I hope you're excited about paying more taxes!

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
American Thinker: Senator Obama's Four Tax Increases for People Earning Under $250k

Take a moment to look at this article. Then tell me that you are ready to pay extra taxes under Obama. I'm not a huge fan of either candidate, but I know for a fact that I'd rather not pay an extra 2-3000 in taxes for the next four years. Then again, maybe I'm a minority and the rest of America really does feel good about handing more money to the federal government...seeing as how they are doing such a fine job with it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
American Thinker: Senator Obama's Four Tax Increases for People Earning Under $250k

Take a moment to look at this article. Then tell me that you are ready to pay extra taxes under Obama. I'm not a huge fan of either candidate, but I know for a fact that I'd rather not pay an extra 2-3000 in taxes for the next four years. Then again, maybe I'm a minority and the rest of America really does feel good about handing more money to the federal government...seeing as how they are doing such a fine job with it.
I pointed this out before:

"The first loophole was easy to find: Senator Obama doesn't "count" allowing the Bush tax cuts to lapse as a tax increase. Unless the cuts are re-enacted, rates will automatically return to the 2000 level. Senator Obama claims that letting a tax cut lapse -- allowing the rates to return to a higher levels -- is not actually a "tax increase." It's just the lapsing of a tax cut.

See the difference? "

Let one tax cut expire that saves you $2000/year, then enact a law that cuts taxes $1000/year. Net loss - $1000... but claims overall you are getting a tax cut.

Politics at its best.

That goes for all politicians.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All of it.

It's more debate on the subject.

"It is absolutely amazing that an article about Sen. Obama's tax plans can degenerate into negative comments about Gov. Palin, Sen. McCain and Pres. Bush."

:lol:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I believe Obama went from 280,000 initially .. to 250,000 . . to 200,000 . . .to 150,000 . . I don't think he recalled what numbers came out of his a$$ the first time he proposed this tax break.
It doesn't matter. When the Bush tax cuts expire even those making under 50k will bump up their taxes by something like 1500 dollars.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever consider becoming social parasite?

I really wouldn't feel bad about raping back the government if they keep up with this sh*t.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
That article is filled with IMO unwarranted assumptions, and except for citing Obama, is completely unsourced.

I don't make a habit of believing politicians, but neither do I make a practice of believing random sloppy-thinkers on the intarwebz.

I'd love to deconstruct this mess, but I'm far too busy - and besides, y'all have been having so much fun while I've been sick, I'd hate to spoil it....