President Obama

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I'm not sure how to react at this point. Whether or not the Fairness Doctrine gets passed will tell me a lot. However, they may not be able to get it through without the 60 senate seats. If it passes, I know I have an us vs them situation and I will never back him. If it doesn't passed, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Rob, the fact of the matter is as president Obama will be a aquired taste for some folks. Some may never like or trust him but as we all know that comes with the job. For me this was a historic day, one that I never envisioned happening in my lifetime, one that my cousins who witnessed my uncle being shot to death just because of the color of his skin are in shock over.
    That being said, my support of Obama is rooted much deeper than a shared skin color, I did and do truly believe in what he is attempting to achieve. That he will now have the opportunity, is no longer in doubt.

:bruce3:

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Rob, the fact of the matter is as president Obama will be a aquired taste for some folks. Some may never like or trust him but as we all know that comes with the job. For me this was a historic day, one that I never envisioned happening in my lifetime, one that my cousins who witnessed my uncle being shot to death just because of the color of his skin are in shock over.
    That being said, my support of Obama is rooted much deeper than a shared skin color, I did and do truly believe in what he is attempting to achieve. That he will now have the opportunity, is no longer in doubt.

What will he attempt to achieve beyond this 'change', besides more government?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post

One thing I will say is that I'm happy so many other people are happy with this. He has most definitely brought disenfranchised groups into politics.

The other positive is that my National Guard unit won't have to mobilize to deal with the riots that would have happened if McCain won.

4. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    The American people have spoken. The verdict is as dramatic and broad as it is overwhelming. A major landslide. The support for his position and ideas could not be more eloquent!
    I wouldn't call a 2% win in most battleground states a landslide. Clinton vs Dole, Bush vs Dukakis, and Mondale vs Reagon were landslides. This was close. Granted, not too close, but calling this a landslide is a stretch. I don't think even the New York Times would call this a landslide.

5. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    This is surreal....

Any predictions for the next 2-4 years?
    I predict a major military campaign somewhat along the lines of ww3.

Awww **** it.....locked cocked and ready to rock.....................i always wanted a mustard stain for my jump wings.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait;
    I wouldn't call a 2% win in most battleground states a landslide. Clinton vs Dole, Bush vs Dukakis, and Mondale vs Reagon were landslides. This was close. Granted, not too close, but calling this a landslide is a stretch. I don't think even the New York Times would call this a landslide.
    Spin it the way you like! Those millions of Americans cannot be wrong! Close or not, New York Times or not, America's political map was dramatically redrawn in a way that was not obvious before Americans spoke!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

7. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Spin it the way you like! Those millions of Americans cannot be wrong! Close or not, New York Times or not, America's political map was dramatically redrawn in a way that was not obvious before Americans spoke!
    A election won by the media is not one about the issues.

I really do hope for the best, and wish him well. But I do fear him as well. With a new mortgage, a new baby on the way, a new family, and soon to be increasing taxes, I am afraid.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

8. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    He definitely had good timing.

9. That speech sucked. I was expecting much more.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    That speech sucked. I was expecting much more.

Oh, I'm so sure you were expecting much more. Weren't you the one trying to tell me he's a horrific public speaker?

11. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post

Oh, I'm so sure you were expecting much more. Weren't you the one trying to tell me he's a horrific public speaker?
    Are you seriously that retarded? I'm tired of regurgitating what I've already said and what you yourself have already said. Do you own leg work.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Are you seriously that retarded? I'm tired of regurgitating what I've already said and what you yourself have already said. Do you own leg work.
    Dude... it was in jest. Settle down. President Obama is going to work hard to earn your support.

Yeah... I'M the retard.

Go celebrate change, friend.

13. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Go celebrate change, friend.
    Celebrate having change, until you have to use it to pay for all the new taxes

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I asked you if you had seen a speech of his without a teleprompter because then you would realize that most of the time he can't even put a simple sentence together without muttering and stumbling his way through it...
    There... I did my own leg work.

15. Finally.

16. rubberrings sucks mice cocks!

The best thing about this, is that I'm on his ignore list

Back on topic:

Most Americans wanted Obama in. America is a "majoritism" not a democracy, whatever the majority wants, the majority gets.

I think this will, at least for now, calm things down a bit, give people a "break" make em think the economy is gonna get better, etc...etc.... but in reality, things are gonna be the same for the most part....except the assault weapon ban....I'm going to check the side folding all black AK 2morrow with 150 round drums

17. Forgive this kids fashion sense, or lack of, this vid is AWESOME

Obama McSame has won. And you've lost. Again.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0D-WLu8Ws4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

18. I swear...did everyone on this thread go to Richard University?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    I swear...did everyone on this thread go to Richard University?
    I don't have a TV in my house, elaborate!

20. Richard University: Home of the Fighting Roosters.
    Also known as.....D!ck U!!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    Forgive this kids fashion sense, or lack of, this vid is AWESOME

Obama McSame has won. And you've lost. Again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0D-WLu8Ws4
    Thanks for the video, pretty kool!

I totally agree about Ron Paul, after that debate with all the other nominee's, I knew people would interpert it wrong because of their ignorance, Mcbama......so true!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Richard University: Home of the Fighting Roosters.

Faber is fighting tomorrow.....!

23. Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Basically, when a guy is being a jerk, tool, or whatever you call it, you accuse him of going to Richard University.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Richard University: Home of the Fighting Roosters.
    Rugger and omen (aka Roscoe and Enos) both tried to get in... but there was something about SAT prerequisites.

25. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post

338 to 156 in the electoral college and it's not over yet, even your boys on Fox are calling it a mandate. Death by a thousand cuts is just as convincing as a sword thrust.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. President Obama's in Arizona
    By David Dunn in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 12:44 PM
  2. President Barak Obama
    By manny1010 in forum Politics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
  3. Replies: 0