Unbelievable

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So sure McCain says not to count him out yet, and that his polling model shows him closer than what is flying around out there but

Pew Research: Obama +6
Posted by Tom Bevan
Pew Research is out with its final pre-election poll. After allocating undecideds nearly evenly between the two candidates, Pew is projecting Obama will finish with 52% of the vote on Tuesday to 46% for John McCain.

Prior to allocating undecideds, Pew reported its final survey results as follows:

Barack Obama holds a significant lead over John McCain in the final days of Campaign 2008. The Pew Research Center's final pre-election poll of 2,587 likely voters, conducted Oct. 29-Nov. 1, finds 49% supporting or leaning to Obama, compared with 42% for McCain; minor party candidates draw 2%, and 7% are undecided.

This represents an 8-point move towards McCain from Pew's survey released five days ago showing Obama with a 15-point lead over McCain among likely voters, 53 to 38, as compared to today's 7-point margin, 49 to 42.
Pew had them at an Obama lead of 14% just 5 days ago... so an 8 point gain in 5 days.... 3 days left. And if as McCain believes that their polling breakdown isn't correct for true turnout i'm starting to feel a lot more confident about a McCain presidency. Whew.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So sure McCain says not to count him out yet, and that his polling model shows him closer than what is flying around out there but

Pew had them at an Obama lead of 14% just 5 days ago... so an 8 point gain in 5 days.... 3 days left. And if as McCain believes that their polling breakdown isn't correct for true turnout i'm starting to feel a lot more confident about a McCain presidency. Whew.
Seriously... you are delusional. I look forward to your Wednesday posts. :toofunny:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Seriously... you are delusional. I look forward to your Wednesday posts. :toofunny:
Delusional? You do realize that Kerry was ahead in every major poll leading up to the 2004 election, right? And that he was even leading in the polls ON election day?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Delusional? You do realize that Kerry was ahead in every major poll leading up to the 2004 election, right? And that he was even leading in the polls ON election day?
I'll trust Intrade on this one. But hey, let's meet back in this thread on Wednesday then, okay? :yawn:

Oh, and part of my reasoning for using the word delusional pertains to the fact that the OP is campaigning hard by starting countless anti-Obama threads... on a bodybuilding forum. :think:

Some people on this board have a perception of the world that leaves me aghast.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'll trust Intrade on this one. But hey, let's meet back in this thread on Wednesday then, okay? :yawn:

Oh, and part of my reasoning for using the word delusional pertains to the fact that the OP is campaigning hard by starting countless anti-Obama threads... on a bodybuilding forum. :think:

Some people on this board have a perception of the world that leaves me aghast.
And what is your perception of the world? Please enlighten us.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm not campaigning at all, just sharing articles that I found interesting to read. Take a look as well at the polls on this bodybuilding forum, they lean as strongly for mccain as the national polls do for obama, so its relevant

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
The bookies have Obama at almost evens to win it and mccain a blow out 8-1........but its a lot closer then that though isn't it? How can the media be so sure the Obama has this won when the numbers show that isn't really the case at all?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...How can the media be so sure the Obama has this won when the numbers show that isn't really the case at all?
No one can be sure in advance who will win. The voters will decide tomorrow.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
^^^ exactly but the news make it sound like mccain doesnt have a chance.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh rugger was that when you were a dem? or is it that you just like to play devils advocate?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think this is a landslide in the least, infact I wouldnt be surprised if we have no clue about the winner on Wednesday. However, I believe it was Time magazine who claimed McCain now has no chance, and also the Economist who just endorsed Obama. Kinda interesting

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
The BBC NEWS is reporting that Obama has a clear lead in the polls and a high turnout is expected-probably the highest ever in a Presidential election .However despite all the campagning there are two things which neither party has any control over -laziness ( carnt be bothered to vote) and the queues will be so long that voters will get tired of waiting or see the queue and go home. I guess it depends how passionate you are about keeping the same party or wanting a complete change.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
LOL... i hope McCain campaign staff and poll observers frequent our board... McCain is on a roll in these 2 polls (you cant discount that ;) )
But this board doesnt represent all of America

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're telling me who I affiliate myself with? LOL classic
come now rugger, lets at least be honest. no one here can take you seriously with the

"I am a dem, let me tell you why to vote for mccain" nonsense

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
No one can be sure in advance who will win. The voters will decide tomorrow.

Sound words. Reps.

Lets just get it over with.

Its been beaten to death guys.....

Let the voters decide tomorrow.

I have one more night of millions of dollars being thrown away, then i get my TV back.

At this point I dont care who wins, my stomach is sick for the money spent on it. SAD.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Obama overpolled by as much as 7 points in some primary states. If this holds true tomorrow he could be in trouble.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obama overpolled by as much as 7 points in some primary states. If this holds true tomorrow he could be in trouble.
just curious where you heard that?
I have heard something similar about NC, and Indiana but that wouldnt be enough

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
close enough... and that includes you... how many other polls did you vote in?
I am British -despite what your govt may think and may i say some of its citizens- the world is not America and America is not the world

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hollywood is behind Obama and the likes of Oprah Winfrey , George Clooney have helluva lot of fans who worship the ground they stand on -superficial i know- but when you have a lot of A list stars supporting a particular candidate , it can carry a lot of clout

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Hollywood is behind Obama and the likes of Oprah Winfrey , George Clooney have helluva lot of fans who worship the ground they stand on -superficial i know- but when you have a lot of A list stars supporting a particular candidate , it can carry a lot of clout
It was the same four years ago when John Kerry ran against Bush. He was endorsed by all the major celebrities and was ahead in the polls even on election day.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
It was the same four years ago when John Kerry ran against Bush. He was endorsed by all the major celebrities and was ahead in the polls even on election day.
This year is more like 40 years ago, when Nixon ran against Humphrey - I'm sure you remember.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
correct me if im wrong but wasnt there a recount in one of the states -Florida?- and didnt Bush cancel it?
Can someone supply the backgound to this?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Actually if you look back, George Bush was ahead by 1 point on election day.

:bruce3:

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
just curious where you heard that?
I have heard something similar about NC, and Indiana but that wouldnt be enough

Frank Luntz, one of the more reliable pollsters, was talking about Obama's overpolling in the primaries for some time now. There is actually a name for it, when a person says they are going to vote for one candidate and vote for another once behind closed door, but I cannot recall at the moment.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Frank Luntz, one of the more reliable pollsters, was talking about Obama's overpolling in the primaries for some time now. There is actually a name for it, when a person says they are going to vote for one candidate and vote for another once behind closed door, but I cannot recall at the moment.
The Bradley effect??

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, it looks like Intrade was right again. Not even close.

Hello?... Where is everybody? :lol::lol::lol:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the way... since when is using the word "delusional" inappropriate or abusive language? :rolleyes:

delusional: having an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as truth

Yeah... I'd say that my word choice was accurate and inoffensive... to those with a vocabulary or a dictionary.

Good grief.