Freedom of Assembly? I think not...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Freedom of Assembly? I think not...


    Quite frankly I'm outraged by all of the facist tactics used to prevent dissent and protesting in general.


    They even shutdown Rage Against the Machine who had a legal liscence to play where they were.


    "After all, if you don't want the FBI spying on you, or the Police surrounding and then invading your home with rifles and seizing your computers, there's a very simple solution: don't protest the Government. Just sit quietly in your house and mind your own business. That way, the Government will have no reason to monitor what you say and feel the need to intimidate you by invading your home. Anyone who decides to protest -- especially with something as unruly and disrespectful as an unauthorized street march -- gets what they deserve."




    Federal government involved in raids on protesters - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Quite frankly I'm outraged by all of the facist tactics used to prevent dissent and protesting in general.


    They even shutdown Rage Against the Machine who had a legal liscence to play where they were.


    "After all, if you don't want the FBI spying on you, or the Police surrounding and then invading your home with rifles and seizing your computers, there's a very simple solution: don't protest the Government. Just sit quietly in your house and mind your own business. That way, the Government will have no reason to monitor what you say and feel the need to intimidate you by invading your home. Anyone who decides to protest -- especially with something as unruly and disrespectful as an unauthorized street march -- gets what they deserve."




    Federal government involved in raids on protesters - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
    You have GOT to be kidding me. The Rage protest was getting out of control, and subsequently store owners windows were being broken. Should we infringe on the store owners rights, and let them continue? The only time a Protest gets shut down if it becomes dangerous, like when that pink lady, or whatever they are called rushed the stage during Palin's speech. The dangerous protests is a leftist thing, there were TONS of protests at the DNC as well, but somehow the protesters knew how to keep civil.

    Avenged Sevenfold said it best in their song 'Critical Acclaim':
    All the way from the east to the west
    We've got this high society looking down on this very foundation
    Constantly reminding us that our actions are the cause of all their problems
    Pointing the fingers in every direction
    Blaming their own nation for who wins elections
    They've never contributed a fukking thing to the country they love to criticize.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  3. There's a difference between protecting people, and spying on people and setting them up, just to arrest them for no reason.


    If people want to protest, let them. There is a ton of video footage showing how even peaceful protestors are getting arrested for no reason, and at their own homes no less. This is out of control.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    There's a difference between protecting people, and spying on people and setting them up, just to arrest them for no reason.


    If people want to protest, let them. There is a ton of video footage showing how even peaceful protestors are getting arrested for no reason, and at their own homes no less. This is out of control.
    I'd like to see a video of a peaceful protester who hasn't broken the law be firstly spied on and then arrested in their own home.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I'd like to see a video of a peaceful protester who hasn't broken the law be firstly spied on and then arrested in their own home.


    The reason I even posted this is because there are a ton of articles documenting this. There are a ton of videos on youtube and other watchdog sites. It's not hard to find.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    The reason I even posted this is because there are a ton of articles documenting this. There are a ton of videos on youtube and other watchdog sites. It's not hard to find.
    So find me one

    I'd love to see a peaceful protested marching in their designated routes during their designated time slot be brutally attacked.

  7. One example:


    Article on what happened:

    http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...sely_arrested/

    Actual arrest:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjyvkR0bGQ"]YouTube - Amy Goodman Arrested at RNC[/ame]


    Video on what happened:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THMVJQUGJLM"]YouTube - Amy Goodman talks about arrest (FSTV)[/ame]

  8. Looks like a publicity stunt.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Looks like a publicity stunt.
    I agree, especially considering Democracy Now!'s left-wing stance on everything.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    They told her not to cross the line of where protesters aren't supposed to be and she tried to, so she was arrested. Definitely seems fascist and completely brutal

    Freedom of press does not mean you get to go where you want and directly disobey police order.

    PS- I was at the rage concert and the concert they were supposed to have. People were acting retaded and it was the right thing to shut it down.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    PS- I was at the rage concert and the concert they were supposed to have. People were acting retaded and it was the right thing to shut it down.
    So your a big Rage fan and you were appalled at the level of social discourse going on?.....viva la revolution, aye comrade?



    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    dangerous protests is a leftist thing

    You cant believe that's true, I mean honestly I hope you dont really believe that.

  12. I can understand people having different opinions on things. But some of you guys are die hard... true believers. I mean, what would you have to see to believe something?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I can understand people having different opinions on things. But some of you guys are die hard... true believers. I mean, what would you have to see to believe something?
    Somebody listening to police being arrested,

  14. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I can understand people having different opinions on things. But some of you guys are die hard... true believers. I mean, what would you have to see to believe something?
    The entire thing, start to finish, without some lefty news site allowing the accuser to say whatever she wants. Or maybe some ACTUAL, CREDIBLE media covering a story like that. I think even some of the most leftist newspapers and television stations would be airing stuff like this if it were true. Or is Katie Couric scared of being kidnapped?

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    So your a big Rage fan and you were appalled at the level of social discourse going on?.....viva la revolution, aye comrade?
    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.

  15. There's a difference between protecting people, and spying on people and setting them up, just to arrest them for no reason.
    Common practice to do undercover work on possible rioting situations, especially when dealing with government officials.... Nothing new or out of the ordinary. If you're going to protest then don't be an idiot and do things or go places you're told not to do/go. Protests can get ugly and turn bad in a heartbeat if proper precautions and measures aren't taken to prevent them.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.

    wow

  17. Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    Somebody listening to police being arrested,



    Its not rocket science.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Common practice to do undercover work on possible rioting situations, especially when dealing with government officials.... Nothing new or out of the ordinary. If you're going to protest then don't be an idiot and do things or go places you're told not to do/go. Protests can get ugly and turn bad in a heartbeat if proper precautions and measures aren't taken to prevent them.
    Strait from the horses mouth. Jay deals with this type of stuff. My dealings of it was in Iraq... so my idea is a little twisted.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  19. Boy your asking for it opening this thread. Did you see the video of the report getting knocked down? Too bad no one mentioned the reporter was wearing a shirt with radical messages supporting the protest. lol...

  20. Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    Somebody listening to police being arrested,


  21. Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    wow

    Push your buttons much? Or do you truly believe rioting protests accomplish anything?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    T





    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.

    Maybe you can go from being a loud mouthed closet racist who thinks they know what they're talking about to some real knowledge. WTF have you accomplished, maybe YOU should smoke something and learn the facts and stop spouting things you THINK you know.

    There are others on this site who don't agree with Obama and don't wish to see him in the presidency but, they keep their arguments on-board, you might want to try that.




    :bruce3:

  23. This has nothing to do with supporting a canidate or anyones message. It's the principle of being able to express yourself. From what I've seen, that right is being trampled on.

    This also has nothing to do with the police or soldier's or anyone like that. They are just following orders, and I'm sure have good intentions. But I do believe someone higher has an agenda to shut people up, and their message. This is also why these stories get zero coverage other than putting protestors in the same catagory as terrorists. And it goes beyond CNN/FOX NEWS are liberals or conservatives. The networks are controlled by the same corporate media, and they are corporations. Most of these protestors are anti-corporation. (good film about corporations from another perspective: http://www.thecorporation.com/ )

    The people in the video are hardly radicals. They are soft spoken and peacefully protest their message. You're trying to marginalize protestors into being radicals.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Maybe you can go from being a loud mouthed closet racist who thinks they know what they're talking about to some real knowledge. WTF have you accomplished, maybe YOU should smoke something and learn the facts and stop spouting things you THINK you know.

    There are others on this site who don't agree with Obama and don't wish to see him in the presidency but, they keep their arguments on-board, you might want to try that.




    :bruce3:
    Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    This has nothing to do with supporting a canidate or anyones message. It's the principle of being able to express yourself. From what I've seen, that right is being trampled on.

    This also has nothing to do with the police or soldier's or anyone like that. They are just following orders, and I'm sure have good intentions. But I do believe someone higher has an agenda to shut people up, and their message. This is also why these stories get zero coverage other than putting protestors in the same catagory as terrorists. And it goes beyond CNN/FOX NEWS are liberals or conservatives. The networks are controlled by the same corporate media, and they are corporations. Most of these protestors are anti-corporation. (good film about corporations from another perspective: The Corporation Film: Welcome )

    The people in the video are hardly radicals. They are soft spoken and peacefully protest their message. You're trying to marginalize protestors into being radicals.

    Sorry but the networks are NOT controlled by the same organization. Neither are all of the newspapers. The two most liberal papers in the country haven't said anything about this, but I suppose they're controlled by the same 'right wing neocons' huh?
    Last edited by Rugger; 09-05-2008 at 04:46 PM.

  25. Probably the ghetto crack smoking comment.

  26. [QUOTE=Rugger;1527114]Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    1. Do you actually know what crack cocaine is?(go look it up now) 2. Obama was not a youth in Chicago. You're taking something you heard and are now running with it.

    I'm not asking you to support Obama but I am asking that the low-brow comments stop.


    :bruce3:

  27. [QUOTE=Fastone;1527183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    1. Do you actually know what crack cocaine is?(go look it up now) 2. Obama was not a youth in Chicago. You're taking something you heard and are now running with it.

    I'm not asking you to support Obama but I am asking that the low-brow comments stop.


    :bruce3:
    My apologies for mistaking crack for heroin. I also apologies for not knowing where he did in fact smoke it as a young man.

    Jay- ghetto crack smoking is not racist what so ever. I can't even imagine how someone would consider it so.

  28. [QUOTE=Fastone;1527183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    1. Do you actually know what crack cocaine is?(go look it up now) 2. Obama was not a youth in Chicago. You're taking something you heard and are now running with it.

    I'm not asking you to support Obama but I am asking that the low-brow comments stop.


    :bruce3:
    Nothing in Rugger's post made me think, "RACIST!" unless you've got a preemptive state of mind SEARCHING for any reason to confirm innate presumptions. Who's doing the low-browing?

    You've got the angriest tone of any of these posts, yet you're the one calling for more civility. That's interesting.
    NSCA - CSCS

  29. By the way, I'm not picking a fight, so I have no interest in arguing back & forth with you.

    Just so we're clear, "not a racist"
    NSCA - CSCS

  30. [QUOTE=Rugger;1527221]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post

    My apologies for mistaking crack for heroin. I also apologies for not knowing where he did in fact smoke it as a young man.

    Jay- ghetto crack smoking is not racist what so ever. I can't even imagine how someone would consider it so.

    Where ever you got that information is wrong Obama's EXACT quote was:

    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it," wrote Obama about what he would later say were "bad decisions".


    That quote is directly from the book that he wrote. Now where you got crack from, I don't know. Smoking crack is a TOTALLY different thing than doing a line or two of cocaine.

    You obviously do not know what you are talking about.


    There a lot of people who you probably look up to that did a line or 2 of cocaine or smoked a joint during college and don't give me that crap that they are not running for president because a lot of them have and are are sitting in positions of great importance today. As we have found out over the years, [B]NOBODY is perfect. Making the mistake is one thing, correcting the mistake is the important thing.

    I consider Cindy McCain to be a woman of class and grace yet she had a major drug problem, should she be stained by that for the rest of her life, NO and your comment about Obama is just wrong.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. America: Freedom to Fascism
    By IrishRugby34 in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
  2. Hooray Freedom!!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
  3. Iraqi Freedom Truck
    By dieseldude in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Log in
Log in