Times would call this a landslide.
    Well, the Associated Press did.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/...ection_rdp_143

8. Well it was a mandate, with (depending on estimates) 364 electoral votes, this was truly a statement. I hope that Obama is as diplomatic as I think he is, and I hope he is what he says he is.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post

you just killed the republicans in this thread...props

btw its party time here in aus, hopefully obama can change the world too

10. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyEhsani View Post

Either that or they went to sleep...

11. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    338 to 156 in the electoral college and it's not over yet, even your boys on Fox are calling it a mandate. Death by a thousand cuts is just as convincing as a sword thrust.

:bruce3:
    They were the first to call Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida.

12. Quote Originally Posted by BoyFromAus View Post
    But to all of you who're talking about him raising taxes?Isn't he giving a tax cut for couples who're earning less than 250k? from what I understood, his tax plans are more focused on higher taxes for the large corporations.
    Its a myth that he's giving people "tax cuts". Giving people a 3% tax cut, while letting a 10% tax cut expire does not equate to tax cut in my book. If you make over 50k, you will pay significantly more taxes.

It equates to over $3500 more a year for me, and we only bring in a little over 100k in a 4 person household in the DC area. That's not exactly rich and we'll be paying taxes that basically amounts to an extra mortgage payment every year.

American Thinker: Senator Obama's Four Tax Increases for People Earning Under $250k

13. Objectively claiming what a President-Elect will or will not do, several hours into his burgeoning presidency, is plain silly. How does that adage play out, "The best laid plans of mice and men"? The Democrats did not get 60 seats needed to break a filibuster, and Obama will need bi-partisan support to mend deep wounds created by bully-tactic foreign policy; he will need tact, class, and timing derived from both sides of the aisle to navigate an economic market which frightens those wearing both red and blue and; he will need to carry a soft and thoughtful touch when dealing with a collective American psyche which is bruised and battered as of now. If he is as intelligent and controlled as he labors every moment to appear, he will not undertake such uni-lateral, such close-minded, and such unrepresentative positions and tactics as occurred in these last eight years. To state unequivocally what actions will be carried out in the coming months and years is shamefully short-sighted, and in this early stage overwhelmed by personal biases - on both sides of the fence. Time, and not us amateur political pundits, will determine the consequences of this election.

14. Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    And don't give me that "when you get some money you'll become a republican" Bull$h!t either. My grandparents were multi millionaires and were some of the biggest democrats Ive ever known. They gave away a **** ton of money to those less fortunate than them so that argument is a fallacy.
    And that's grand. But they chose to donate money to those less fortunate and are better people because of that. They weren't mandated (i.e. forced for those that are slow) to do so. I don't know about you, but the more money I make the more willing I am to donate to charities to help others. But when times get tough, and I have to scrimp and save that's the last thing on my mind.

I'm reserving my judgement of our new president. I admit, I voted against him. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over the next year and see what he pushes, policy wise. In fact, I wish him the best of luck because I hope he can turn around the economy and become a great president. I really honestly hope the best for him, because if he turns out to be a wonderful president, my lot in life improves. Selfish, but honest.

But if he tells me that it's my patriotic duty to help those less fortunate and takes more of my money, I'll be pissed. Because I've seen where that money goes. Macon, GA has one of the largest areas of government subsidized housing in the United States. Guess what I saw. Escalade's with 22 inch rims sitting in the driveway of a house that the government is paying for. Four to five gentlemen sitting on the front stoop wearing nice new basketball jersey's and gold chains. And women in the welfare line with three children by three different men, but she doesn't care because each kid she pops out means a bigger welfare check. I've watched that same woman then take her welfare check to the counter, cash it and use half of it on lottery tickets and booze with her three kids running around like future convicts beating each other up.

Now I understand that it's a cultural thing and I have nothing against it what-so-ever. But my tax dollars are being spent so they can afford housing. Yet somehow, they are able to afford all those things? I went to college, got a degree in chemical engineering, and I make more money than the majority of American's at the ripe old age of 24. I can't afford an Escalade, or gold jewelry, or a bunch of throw-back jersey's without having nothing left. Yet that is where my tax money is going.

Don't get me wrong, there are people being helped by government money (my tax money) that deserve it. But do you really honestly believe, the government is the be all end all? Don't you think you'd rather portion out your money to charities of your choice, that you trust? Because I can't study welfare and decide whom my tax money goes to...but I can study Non-profit organizations that will use my money to better people's lives who ACTUALLY need it.

People are by nature selfish. If I make a bunch of money, it is not my responsibility to give that money to other people who need it. It is my right to decide what I do with my money. If I choose to be Ghandi and give it all away, so be it. But why is it my responsibility to take care of someone who decided to not finish high school, let alone college and lives on welfare? I didn't cause them to be in there current situation. I owe them nothing. Was I fortunate enough to have parents who were financially sound? Yes. My father is excellent with money and has sacrificed a lot to move up to where he makes plenty of money. It is his goal to leave his children and grandchildren better off than he was. Because believe it or not he came from a family just getting by in a rural town in northwestern PA. So he worked his ass off. Now tell me why it is his responsibility to not only guarantee his children's future, but also pay a high percentage of his income as taxes so that those "less fortunate" can have more. You can't, because it's not his responsibility.

The majority of those on welfare aren't there because circumstances kept them down. It's because they don't want to put in the effort. Because you'll find the majority of people do just enough to get by. And a small minority go above and beyond because they are driven and motivated. Yet when the reach the height of their success, and achieve the fruits of their labor. Someone in government tells them that "Sure, it's great that you've started a new business and employed dozens of other citizens. But...well since you've become successful we need to take more of your money so that we can give it to a bunch of lazy sons of *****es because "circumstances" have placed them in a place of poverty. In fact we're sure it was "circumstances" and not a lack of drive to better themselves or their families".

**** that. That's the bull**** our government spews to the masses. I hope against all reason that Obama decides to play the middle ground and doesn't increase welfare and/or taxes. Because putting more money in a broken system doesn't solve anything.

/rant

15. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyEhsani View Post

He had no effect on the republican's in this thread. His comments are grossly misinformed. When the Bush tax cuts expire, which Obama has said he will let happen in 2010, then people making over $50,000/yr will see increased taxes.

However, that is down the road. I'm hopeful that Obama will see advantages to maintaining tax cuts for the lower and middle classes. Although his increase in Capital gains taxes are going to hurt the middle class more than those making over $250k because the rich will move their investments off shore thereby protecting their money. The rest of us don't have that option, so now I'll pay more taxes for spending time studying the market, making good decisions, and making money off my hard work.

Like I've said in previous posts this morning. I wish the best to Mr. Obama, our President-elect because I honestly hope he proves me wrong.

16. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    They are misinterpreting the results. By popular vote, the election was actually pretty close. Obama was able to secure the swing states, which gave him a large lead in electoral votes. So by electoral votes he secured a commanding victory, but by popular vote it was much closer than the electoral votes show.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Who won?

I'm not sure what your point is other than gloating. Obama won because he produced a much better campaign and was able to energize a large portion of the American public. No one is denying that.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is other than gloating. Obama won because he produced a much better campaign and was able to energize a large portion of the American public. No one is denying that.

Oh yeah. Im gloating and rubbing it in.............

Obama/Biden is/was the better ticket. End of story.

The American people spoke.

Landslide baby.

lol

Oh yeah, the Dems have the house and senate too........................lol

19. From an outsider's perspective, it is disappointing to see the amount of cynicism, and skepticism, and and doubt on one hand; and the amount of revelry, and gloating, and arrogance on the other. In this, an historic moment, I find it disconcerting that at a time in your country's history where unity and tact is a necessity, you all choose to squabble and bicker yet again. Republicans need to push their cynicism and doubt aside for a moment and embrace the reaching power of the desire and capacity for change - both politically and culturally and; the Democrats need to step forward with cautious humility and an ability to cast aside the resentment of the past eight years. If this new government decides to conduct itself along the same lines of this thread, we are all fucked; Americans and others alike.

20. You are correct mullet.

What's new.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Oh yeah. Im gloating and rubbing it in.............

Obama/Biden is/was the better ticket. End of story.

The American people spoke.

Landslide baby.

lol

Oh yeah, the Dems have the house and senate too........................lol
    Everyone keeps saying landslide. It wasn't a landslide by popular vote. It just looks that way due to the electoral votes. Roughly 59 million votes to Obama, and 55 million to McCain. How is that a landslide?

I'm not denying that the American people spoke. They chose Obama. I'm hopeful that he is able to unify the country and point us in the right direction. It's a historic moment for many reasons. The least of which is that America, in one day, has become the gleaming bastion of hope, change, and dreams to the rest of the world again. We've tossed aside the barriers of faith, creed, and color and elected the first African-American president.

Kristofer68SS, you're posts sound immature. It comes across that like you are gloating whether you are attempting to or not. It's really not a big surprise to anyone that the Obama won, that the Democrats gained a few more seats in the House and Senate. It was expected. They still don't have the number's they need to filibuster the Senate, so they will still need bipartisan support. The republican's screwed up over the past 8 years, so it is only logical that the American public would replace them with the only other choice...the Democrats. So I say again, what is the point of your posts?

Mullet. I'd take a step back and give it some time. This is no different than two rival football teams. There is going to be disappointment and bitterness from the losing "team" and douchebags who choose to gloat from the winning "team". It makes them feel better about their insubstantial existence. I believe that a few weeks down the road you will see this subside and a more united America will arise in the beginning of 2009.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    Everyone keeps saying landslide. It wasn't a landslide by popular vote. It just looks that way due to the electoral votes. Roughly 59 million votes to Obama, and 55 million to McCain. How is that a landslide?

I'm not denying that the American people spoke. They chose Obama. I'm hopeful that he is able to unify the country and point us in the right direction. It's a historic moment for many reasons. The least of which is that America, in one day, has become the gleaming bastion of hope, change, and dreams to the rest of the world again. We've tossed aside the barriers of faith, creed, and color and elected the first African-American president.

Kristofer68SS, you're posts sound immature. It comes across that like you are gloating whether you are attempting to or not. It's really not a big surprise to anyone that the Obama won, that the Democrats gained a few more seats in the House and Senate. It was expected. They still don't have the number's they need to filibuster the Senate, so they will still need bipartisan support. The republican's screwed up over the past 8 years, so it is only logical that the American public would replace them with the only other choice...the Democrats. So I say again, what is the point of your posts?

Mullet. I'd take a step back and give it some time. This is no different than two rival football teams. There is going to be disappointment and bitterness from the losing "team" and douchebags who choose to gloat from the winning "team". It makes them feel better about their insubstantial existence. I believe that a few weeks down the road you will see this subside and a more united America will arise in the beginning of 2009.

im a simple man. I dont need all the fancy words or long paragraphs. However i will get my point across.

Popular vote doesnt mean squat. Ask 2000 Gore. He won it.

Electorally, McCain got hit handed to him.

349 to 173 are the latest numbers i have.

Yeah, thats close.

NOT.

im out.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Objectively claiming what a President-Elect will or will not do, several hours into his burgeoning presidency, is plain silly. How does that adage play out, "The best laid plans of mice and men"? The Democrats did not get 60 seats needed to break a filibuster, and Obama will need bi-partisan support to mend deep wounds created by bully-tactic foreign policy; he will need tact, class, and timing derived from both sides of the aisle to navigate an economic market which frightens those wearing both red and blue and; he will need to carry a soft and thoughtful touch when dealing with a collective American psyche which is bruised and battered as of now. If he is as intelligent and controlled as he labors every moment to appear, he will not undertake such uni-lateral, such close-minded, and such unrepresentative positions and tactics as occurred in these last eight years. To state unequivocally what actions will be carried out in the coming months and years is shamefully short-sighted, and in this early stage overwhelmed by personal biases - on both sides of the fence. Time, and not us amateur political pundits, will determine the consequences of this election.
    I was correcting a common misconception about Obama's platform. Its a shame that McCain did not bring up the real facts about the "Obama tax cuts" at the debates.

I'm all for Obama leading us to a new age of peace, happiness and economic prosperity. Hell, its not like I have a choice anymore

24. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    im a simple man. I dont need all the fancy words or long paragraphs. However i will get my point across.

Popular vote doesnt mean squat. Ask 2000 Gore. He won it.

Electorally, McCain got hit handed to him.

349 to 173 are the latest numbers i have.

Yeah, thats close.

NOT.

im out.
    You're missing the point. You can't just look at electoral votes and declare a landslide. The majority of the swing states were close. So if Obama win's a state by 10 votes, he still gets all the electoral votes. But would you call a 10 vote win a landslide? No.

It doesn't matter. Obama won, end of story. I'm just tired of everyone saying McCain wasn't even close. It was closer than most expected.

25. Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    I'm not a republican, but I believe in minimal taxes. Will Obamas tax plan raise my taxes? Not until 2010. But it's about much, much more than me. What most democrats don't realize is that the wealthy run the country, and FOR A GOOD REASON! The wealthy have everything invested in this country, the middle class has nothing. Who cares most about the performance of the economy? The wealthy. Who has the most to lose if the economy doesn't performe? The wealthy. Who is responsible for all economic growth, increased job opportunities and increases in GDP? The wealthy. The middle class do NOTHING but consume and go to work. A centralized power of wealth is not only a good thing but necessary for our brand of capitalism to survive. What do you think would happen if the middle class held a majority of the wealth and there fore made all major economic and investment decisions? That's right, everything would go to ****. The people with the most to lose are always the best for the job.

Besides, if you knew ANYTHING about ANYTHING you would realize that those making under 50k in 2010 will be paying 1500 more in taxes and those making over 50k will pay 3500 more. No new taxes, huh? Let's not forget that Obama will also decrease the child credit to under 500 dollars.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post

It doesn't matter. Obama won, end of story. I'm just tired of everyone saying McCain wasn't even close. It was closer than most expected.
    I think it was, in fact, wider than most expected!
    Electoral votes: Obama 338 vs McCain 163.
    Popular vote: Obama 62.9 million vs McCain 55.8 million.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    From an outsider's perspective, it is disappointing to see the amount of cynicism, and skepticism, and and doubt on one hand; and the amount of revelry, and gloating, and arrogance on the other. In this, an historic moment, I find it disconcerting that at a time in your country's history where unity and tact is a necessity, you all choose to squabble and bicker yet again. Republicans need to push their cynicism and doubt aside for a moment and embrace the reaching power of the desire and capacity for change - both politically and culturally and; the Democrats need to step forward with cautious humility and an ability to cast aside the resentment of the past eight years. If this new government decides to conduct itself along the same lines of this thread, we are all fucked; Americans and others alike.
    Its not anything like cynicism and doubt.

We Republicans are just Obama Non-Responders.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post

Oh, okay, I think I grasped what you did here! See, you took your completely unrelated opinion on USP Labs, and then made a comical reference to my comments! Great, great joke. And, the funniest part about the joke is that I say that all the time! Fantastic!

29. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post

ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. President Obama's in Arizona
    By David Dunn in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
  2. President Barak Obama
    By manny1010 in forum Politics
    Replies: 62