Matt Damon - Palin

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Matt Damon - Palin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxkrm9uEJk"]YouTube - Damon Condemns Palin[/ame]

•   

2. Matt Damon is SO important. Everyone should listen to him......

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Matt Damon is SO important. Everyone should listen to him......
    agreed!

i dont know man if u seen his bourne movies but mr damon dont mess around!

4. Just because he IS famous doesn't mean that his opinion is any less important than yours or mine. Especially if he was asked. It's also absurd to assume that celebrity=no political idea.

That being said, I could follow his concerns, even if I don't share them, until he threw in the religious concern and pushing a nuclear 'button'
    •   

5. but what does Bono think?
    that's all that really matters anyway.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just because he IS famous doesn't mean that his opinion is any less important than yours or mine.
    That's the point, kind of.
    The problem that bothers people is that the media portrays his opinion as more important. Why else would this story be all over the media? Shouldn't my opinion get some national news coverage?

7. Not really, you and I don't have the attention of as many people. However, you can easily put your **** on youtube

Scale down your concerns to something you and I might have in common with actors. In social circle you're valued in, do you get more 'time and attention' that another person that isn't held as highly as you are? Hell, use this board as an example. Some people here have more of a voice that people will listen to than someone else who may have better advice but isn't known yet.

I have no problem with them getting more exposure. I have a problem with people automatically thinking their ideas have merit based soley off their celebrity status.

8. Matt Damon...

Matt Damon!

9. Damn you Hurley! I was gonna post that!

Matt Damon
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

10. here is another crazy video i dont know if ut has been posted here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM3oww9Vk-c&"]YouTube - FOX Attacks Obama Like Kerry[/ame]

11. Thats so fuckn awesome, "I NEED to know if she thought dinasaurs were here 4,000 years ago."

12. Yeah, its so awesome...its "dinosaurs".
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

13. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Yeah, its so awesome...its "dinosaurs".
    What was the point of correcting me, are you an evangelical?

14. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    What was the point of correcting me, are you an evangelical?
    No, but if you want to be condescending to those who are, expect a response.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

15. Look, it's Fat Damon

16. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    No, but if you want to be condescending to those who are, expect a response.
    So you want someone who thinks the world is 6,000 years old running the country? That sounds like a rational human being capable of sound judgement....

17. "she's gonna have the nuclear codes" ROFLMAO

18. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    So you want someone who thinks the world is 6,000 years old running the country? That sounds like a rational human being capable of sound judgement....

You do understand that JFK was Catholic don't you?

19. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    You do understand that JFK was Catholic don't you?
    And look what it got him.

20. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    And look what it got him.
    And your point? He was shot because he was Catholic?

21. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    And your point? He was shot because he was Catholic?
    No, I just wanted to see what your response would be

22. Right.

23. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Right.
    Left.

24. I would be willing to take an uneducated guess and say the majority of the US presidents believed in God and that the world was only a few thousand years old. I would also be more worried about other beliefs to consider them of sound judgement moreso than the world's birthdate.

25. well isint it better to believe what the majority do or else u wont be accepted by the majority of people (look at u like a wacko?)

26. Quote Originally Posted by mr j View Post
    well isint it better to believe what the majority do or else u wont be accepted by the majority of people (look at u like a wacko?)

What if the majority is wacko?

27. ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

28. Quote Originally Posted by mr j View Post
    well isint it better to believe what the majority do or else u wont be accepted by the majority of people (look at u like a wacko?)
    No. That kind of thinking gets you listening to pop music, eating fast food and buying country albums.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
  2. Naylin Palin?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
  3. What it will be like with Palin as President!
    By Jayhawkk in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:37 PM
  4. Sarah Palin
    By manifesto in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
  5. Sliming Palin
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 09:54 PM