Mark Steyn: Plumber Joe didn't go with the flow

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post


    Way to avoid my inquiries. Always pointing at others. Like the initiation of the Economy bubble. Guess that one was Bushs fault?

    Adams

    Actually I'm attempting to widen your field of vision.

    Do you honestly believe one of these two parties has their feet firmly planted on moral highground while the other does not?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    You mean Hillary during the primary?

    Sure.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Actually I'm attempting to widen your field of vision.

    Do you honestly believe one of these two parties has their feet firmly planted on moral highground while the other does not?
    No, but when one states he the the politician of change and its a new politics, the people that actually believe that (which is most) are in for a pretty big disappointment.


    Its the same logic when people trash conservatives that hire hookers. Its hypocrisy at its finest.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Actually I'm attempting to widen your field of vision.

    Do you honestly believe one of these two parties has their feet firmly planted on moral highground while the other does not?
    Oh... never said one was a saint here. That wasn't my intention. I came in stating what was being done to Joe was reprehensible. Purely disgusting. Because he got Messiah Obama to say he wanted to spread the wealth. Giving money to the useless leaches of society that deserves to be where they are.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Gotta love when someone justify's instilling a sense fear to keep their position.

    Adams
    What group of people developed this overwhelming sense of fear you speak of?

    Isn't that a tad bit chicken littleish?

    Were you really that frightened by that whole chain of events?

    I'm not. The way I figure it, If I were in that position I might not want to lie about who I am.
    If I work at the airport, but one day I hope to be the next Fred Smith, I'm hardly going to claim I am an airline pilot, and talk about owning Federal Express like it's actually about to happen.

    It's not like "Joe" just asked a question and thats it. He pretended to be something he wasn't.

    10-1 odds the "investigation" was kickstarted when someone that knew "Joe" pointed out that he was full of crap. He should have known better than to lie.

    Thats the bottom line. Not that he spoke, but that he wasn't truthful, and he (and apparently you) figured the media would just gloss over that.

    It's a story. Someone is going to run it, regardless of their political view. Thats what they get paid for. To beat the competition to the punch.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    No, but when one states he the the politician of change and its a new politics, the people that actually believe that (which is most) are in for a pretty big disappointment.


    Its the same logic when people trash conservatives that hire hookers. Its hypocrisy at its finest.

    Which guy are you talking about?

    They are both saying that stuff.

    That's what gets me. Both guys say the same thing in their own words and they actually manage to get people to line up behind them and believe what they said but simultaneously say the other guy is full of crap for what he said.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    What group of people developed this overwhelming sense of fear you speak of?

    Isn't that a tad bit chicken littleish?

    Were you really that frightened by that whole chain of events?

    I'm not. The way I figure it, If I were in that position I might not want to lie about who I am.
    If I work at the airport, but one day I hope to be the next Fred Smith, I'm hardly going to claim I am an airline pilot, and talk about owning Federal Express like it's actually about to happen.

    It's not like "Joe" just asked a question and thats it. He pretended to be something he wasn't.

    10-1 odds the "investigation" was kickstarted when someone that knew "Joe" pointed out that he was full of crap. He should have known better than to lie.

    Thats the bottom line. Not that he spoke, but that he wasn't truthful, and he (and apparently you) figured the media would just gloss over that.

    It's a story. Someone is going to run it, regardless of their political view. Thats what they get paid for. To beat the competition to the punch.
    You are twisting it up again. Funny that only biased left media did the attacking.... where is the morality in that? God help us if Obama is president... so now we cant question the president without the backlash of MSNBC? Regardless of my background, please tell me that is right.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Which guy are you talking about?

    They are both saying that stuff.

    That's what gets me. Both guys say the same thing in their own words and they actually manage to get people to line up behind them and believe what they said but simultaneously say the other guy is full of crap for what he said.


    You must have arms that are 20ft long....cause I've never seen someone reach that far before.


    Which guy...now THAT is funny.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You are twisting it up again. Funny that only biased left media did the attacking.... where is the morality in that? God help us if Obama is president... so now we cant question the president without the backlash of MSNBC? Regardless of my background, please tell me that is right.

    Adams


    Well if apparently "all the media is leftist", then it would stand to reason that only biased left media would be doing the reporting, now wouldn't it?

    We're entering tree falling in the forest with noone around territory now.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You are twisting it up again.
    Well, to justify attacking Joe the Plumber, you sort of need to.


    It really is sad..whether he's a licensed plumber or not.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    Well, to justify attacking Joe the Plumber, you sort of need to.


    It really it sad..whether he's a licensed plumber or not.
    Agreed... Plumber or not... I thought he was American and entitled to privacy and his words.

    Learn, Teach, and dont stand up to Obama.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    You must have arms that are 20ft long....cause I've never seen someone reach that far before.


    Which guy...now THAT is funny.
    You must obviously be a magician, since I've never seen that much flash before with no substance to show for it at the end.



    You and I both know McCain is claiming to be the same guy Obama is.

    He's a change agent. He's a Maverick. He's going to unite both parties.

    Same crap. Different guy.

    That should be their respective motto's from here on out.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Agreed... Plumber or not... I thought he was American and entitled to privacy and his words.


    Adams

    So now the background check was unAmerican? The mere fact that someone was able to pull that check on him and have the freedom to expound on it's contents is America the Free at it's finest.

    It goes with being a public figure. You cats can take the route of an externalist all you want.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    You must obviously be a magician, since I've never seen that much flash before with no substance to show for it at the end.
    Substance? 18 months of campaigning on the same platform? Do you want pictures to understand?

    Whatever substance I could show, you would ignore it anyway so whats the point? Those blinders you have on are squeezing the blood out of your head and into those 20ft long arms!


    You and I both know McCain is claiming to be the same guy Obama is.


    He's a change agent. He's a Maverick. He's going to unite both parties.

    Same crap. Different guy.

    That should be their respective motto's from here on out.
    What is sad is you actually equate about 1 month of campaigning to 18 months of Obama's campaign.

    You might want to take a poll but I have this sneaky feeling that the general public thinks Obama is more of a change than John McCain. Its just a hunch.

    And to repeat my earlier point, if the public actually thinks this guy is a candidate of change (which most do) they are in for the biggest disappointment they've ever had.

    Sheep.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    So now the background check was unAmerican? The mere fact that someone was able to pull that check on him and have the freedom to expound on it's contents is America the Free at it's finest.

    It goes with being a public figure. You cats can take the route of an externalist all you want.
    Really... cause I always believed I had the right to a certain amount of privacy. Its paramount to infringment upon an amendment. Illegal search and seizure my friend.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    So now the background check was unAmerican? The mere fact that someone was able to pull that check on him and have the freedom to expound on it's contents is America the Free at it's finest.

    It goes with being a public figure. You cats can take the route of an externalist all you want.
    Could you please give me your real name so I can do a background check on you?

    Its the American thing to do.


    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Really... cause I always believed I had the right to a certain amount of privacy. Its paramount to infringment upon an amendment. Illegal search and seizure my friend.

    Adams
    They searched his house?

    That's preposterous!

    Seriously though, any private citizen could have paid for a background check on "Joe the Plumber".

    You know this right?

    Now you're acting like the law was broken or something, with you rhetoric of rights and what not.

    That's twisting words.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    Could you please give me your real name so I can do a background check on you?

    Its the American thing to do.


    Ah.......

    But if I did post my real name right now, and someone did the background check, is that anyone's fault but my own?

    Thanks for helping me make my point Kruger.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post

    That's twisting words.
    now THAT is funny.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    Substance? 18 months of campaigning on the same platform? Do you want pictures to understand?

    Whatever substance I could show, you would ignore it anyway so whats the point? Those blinders you have on are squeezing the blood out of your head and into those 20ft long arms!
    It's a shame I can't take those jokes to the bank....


    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    What is sad is you actually equate about 1 month of campaigning to 18 months of Obama's campaign.
    So you admit that they are both currently saying the same thing.

    Thank-You

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    You might want to take a poll but I have this sneaky feeling that the general public thinks Obama is more of a change than John McCain. Its just a hunch.
    So if one huckster is more successful at selling his snakeoil that makes the other guy not a huckster by proxy?

    I'm just trying to get your rationale sorted out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    And to repeat my earlier point, if the public actually thinks this guy is a candidate of change (which most do) they are in for the biggest disappointment they've ever had.
    I agree with that.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Ah.......

    But if I did post my real name right now, and someone did the background check, is that anyone's fault but my own?

    Thanks for helping me make my point Kruger.
    Oh I thought you made your point quite nicely before.

    Its not really a legal one in my eyes..its how far should a campaign or media outlet go...and I think you made that quite clear.


    Politics of change.

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    It's a shame I can't take those jokes to the bank....

    You would have to be taxed.




    So you admit that they are both currently saying the same thing.

    Thank-You
    Not really. McCain is pushing reform more.

    Obama pushes a candidate of change and someone who is going to usher in "new poltics".

    There are differences. Its those pesky details you might want to look at.

    So if one huckster is more successful at selling his snakeoil that makes the other guy not a huckster by proxy?

    I'm just trying to get your rationale sorted out here.


    I agree with that.
    So Obama is a "huckster"?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    now THAT is funny.

    It really is.

    People are fond of taking extremely linear approaches to understanding situations, and anything outside their realm of acceptance is dubbed "twisting words".

    Is it not possible that something can be one thing, yet be the other at the same time?

    There is such a thing as another perspective, no matter what the situation is.

    I find it hilarious when people try to put themselves and other people into far ends of spectra, be it social, political, economic, you name it.

    In reality the extreme end of the spectrum is never seen, and people fail to realize how close to the middle they all are while they clamor to spot differences in lieu of similarities.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    It really is.

    Especially when you accuse another person! Its a riot Alice!

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    You would have to be taxed.
    I'm used to that.




    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post

    Not really. McCain is pushing reform more.

    Obama pushes a candidate of change and someone who is going to usher in "new poltics".

    There are differences. Its those pesky details you might want to look at.
    Reform- to change to a better state, form, etc.; improve by alteration, substitution, abolition, etc.

    Oh no. He used a different word, regardless of the fact that the word Obama is using is in the definition of the word McCain is using, there must be a difference!

    All this talk of word twisting and then you lay this stuff on me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post

    So Obama is a "huckster"?
    Aren't they both?

    Huckster- a person who employs showy methods to effect a sale, win votes, etc.: the crass methods of political hucksters.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats going on with the MR site?
    By Grant in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 07:29 PM
  2. whats going on with the prohormone ban
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 09:37 PM
  3. How high of a concentration can you go with...
    By FrTimothy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:36 AM
  4. Help with what dog breed to go with
    By Jstrong20 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:03 PM
  5. Going with the extreme dose
    By Aneas in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Log in
Log in