Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here we go, it seems that the language to be used in the buyout is all finalized, and the voting in the house will begin on Monday. So what do you think? I have been searching this evening for some clear cut language that is being used, and without it at this point I am torn. I understand the fundamental need fo rhte buyout, but then again I hate to see American taxpayers (who are struggling enough) have to foot the bill for it, especially since so many golden parachutes are being handed out like candy. Also, part of me wants the responsibility to fall where it belongs, and since they screwed up, let them fix it.

So what do you think? Vote in the poll and leave your thoughts

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I am against it. I think practicality only trumps ideology when a society lets it do so.

That being said, I'm sure it will go through, and I am glad the House Republicans were able to fight to get the ACORN provisions removed.

Also, how weak is a majority party when it refuses to go forward with a bill without the minority party's consent.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a fan eithber, but I do think something needs to happen. I also agree the dems can be viewed as weak or as truly trying to reach across the aisle

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
As a brit who likes his NutraPlanet orders, i hope it doesnt happen, the Dollar collapses and i can get my supps at super cheap prices :D

*tongue firmly in cheek*

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
As a brit who likes his NutraPlanet orders, i hope it doesnt happen, the Dollar collapses and i can get my supps at super cheap prices :D

*tongue firmly in cheek*
Read an economics book. If it doesnt happen and dollar collapses you'll be paying $150 for fishoil.

Bandaid solution.
Of course it's a bandaid solution. No one is denying that or trying to advertise it any other way. You've gotta stop the bleeding before you can remove the bullet.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Read an economics book. If it doesnt happen and dollar collapses you'll be paying $150 for fishoil.
Read a book yourself: if the dollar takes a dive, that "$150 fish oil" will cost him a few pence...

Of course it's a bandaid solution. No one is denying that or trying to advertise it any other way. You've gotta stop the bleeding before you can remove the bullet.
not always - sometimes you can't stop the bleeding til you get the bullet out.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I don't like the bail-out (any bail-out)

ONLY possible justification in my mind is to prevent something even worse. What could be worse? China dumping their US debt paper. If our gyrations put too big a hurt on China, there's a very good chance they'll do just that.

Why would they do that? For one thing, it would virtually eliminate the US as a major player on the world stage (kinda like what happened to the Ottoman Empire & Austro-Hungary, after WWI drained their treasuries). No more nagging about "human rights", "fair trade" & all that.

This is my bet for what supposedly shocked Congress into thinking they had to do something immediately
("I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy - you watch your @ss!")

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a game of chicken now.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on this?

House defeats $700B financial industry bailout

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writer
3 minutes ago

In a stunning vote that shocked the capital and worldwide markets, the House on Monday defeated a $700 billion emergency rescue for the nation's financial system, ignoring urgent warnings from President Bush and congressional leaders of both parties that the economy could nosedive without it.

Stocks plummeted on Wall Street even before the 228-205 vote to reject the bill was officially announced on the House floor.

As a digital screen in the House chamber recorded a cascade of "no" votes against the bailout, Democratic Rep. Joe Crowley of New York shouted news of the falling Dow Jones industrials. "Six hundred points!" he yelled, jabbing his thumb downward. The decline was about 650 points shortly before the close of the trading day.

Bush and a host of leading congressional figures had implored the lawmakers to pass the legislation despite howls of protest from their constituents back home. Not enough members were willing to take the political risk just five weeks before an election.

"No" votes came from both the Democratic and Republican sides of the aisle. More than two-thirds of Republicans and 40 percent of Democrats opposed the bill.

The overriding question for congressional leaders was what to do next. Congress has been trying to adjourn so that its members can go out and campaign. "We are ready to continue to work on this," said Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., chairman of the House Financial Services Committee.

"The legislation may have failed; the crisis is still with us," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in a news conference after the defeat.

Republicans blamed her scathing speech near the close of the debate — which attacked Bush's economic policies and a "right-wing ideology of anything goes, no supervision, no discipline, no regulation" of financial markets — for the current turmoil.

Frank said that was a remarkable accusation by Republicans against Republicans: "because somebody hurt their feelings, they decided to punish the country."

A White House spokesman said Bush was "very disappointed" in the vote.

The president will be meeting with members of his team later in the day "to determine next steps," said spokesman Tony Fratto.

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Questions or Comments
Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again, its a game of chicken.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
No matter what side of it you're on the bottom line is
It Sucks.

:bruce3:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vote all incumbents out.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
taken as it is, I honestly can't see the downside to Wall Street having to figure it out from scratch...I'd prefer the rest of us don't get any extra goo on us as a consequence.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I say let it dive......... IF that means little house on the prairie........so be it.............

Its bullshite that hardworking guys like myself, pay there dues, live within there means, dont over-extend and spend...............are going to suffer....

I'm sick of it.............All these fockers lived high on the hog, spending and spending, then when it comes time to pay..........they bail.

Poosies...............Weak...............Biatches

I say let it dive.............Let the market fix itself............

Another paycheck for the coat-tails before that focker W bails...........Its madness.

The bill will pass.............As soon as everyone gets there share.

It will pass........Thats whats really sad.............

BAND-AID, then collapse

The Real News Network - Story

Last edited:
Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
im pissd off with myself for not getting out completely of a small position i got into last week......now i have 1.5hrs until the aussie market opens and its looking like opening down 30% from friday. im still up but hardly worth it...who would have thought they wouldnt get the votes.....

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
taken as it is, I honestly can't see the downside to Wall Street having to figure it out from scratch...I'd prefer the rest of us don't get any extra goo on us as a consequence.
I think this is the first time I've agreed with you.

My thought on this is that the bailout will make the crash bigger when it does happen.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Friends,

Let me cut to the chase. The biggest robbery in the history of this country is taking place as you read this. Though no guns are being used, 300 million hostages are being taken. Make no mistake about it: After stealing a half trillion dollars to line the pockets of their war-profiteering backers for the past five years, after lining the pockets of their fellow oilmen to the tune of over a hundred billion dollars in just the last two years, Bush and his cronies -- who must soon vacate the White House -- are looting the U.S. Treasury of every dollar they can grab. They are swiping as much of the silverware as they can on their way out the door.

No matter what they say, no matter how many scare words they use, they are up to their old tricks of creating fear and confusion in order to make and keep themselves and the upper one percent filthy rich. Just read the first four paragraphs of the lead story in last Monday's New York Times and you can see what the real deal is:

"Even as policy makers worked on details of a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry, Wall Street began looking for ways to profit from it.

"Financial firms were lobbying to have all manner of troubled investments covered, not just those related to mortgages.

"At the same time, investment firms were jockeying to oversee all the assets that Treasury plans to take off the books of financial institutions, a role that could earn them hundreds of millions of dollars a year in fees.

"Nobody wants to be left out of Treasury's proposal to buy up bad assets of financial institutions."

Unbelievable. Wall Street and its backers created this mess and now they are going to clean up like bandits. Even Rudy Giuliani is lobbying for his firm to be hired (and paid) to "consult" in the bailout.

The problem is, nobody truly knows what this "collapse" is all about. Even Treasury Secretary Paulson admitted he doesn't know the exact amount that is needed (he just picked the $700 billion number out of his head!). The head of the congressional budget office said he can't figure it out nor can he explain it to anyone.

And yet, they are screeching about how the end is near! Panic! Recession! The Great Depression! Y2K! Bird flu! Killer bees! We must pass the bailout bill today!! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Falling for whom? NOTHING in this "bailout" package will lower the price of the gas you have to put in your car to get to work. NOTHING in this bill will protect you from losing your home. NOTHING in this bill will give you health insurance.

Health insurance? Mike, why are you bringing this up? What's this got to do with the Wall Street collapse?

It has everything to do with it. This so-called "collapse" was triggered by the massive defaulting and foreclosures going on with people's home mortgages. Do you know why so many Americans are losing their homes? To hear the Republicans describe it, it's because too many working class idiots were given mortgages that they really couldn't afford. Here's the truth: The number one cause of people declaring bankruptcy is because of medical bills. Let me state this simply: If we had had universal health coverage, this mortgage "crisis" may never have happened.

This bailout's mission is to protect the obscene amount of wealth that has been accumulated in the last eight years. It's to protect the top shareholders who own and control corporate America. It's to make sure their yachts and mansions and "way of life" go uninterrupted while the rest of America suffers and struggles to pay the bills. Let the rich suffer for once. Let them pay for the bailout. We are spending 400 million dollars a day on the war in Iraq. Let them end the war immediately and save us all another half-trillion dollars!

I have to stop writing this and you have to stop reading it. They are staging a financial coup this morning in our country. They are hoping Congress will act fast before they stop to think, before we have a chance to stop them ourselves. So stop reading this and do something -- NOW! Here's what you can do immediately:

1. Call or e-mail Senator Obama. Tell him he does not need to be sitting there trying to help prop up Bush and Cheney and the mess they've made. Tell him we know he has the smarts to slow this thing down and figure out what's the best route to take. Tell him the rich have to pay for whatever help is offered. Use the leverage we have now to insist on a moratorium on home foreclosures, to insist on a move to universal health coverage, and tell him that we the people need to be in charge of the economic decisions that affect our lives, not the barons of Wall Street.

2. Take to the streets. Participate in one of the hundreds of quickly-called demonstrations that are taking place all over the country (especially those near Wall Street and DC).

3. Call your Representative in Congress and your Senators. (click here to find their phone numbers). Tell them what you told Senator Obama.

When you screw up in life, there is hell to pay. Each and every one of you reading this knows that basic lesson and has paid the consequences of your actions at some point. In this great democracy, we cannot let there be one set of rules for the vast majority of hard-working citizens, and another set of rules for the elite, who, when they screw up, are handed one more gift on a silver platter. No more! Not again!

Yours,
Michael Moore
[email protected]
MichaelMoore.com

P.S. Having read further the details of this bailout bill, you need to know you are being lied to. They talk about how they will prevent golden parachutes. It says NOTHING about what these executives and fat cats will make in SALARY. According to Rep. Brad Sherman of California, these top managers will continue to receive million-dollar-a-month paychecks under this new bill. There is no direct ownership given to the American people for the money being handed over. Foreign banks and investors will be allowed to receive billion-dollar handouts. A large chunk of this $700 billion is going to be given directly to Chinese and Middle Eastern banks. There is NO guarantee of ever seeing that money again.

P.P.S. From talking to people I know in DC, they say the reason so many Dems are behind this is because Wall Street this weekend put a gun to their heads and said either turn over the $700 billion or the first thing we'll start blowing up are the pension funds and 401(k)s of your middle class constituents. The Dems are scared they may make good on their threat. But this is not the time to back down or act like the typical Democrat we have witnessed for the last eight years. The Dems handed a stolen election over to Bush. The Dems gave Bush the votes he needed to invade a sovereign country. Once they took over Congress in 2007, they refused to pull the plug on the war. And now they have been cowered into being accomplices in the crime of the century. You have to call them now and say "NO!" If we let them do this, just imagine how hard it will be to get anything good done when President Obama is in the White House. THESE DEMOCRATS ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS THE BACKBONE WE GIVE THEM. CALL CONGRESS NOW.
Im not a koolaid drinker, im not a left wing liberal and im not a cospiracy theorist.... this just makes sense.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Im not a koolaid drinker, im not a left wing liberal and im not a cospiracy theorist.... this just makes sense.
Actually that sounds like Michael Moore being just as crazy as always. I'm sure people who lost their $500,000 homes lost them because of medical bills and not because they only make about five digits to pay for all of that:icon_lol:.

P.S. Go watch Sicko!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the basic premise, but not with the reason the dems are passing the bill. They are passing it because they're in bed with Fannie and caused this fiasco.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Actually that sounds like Michael Moore being just as crazy as always. I'm sure people who lost their $500,000 homes lost them because of medical bills and not because they only make about five digits to pay for all of that:icon_lol:.

P.S. Go watch Sicko!
I have seen it, it raised valid questions and some strong statements. I cant say i like michael moore but i very much agree with alot of his statements. I seen his newer movie "slacker uprising" and thought it was good to see someone using free speech, gettting busy making a difference and standing up to their government if they see fit. I think all his films are biased, so be it, im not a puppet and that is the same reason i oppose this war, i oppose bill c-51, i oppose a northamerican union, i oppose rfid chips in my passport or body and oppose the bush administration because as far as i can tell he's not done one single thing that didnt benefit someone he knows are do the very least possible for his people.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I have seen it, it raised valid questions and some strong statements. I cant say i like michael moore but i very much agree with alot of his statements. I seen his newer movie "slacker uprising" and thought it was good to see someone using free speech, gettting busy making a difference and standing up to their government if they see fit. I think all his films are biased, so be it, im not a puppet and that is the same reason i oppose this war, i oppose bill c-51, i oppose a northamerican union, i oppose rfid chips in my passport or body and oppose the bush administration because as far as i can tell he's not done one single thing that didnt benefit someone he knows are do the very least possible for his people.
The "Sicko" part was a joke. I think I would probably be wasting my time arguing with you if you fear that the government is preparing to implant identification chips into its citizens, thereby signaling the end of days. :think:Good luck with that.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the basic premise, but not with the reason the dems are passing the bill. They are passing it because they're in bed with Fannie and caused this fiasco.
If what your alledging is true then isnt that a huge deal? and could you not conclude that at other points during this administration there has been higher agendas like this one? and a war on terror being the catalyst? causing fear and an opening. if said war was a planned catalyst then who really planned the attack? If terrorists did attack the twin towers then how is what has happened a solution.
Who do you suppose will "rescue" or buy these companies that are going to crumple when the economy crashes?
Take out 700B then inflate an allegedly fragile market effectively causing problems that either dont exist or were caused by said involved parties.... then use the stolen funds to snap up buisnesses and "liberate" the people and "save" the ecomony.
Be prepared for global elitist to purchase free america and be prepared to give blood when you want something from them.

Next is another illness being unleashed on the people like SARS was.. timely convenient and effective at causing fear.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

Like i said...........When everyone gets paid, the bill will pass.

What they are doing now is just fear tactics.........just like 9-11......

Its time to wake up people.

WE NEED TO CRASH.......... Let it happen, then lets rebuild.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The "Sicko" part was a joke. I think I would probably be wasting my time arguing with you if you fear that the government is preparing to implant identification chips into its citizens, thereby signaling the end of days. :think:Good luck with that.
I realise that it was a joke. You are wasting your time if you expect forum conversation to go "your way" or to "win" or that others are "inferior in knowledge to you". Wake up, who caused this mess, you? your neighbor? terrorists? it was the lady at the supermarket or wait it was the democrats.

You already have the rfid chip in your passport as we speak. You can be held without cause ,searched probed and tortured. You cant take finger nail clippers on a plane while
%95 percent of cargo and frieght go unchecked.
The federal reserve was implemented by global elitists much like the north american union and womans lib. It will take you years to look past your ego im sure, just like germans at the time thought they were doing somthing good by killing jews. I am not equating death tolls but rather brainwashing at its finest and consenting citizens controlled by fear.

Do you think saddam was the reason for iraq? do you think they will find osama? Do you think rich elitist care about you?
Your president it blaming you for this and you pay the tab, "it has to be done" riiight just like Iraqis HAD to be murdered for oil and Afghans had to be murdered as scapegoats. Now you are in the crosshairs and still support it. Im curious what you might say if i was worth your time? I really welcome the oportunity to be "informed" so that i can sleep better at night.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Back to the buyout............ please.

Somewhat i hear ya, but that stuff is all old news.

Our rights are gone, the money is spent.......

We have a new list of a s s raping about to happen.

Any economic majors around here?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I realise that it was a joke. You are wasting your time if you expect forum conversation to go "your way" or to "win" or that others are "inferior in knowledge to you". Wake up, who caused this mess, you? your neighbor? terrorists? it was the lady at the supermarket or wait it was the democrats.

You already have the rfid chip in your passport as we speak. You can be held without cause ,searched probed and tortured. You cant take finger nail clippers on a plane while
%95 percent of cargo and frieght go unchecked.
The federal reserve was implemented by global elitists much like the north american union and womans lib. It will take you years to look past your ego im sure, just like germans at the time thought they were doing somthing good by killing jews. I am not equating death tolls but rather brainwashing at its finest and consenting citizens controlled by fear.

Do you think saddam was the reason for iraq? do you think they will find osama? Do you think rich elitist care about you?
Your president it blaming you for this and you pay the tab, "it has to be done" riiight just like Iraqis HAD to be murdered for oil and Afghans had to be murdered as scapegoats. Now you are in the crosshairs and still support it. Im curious what you might say if i was worth your time? I really welcome the oportunity to be "informed" so that i can sleep better at night.
I think you definitely drank some Kool-Aid and it smells like "Zeitgeist." Good luck in life.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
American soliders told me them selves of how this is a war of oil, protecting saudi nationals protecting oil convoys and as well as some of the people. There is good being done no doubt and the soildiers are brave but this is insane and never HAD to happen. Then why did it? for money!
so if human lives are less important than making certain people money how can you say that you wont have a chip if its profitable for the right people? And if youve bought this crap for 8 years then why wont you be first in line when your told to do so?!?
"whats the matter you a terrorist, terrorists dont like getting chips in them"
"we are doing this to protect you, to protect your children, to protect freedom!!"
"a good christian hates terrorists and loves god and rfid chips!"
Even if the economy was in trouble how does making the rich richer help it? Give the gift of the superior knowledge i apparently lack.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
after todays step market declines it will happen sooner or later... i think its throwing good money after bad....

but we cant let the financing and lending practices to decease

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I think you definitely drank some Kool-Aid and it smells like "Zeitgeist." Good luck in life.
As my final remark in the off topic "old news" area, this news doesnt get old its history in the making and the hole gets deeper while slowmun is "slow" to realise it.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Are we going on a tangent folks? Somewhat is not too far out there.

I think alot of folks around here have taken the blue pill, with the Kool-Aid.

How about this? We stick our head in the sand and believe what fox news tells us.........want to?

Look boss, da plane, da plane.............

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
By fear mongering an impending crash of the market the market will then crash, investors pull money, people panic and the govt says it would have been worse had we not done it, or we did what we could. You cant materialise 700B in a deficit and inflate the market like that even under ideal conditions. Most economists (non paid or biased) would probably tell you there is no quick solutions in economics and meddling will probably cause the problems they allegedly intend to avoid. This "fix" isnt fixing anything.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
By fear mongering an impending crash of the market the market will then crash, investors pull money, people panic and the govt says it would have been worse had we not done it, or we did what we could. You cant materialise 700B in a deficit and inflate the market like that even under ideal conditions. Most economists (non paid or biased) would probably tell you there is no quick solutions in economics and meddling will probably cause the problems they allegedly intend to avoid. This "fix" isnt fixing anything.
Your exactly right.... Its a payday. Just not for you and me. lol

The A S S raping is coming.

This is going to hurt.

We are in a Lose-Lose scenario, at best.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
If i had a buisness in which you held stock and told you it was going to be crashing or failing what would you do? what do you think investors are doing right now? what will that cause?

Sooo why did he say it to the world? we know he doesnt need your support. The market will continue to fall and the rich will be there to buyout america at a bargain sale with a pocket full of free money and take it from the people.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Slow- mun thanks for the neg rep, it really contributes to the board that you essentially think im dumb for having an opinion that you dont agree with. Its my first neg... and i think we are adults here, so i refuse to engage you this way. Im airing it out because its a testament to you, im not afraid to say what i think, and that aggravates you somehow.

On topic - i usually stay out of political threads because of the delicate nature of the conversation, bottom line is you cant "win" here becasue its opinions hopefully based on some facts. this situation has gotten so out of control and completly rediculous that my life is affected by it and the coming madness if its allowed to continue.

I honestly hope that im very wrong and welcome intelligent debates or a sharing of knowledge. I will change if i am proven wrong, thats maturity.
I care about this world and as a human standing beside another human being violated i cant help but feel passionate about it. Whos next?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

You guys both sound like you have no idea about what this 'bail-out' will actually do or what it will allow. This isn't meant to be a fix. NO ONE in the treasury, or outside the media has said that.

Read a book yourself: if the dollar takes a dive, that "$150 fish oil" will cost him a few pence..
Edit: I see now that he is outside of the US. Touche.

Last edited:
slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Slow- mun thanks for the neg rep, it really contributes to the board that you essentially think im dumb for having an opinion that you dont agree with. Its my first neg... and i think we are adults here, so i refuse to engage you this way. Im airing it out because its a testament to you, im not afraid to say what i think, and that aggravates you somehow.

On topic - i usually stay out of political threads because of the delicate nature of the conversation, bottom line is you cant "win" here becasue its opinions hopefully based on some facts. this situation has gotten so out of control and completly rediculous that my life is affected by it and the coming madness if its allowed to continue.

I honestly hope that im very wrong and welcome intelligent debates or a sharing of knowledge. I will change if i am proven wrong, thats maturity.
I care about this world and as a human standing beside another human being violated i cant help but feel passionate about it. Whos next?
I negged you and put the word "fail" in the comment section. Its because your pun failed-

As my final remark in the off topic "old news" area, this news doesnt get old its history in the making and the hole gets deeper while slowmun is "slow" to realise it.
Are you upset?:icon_lol:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
You guys both sound like you have no idea about what this 'bail-out' will actually do or what it will allow. This isn't meant to be a fix. NO ONE in the treasury, or outside the media has said that.

Maybe if it was made in the US. Anywhere else, yes, prices will skyrocket.
My point rugger is that by saying the economy is dire, regaurdless of its actual standing, now it IS dire due to the market reaction. This in itself only serves the validity of the bail out and IMO does nothing just. This govt says it isnt ethical to use stem cell research to potentially cure cancer and a list of other urgent ailments, but will bend over backwards to dig into citizens pockets to save big buisness.

A struggling buisness, group or economy should never say publicly that it is so because people pull out when they think they may lose their money. That causes problems in itself, and as a result his bail out has already caused more direct economic impact regaurdless of the figures or motives behind it.
The dow and tsx fell through the floor after his announcement and now what he is going to do to fix the problem hes created (one way or another) only serves to fix aspects that benefit the few in the name of serving the many truly affected.

He's waiving a white flag and begging for change on the wall street so he and his buddies can buy the broken buisnesses they broke.

Last edited:

AM07

Awards
  • Established
**** everyone in Congress. If everyone in Congress died, 90% of America would be happy.

The main problem with our government is that it's too big, and there are no term limits on representatives and people in Congress. There NEEDS to be term limits to avoid *******s being on Capitol Hill for 10+ years and becoming corrupt as ****.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
There are no taxpayer funds going to this bailout, let's make that clear. There never has been. The treasury will issue bonds and sell them. What's at risk for the tax payer is the economy in general and what could happen if plan doesn't work. Let's also not forget that in 5,10,20 years all of these sub-prime securities could be sold by the government for profit.

now what he is going to do to fix the problem hes created (one way or another) only serves to fix aspects that benefit the few in the name of serving the many truly affected.

Seriously? No, that isn't what's going to happen. The government will be buying subprime and junk to allow banks to get out from the shadow and have the ability to lend reasonably again. You think they're doing this to benefit a few? Okay, watch this deal fall through and find no one able to get car loan, student loan, mortgage, or any sort of leasing. Let the market handle it? Watch millions of American's get booted out of their homes because banks are in desperate need of capital and what comes first? Foreclosures and repossessions, it would not be pretty. All liquid assets by banks would be snatched up. I assure you it is not to benefit a few. Surely it will continue the salaries of a few but the scope moves far beyond that.

Is the plan perfect? No. But something must be done. Is it a fix? NO!!!!! NO ONE ****ING SAID THAT. EVER!!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
YouTube - Bank Bail Out True Facts

Watch it before you discount it, then if you dont believe it research it yourself. Make the connection man, quit knit picking stupid linguistic errors.

There is also i great reply video on the youtube page this is from the guy is a little slow talking and has a dirty house but makes some great points, his name is heavenshotline.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
That guy is an idiot and almost everything he was blabbering about didn't make any sense. He kept on about Goldman and Lehman.....why? Neither of them got 'bailed out'.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
That guy is an idiot and almost everything he was blabbering about didn't make any sense. He kept on about Goldman and Lehman.....why? Neither of them got 'bailed out'.
You live in a cozy bubble and i wish not to disturb your slumber. carry on.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Im with ya somewhat..........

Things are not what they seem.

The problem is perception. We all perceive the same FACTS differently.

It really doesnt take much common sense to see the a s s raping the american people have had done to them over the last 2 presidential terms. We are getting 1 more final rapage before W gets out.

"Your crazy". That what i hear. In 2000 and 2004 i was raging to my friends and family. They same folks around me ,NOW, are scratching there heads wondering if maybe Im not all that crazy after all.

YouTube - Ron Paul on Alex Jones Show: Bailout deal equals dictatorship (pt.1)

Last edited:
RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
**** everyone in Congress. If everyone in Congress died, 90% of America would be happy.

The main problem with our government is that it's too big, and there are no term limits on representatives and people in Congress. There NEEDS to be term limits to avoid *******s being on Capitol Hill for 10+ years and becoming corrupt as ****.
Agreed....term limits and campaign finance reform.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Im with ya somewhat..........

Things are not what they seem.

The problem is perception. We all perceive the same FACTS differently.

It really doesnt take much common sense to see the a s s raping the american people have had done to them over the last 2 presidential terms. We are getting 1 more final rapage before W gets out.

"Your crazy". That what i hear. In 2000 and 2004 i was raging to my friends and family. They same folks around me ,NOW, are scratching there heads wondering if maybe Im not all that crazy after all.

YouTube - Ron Paul on Alex Jones Show: Bailout deal equals dictatorship (pt.1)

1 last rapage huh? Seriously read the bill. You're making it more apparent that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited: