Bill Clinton says Dems shouldn't attack Palin

1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Posted: 07:40 AM ET

From CNN's Alex Mooney

Bill Clinton said Dems shouldn't attack Palin.
    (CNN) — Bill Clinton said Monday the Democratic ticket should steer clear of launching personal attacks on Sarah Palin over her relatively thin resume, and instead acknowledge she was a "good choice" for the No. 2 spot on the GOP ticket.

"Why say, ever, anything bad about a person? Why don't we like them and celebrate them and be happy for her elevation to the ticket? And just say that she was a good choice for him and we disagree with them?" said Clinton, who faced repeated charges during the primary season he was overly negative toward Obama on the campaign trail.

Clinton's comments appear to echo advice Karl Rove gave to Barack Obama in his regular Wall Street Journal column last week, when the former Bush strategist noted attacking the VP candidate has rarely proven to be an effective strategy.

In one of the former president's few extended comments to date on Palin's surprise VP candidacy, Clinton also told reporters in New York Monday he knows why the Alaska governor is attracting massive crowds on the campaign trail.

"I come from Arkansas, I get why she's hot out there," Clinton told reporters in New York, according to the Associated Press. "Why she's doing well."

"People look at her, and they say, 'All those kids. Something that happens in everybody's family I'm glad she loves her daughter and she's not ashamed of her. Glad that girl's going around with her boyfriend. Glad they're going to get married,'" he said.

Referencing Palin's 5-month old child who has Down Syndrome, Clinton also said voters will think, "I like that little Down syndrome kid — one of them lives down the street, they're wonderful children.”

Earlier Monday, Clinton suggested his wife, Sen. Hillary Clinton, would have been a better political choice for the Democratic VP spot than Joe Biden.

“She would have been the best politically, at least in the short run, because of her enormous support of the country,“ he said on the daytime talk show The View.

Don't listen to him. Please keep attacking
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Professional Member

Living in Alaska, Palin was about as far removed from the 'American' experience as one can get. But, that's not an attack...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Living in Alaska, Palin was about as far removed from the 'American' experience as one can get. But, that's not an attack...
    Why is that? Alaska is America's last great frontier, settled by pioneers who went there to better themselves through gold, salmon, lumber and oil. Alaska is the quintessential American experience.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Why is that? Alaska is America's last great frontier, settled by pioneers who went there to better themselves through gold, salmon, lumber and oil. Alaska is the quintessential American experience.

Exactly!

That's why she had a $35k tanning bed installed in the governor's mansion, wears $700 frames, and advocates shooting moose from helicopters.

PEOPLE IN MIDDLE AMERICA CAN LIKE TOTALLY IDENTIFY WITH HER!!11!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant View Post
    Exactly!

That's why she had a $35k tanning bed installed in the governor's mansion, wears $700 frames, and advocates shooting moose from helicopters.

Probably more than the poor can identify with Edwards $500 haircuts....
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Probably more than the poor can identify with Edwards $500 haircuts....
    An equally out of touch guy who would have abandoned that platform once in office.
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Exactly!

It was bought used from a health club with her own money.

Next!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think the point is middle america would not relate regardless.

However, there is not one of the 4 that are relateable to the average American IMO
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  9. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

An equally out of touch guy who would have abandoned that platform once in office.
    Do you post anything other than far left sh*t on this body building board?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Do you post anything other than far left sh*t on this body building board?

Adams
    Do you respond to anything favorably other than the far right sh*t on this bodybuilding board. btw, John McCain wears $570 Ferragamo shoes. If you can afford it, why not. However being a child of relative privilege, he knows very little of how regular folks live. That being said there are many pols on both sides that this could be said of.

:bruce3:
  11. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Do you respond to anything favorably other than the far right sh*t on this bodybuilding board. btw, John McCain wears $570 Ferragamo shoes. If you can afford it, why not. However being a child of relative privilege, he knows very little of how regular folks live. That being said there are many pols on both sides that this could be said of.

Actually, look through my post history there square pants. I predominantly (sp?) post in threads other than political bullsh*t. You must have misread my previous statement.

BTW, I don't care about any of the front runners of this race. John McCain can eat with a damn golden spoon while wiping his ass with 6 ply, and it wouldn't matter to me. As much as I could care less if McCain was in, Obama would be much worse.

Time to buy you a new thinking cap.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Actually, look through my post history there square pants. I predominantly (sp?) post in threads other than political bullsh*t. You must have misread my previous statement.

BTW, I don't care about any of the front runners of this race. John McCain can eat with a damn golden spoon while wiping his ass with 6 ply, and it wouldn't matter to me. As much as I could care less if McCain was in, Obama would be much worse.

Time to buy you a new thinking cap.

Adams
    Are you accusing me of being Spongebob Lighten up Captain. If the truth be known, I could give a burly rats a$$ who you or for that matter anyone on this board is voting for. I just enjoy the banter. Carry on

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. bill clinton, got to miss that guy.
    By nomoredex in forum Politics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 06:09 PM
  2. Clinton cancels appearance over Palin
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
  3. Bill Clinton -the good ole' days!!!