Barack Huessin Obama's terrorist friends?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weathermen: Home-grown US radicals

Sarah Palin has accused presidential candidate Barack Obama of "palling around" with terrorists - referring to his acquaintance with a former member of the Weather Underground. So who were the Weather Underground?
A newly-formed group of left-wing extremists, dubbed the Weathermen, went on the rampage in a well-planned protest in Chicago - the so-called Days of Rage riots.

A police station in the city was bombed, and protesters engaged police in combat on the streets. More than 250 of the rioters were arrested, and the FBI began to follow the movements of the Weathermen very closely.

They were a splinter-group from Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) - a product of the student radicalism endemic in college campuses in the late 1960s.
According to the FBI, several of their members had travelled to Cuba and North Vietnam during 1969.
By the end of 1969 they decided to go underground and resort to bombing strategic targets - later changing their name in the process to the Weather Underground Organization.

From 1970 to 1975 the group bombed police stations, court and government buildings, and police cars.

In 1970 there were fatalities - a police officer died from his injuries after a pipe bomb was detonated in a San Francisco police station, while three of the group blew themselves up while building explosives in their New York apartment.
Many of its members became prominent professionals in US public life.

Bernardine Dohrn, the author of the Declaration of War, is now a law lecturer. Her husband, Bill Ayers, lectures in education.

Both were implicated in the group's most serious attacks, but were never convicted.

During the late 1990s, Mr Obama served on the same charity board as Mr Ayers.

Such was the threat engendered by the group that a tenuous association with a former member can still cause ripples in a presidential race three decades later.
BBC NEWS | Americas | Weathermen: Home-grown US radicals

Obama didn't respond to this issue, he said, and I quote:

"They'd rather tear our campaign down than lift this country up," he said.

"That's what you do when you're out of touch, out of ideas, and running out of time." "
BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama rejects terror link 'smear'

Pointing out that a candidate has terrorist friends is very valid, the fact that he's avoiding them raises suspicion IMO.

Opinions?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
He has too many ****ed up friends for me to consider him a qualified and acceptable President. I don't understand why the McCain camp or even the Clinton camp earlier didn't make more of a big deal of his relationships with certain people. Maybe the McCains are holding out for closer to election day. I think a commercial about the Ayers thing would be devastating for Obama.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
They were a splinter-group from Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) - a product of the student radicalism endemic in college campuses in the late 1960s.

thats your quote? are you serious? obama was born in 1961. so he knew these guys when he was what? 8 at the oldest? maybe 5. yes, lets hold our kids accountable, and tell them that when they were 5 you didn't like their friends, which is why they're still not responsible... come on omen. i know you've got something smarter than this to say.

and the group was still around in 1975. so he was what, 14? how many 14 year olds follow older people around and see what they do? was he even still associated with them in 1975? can you prove that, or are you talking about nothing? this thread is silly. politics is silly.

and to say something so droll as to "in 1970 there were fatalities". so a 9 year old is responsible for what someone else did? i mean thats like saying that everyone who voted for bush is personally responsible for the deaths of our soldiers in iraq.

i've noticed how you've forgot to mention that mccain supported all of bush's war efforts. by your standard he is also responsible for our soldiers dying - and iraqi's. so's carter, since he put sadaam in power.

oh wait, thats it. it all traces back to lincoln for freeing obama to run for office. lets blame him next.

there's a reason i hate politics, and this is probably it - there's opinions backed by silly facts that have no bearing on whats going on.

i'm idly curious to know how anyone feels about FORD MOTOR COMPANY supporting the republican committee with funds, when they're supposed to be going bankrupt. guess that's your tax dollars at work, Ford giving funds that they themselves got from a republican president.

man. i was so happy when huckabee was doing good in the polls. now there's nobody i want in office.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats your quote? are you serious? obama was born in 1961. so he knew these guys when he was what? 8 at the oldest? maybe 5. yes, lets hold our kids accountable, and tell them that when they were 5 you didn't like their friends, which is why they're still not responsible... come on omen. i know you've got something smarter than this to say.

and the group was still around in 1975. so he was what, 14? how many 14 year olds follow older people around and see what they do? was he even still associated with them in 1975? can you prove that, or are you talking about nothing? this thread is silly. politics is silly.

and to say something so droll as to "in 1970 there were fatalities". so a 9 year old is responsible for what someone else did? i mean thats like saying that everyone who voted for bush is personally responsible for the deaths of our soldiers in iraq.
LMAO! YES I DO :toofunny:

The fact that you didn't even bother to read the WHOLE article and here "During the late 1990s, Mr Obama served on the same charity board as Mr Ayers." When Obama was 29 years old ! DING DING DING!!

You really thought I would post an article about his friends when he was 5-8? :toofunny:

Soldiers sign up with their own free will, they know they might die in war, but I do agree the Iraq war is retarded as a monkey's uncle.

i've noticed how you've forgot to mention that mccain supported all of bush's war efforts. by your standard he is also responsible for our soldiers dying - and iraqi's. so's carter, since he put sadaam in power.

oh wait, thats it. it all traces back to lincoln for freeing obama to run for office. lets blame him next.

there's a reason i hate politics, and this is probably it - there's opinions backed by silly facts that have no bearing on whats going on.

i'm idly curious to know how anyone feels about FORD MOTOR COMPANY supporting the republican committee with funds, when they're supposed to be going bankrupt. guess that's your tax dollars at work, Ford giving funds that they themselves got from a republican president.
:toofunny: Mccain is a retard too, I never said I liked him, but I sure as hell don't like 29 yr olds who associate with TERRORISTS, hell I'm 21 and I'd put a bullet through someone's head if they wanted to blow up sh*t around me and DID before!

Is that it?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
LMAO! YES I DO :toofunny:

The fact that you didn't even bother to read the WHOLE article and here "During the late 1990s, Mr Obama served on the same charity board as Mr Ayers." When Obama was 29 years old ! DING DING DING!!
apparently, its you that didn't read the article. this terrorist group hasn't done anything of note according to the article since obama was pre 16, and its obama's fault? you could read in between the lines, like you apparently did, and claim that Obama must have been "influential" in convincing mr ayers to not kill anyone anymore. this speculation is silly. so a few years later, they are on the same charity board. who cares?

so because i went to the arnold classic a few years ago i all of a sudden believe that children should get steroids? thats the same parallel you are making here.

let me ask you something. did you ever have a friend that did something really stupid? like drive drunk, beat someone up for no reason, etc? is what they did a reason you should be viewed as less of a person because they were your friend? i'm out of this thread. sorry omen, this is a silly argument. though on a sidenote, i'd shoot a terrorist too.

while we're at it, what charity was he in, and what did it do? oh, it was "The Woods Fund of Chicago, which is a philanthropic organization devoted to poverty relief and the promotion of social mobility, founded in 1941." yes, damn him, and anyone else for supporting this.... lol... i'm out of here.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
He has too many ****ed up friends for me to consider him a qualified and acceptable President. I don't understand why the McCain camp or even the Clinton camp earlier didn't make more of a big deal of his relationships with certain people. Maybe the McCains are holding out for closer to election day. I think a commercial about the Ayers thing would be devastating for Obama.

You've probably have had some so called ****ed up aquaintances too, does that make you them. You need to come down off of Mount Olympus. There's not a politician in the world that at some point in his or her career hasn't rubbed elbows with a nefarious character or two.

If he made bombs with this guy at 8 years old, I could see where that would be a problem. The McCain camp is in the position now of going on 4th down and it ain't converting, sorry. btw, there have already been commercials about this subject.

:bruce3:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Elaborate!
I was laughing at the very apparent comedy that so soon before an election the main focus of these threads is still rhetoric, conjecture, misinformed character references and not the most important facet: The very platforms of the candidates; platforms, which stand to cause changes in the contemporary fabric of the United States; platforms that may reverberate for the coming decades based on the fragility of both the American economy and foreign relations dynamic.

These caricature portrayals of the personal lives of these candidates are pundit fodder; do they truly matter? If we truly want to identify personal traits as indicators of Presidential performance and electability, none of these four individuals are fit. Ironically enough - based solely on personality and character references alone - G.W. Bush is more fit - obviously, such is not the case.

Threads such as these, and the political discourse which they reflect, work against the very premises of representative democracy. In simpler terms: Who the fuck cares? Plainly, more people are aware of the company Palin and Obama keep, the personality disorders of McCain, and the complete ineptness of Joe Biden than their platforms; that is scary.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so this terrorist group was active from the time he was 8 to when he was 14. they haven't done anything since then of note, according to your article. so a few years later, they are on the same charity board. who cares?

so because i went to the arnold classic a few years ago i all of a sudden believe that children should get steroids? thats the same parallel you are making here.

let me ask you something. did you ever have a friend that did something really stupid? like drive drunk, beat someone up for no reason, etc? is what they did a reason you should be viewed as less of a person because they were your friend? i'm out of this thread. sorry omen, this is a silly argument. though on a sidenote, i'd shoot a terrorist too.
You're comparing terrorism, killing LEOs, Bombing structures to weaken the American government and cause it's collapse (their goal) to someone who had a DUI ? OMFG are you serious man? wow.........

If ANY presidential candidate had a friend who was a member in AL Qaeda but is now not a terrorist, been 10-20 years since he last killed an American, it's fine right?

Only in California.....:run:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
If ANY presidential candidate had a friend who was a member in AL Qaeda but is now not a terrorist, been 10-20 years since he last killed an American, it's fine right?

guess they're friends too right, because they're shaking hands. and its fine right...? i give up.

shoulda killed him when he had the chance. mission accomplished could have been done without sending in troops, but they were friends.... this is still a silly argument.

you can make the quote "only in california" but you're now doing the same bigoted thing that palin is doing - using where i am at one point in time in my life to define me as a person. where are you from again, or are you afraid of me saying "only in..."

walugi

walugi

Awards
McCain is a friend of Bush, who many consider to be a terrorist. It just so happens most Americans don't think so..

And like it was said before, every politician has "****ed up friends". ****ed up people aren't just born into a river of gold. They're powerful and well connected, that's how they can

a. afford
b. facilitate

their ****ed-up-ed-ness.

To say that Obama has "****ed up friends" that needs to be exposed by Hillary or John is absurd and simplistic. They'd be making commercials about everything if it were like that.

Sarah Palin... to me anyone that wants to teach creationism in schools is thinking parallel to any evil islamic fundamentalist sheik.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
McCain is a friend of Bush, who many consider to be a terrorist. It just so happens most Americans don't think so..

And like it was said before, every politician has "****ed up friends". ****ed up people aren't just born into a river of gold. They're powerful and well connected, that's how they can

a. afford
b. facilitate

their ****ed-up-ed-ness.

To say that Obama has "****ed up friends" that needs to be exposed by Hillary or John is absurd and simplistic. They'd be making commercials about everything if it were like that.

Sarah Palin... to me anyone that wants to teach creationism in schools is thinking parallel to any evil islamic fundamentalist sheik.
:goodpost:

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
srry,... but most Americans need a Big wakeup call in History and politics. The presidency is bigger than one man,..... and the american people, congress/elected officials, and crooked/bribing lobbyists for the corporations that run this country have way more influence on this country and its shift than the president. Hes influence is strong, but i hate it when people said "bush took us to war,.... Bush destroyed the economy," etc etc. NO,..... you destroyed the economy, you, the American people took us to Iraq. Call it indirect if you want but its true. You voted for elected officials, the same officials that are crooked, and allowed this **** to happen, and are supposed to use their position in the government for the good of this country and not for their own personal gain or vendettas.

"At any given time, if America wants a change, and America wants to know who to blame for the current problems,...... all they gotta do is look in the mirror." - Bill Maher

Like him or hate him,... he's right.
I can only hope us Americans solve our differences, unite and change for the better, regardless whoever is president, and hopefully a "descent" president will add to this. Hopefully my kids will grow up and have the childhood i did or better, and not be born into a scene from "i am legend."

btw Nice find Omen

Turd

Awards
What about Sarh Palin's terrorist connections? What about John Mcains shady connections?

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Sarah Palin really should remember to check the connections within her own political party before mouthing off about 'being pally' with terrorists.

Lets not worry about the personal and financial connections between the Bush and Bin Laden families though.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
In a lot of ways John McCain regained the respect I previously had for him by not stooping into toilet politics last night. He focused on the issues and while he's not my candidate and he's probably gonna get a pee pee wacking from Carl Rove, he did things the right way.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
By the same logic this thread originated from, Sarah Palin lives too close to Russia to be trusted with high ranking office. I bet she's even eaten borsch.

Turd

Awards
John McCain just relaesed a list of 100 former ambassadors that endosed him. The 2nd name on the list is Leonore Annenberg, a member on the same board with Barack Obama and William Ayers. Why is John pallin' around with terrorist sympathizers?

DaRooster

DaRooster

Awards
I think republicans need to realize a few things...

1) Stop watching Fox news network only and no other news channel....LOL
2) You need to realize that God/Jesus does not like the republican view more than the Democratic view....Jesus was a liberal that's why he was killed, because he wouldn't go along with the current conservative Jewish view points at the time...yet republicans think of Jesus as a conservative...funny isn't it? That just kills me about the religious right.
3) Bush rat ****ed this country for the last 8 years..yet come election time...you think a democrat would be a "bad idea" for our country?...Brilliant.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mccain and Palin have terrorist connections too and shady sh*t going on with them.

I'm not voting for either crook.

Arrogant

Arrogant

Awards
John McCain just relaesed a list of 100 former ambassadors that endosed him. The 2nd name on the list is Leonore Annenberg, a member on the same board with Barack Obama and William Ayers. Why is John pallin' around with terrorist sympathizers?

Love how they shout TERRORIST!!!11ONE! while ignoring Todd and Sarah Palin's membership in (and Sarah Palin's videotaped praise for) an Alaskan secessionist group with militia ties whose founder sought to speak against the United States at the U.N. in an arrangement between himself and Iran and who was killed in a "plastic explosives deal gone bad" a month after Waco.

But Obama knows Bill Ayers.

I'm most proud of America for seeing through the sleazy attacks McCain is using (even though McCain denounced them in 2000, and went as far as writing apology notes to newspapers after he made a last ditch attempt at using similar ads) against Obama. The more he appears out of touch and screams RADICAL while Obama talks about real issues, the more McCain slips in the polls.

In 1999, I thought that if there was going to be a Republican president, there was no better choice than McCain.
I have no idea what happened to him in the years since then.

Turd

Awards
Love how they shout TERRORIST!!!11ONE! while ignoring Todd and Sarah Palin's membership in (and Sarah Palin's videotaped praise for) an Alaskan secessionist group with militia ties whose founder sought to speak against the United States at the U.N. in an arrangement between himself and Iran and who was killed in a "plastic explosives deal gone bad" a month after Waco.

But Obama knows Bill Ayers.

I'm most proud of America for seeing through the sleazy attacks McCain is using (even though McCain denounced them in 2000, and went as far as writing apology notes to newspapers after he made a last ditch attempt at using similar ads) against Obama. The more he appears out of touch and screams RADICAL while Obama talks about real issues, the more McCain slips in the polls.

In 1999, I thought that if there was going to be a Republican president, there was no better choice than McCain.
I have no idea what happened to him in the years since then.
It's funny that this story came out a couple days after Sarah Palins nomination but wasn't really covered. Now that she's running around pointing the finger, people are starting to look a little closer a her. At least Obama had the foresight to see it coming.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
1) Stop watching Fox news network only and no other news channel....LOL
When I can find news that's not coming from left field, I'll turn on another network. Honestly, I try to watch other channels, but their all unabashed Obama love fests.

2) You need to realize that God/Jesus does not like the republican view more than the Democratic view....Jesus was a liberal that's why he was killed, because he wouldn't go along with the current conservative Jewish view points at the time...yet republicans think of Jesus as a conservative...funny isn't it? That just kills me about the religious right.
I don't believe in god. However, if their was a platform for Satan, I think it would mirror much of the current Democratic platform.

3) Bush rat ****ed this country for the last 8 years..yet come election time...you think a democrat would be a "bad idea" for our country?...Brilliant.
By that logic, just because Hitler didn't work out well for Germany, I guess they should have voted in Stalin.

Obama is a left wing extremist with Socialist tendencies and connections. I don't care who the previous president was, electing a collectivist is not the answer.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
When I can find news that's not coming from left field, I'll turn on another network. Honestly, I try to watch other channels, but their all unabashed Obama love fests.

I don't believe in god. However, if their was a platform for Satan, I think it would mirror much of the current Democratic platform.

By that logic, just because Hitler didn't work out well for Germany, I guess they should have voted in Stalin.

Obama is a left wing extremist with Socialist tendencies and connections. I don't care who the previous president was, electing a collectivist is not the answer.
Hahahahaha. Your a genius.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
The new best quote of this thread. Rep'ed!:clap2:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
correct me if i'm wrong but haven't the Bush family had business connections with the Bin Laden family in the past?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I heard today that Sen Obama has watched and enjoyed cartoons with Mickey Mouse in them. It is a known fact fact that Mickey Mouse was connected to a nefarious character named Walter Disney who was known to secretly have admired Adolf Hitler:aargh: Yet another terrorist friend. We should without delay get the laterns and go after him, this is unacceptable.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are all crooks, lets just face that fact

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't know that I would say crooks but the fact is that politics is a sleazy game, Always has been and always will be. We the public are the pawns in the game, that also will never change.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Cut taxes and have government get out of the way.

Rob, contrary to what you might think, the government has never been out of the way. btw, how much have your taxes been cut in the last 8 years.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rob, contrary to what you might think, the government has never been out of the way. btw, how much have your taxes been cut in the last 8 years.

Bush's tax cuts averaged about $2300 in cuts for those making 40-90k per year.

He also approved the first stimulus package which is IMO was retarded.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rob, contrary to what you might think, the government has never been out of the way.

And you can thank them for the financial crisis we have today.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you even realize that Stalin was in russia, while hitler was in Germany?

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
You're comparing terrorism, killing LEOs, Bombing structures to weaken the American government and cause it's collapse (their goal) to someone who had a DUI ? OMFG are you serious man? wow.........

Only in California.....:run:

You're equating serving on a charity board to being friends with someone?

Is every setting the bar from Cheers in your mind?

Do you seriously walk into restaurants and supermarkets and assume that all of the employees are pals?

Do you think all of the volunteers at the local boys and girls clubs are buddies and chums?

What a ridiculous, half-baked notion.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He also approved the first stimulus package which is IMO was retarded.

The only thing that makes money valuable is its scarcity. So if you give everyone the same amount, it's like you did nothing at all.

Increasing the money supply does nothing but increase the national debt. Every dollar is printed with interest attatched to it.
Printing more money does not mean more wealth. The new money has to borrow value from the existing currency. So you dont end up with more wealth, you just get inflation. .....and minimum wage doesnt come up fast enough to keep up with this tactic the crooks at the federal reserve pull on the poor. One ounce of Gold is worth around $900 now, which is the only good way to measure inflation. If you've owned gold for a while, nows your chance to triple your money. But I dont think now would be a great time to go selling off gold lol

all the stimulus package likely did was give apple record Ipod sales (rolls eyes)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you even realize that Stalin was in russia, while hitler was in Germany?

Umm...it was a statement about going from extreme to another....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The only thing that makes money valuable is its scarcity. So if you give everyone the same amount, it's like you did nothing at all.

Increasing the money supply does nothing but increase the national debt. Every dollar is printed with interest attatched to it.
Printing more money does not mean more wealth. The new money has to borrow value from the existing currency. So you dont end up with more wealth, you just get inflation. .....and minimum wage doesnt come up fast enough to keep up with this tactic the crooks at the federal reserve pull on the poor. One ounce of Gold is worth around $900 now, which is the only good way to measure inflation. If you've owned gold for a while, nows your chance to triple your money. But I dont think now would be a great time to go selling off gold lol

all the stimulus package likely did was give apple record Ipod sales (rolls eyes)

The flight to safety was mainly oil and gold as a backup.

Pelosi and Congress want anther package. When Obama gets elected, you are going to get another one.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Socialism is the extreme version of getting the government "out of the way"

Talk about a complete twisting and distorting of words.

Wow.

Rob a socialist. Now THATS funny.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Talk about a complete twisting and distorting of words.

Wow.

Rob a socialist. Now THATS funny.

I said borderline.

He's the one that wanted the government to "get out of the way". That, is borderline Socialism.

The problem is people want to bandy about terms but take little time to actually think long term about outcomes,consequences, or feasibility.

So many people throw socialism around like they've actually ever seen it. It's never been practiced, and the last thing one would see is Russia or China. Just because they happened to put shoes in the oven and call them biscuits, doesn't make it so.

Technically, a true democracy, with "mutual coercion, mutually agreed upon"(- Garret Hardin) would support and foster socialism far moreso than anything else that's tried to lay claim to it.

Unfortunately people want to confuse socialism- the economic theory -with the communist governments that have claimed it despite having command economies.

I repeat.

Socialism is an economic theory. Not a form of government. It was never intended to be tied to dictatorships and communist governments.

There wasn't supposed to be a government at all. Only We the People. Sound familiar?
Folks really need to stop trying to scare little children with that word by misconstruing it to mean something it really doesn't.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
How can a modern day government govern while keeping out of the way?

Do you have any examples of a government that gets out of the way?

Some definitions of government:

- The act of governing; the exercise of authority; the administration of laws; control; direction; regulation

- The mode of governing; the system of polity in a state; the established form of law.

- The right or power of governing; authority.

- The person or persons authorized to administer the laws; the ruling power; the administration.

The ideals of government were meant for the people and to serve the people but is that happening in reality?

Give me a government that stays out of the way and i'm there.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I said borderline.

He's the one that wanted the government to "get out of the way". That, is borderline Socialism.
You can try and justify it all you want, but it would take 5 minutes of his posts to know what he's talking about before saying he's borderline socialist.

Its just funny and sad at the same time. Its not even borderline