Mark Steyn: Plumber Joe didn't go with the flow
- 10-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Apparently you dont know when to where your tin foil hat. Now if we start a discussion saying how bush personally collapsed the economic system, or remote controlled two planes into the towers, THEN put on your hat.
AdamsThe Historic PES Legend
- 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
- 10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
And the Miranda ruling was only supposed to apply to law-enforcement's dealings w/ suspects, but for many years now, it's been true: whatever you say can and will be taken down and used against you. The internet has been a great boon to this tendency.
10-23-2008, 07:51 PM
yeah, no real "right" to privacy in terms of your public dealings and filings.
10-24-2008, 09:22 AM
It's a completely absurd notion, true: but still, there's a well-appreciated slippery slope where the violation of any right is concerned. You can't decry erosion on the 'left' while turning a blind eye to erosion on the 'right' - it makes one worse than a hypocrite.
It makes one complicit in the destruction of that right - and of all those rights that subsequently come under attack.
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By dave12 in forum PoliticsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2010, 01:24 AM
- By Malarky89 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
- By EasyEJL in forum PoliticsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2008, 10:20 AM
- By bigcuz in forum PoliticsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2008, 04:25 PM
- By Jayhawkk in forum General ChatReplies: 12Last Post: 06-18-2006, 03:41 AM