Obama flicks off Clinton and McCain

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Obama flicks off Clinton and McCain


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhkq11UExcw"]YouTube - Obama Flips off Hillary[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnEhmbKazdw"]YouTube - Obama Gives McCain The Finger[/ame]


  2. come on rob, you can do a lot better than this
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    come on rob, you can do a lot better than this
    Did you watch them?
    •   
       


  4. i guess you can call that just plane politics

  5. with a middle finger of course

  6. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Did you watch them?
    yes I did, and it is so silly
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  7. Lol this is garbage. I hate Obama and this is garbage.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Lol this is garbage. I hate Obama and this is garbage.
    You serious? Both times he was congratulating his opponents and he 'just happened' to use his middle finger to scratch his face?

    It could be a coincidence, or he could be saying

  9. He's so obvious too, he knows everyone knows that's what he was doing.
    Ya, lets go vote for a guy that has that little self-control, lol.

  10. wow, are we really going to stretch this far?
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    wow, are we really going to stretch this far?
    It all depends how you interpret the movement. Obviously, if you see it as scratching his face, its nothing.

    If you see him as flicking off his opponents, what does that say about him? Its certainly not classy or presidential.

    In the first video, it sounds like the crowd is reacting to the gesture....

  12. I agree w/ Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    He's so obvious too, he knows everyone knows that's what he was doing.
    Ya, lets go vote for a guy that has that little self-control, lol.

  13. I honestly don't really care about it, it just doesn't seem very professional to me :/
    It's just one of those WTF random moments, lol.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    It all depends how you interpret the movement. Obviously, if you see it as scratching his face, its nothing.

    If you see him as flicking off his opponents, what does that say about him? Its certainly not classy or presidential.

    In the first video, it sounds like the crowd is reacting to the gesture....
    This is so juvenile. I saw it in the misc. section of that other forum... and that's exactly where it belongs.

    Did you watch the debates? Obama was the picture of class and professionalism. It was McCain who seemed flustered and irritated. You can attack Obama on many things... but keeping his cool and acting presidential isn't one of them. Jesus...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    This is so juvenile. I saw it in the misc. section of that other forum... and that's exactly where it belongs.

    Did you watch the debates? Obama was the picture of class and professionalism. It was McCain who seemed flustered and irritated. You can attack Obama on many things... but keeping his cool and acting presidential isn't one of them. Jesus...
    Did you watch the videos?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Did you watch the videos?
    Sadly enough... I did. C'mon, man... Really???

  17. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    This is so juvenile. I saw it in the misc. section of that other forum... and that's exactly where it belongs.

    Did you watch the debates? Obama was the picture of class and professionalism. It was McCain who seemed flustered and irritated. You can attack Obama on many things... but keeping his cool and acting presidential isn't one of them. Jesus...
    You ever seen Obama give a speech without a teleprompter?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    You ever seen Obama give a speech without a teleprompter?
    I watched McCain try to do it on Meet the Press... and when he forget his beloved Joe the Plumber wasn't at his rally!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I watched McCain try to do it on Meet the Press... and when he forget his beloved Joe the Plumber wasn't at his rally!
    Are you going to answer the question?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Sadly enough... I did. C'mon, man... Really???
    I don't know. I've watched it 5 or 6 times and the movement looks completely unnatural and planned. I've messed around and done the same thing to people before.

    I'm not 100% that he did it intentionally or not, but as of right now I'm 75-25 intentional.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Are you going to answer the question?
    Seriously? Okay... to be honest, I couldn't care less about a politician using a teleprompter.

    What exactly is your issue with it?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I don't know. I've watched it 5 or 6 times and the movement looks completely unnatural and planned. I've messed around and done the same thing to people before.

    I'm not 100% that he did it intentionally or not, but as of right now I'm 75-25 intentional.
    Reminds me of the X-Files:

    "I want to believe."

  23. You made a comment about Obama being the image of class and professionalism. I asked you if you had seen a speech of his without a teleprompter because then you would realize that most of the time he can't even put a simple sentence together without muttering and stumbling his way through it, which, by your definition and reference to McCain, would be the opposite of class and professionalism

  24. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Reminds me of the X-Files:

    "I want to believe."
    So do you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    You made a comment about Obama being the image of class and professionalism. I asked you if you had seen a speech of his without a teleprompter because then you would realize that most of the time he can't even put a simple sentence together without muttering and stumbling his way through it, which, by your definition and reference to McCain, would be the opposite of class and professionalism
    You've got to be kidding me! For God's sake, it's one of his universally accepted strong points. Even Fox News has expounded on the fact that he is an excellent public speaker. Rugger, you can't be this transparent. I mean... really?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    You've got to be kidding me! For God's sake, it's one of his universally accepted strong points. Even Fox News has expounded on the fact that he is an excellent public speaker. Rugger, you can't be this transparent. I mean... really?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc"]YouTube - Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out[/ame]

  27. Guys, I can understand your disappointment in having to accept that a person you despise is about to become President. Believe me, I've felt the same way the last two elections. But look at this thread! C'mon now!

  28. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU&feature=re lated"]YouTube - Obama lost without a teleprompter[/ame]

    How eloquent!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    If a football team plays 1000 games in 1000 days, and they finish with a record of 990-10... would you say they're horrible? Dude, everyone has a bad moment in a speech. His overall body of work is impressive. Could you speak in public as effectively as he does (teleprompter or not)? I couldn't! Look, I teach 5th graders. Sometimes, in the middle of a lesson that I wholeheartedly believe in, I lose my train of thought. It happens. It's funny as hell when it does... but it happens. Doesn't mean I'm a bad teacher.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    If a football team plays 1000 games in 1000 days, and they finish with a record of 990-10... would you say they're horrible? Dude, everyone has a bad moment in a speech. His overall body of work is impressive. Could you speak in public as effectively as he does (teleprompter or not)? I couldn't! Look, I teach 5th graders. Sometimes, in the middle of a lesson that I wholeheartedly believe in, I lose my train of thought. It happens. It's funny as hell when it does... but it happens. Doesn't mean I'm a bad teacher.
    Can you tell me what Obama believes in and what he hopes to specifically accomplish, and how, if or when he is President? I'm too lazy to look on his page.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Can you tell me what Obama believes in and what he hopes to specifically accomplish, and how, if or when he is President? I'm too lazy to look on his page.
    Encourage Diversity in Media Ownership: Barack Obama believes that the nationís rules ensuring diversity of media ownership are critical to the public interest. Unfortunately, over the past several years, the Federal Communications Commission has promoted the concept of consolidation over diversity. As president, Obama will encourage diversity in the ownership of broadcast media, promote the development of new media outlets for expression of diverse viewpoints, and clarify the public interest obligations of broadcasters who occupy the nationís spectrum.
    Censor people who disagree with him!

  32. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Censor people who disagree with him!
    Don't forget amending the constitution to force the courts to appropriate reparations from tax money!

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Can you tell me what Obama believes in and what he hopes to specifically accomplish, and how, if or when he is President? I'm too lazy to look on his page.
    Like the rest of you, I put a lot of weight into issues that are important to me on a personal level. Education is the most crucial issue in my opinion... both short and long term. High-stakes standardized tests and a severe lack of funding is not going to be covered up with McCain's band-aid of "choice", especially if he only slightly modifies the joke that is No Child Left Behind.

    I could go on... but I'm as likely to convert you to Islam as I am to convince you Obama is a good choice.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Like the rest of you, I put a lot of weight into issues that are important to me on a personal level. Education is the most crucial issue in my opinion... both short and long term. High-stakes standardized tests and a severe lack of funding is not going to be covered up with McCain's band-aid of "choice", especially if he only slightly modifies the joke that is No Child Left Behind.

    I could go on... but I'm as likely to convert you to Islam as I am to convince you Obama is a good choice.
    My Mother is a Muslim
    McCain supports voucher system, which is all I really care about as far as education goes.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    My Mother is a Muslim
    McCain supports voucher system, which is all I really care about as far as education goes.
    Vouchers... that's A LOT more complex than it seems. Obama isn't exactly anti-voucher, by the way. Anyway, let's not even go there.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Vouchers... that's A LOT more complex than it seems. Obama isn't exactly anti-voucher, by the way. Anyway, let's not even go there.
    Please enlighten me. A link would suffice.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Vouchers... that's A LOT more complex than it seems. Obama isn't exactly anti-voucher, by the way. Anyway, let's not even go there.
    He is anti-voucher unless he lied in the debates. He said he was pro-charter school and anti-voucher.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    He is anti-voucher unless he lied in the debates. He said he was pro-charter school and anti-voucher.
    He is not anti-voucher. He is very skeptical of it (as am I, as a teacher), and he sees the need for an overhaul of the public education system (as do I). That's what he said, Rob.

    "He said he was astonished to learn that a voucher program in Milwaukee had never been tested in a longitudinal study to find out whether it had helped children or not. "If there was any argument for vouchers it was, all right, let's see if this experiment works, and then if it does, whatever my preconceptions, my attitude is you do what works for the kids," Mr. Obama said."

  39. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    He is not anti-voucher. He is very skeptical of it (as am I, as a teacher), and he sees the need for an overhaul of the public education system (as do I). That's what he said, Rob.

    "He said he was astonished to learn that a voucher program in Milwaukee had never been tested in a longitudinal study to find out whether it had helped children or not. "If there was any argument for vouchers it was, all right, let's see if this experiment works, and then if it does, whatever my preconceptions, my attitude is you do what works for the kids," Mr. Obama said."
    "Senator Obama has always been a critic of vouchers," and Mr. Obama echoed that sentiment yesterday, saying that while he supports charter schools, he opposes private school vouchers.
    http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obama-...ouchers/81801/

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    "Senator Obama has always been a critic of vouchers," and Mr. Obama echoed that sentiment yesterday, saying that while he supports charter schools, he opposes private school vouchers.
    http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obama-...ouchers/81801/
    Rugger... are you drunk? I just said that. He opposes them... and when a longitudinal study gives them merit... he will look at it with an open mind.

    Christ man, was it the "open mind" part that threw you?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mccain vs. Obama - Lets see it.
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 07:14 PM
  2. McCain, Obama, and 'the Change We Need'
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
  3. Top Clinton Fundraiser Backs McCain
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 04:22 AM
  4. Obama vs. McCain - A Clear Choice
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
  5. Obama and McCain
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Log in
Log in