Highest Paid in McCain Camp? Palin's Makeup Artist.

Arrogant

Arrogant

Awards
Palin’s Makeup Stylist Fetches Highest Salary in 2-Week Period - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staffer. It was Amy Strozzi, Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “Personnel Svc/Equipment.”

In addition, Angela Lew, who is Ms. Palin’s traveling hair stylist, got $10,000 for “Communications Consulting” in the first half of October. Ms. Lew’s address listed in F.E.C. records traces to an Angela M. Lew in Thousands Oaks, Calif., which matches with a license issued by the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. The board said Ms. Lew works at a salon called Hair Grove in Westlake Village, Calif.

W Magazine’s blog reported earlier this month that “the Guv has been traveling with a hairstylist named Angela, who usually works out of a salon called the Hair Grove,” and that she was directed to the salon by none other than Cindy McCain, whose own hair stylist, Piper, works at the Hair Grove as well.

The campaign’s payment on Oct. 10 to Ms. Strozzi made her the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two week period. (There were more than two-dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000. Ms. Lew was the fourth highest paid person in the campaign during that span.

In September, Ms. Strozzi, who was first identified by the Washington Post this week as Ms. Palin’s makeup artist, was also paid $13,200 for “communications consulting.” But several individuals were paid more by the McCain campaign that month, including Mike DuHaime, the political director, who received $25,000 for “Gotv Consulting,” and Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s senior advisers, who got $13,224 in salary.

Ms. Lew collected $8,825 in September for what the campaign labeled in its report as “GOTV Consulting.”

There has been much attention this week, of course, on the $150,000 Republican National Committee spent outfitting Ms. Palin in September at high-end department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, as well as for makeup services.

The campaign finance reports filed on Thursday night, which showed the McCain campaign and the R.N.C. had about $84 million left in the bank on Oct. 15, did not immediately appear to show any similar payments in the first half of October.

Remember, as you do everything you can to save your money in this disaster economy, Sarah Palin is afforded $150k in new clothes, and over $30k in makeup and hair.

SHE'S JUST LIKE YOU!
If you keep saying it enough times, it might come true, and we might forget the attacks on $400 haircuts and their absolute measure of someone being out of touch...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obviously, Arrogant has never been around many women.

:lol:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering what state we are in economically, it isn't the greatest strategic move to have public records indicate that they are spending a **** ton of money on things like hair and make-up. Regardless of how you feel about it, the average Joe will look at their wallet and look at those facts and could possibly decide to vote in obama's direction.

Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering what state we are in economically, it isn't the greatest strategic move to have public records indicate that they are spending a **** ton of money on things like hair and make-up. Regardless of how you feel about it, the average Joe will look at their wallet and look at those facts and could possibly decide to vote in obama's direction.

Just doesn't make any sense to me.

And if they would, they would be idiots to believe its one sided.

Its the election for the President of the United States. They spend this kind of money in a week for fuel for their planes.

Women are more expensive...anyone married knows that. :lol:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I like how democrats tell people how they should or shouldn't spend their money. First we make it, then they take it, then they tell you how to spend what they've left you.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose it depends on where the money is coming from. I would also like to know that just because they're getting millions of dollars to campaign that they should still understand how to spend it wisely. This reflects goverment spending at it's finest...

As far as women costing more money to look good; more beautiful women have looked better with less. Palin is an attractive lady as was a long time before this amount was spent on her. Personal finances aside, this shouldn't be common practice on elected government jobs and earnings coming from such areas.

If this was spent off their own accounts then I have no problem with that and I don't have a problem with using allowed deductions for taxes. If it was used by donated funds then I have big issue with it. It's the same as giving a M3 to a 16 year old and them treating it like **** because they don't understand finances. If they are spending money just because it's there, regardless of what it was intended for, that should be a problem for anyone. Regardless of your political bias.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I like how democrats tell people how they should or shouldn't spend their money. First we make it, then they take it, then they tell you how to spend what they've left you.
When she goes running off at the mouth about the cost of John Edwards haircuts, you knew it would come back and besides it's not all mavericky and stuff. It's all fluff actually

:bruce3:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose it depends on where the money is coming from. I would also like to know that just because they're getting millions of dollars to campaign that they should still understand how to spend it wisely. This reflects goverment spending at it's finest...

As I said, it goes both ways. $400 haircut...FOR A MAN.

As far as women costing more money to look good; more beautiful women have looked better with less. Palin is an attractive lady as was a long time before this amount was spent on her. Personal finances aside, this shouldn't be common practice on elected government jobs and earnings coming from such areas.
It was a joke, and it is common practice for candidates running for the nations highest office. Its just usually, the "men" don't have make up artists around...well maybe John Edwards.

If this was spent off their own accounts then I have no problem with that and I don't have a problem with using allowed deductions for taxes. If it was used by donated funds then I have big issue with it. It's the same as giving a M3 to a 16 year old and them treating it like **** because they don't understand finances. If they are spending money just because it's there, regardless of what it was intended for, that should be a problem for anyone. Regardless of your political bias.
Its the RNC that spent it, as with most campaigns...the clothes are returned (as is the case with jewelery for award shows) or donated/auctioned for charity in the name of the store.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When she goes running off at the mouth about the cost of John Edwards haircuts, you knew it would come back and besides it's not all mavericky and stuff. It's all fluff actually

:bruce3:
John Edwards $400 haircuts are a hell of lot funnier than this.

Sorry, you lose on that one.. :lol:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not partisan by any stretch of the imagination. When Clinton flew AF1 to get a haircut I wanted to hang the ****er.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Dems were the Elitist?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say they are moreso than repubs in the sense that they think they know what's better for everyone else (gross generalization but...**** it lol)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say they are moreso than repubs in the sense that they think they know what's better for everyone else (gross generalization but...**** it lol)
lol, I was being sarcastic you weenie!

:p

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So was I you pecker! Figured I would throw the **** it to let everyone know I was joking...Or was i?? lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pecker? You have gone too far!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course I have... You've seen the size of my pecker!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you said pecker...

FLYERS WIN!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i think john kerry spent close to that to look pretty!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose it depends on where the money is coming from. I would also like to know that just because they're getting millions of dollars to campaign that they should still understand how to spend it wisely. This reflects goverment spending at it's finest....

Excellent post! The whole issue is just upsetting and should be condemned regardless of political leaning. It is painful to read how some contributors here struggle to dilute the significance of this.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent post! The whole issue is just upsetting and should be condemned regardless of political leaning. It is painful to read how some contributors here struggle to dilute the significance of this.
It's a way to deflect from the issues. Both sides do this. It's all a bunch of he said she said bullsh*t.

I REALLY WISH AMERICA would wake the fukk up and realize a strait shooter like Ron Paul is what we need.

Adams