A Pig in Lipstick is Still a Pig?!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPd4yk0x-eg"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Are you kidding me?!

Calling the female vice president candidate a pig in lipstick wouldn't alienate your female voters would it? :toofunny:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
So much for a different brand of politics eh?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Ok, at what point did he call Sarah Palin a pig??? it's more like saying you can't make a silk purse out a sows ear. Meaning if you listened properly that the McCain-Palin Ticket is giving us the same old GOP. Come on, don't go making up crap.

:bruce3:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Ok, at what point did he call Sarah Palin a pig??? it's more like saying you can't make a silk purse out a sows ear. Meaning if you listened properly that the McCain-Palin Ticket is giving us the same old GOP. Come on, don't go making up crap.
Did you watch the whole video? At the end he said the pig in lipstick phrase verbatim.

I'm not talking about the speech.....the one where Barry says he had a trademark on the phrase "Change".

I'm talking about the 5 second soundbite that will be all 90% of American voters hear and has been all over the news.

Whether he meant it like that or not, it WILL alienate some women. Ever met a woman who like hearing other women described as a "pig"?:jaw:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Listen again, he said "You can put lipstick on A pig". However, just like you chose to, people will hear what they wish to hear. If you are still in Kuwait, I think the sand is clogging you ears a little:lol: Carry on.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Listen again, he said "You can put lipstick on A pig". However, just like you chose to, people will hear what they wish to hear. If you are still in Kuwait, I think the sand is clogging you ears a little:lol: Carry on. :bruce3:
Yeah, but a week ago, Palin's most popular line at the convention was:

"You know what the difference is between a hockey mom and a pitbull? Lipstick!"

Maybe Barry didn't mean it like that, but his speech writer should have thought about that before he made Obama read it off the teleprompter.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Listen again, he said "You can put lipstick on A pig". However, just like you chose to, people will hear what they wish to hear. If you are still in Kuwait, I think the sand is clogging you ears a little:lol: Carry on.

No longer in Kuwait. No way to change my name though :sad:.

BTW, its not just me who heard that:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iPmvOCqqFuAhvVc7QoccTqDtOpbA

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jb827iv54eCm7wXWPT_5aN4wHbzwD933HUT80

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24323829-5012572,00.html

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/view.bg?articleid=1118046&srvc=2008campaign&position=2

It made them go on the defensive as not being sexist. Not where they need to be. Not that I'm complaining. Perfect opportunity for McCain to increase his lead. :woohoo:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he was describing their plans...not her. Its the same thing McCain did about Hillary's health care plan.

In any event, it was stupid to say and it just shows they are pretty much flustered and have no idea how to deal with Palin.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I think he was describing their plans...not her. Its the same thing McCain did about Hillary's health care plan.

In any event, it was stupid to say and it just shows they are pretty much flustered and have no idea how to deal with Palin.

:goodpost:

Previously mention, people will her what they want to hear. But the media will try its hardest to make some little remark have a huge negative impact just so things can be hyped.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

Yeah it's basically like the girl that slaps you in the playground and all her friends stand there and say "you better not hit her, she's a girl".

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Whether or not he meant the "lipstick on a pig" comment for Palin is not important, it was a very poor choice of words, and he is now stuck with it. It turns out that he is not as good a speaker as he is supposed to be, unless of course he is standing behind a teleprompter.

The other day he had the Muslim gaffe, now we have the Palin is a pig comment. Taken together one could surmise that Obama really dislikes Palin, as we know how Muslims feel about pigs.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Whether or not he meant the "lipstick on a pig" comment for Palin is not important, it was a very poor choice of words, and he is now stuck with it. It turns out that he is not as good a speaker as he is supposed to be, unless of course he is standing behind a teleprompter.

The other day he had the Muslim gaffe, now we have the Palin is a pig comment. Taken together one could surmise that Obama really dislikes Palin, as we know how Muslims feel about pigs.

As far as his speaking ability, he didn't stutter once. He was speaking of the same old, same old of Republican politics, if you totally listened to what he said. Did you come up with that wrap-around yourself or did you read it somewhere.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
As far as his speaking ability, he didn't stutter once. He was speaking of the same old, same old of Republican politics, if you totally listened to what he said. Did you come up with that wrap-around yourself or did you read it somewhere.

And the democratic politics are different how?

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established

Again, if he was such a good speaker he would have sense enough not to say stupid sh!t like this during an increasingly close race.

If you want to learn about good public speaking, do some research on Post WWI/Great Depression Germany, and then listen to some of Adolf Hitler's speeches. A good speech is a lot more than speaking without a stutter. My three year old can talk without stuttering too, but that doesn't make him a good public speaker.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering he did not mention Palin once, and spent 98% of the clip criticizing McCain's policies (somewhat incorrectly), this is an overreaction. Poor choice of words, however; as others have said, it appears as if it is an allusion to Palin's RNC comments.

Obama is a poor public speaker when not guided, in my very humble opinion. His baritone oratory only resonates when regurgitated verbatim from Princeton Literature Graduates.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Considering he did not mention Palin once, and spent 98% of the clip criticizing McCain's policies (somewhat incorrectly), this is an overreaction. Poor choice of words, however; as others have said, it appears as if it is an allusion to Palin's RNC comments.

Obama is a poor public speaker when not guided, in my very humble opinion. His baritone oratory only resonates when regurgitated verbatim from Princeton Literature Graduates.

You know as well as I do that in our political environment that what he meant is irrelevant. People can scream from the rooftops that it was not his intention to insult Palin with this comment, but the fact of the matter is that all comments are fair game at this point in the race. Words need to be selected very carefully, and this sword cuts both ways, and McCain can just as well be victim to this as well (they are already trying to spin his use of the term "community organizer" as being a racist code word).

Politics is a dirty business, that is why so many good people stay the hell away from it.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Again, if he was such a good speaker he would have sense enough not to say stupid sh!t like this during an increasingly close race.

If you want to learn about good public speaking, do some research on Post WWI/Great Depression Germany, and then listen to some of Adolf Hitler's speeches. A good speech is a lot more than speaking without a stutter. My three year old can talk without stuttering too, but that doesn't make him a good public speaker.
The "lipstick on a pig" phrase was actually used by McCain recently too ( i believe in the race for the Republican ticket) .

It really is amazing how people only listen to one side of a story and then suck up all the smears and politcally funded adverts.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's not an idiot, in the sense that he would say something like that with the meaning being so direct at Palin... Come one now! Just because he uses a female reference, doesn't mean it'll be directed towards Palin.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know as well as I do that in our political environment that what he meant is irrelevant. People can scream from the rooftops that it was not his intention to insult Palin with this comment, but the fact of the matter is that all comments are fair game at this point in the race. Words need to be selected very carefully, and this sword cuts both ways, and McCain can just as well be victim to this as well (they are already trying to spin his use of the term "community organizer" as being a racist code word).

Politics is a dirty business, that is why so many good people stay the hell away from it.

I do know, which is why I mentioned it. :D

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
The "lipstick on a pig" phrase was actually used by McCain recently too ( i believe in the race for the Republican ticket) .

It really is amazing how people only listen to one side of a story and then suck up all the smears and politcally funded adverts.
Are people really this naive?

It doesn't matter if Obama was trying to insult Palin. What he said can be construed to be negative, so that is how it will be construed.

This is politics. This is also why you won't be hearing McCain use the word niggardly anytime soon :toofunny:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:goodpost:

at the end of the day it wont matter, everything that they all say is being scrutinized to death right now, but will be forgotten in a week or two

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
If Palin is a pig then I am thinking PILF :)

CROWLER

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
wasn't mc cain the first to use the term "pig in lipstick" in a speech Q & A.

obama was referring to mc cains policies being tha same as bush's from what i can gather, that they're no different to that of the current administration.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Yes but he was in rural PA speaking to NRA members and he referring to an actual Pig. :)

CROWLER

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Yes but he was in rural PA speaking to NRA members and he referring to an actual Pig. :)

CROWLER
:lol:

he was answering a question that was asking about his thoughts on one of hillarie's plan's on something.

so did McCain call hillary a pig?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
If the apple fits :)

CROWLER

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=714-Ioa4XQw"]YouTube - Simpsons clip 8 "Spiderpig"[/nomedia]

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
New Republican strategy Plan

"I know you are but what am I" :rasp::toofunny: