Matt Damon - Palin

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Why would you buy country albums if you listen to pop music? Wouldn't you buy pop albums?
    "Country" music today is just hillybilly's singing pop music.

    It was more a statement about thinking for yourself and avoiding being a herd animal.
    •   
       


  2. What kind of state is the US electoral system in when the number 1 topic about the candidates is religion?!

    AFAIK, in the US there are rules separating church and state, they're there for a reason.

    I'm from the UK and whilst i'm sure that if a Muslim was running for Prime Minister then yes that fact would get media attention but it wouldn't cause this mass uproar that the CHANCE the Barrack Obama being a muslim seems to be in the US.

    Is the fact that he is black, a heavily debated issue? what about that Palin is a woman, is this causing large advertising campaigns of "dont vote for her, she's a WOMAN". No, because its sexist. So why is a person's religion such a happily discussed thing?

  3. Because it's bound to be something and sexism and racism is fround upon. They can discuss particulars in a religion and make it sound like it's based on intelligent reasoning... In some cases, it's a legit concern.

    Black !=Fanatic/Lunatic
    Woman!=Fanatic/Lunatic
    Certain religions/parts of a religion=Fanatic/Lunatic

  4. The Media actually gave a shit about Britney Spears's opinion about wanting the rest of the US to support Bush in all of his decisions as President, even his decision to go to war with Iraq.
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    What kind of state is the US electoral system in when the number 1 topic about the candidates is religion?!

    AFAIK, in the US there are rules separating church and state, they're there for a reason.

    I'm from the UK and whilst i'm sure that if a Muslim was running for Prime Minister then yes that fact would get media attention but it wouldn't cause this mass uproar that the CHANCE the Barrack Obama being a muslim seems to be in the US.

    Is the fact that he is black, a heavily debated issue? what about that Palin is a woman, is this causing large advertising campaigns of "dont vote for her, she's a WOMAN". No, because its sexist. So why is a person's religion such a happily discussed thing?
    Reps for this obeservation.

    The fact of the matter is that it is human nature to think that you are right/superior, and that people who are not like you are wrong/inferior.

    In the US there exist certain protected "classes" that cannot be critically or honestly discussed (unless critical or honest discussion means to never mention anything that could be construed as being a negative trait or circumstance).

    Some examples of these protected classes are as follows:

    Women
    Americans of African origin, both sexes
    Homosexuals


    This explains why race and sex are not being openly discussed as issues in the election, because there are thousands of PC police just waiting to make the charge of racism/sexism.

    However religious Americans are not currently a protected class in the US. The PC police have pushed to make Muslims off limits, but they aren't there yet. But don't kid yourself it is always open season on Christians, and you can expect the criticism of a Christian candidate to come up in every election where one is running for office.

    The hypocrisy of the situation is astounding, as the same people who routinely call for the "equal" and "fair" treatment of minorities, women, Muslims, homosexuals, are the same people who will attack someone for their Christian beliefs in a heartbeat.

    Which brings us back full circle to my original point. It is human nature to believe that you are right and folks who do not believe as you are wrong, or at the very least not as correct as you. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with feeling this way. The problem comes in when you discriminate, abuse, and even publicly ridicule those who do not think as you do. But this will always be a problem, and this is why it is unfair to make "protected classes" unless of course you are willing to make everyone a "protected class".

    Of course we could always just treat other people the way that we would like to be treated, but saying this is probably not allowed since this statement has been uttered by a controversial religious figure.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    However religious Americans are not currently a protected class in the US.
    Lets be clear about something, there is not discussion about sex and race because those aren't choices. Having an illogical, scientifically disputable, belief system is totally different.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    I'm from the UK and whilst i'm sure that if a Muslim was running for Prime Minister then yes that fact would get media attention but it wouldn't cause this mass uproar that the CHANCE the Barrack Obama being a muslim seems to be in the US.
    Barack obama maybe being muslim only scares those people who would never vote for him in the first place, so its really a non issue.

    And if you live any were near london, then you know that a muslim prime minister would cause a sh!t storm of epic proportions, you cant tell me your country isn't segregated by race and religion.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Lets be clear about something, there is not discussion about sex and race because those aren't choices. Having an illogical, scientifically disputable, belief system is totally different.
    There is never a discussion about sex or race, forget the presidential election for a moment and look at the big picture.

    If you say something that is not pc about a particular race you are a racist, if you say something that is not pc about a woman then you are a sexist.

    Having a child and abandoning it is a choice, not a genetic trait, yet I would be a called a racist for pointing out the fact that this is more commonplace among African Americans as opposed to Asian Americans. This is an example of an issue not being discussed because in America the discussion of black issues by anyone outside of the black community is taboo.

    This is a fact, and my point stands.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    There is never a discussion about sex or race, forget the presidential election for a moment and look at the big picture.

    This is a fact, and my point stands.
    There is a lack of open discussion on nearly every topic you can think of from taxes to drugs, thats not the issue. Your mad because your a religous person trying to defend the religion you picked to follow.

    I'm merely making an observation that just because palin bleeds out her vagina once a month, doesnt mean that she cant make a rational decision. And just because obama needs to moisturize constantly to keep from geting ashy, doesnt mean he cant think straight. But anyone who would be so thick as to believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, i wouldnt let them cut my lawn, much less run the country.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    There is a lack of open discussion on nearly every topic you can think of from taxes to drugs, thats not the issue. Your mad because your a religous person trying to defend the religion you picked to follow.

    I'm merely making an observation that just because palin bleeds out her vagina once a month, doesnt mean that she cant make a rational decision. And just because obama needs to moisturize constantly to keep from geting ashy, doesnt mean he cant think straight. But anyone who would be so thick as to believe the earth is only 6,000 years old, i wouldnt let them cut my lawn, much less run the country.
    At what point in this thread have I attempted to defend any religion? I simply pointed out the hypocrisy surrounding this issue.

    Has Palin even gone on record as being a creationist? As far as I know she has said no such thing. I am a Christian, but I do not believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old. Faith in Christ has nothing to do with the age of the Earth. Apparantly by your definition I would not be a creationist, nor would Sarah Palin.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    At what point in this thread have I attempted to defend any religion? I simply pointed out the hypocrisy surrounding this issue.

    Has Palin even gone on record as being a creationist? As far as I know she has said no such thing. I am a Christian, but I do not believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old. Faith in Christ has nothing to do with the age of the Earth. Apparantly by your definition I would not be a creationist, nor would Sarah Palin.

    Post #36

    She has not personally commented on the subject yet, to my knowledge. This started out as some harmless bashing of antiquated superstitions, and now you got me on a fact finding mission

  12. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Post #36

    She has not personally commented on the subject yet, to my knowledge. This started out as some harmless bashing of antiquated superstitions, and now you got me on a fact finding mission

    What you call defending a religion, I call pointing out a glaring double standard.

    After you finish bashing antiquated superstitions how bout you head over to a Black Panther forum and bash some of their beliefs, followed by a trip to the nearest Islamic forum and do some bashing of their superstions, and finally end the journey with a trip to a feminist website and bash some of their beliefs.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    At what point in this thread have I attempted to defend any religion? I simply pointed out the hypocrisy surrounding this issue.

    Has Palin even gone on record as being a creationist? As far as I know she has said no such thing. I am a Christian, but I do not believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old. Faith in Christ has nothing to do with the age of the Earth. Apparantly by your definition I would not be a creationist, nor would Sarah Palin.
    Just expanding on what you said in bold.

    In the book of Genesis, a day was an arbitrarily defined period of time. If you look at carbon dating, which makes the assumption that we know how much C14 was in the carbon-dated material at its point of origin, time is defined in SI units, where a day is defined as 24 hours. Take both with a grain of salt. We really don't know exactly how old the planet is.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Dadof2 View Post
    What you call defending a religion, I call pointing out a glaring double standard.

    After you finish bashing antiquated superstitions how bout you head over to a Black Panther forum and bash some of their beliefs, followed by a trip to the nearest Islamic forum and do some bashing of their superstions, and finally end the journey with a trip to a feminist website and bash some of their beliefs.
    Not the same thing, equal rights is not similar to the richest corporations in the world (christian based religions).

    And bashing may be a harsh word, how about pointing out how childish and ignorant some things(people) are.

    About 20sec in, till the end. And yes i know im going to catch sh!t for the source of this example

    YouTube - Sherri Shepherd Needs A History Lesson

  15. man i luv that video of him gettin all hot

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Hurleyboy05 View Post
    Matt Damon...



    Matt Damon!
    Ah, "Team America: World Police." Its still as relevant today as it was four years ago.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
  2. Naylin Palin?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
  3. What it will be like with Palin as President!
    By Jayhawkk in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:37 PM
  4. Sarah Palin
    By manifesto in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
  5. Sliming Palin
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Log in
Log in