John McCain: The Manchurian Candidate
- 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
- 09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
- 09-12-2008, 10:04 AM
"Because his father, Adm. John McCain, was commander of all U.S. forces fighting in Vietnam"
This is incorrect...the commander of all US forces fighting in Vietnam was General William C. Westmoreland..
Shortly after his arrival, Westmoreland was made permanent commander of MACV and given command of all US forces in Vietnam. Commanding 16,000 men in 1964, Westmoreland oversaw the escalation of the conflict and had 535,000 troops under his control when he departed in 1968.
From 1968-72 he oversaw the war back in the US
Admiral McCain was in Vietnam, however he wasn't the commander...makes you wonder about the accuracy of the rest of this article
09-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Ditto..a lot of the purported claims cannot be verified as far as I can tell.
Good piece of fiction though. Right up there with Obama being a Manchurian Al_Aquaida Candidate.
Sadly, people will say or do anything to get their guy into office and this practice knows no specific party.
Similar Forum Threads
- By jimmbow in forum SupplementsReplies: 16Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
- By bpmartyr in forum PoliticsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
- By BodyWizard in forum PoliticsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-15-2008, 10:31 AM
- By CEDeoudes59 in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2005, 05:30 AM
- By UNDERTAKER in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:00 PM