Less than half of the World believes Al-Qaeda was responsible for 9/11

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well lets see.... approximately 26% of the worlds population is muslim. Now I'm sure they all don't feel that way, but I'd be willing to guess the vast majority does. That only leaves another 25% to find. Umm.... Not hard to find 25% of the world that hates the US. (But its amazing how many of them come here for college and for medical treatment, not to mention the ones who come here for welfare)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NEWSFLASH - Have you ever observed how stupid the "average" person is? Now realize that they are at the apex of the bell curve, meaning statistically half the world is even dumber.

This news should not surprise you at all.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Well lets see.... approximately 26% of the worlds population is muslim. Now I'm sure they all don't feel that way, but I'd be willing to guess the vast majority does. That only leaves another 25% to find. Umm.... Not hard to find 25% of the world that hates the US. (But its amazing how many of them come here for college and for medical treatment, not to mention the ones who come here for welfare)

Good point, but what does anyone have to gain by lying about who attacked us on 911?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
NEWSFLASH - Have you ever observed how stupid the "average" person is? Now realize that they are at the apex of the bell curve, meaning statistically half the world is even dumber.

This news should not surprise you at all.

The people being polled would have to have access to the internet or I'm assuming phone line. This must place them a bit higher one would think.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The people being polled would have to have access to the internet or I'm assuming phone line. This must place them a bit higher one would think.
Have you ever been in an AOL chatroom?

Argument disproven. :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Good point, but what does anyone have to gain by lying about who attacked us on 911?

Trillions of dollars......... Its not rocket science.

BTW, This thread is a pandora's box.........

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of people who would do anything to put the US in a bad light because of their hatred and jealousy of the US . Hell some of them are AMERICANS. Just look at the EXTREME left, or conspiracy lovers. Take your pick.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Who really cares what that half of the world believes. A fundamentalist muslim who hates the U.S is the same , no matter what group name they go by. btw, in their view, the holocaust didn't happen either.

:bruce3:

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of people who would do anything to put the US in a bad light because of their hatred and jealousy of the US . Hell some of them are AMERICANS. Just look at the EXTREME left, or conspiracy lovers. Take your pick.

Yup

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not quite. A doctor. Give it a half a chance.

I dont hate America, and I am not an extreme leftist.

I am merely giving some insight, on who may benefit from 911.

Come on guys. Have you been awake the last 7 years?
Consipricy theories that America did this is a joke. I have seen this before, from other people who write blatant BS. I have been awake the last 7 years, and also know that another attack hasn't happened on US soil. I became part of the solution, instead of blowing smoke about the problem. Stuff like this has been written by moveon.org for A LONG TIME... each having their own agenda. Just the thought that people read this garbage and take it in as truth is sickening to me. Just like the one that a plane didn't hit the pentagon... pure propaganda to sway the american public into their way of thinking.

Adams

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Consipricy theories that America did this is a joke. I have seen this before, from other people who write blatant BS. I have been awake the last 7 years, and also know that another attack hasn't happened on US soil. I became part of the solution, instead of blowing smoke about the problem. Stuff like this has been written by moveon.org for A LONG TIME... each having their own agenda. Just the thought that people read this garbage and take it in as truth is sickening to me. Just like the one that a plane didn't hit the pentagon... pure propaganda to sway the american public into their way of thinking.

Adams
ya know what. It isnt worth it.....

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ummm...............ok..............terrorist with box cutters........ yeah your right.............

lol...........

You mean this vid.....

Pentagon Strike

yeah it looks fake to me ..........lol

more propaganda for ya.

The Destruction of the World Trade Center:

Funny, cause I can see real debris in all the unadultered photos. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread79655/pg1

Oh and a conspiricy of that maginitude that would involve that many people with absolutely no evidence left behind is absolute bull. Not one person involved stepped forward? nothing? A weapon is a weapon, and in the face of such you don't know how one will react.

Adams

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I just posted a poll review, but it's cool if you want to call me a crazy conspiracy theorist if it helps you sleep at night.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
im not going into this 911 debate. We did this a couple years ago already.

The Thermal energy required to drop both towers does not correlate to the amount of jet fuel those airliners could carry. Simple physics.

I choose to believe the "official story" to be far from accurate.

Run a poll on this. Then get back with me.

Im out. Been there done this. Im done.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
The Thermal energy required to drop both towers does not correlate to the amount of jet fuel those airliners could carry. Simple physics. .
Since it's so simple, I'd like you explain it for me, because I don't know anything about physics.

Based on rough estimates and my liberal arts math skills, I found that a 737 traveling 500mph produces 227406400000000 joules of energy.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im not going into this 911 debate. We did this a couple years ago already.

The Thermal energy required to drop both towers does not correlate to the amount of jet fuel those airliners could carry. Simple physics.

I choose to believe the "official story" to be far from accurate.

Run a poll on this. Then get back with me.

Im out. Been there done this. Im done.
Did you read the article that rugger posted? Because apparently not all physics professors agree with you in a sense.

Adams

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
There is also the fact that they were not allowed to treat the supporting steel beams with the asbestos coating that was called for in the original designs. Why?? Because of extremest environmentalists.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Did you read the article that rugger posted? Because apparently not all physics professors agree with you in a sense.

Adams
Okay man. I cant change the way people perceive 911 and its following events. The official story is not accurate. Each person has to come to his own terms on how much of the "official story" they choose to believe.

Here we go again.

9-11 Research: Papers

The 9/11 Operation: A Summary

9/11 Conspiracy

http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/200704/ProfMorroneOnMeltingWTCsteel.pdf

Hoffman: The North Tower's Dust Cloud - Physics911

Heres a good start.

ps. I threw one in as a distractor.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay man. I cant change the way people perceive 911 and its following events. The official story is not accurate. Each person has to come to his own terms on how much of the "official story" they chose to believe.

Here we go again.

9/11 Conspiracy

http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/200704/ProfMorroneOnMeltingWTCsteel.pdf

Heres a good start.

you are right, discussing this is useless. I have read what you have posted, but you seem to ignore what was posted from the other side. Each and every one of the articles you have posted has already been debunked. We obviously wont change each others mind. Just thinking so grotesquely of your own people really bothers me.

Adams

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Okay man. I cant change the way people perceive 911 and its following events. The official story is not accurate. Each person has to come to his own terms on how much of the "official story" they choose to believe.

Here we go again.

9/11 Conspiracy

Heres a good start.

I'll take the research of PopularMechanics and their contributors over your tin-hat websites, thanks.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"Why?? Because of extremest environmentalists."

Yeah, that's why. :lol::thumbsup:

I'm under the impression that non-environmentalists enjoy mesothelioma and gastric cancer about as much as environmentalists.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This statement is ripe with ignorance (not an insult, but strictly speaking).

Radical Islamists hail the 9/11 perpetrators as heroes and martyrs, why would they deny it occurring? The vast majority of Muslims (akin to Christians) who are not Radical universally condemn the attacks. Your point is very weak, IMO.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This statement is ripe with ignorance (not an insult, but strictly speaking).

Radical Islamists hail the 9/11 perpetrators as heroes and martyrs, why would they deny it occurring? The vast majority of Muslims (akin to Christians) who are not Radical universally condemn the attacks. Your point is very weak, IMO.

Less than 25% of Muslims blame al-Qaeda for 9/11 attacks
Big News Network.com Wednesday 25th April, 2007

An in-depth poll of four major Muslim countries has found that in all of them large majorities believe that undermining Islam is a key goal of US foreign policy.

Most want US military forces out of the Middle East and many approve of attacks on US troops there.

Most respondents have mixed feelings about al Qaeda. Large majorities agree with many of its goals, but believe that terrorist attacks on civilians are contrary to Islam.

There is strong support for enhancing the role of Islam in all of the countries polled, through such measures as the imposition of sharia (Islamic law). This does not mean that they want to isolate their societies from outside influences: Most view globalization positively and favor democracy and freedom of religion.

These findings are from surveys in Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan, and Indonesia conducted from December 2006 to February, 2007 by WorldPublicOpinion.org with support from the START Consortium at the University of Maryland.

Large majorities across all four countries believe the United States seeks to, “weaken and divide the Islamic world.” On average 79 percent say they perceive this as a US goal, ranging from 73 percent in Indonesia and Pakistan to 92 percent in Egypt. Equally large numbers perceive that the United States is trying to maintain “control over the oil resources of the Middle East” (average 79%). Strong majorities (average 64%) even believe it is a US goal to “spread Christianity in the region.”

“While US leaders may frame the conflict as a war on terrorism, people in the Islamic world clearly perceive the US as being at war with Islam,” said Steven Kull, editor of WorldPublicOpinion.org.

Consistent with this concern, large majorities in all countries (average 74%) support the goal of getting the United States to “remove its bases and military forces from all Islamic countries,” ranging from 64 percent in Indonesia to 92 percent in Egypt.

Substantial numbers also favor attacks on US troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in the Persian Gulf. Across the four countries polled approximately half support such attacks in each location, while three in ten are opposed. But there is substantial variation between countries: Support is strongest in Egypt, where at least eight in ten approve of attacking US troops in the region. A majority of Moroccans also support targeting US forces, whether stationed in the Persian Gulf (52%) or fighting in Iraq (68%). Pakistanis are divided about attacks on the American military, many do not answer or express mixed feelings, while Indonesians oppose them.

However, respondents roundly reject attacks on civilians. Asked about politically-motivated attacks on civilians, such as bombings or assassinations, majorities in all countries—usually overwhelming majorities—take the strongest position offered by saying such violence cannot be justified at all. More than three out of four Indonesians (84%), Pakistanis (81%), and Egyptians (77%) take this position, as well as 57 percent of Moroccans (an additional 19 percent of Moroccans say such attacks can only be “weakly justified”).

Attitudes toward al-Qaeda are complex. On average, only three in ten view Osama bin Laden positively. Many respondents express mixed feelings about bin Laden and his followers and many others declined to answer.

There is strong disapproval of attacks by “groups that use violence against civilians, such as al-Qaeda.” Large majorities in Egypt (88%), Indonesia (65%) and Morocco (66%) agree that such groups “are violating the principles of Islam.” Pakistanis are divided, however, with many not answering.

But there is also uncertainty about whether al-Qaeda actually conducts such attacks. On average less than one in four believes al-Qaeda was responsible for September 11th attacks. Pakistanis are the most skeptical, only 3 percent think al-Qaeda did it. There is no consensus about who is responsible for the attacks on New York and Washington; the most common answer is “don’t know.”

Most significantly, large majorities approve of many of al-Qaeda’s principal goals. Large majorities in all countries (average 70 percent or higher) support such goals as: “stand up to Americans and affirm the dignity of the Islamic people,” “push the US to remove its bases and its military forces from all Islamic countries,” and “pressure the United States to not favor Israel.”

Equally large majorities agree with goals that involve expanding the role of Islam in their society. On average, about three out of four agree with seeking to “require Islamic countries to impose a strict application of sharia,” and to “keep Western values out of Islamic countries.” Two-thirds would even like to “unify all Islamic counties into a single Islamic state or caliphate.”

But this does not appear to mean that the publics in these Muslim countries want to isolate themselves from the larger world. Asked how they feel about “the world becoming more connected through greater economic trade and faster communication,” majorities in all countries say it is a good thing (average 75%). While wary of Western values, overall 67 percent agree that “a democratic political system” is a good way to govern their country and 82 percent agree that in their country “people of any religion should be free to worship according to their own beliefs.”

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen that; maybe I missed it in my initial pass, but could you point to where they isolate Muslims as the sample population? Let me clarify:

This poll was conducted with Egyptians, Moroccans, Pakistanis, and Indonesians, not necessarily Muslims (though each of these countries has a strong, almost exclusive Muslim contingent. Further, did you read the methods section? Where they polled both urban and rural respondents?

Telling me that a rural Muslim (who probably has no access to internet, cable, and so on) is not sure who perpetrated 9/11 hardly condemns the Muslim world.

lol, I love how you missed this part:

There is strong disapproval of attacks by “groups that use violence against civilians, such as al-Qaeda.” Large majorities in Egypt (88%), Indonesia (65%) and Morocco (66%) agree that such groups “are violating the principles of Islam.” Pakistanis are divided, however, with many not answering.

But there is also uncertainty about whether al-Qaeda actually conducts such attacks. On average less than one in four believes al-Qaeda was responsible for September 11th attacks. Pakistanis are the most skeptical, only 3 percent think al-Qaeda did it. There is no consensus about who is responsible for the attacks on New York and Washington; the most common answer is “don’t know.”
LOL!

The most common answer being "I do not know", is more indicative than the 1/4 who mistakingly do not believe al-Qaeda is responsible. Do you read these things before posting?

:D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have seen that; maybe I missed it in my initial pass, but could you point to where they isolate Muslims as the sample population? Let me clarify:

This poll was conducted with Egyptians, Moroccans, Pakistanis, and Indonesians, not necessarily Muslims (though each of these countries has a strong, almost exclusive Muslim contingent. Further, did you read the methods section? Where they polled both urban and rural respondents?

Telling me that a rural Muslim (who probably has no access to internet, cable, and so on) is not sure who perpetrated 9/11 hardly condemns the Muslim world.

lol, I love how you missed this part:

LOL!

The most common answer being "I do not know", is more indicative than the 1/4 who mistakingly do not believe al-Qaeda is responsible. Do you read these things before posting?

:D

Ummm.....

I actually posted the article to show that both arguments about "majority" aren't accurate.

But do continue Mullet, its fun wathcing you go off on some tangent. :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the question is, do you assume too much before posting. :stick: :D:
No; I said that Radical Islamists hail the attacks, and the vast majority of Muslims condemn it. Then, you posted a poll saying that the majority of Egyptians, Moroccans, Pakistanis, and Indonesians condemn attacks on civilians. Haha, are you trying to prove my point?

:fool2:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and the vast majority of Muslims condemn it. Then, you posted a poll saying that the majority of Egyptians, Moroccans, Pakistanis, and Indonesians condemn attacks on civilians. Haha, are you trying to prove my point?

Actually, I'm not trying to prove anything. I simply posted an article showing a vast difference in the opinions among Muslims all over the world and that nobody can really state the "majority" think a certain way.

But have fun trying... :lol:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
All I know is two people who were very good friends of mine and scores of others who I came to know through their relatives and friends, died that day. I believe the truth is pretty evident as to who was behind it. Like I said before I don't GAF what anybody else believes about it. This is a day that we should be remembering the ones lost and honoring their memory, not arguing
about what the muslim world believes.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I know is two people who were very good friends of mine and scores of others who I came to know through their relatives and friends, died that day. I believe the truth is pretty evident as to who was behind it. Like I said before I don't GAF what anybody else believes about it. This is a day that we should be remembering the ones lost and honoring their memory, not arguing
about what the muslim world believes.

Agreed 100%!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, I'm not trying to prove anything. I simply posted an article showing a vast difference in the opinions among Muslims all over the world and that nobody can really state the "majority" think a certain way.
Hold on, rather than argue I'll use exact quotes:

The vast majority of Muslims (akin to Christians) who are not Radical universally condemn the attacks. Your point is very weak, IMO.
Condemn can stand in for disapproval. Haha, you can keep typing to be more wrong; I'm always game to show you up.

But have fun trying...
Trying? I wouldn't flatter yourself B. No trying necessary when it comes to debating with you. :)

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hold on, rather than argue I'll use exact quotes:

Condemn can stand in for disapproval. Haha, you can keep typing to be more wrong; I'm always game to show you up.

Trying? I wouldn't flatter yourself B. No trying necessary when it comes to debating with you. :)

Wow. You are full of yourself.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is that, because I asked you if you know what a joke is? Please, if you are trying to be intentionally inflammatory I am already over it. I have had a long day, and am not in the mood for your bullshit.

Go read some prior political threads, and realize how you are being an ass; then come back with your snide commentary.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How is that, because I asked you if you know what a joke is? Please, if you are trying to be intentionally inflammatory I am already over it. I have had a long day, and am not in the mood for your bullshit.

Go read some prior political threads, and realize how you are being an ass; then come back with your snide commentary.
I thought we were joking? Heard of those things? :icon_lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And that sample is not the majority of Muslims..as you have already pointed out..but I won't quote you..its there for all to see :D

lutherblsstt

No; I said that Radical Islamists hail the attacks, and the vast majority of Muslims condemn it. Then, you posted a poll saying that the majority of Egyptians, Moroccans, Pakistanis, and Indonesians condemn attacks on civilians. Haha, are you trying to prove my point?

If Muslims want non-Muslims to appreciate their own comment of Islam supposedly being a religion of peace and tolerance, then one thing they could do is instead of being the first to accuse other Americans of intolerance when they don't applaud the plan of building a mosque near Ground Zero, or complaining if a company which had clear policies in place not to allow any head gear at the point they joined the company but now accuse the company of discrimination, it would be good if at least they had and voiced a minimum of criticism when 'other' Muslims engage in extreme violence

My major criticism against Islam has always been the 'convenience' and 'selectiveness' of those who profess tolerance when it is about themselves, but who in a most calculated way are evasive when members of the same religion commit atrocities.

Christians, protestants and many others too in the past and even now have engaged in some very regrettable deeds, but that has rarely kept other Christians, Protestants or Others to criticize those who mis-use their own religion for evil purposes. It is there where Islam takes up a remarkable position.

Sure, it is often said that one of the reasons is the absence of a central authority. But even if so, that still does not prevent Muslim newspapers, Al Jazeera, or local Islamic leaders to voice their condemnation of such atrocities committed by "fellow Muslims". Now, it is even front page news whenever such a thing happens, because it is so rare.

The criticism I express is not against Islam but against the criticism or lack of criticism of Islam against Islam. Similarly, I have similar criticisms of the absence of action and criticism which the Catholic church expressed or failed to express against its abuse in its own rank. The point there too is not one of simply non-Catholics criticizing Catholics, but of Catholics not criticizing other Catholics. Islam does not just do a lousy job of self-policing, there is a complete absence of any self-policing.

When it comes to complaining about the intolerance towards Muslims, or against someone's right to wear a hajib, or against some obscure right Muslims feel they should have in a certain country while keeping remarkably silent about virtually any right about a non-Muslim in a Muslim country, we do read that constantly in any newspaper. I have heard about one fatwa against violence so far from Muslim cleric in Britain, and there doesn't seem to have been much enthusiasm of the Muslim world to embrace the wisdom or this cleric or to provide him with a large forum to listen to his words.

krlos86

Awards
I believe the goverment did it with the help of alqaeda

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
the thread says less than half the world believes Al-Qaeda was responsible for 9/11 but i know of no one that was asked in any type of survey. Could you please list your source of this information?