Unbelievable - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Unbelievable

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    It was the same four years ago when John Kerry ran against Bush. He was endorsed by all the major celebrities and was ahead in the polls even on election day.
    Actually if you look back, George Bush was ahead by 1 point on election day.

:bruce3:

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Actually if you look back, George Bush was ahead by 1 point on election day.

the early exit polls had kerry winning...
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    just curious where you heard that?
    I have heard something similar about NC, and Indiana but that wouldnt be enough

Frank Luntz, one of the more reliable pollsters, was talking about Obama's overpolling in the primaries for some time now. There is actually a name for it, when a person says they are going to vote for one candidate and vote for another once behind closed door, but I cannot recall at the moment.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Care to make a wager on that?
    Look at my post again, I didn't make a declarative statement to make a wager on. I simply pointed out a potential flaw in the polling data.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    Frank Luntz, one of the more reliable pollsters, was talking about Obama's overpolling in the primaries for some time now. There is actually a name for it, when a person says they are going to vote for one candidate and vote for another once behind closed door, but I cannot recall at the moment.
    The Bradley effect??
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    The Bradley effect??
    Yes.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

believe it
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I'll trust Intrade on this one. But hey, let's meet back in this thread on Wednesday then, okay?
    Well, it looks like Intrade was right again. Not even close.

Hello?... Where is everybody?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

By the way... since when is using the word "delusional" inappropriate or abusive language?

delusional: having an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as truth

Yeah... I'd say that my word choice was accurate and inoffensive... to those with a vocabulary or a dictionary.

Good grief.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

YAY! Obama!!
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Landslide
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Congratulations to the Obama camp

Commiserations to the McCain camp.

From a British point of view i hope now we can stop being Bush s lapdog and can act independently of the US when it comes to Iraq
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Congratulations to the Obama camp

Commiserations to the McCain camp.

From a British point of view i hope now we can stop being Bush s lapdog and can act independently of the US when it comes to Iraq
    Same for the aussies.........althoguh initially we will be sneding over even more troops to afghanistan.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Same for the aussies.........althoguh initially we will be sneding over even more troops to afghanistan.

well the focus is getting out of iraq and into afghanistan. Which i semi-agree on
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyEhsani View Post
    well the focus is getting out of iraq and into afghanistan. Which i semi-agree on
    Afghanistan is a lost cause.

Its an entirely different ball game to Iraq

British troops are ill equipped to fight this war , the MOD has failed to supply equipment which is suited to the task
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Landslide

For the life of me, I couldnt get any friendly wagers from friend or foe.

Everyone thought it was going to be too close, myself included. Boy, was i wrong.

MSNBC called it at 10pm.

McCain concession speach at/around 10:15 central time.

I must admit, McCain's concession speach was excellent.
    He should have spoke more like that through the campaign.

Owell, now all these McCain vs Obama debates can end.

Now i get to go rub it in at work. Today is good.
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    Everyone thought it was going to be too close, myself included. Boy, was i wrong.
    it was closer than I expected, or the polls showed
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I didnt expect to know for sure until this morning. However McCain conceeded last night. That surprised me.

Only 3 or 4 states were still not in when i woke up at 630. My state and few others.

Popular was pretty close.

Electorally, well thats a different story.
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I thought they called ohio earlier than they should have and it did end up quite close, but pennsylvania and ohio were why he conceeded that early
    This space for rent

20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

to give kristofer some perspective... here is a list of popular vote margins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ar_vote_margin

most other than bush were quite a bit higher than obama's margin, so unless you believe every president has had a mandate, sorry no mandate here. Had obama broken the 10% margin in popular vote, i would have felt it was a mandate even if I didn't agree with it
    This space for rent

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

to give kristofer some perspective... here is a list of popular vote margins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ar_vote_margin

most other than bush were quite a bit higher than obama's margin, so unless you believe every president has had a mandate, sorry no mandate here. Had obama broken the 10% margin in popular vote, i would have felt it was a mandate even if I didn't agree with it

Mandate scmandate, it was a decisive victory that was over by 11:00 est. The key word being victory.

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I think its time to put this discussion to bed.Obama is President Elect end of story. He will remain in power for 4 years .During that time Palin is said to be getting her act together with her sights firmly on the White House.I think you should start worrying (speaking from a British perspective)
  23. Professional Member

If Palin runs and or wins in 2012, the Republican party will be in shambles for 25 years.
  24. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    If Palin runs and or wins in 2012, the Republican party will be in shambles for 25 years.
    no telling really, like 5 years ago anyone would have believed that a black man with known terrorist and mob friends would have been elected would have sounded ridiculous.... depending on how the next 4 shape up, and how Sarah acts in the interim could make a huge difference.

Plus she doesn't necessarily have to run herself, she can be a face for the RNC. A fundraiser + rally-er for house + senate candidates for 2010.
    This space for rent

25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I dont think 7% is close at all...
  26. Professional Member

no telling really, like 5 years ago anyone would have believed that a black man with known terrorist and mob friends would have been elected would have sounded ridiculous.... depending on how the next 4 shape up, and how Sarah acts in the interim could make a huge difference.

Plus she doesn't necessarily have to run herself, she can be a face for the RNC. A fundraiser + rally-er for house + senate candidates for 2010.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=214383
  27. glg

He won, McCain lost...get over it.

The people voiced their wants and it's now time to move on and make the best of it.

If it doesn't turn out to be a good choice then we start again in 2012 like the forefathers planned.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    He won, McCain lost...get over it.

The people voiced their wants and it's now time to move on and make the best of it.

If it doesn't turn out to be a good choice then we start again in 2012 like the forefathers planned.
    Give the guy a break -let him prove himself. He surely carnt make it worse for you than Bush did.

He wont be running the country single handed , he ll be well supported by civil servants, political advisors etc etc to advise and if necessary correct any decisions before they are announced.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

You make it sound like he's running around with Bin Ladin doing jaegger bombs or something. You've blown the whole friends with terrorist thing way out of proportion.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

..........and he's half cast. Not black.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Black shouldnt be an issue -he has been elected because most voters think he his the man for the job-similarly if he was chinese, spanish even homosexual , race or sexual orientation shouldnt enter into it.
    This is the 21 st century after all but sometimes i get the feeling that some are living in the dark ages and havent moved with the times.
  32. Diamond Member

You make it sound like he's running around with Bin Ladin doing jaegger bombs or something. You've blown the whole friends with terrorist thing way out of proportion.
    Fully agree. Sometimes, it is very frustrating to read political comments some members post here. You end up asking yourself what happened to logical thinking, communication skills, and a sense of decorum!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  33. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Black shouldnt be an issue -he has been elected because most voters think he his the man for the job-similarly if he was chinese, spanish even homosexual , race or sexual orientation shouldnt enter into it.
    This is the 21 st century after all but sometimes i get the feeling that some are living in the dark ages and havent moved with the times.
    Completely agree. Obama's electoral success was not due to the colour of his skin. Black votes alone could never have made him President-elect. Whites, Hispanics, and others, simply saw him as the better candidate for the Presidency at this juncture in the history of the US.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  34. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Starting your political career in the living room of a political bomber of your own country who says "his only regret was that he didn't do more"... Read about they actually did, and tell me that he's not a terrorist...
    This space for rent

35. Diamond Member

Starting your political career in the living room of a political bomber of your own country who says "his only regret was that he didn't do more"... Read about they actually did, and tell me that he's not a terrorist...
    Your views sometimes make me shudder! If you state your views like this on an online forum, I do not want to know what you would do and say in the confines of your home or similar-thinking inner circle!
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

You honestly think Obama supports terrorists....that is what you are trying to say right?
  37. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Your views sometimes make me shudder! If you state your views like this on an online forum, I do not want to know what you would do and say in the confines of your home or similar-thinking inner circle!
    Comical how reality bothers you so much

"Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days. Ayers writes:

Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds - it caused 'tens of thousands of dollars' of damage. The operation cost under $500, and no one was killed or even hurt."

But because he supports socialism I suppose that makes him not a terrorist in your eyes.
    This space for rent

38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

37 years ago...and how old is Obama?
  39. Diamond Member

Comical how reality bothers you so much

"Ayers participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, the United States Capitol building in 1971, and The Pentagon in 1972, as he noted in his 2001 book, Fugitive Days. Ayers writes:

Although the bomb that rocked the Pentagon was itsy-bitsy - weighing close to two pounds - it caused 'tens of thousands of dollars' of damage. The operation cost under $500, and no one was killed or even hurt."

But because he supports socialism I suppose that makes him not a terrorist in your eyes.
    I fail to see the flow of your post/comment. You tend to unduly rush to conclusions, leaving avoidable awkward gaps in your logical articulation.
  40. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

37 years ago...and how old is Obama?
    He moved into the education system because he realized that he sucked at bombs, and felt that his form of radicalism would accomplish more done in stealth - teaching it to impressionable youth and having it spread that way.... And he is totally unrepentant, his only regret is that he didn't do more bombings. He's written it all in his memoirs
    This space for rent

Similar Forum Threads

1. Unbelievable!!!
    By DemonSlayer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 03:29 PM
  2. Unbelievable Usplabs Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:19 AM
  3. Unbelievable Chills
    By AGELESS in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
  4. PowerFULL experience the unbelievable
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 07:43 AM