The only people worse than democrats

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    I think think the fact that you uncritically accept admitted lies & fragmentary bits of old conversation, taken out of context and misrepresented as 'a true picture of Obama's politics', demonstrates more than adequately that you couldn't find the political middle in a brightly lit room with both hands and a compass.
    Outside of hollow campaign rhetoric, I challenge you to find anything in Obama's record that would even insinuate that he is in the political middle and not among the most left wing politicians in the American political landscape.

2. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Honestly, your political view is of complete irrelevance to me. And vice versa, I dare say preemptively. I simply admired the eloquence and literary force of his comment. My admiration of the textual structure of his comments would be the same, irrespective of the target of his commentary.
    That I can agree with, it was a well put together sentiment
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Outside of hollow campaign rhetoric, I challenge you to find anything in Obama's record that would even insinuate that he is in the political middle and not among the most left wing politicians in the American political landscape.
    I think your definitions & presumptions make any such effort on my part pointless - especially since every Democrat who runs for POTUS is anointed "the most left wing politicians in the American political landscape" by those who style themselves "conservatives" rather than reactionary extremists.

To put it another way: *ALL* evidence I've submitted regarding the disconnect between the conservative mainstream over the last 50 years and the neo-con plutocratic global adventurism of today has been discounted, dismissed, ignored - even attacked. If you want me (or anyone) to provide evidence to satisfy you as to the bona-fides of your political/economic opponents, I suggest you (collectively) show some respect for the evidence already presented.

Alternatively, you could make an effort to prove YOUR position on the matter...but please, post something besides Malkin, Prager & co. - opinion is only evidence of opinion. With respect.
  4. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    I think your definitions & presumptions make any such effort on my part pointless - especially since every Democrat who runs for POTUS is anointed "the most left wing politicians in the American political landscape" by those who style themselves "conservatives" rather than reactionary extremists.

To put it another way: *ALL* evidence I've submitted regarding the disconnect between the conservative mainstream over the last 50 years and the neo-con plutocratic global adventurism of today has been discounted, dismissed, ignored - even attacked. If you want me (or anyone) to provide evidence to satisfy you as to the bona-fides of your political/economic opponents, I suggest you (collectively) show some respect for the evidence already presented.

Alternatively, you could make an effort to prove YOUR position on the matter...but please, post something besides Malkin, Prager & co. - opinion is only evidence of opinion. With respect.
    comical! again the attempt to paint the opposing side as further away from center as the only way to make your candidate look centrist.

we're looking for a single substantiative ACTION that shows bipartisanship on his behalf. considering he has based this campaign on 'republicans are evil, their ideas are all wrong, and they alone caused the financial crisis'
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

5. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    comical! again the attempt to paint the opposing side as further away from center as the only way to make your candidate look centrist.

we're looking for a single substantiative ACTION that shows bipartisanship on his behalf. considering he has based this campaign on 'republicans are evil, their ideas are all wrong, and they alone caused the financial crisis'
    To the contrary, I would say Obama based his campaign on what's wrong with Washington and the last 8 years under GWB while McCain and the "Late Talk Express" spent most of their early time trying to paint Obama as the "Boogey Man" and chasing ghosts. While you may not like what he has to say, Obama has very rarely spoke of the Republicans in general other than to very succinctly tie McSame and the Spokesmodel to GWB while being called every and anything that could be imagined (schocker!!). IMO after today it will all come under the heading of "Whatever"

:bruce3:
    •   

6. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Obama has very rarely spoke of the Republicans in general other than to very succinctly tie McSame and the Spokesmodel to GWB while being called every and anything that could be imagined (schocker!!).
    I guess you haven't listened to his speeches then, or are just blinded in some other way, which seems to be the case for most of his supporters
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I guess you haven't listened to his speeches then, or are just blinded in some other way, which seems to be the case for most of his supporters
    No, I've listened quite well, I'm just not totally opposed to everything Obama has to say like you obviously are. That and at least for me a lot of what he has to say rings true.

:bruce3:

8. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post

I challenged you to find any evidence that Obama is who is says he is. You came back with....no you prove it.

Show me some where on his voting record where he didn't vote extreme left. Its not a tall order. He says he will unite the parties. Does he expect the Republican Party to join him on the extreme left? To unite the parties you would have to have a centrist platform. Where is it?
  9. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I challenged you to find any evidence that Obama is who is says he is. You came back with....no you prove it.

Show me some where on his voting record where he didn't vote extreme left. Its not a tall order. He says he will unite the parties. Does he expect the Republican Party to join him on the extreme left? To unite the parties you would have to have a centrist platform. Where is it?
    he has a centrist platform in words, however he has no centrist record in action, unless you are viewing this from canada's perspective (in which case he is a conservative)
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Two Democrats on an Escalator
    By roids1 in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
  2. Two Democrats On An Escalator
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM
  3. Democrats Have Kept Racism Alive
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 11:18 AM
  4. If It's Bad for America, It's Good for Democrats
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 05:43 PM
  5. Now Democrats Think Republicans Are Cheaters ?
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 01:40 PM