The Final Debate Poll - AnabolicMinds.com

View Poll Results: Whose your pick?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • McCain

4 25.00%
  • Obama

6 37.50%
  • My tin foil hat doesn't protect me enough to watch television.

6 37.50%

The Final Debate Poll

1. Senior Member

The Final Debate Poll

Here's your chance to pick them before it happens.

2. New Member

When is it?
  3. Senior Member

Its tonight at 9:00 PM eastern.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think it will be more of the same and that is not good for McCain.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. New Member

Is their a set topic their going to focus on?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I believe it is domestic policy. It is funny to me it is at Hofstra University, a hell hole of a university where I spent 1.5 years prior to being fortunate enough to transfer
  7. Senior Member

I reinforced my tin foil hat with lead weights from my tackle box, so I was able to watch the debate. I believe McCain had the edge, but I don't know if it was enough. He did struggle a bit and I wasn't entirely satisfied.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Ron the Plumber was nice and should resonate.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I think that this will be a sound bite for a least a couple of weeks.
    Ohio plumber becomes focus of debate
    By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press Writer

Who is Joe the Plumber?

He is Joe Wurzelbacher, an Ohio man looking to buy a plumbing business who came to symbolize the notion of spreading the wealth in Wednesday night's third and final presidential debate between Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain.

Earlier this week, when Wurzelbacher got a chance to speak with Obama during a campaign appearance in Toledo, he told Obama that his tax plan would keep him from buying the business that currently employs him.

Sensing an opportunity during the debate, McCain cited that exchange when the candidates were asked to explain why their economic plans are better than their opponent's. McCain said Obama's plan would stop entrepreneurs from investing in new small businesses and keep existing ones from growing.

"Joe wants to buy the business that he has been in for all of these years, worked 10, 12 hours a day. And he wanted to buy the business but he looked at your tax plan and he saw that he was going to pay much higher taxes," McCain challenged Obama.

"You were going to put him in a higher tax bracket which was going to increase his taxes, which was going to cause him not to be able to employ people, which Joe was trying to realize the American dream," McCain said.

McCain then looked directly into the television camera and said: "Joe, I want to tell you, I'll not only help you buy that business that you worked your whole life for and I'll keep your taxes low and I'll provide available and affordable health care for you and your employees. And I will not stand for a tax increase on small business income."

Obama denied that was true.

"Not only do 98 percent of small businesses make less than $250,000, but I also want to give them additional tax breaks, because they are the drivers of the economy," Obama said. "They produce the most jobs."

So what did Wurzelbacher (pronounced whur-zell-BAHK-er) think about becoming the center of the debate?

"It's pretty surreal, man, my name being mentioned in a presidential campaign," he said minutes after hearing McCain utter his name.

Wurzelbacher came up again when the debate turned to a discussion of health care policies. McCain charged that Obama's plan would fine the company Wurzelbacher wanted to buy; Obama said small businesses were exempt.

"Hey Joe, you're rich. Congratulations," McCain said mockingly.

Wurzelbacher said Obama's reaction left him feeling uneasy.

"I didn't think much of it the first time I heard it," Wurzelbacher said, adding that he still thinks Obama's plan would keep him from buying the business.

About McCain: "He's got it right as far as I go."

Even so, Wurzelbacher declined to say which candidate would get his vote on Nov. 4.

"That's for me and a button to know," he said.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    Questions or Comments
    Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I thought the plumber reference was good to start, but it was used a bit too much IMO. I thought this was McCain's best debate by far, but I still thought Obama looked more like a potus and focused more on issues than attacks. In previous years that would have been a negative, but in 2008 he still came out ahead.
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    I didn't hear about joe plumber's question to Obama until after the debate. The whole debate I was wondering who they were refering to. Now They're alleging he's not even a registered voter and that he already owns a couple companies.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd View Post
    I didn't hear about joe plumber's question to Obama until after the debate. The whole debate I was wondering who they were refering to. Now They're alleging he's not even a registered voter and that he already owns a couple companies.
    They're digging up dirt on Joe the Plumber?!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Yeah, *darn* that free press - always looking for information....

For example: "Joe the Plumber"'s dad is married to Charles Keating's daughter - yes, THAT Charles Keating - and was sentenced to 40 months in prison on charges related to the famous savings-&-loan scandal.*

Or this: "Joe the Plumber" is not a plumber in the eyes of Ohio, as he has no licenses in his name in Ohio. He *does* work for a plumbing company...but there's nothing about the job he actually does there (last I heard).

( * Correction: it was apparently a different Wurzelburger who was jailed in re: Keating & married to said daughter.)
    Last edited by BodyWizard; 10-18-2008 at 08:53 AM.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Yeah, *darn* that free press - always looking for information....

For example: "Joe the Plumber"'s dad is married to Charles Keating's daughter - yes, THAT Charles Keating - and was sentenced to 40 months in prison on charges related to the famous savings-&-loan scandal.

Or this: "Joe the Plumber" is not a plumber in the eyes of Ohio, as he has no licenses in his name in Ohio. He *does* work for a plumbing company...but there's nothing about the job he actually does there (last I heard).
    What's funny about this, is Joe the Plumber is more important as a concept than a real person. He's someone trying to achieve the American Dream and own his own business.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Watching the debate was like watching a slow-motion train wreck. McCain did horribly the majority of the time. I didn't want to believe that it was over for him, but after last night, I don't think there is any denying it.

Obama is a clear thinker and a smooth talker, and unfortunately for conservatives, McCain is neither of those things. McCain came across as a whiner for most of the debate.

The thing is, I'm not voting on who the best debater is. I'm voting on a president. While I'm not completely happy with McCain, I'm voting for him. I don't like Obama and I don't trust him, especially with all these lies he was spitting out last night.

It's sad, though. Most of us on here made our decisions a long time ago. We educate ourselves and vote on the issues. Unfortunately, the people on the fence decide the election. A bunch of morons that let the smoothest talker win them over. It's pathetic.
  16. Advanced Member

Obama destroyed McCain
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    Obama destroyed McCain
    Good point.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bslick69b's final results from DIENEDRONE!(final review!)
    By bslick69b in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 12:27 AM
  2. Any final verdicts on the m-drol m1,4add debate
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 06:33 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:03 AM
  4. 40/30/30 debate
    By Head Nurse in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6