Freedom of Assembly? I think not...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1636
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Freedom of Assembly? I think not...


    Quite frankly I'm outraged by all of the facist tactics used to prevent dissent and protesting in general.


    They even shutdown Rage Against the Machine who had a legal liscence to play where they were.


    "After all, if you don't want the FBI spying on you, or the Police surrounding and then invading your home with rifles and seizing your computers, there's a very simple solution: don't protest the Government. Just sit quietly in your house and mind your own business. That way, the Government will have no reason to monitor what you say and feel the need to intimidate you by invading your home. Anyone who decides to protest -- especially with something as unruly and disrespectful as an unauthorized street march -- gets what they deserve."




    Federal government involved in raids on protesters - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

  2. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,457
    Rep Power
    943690
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    73.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Quite frankly I'm outraged by all of the facist tactics used to prevent dissent and protesting in general.


    They even shutdown Rage Against the Machine who had a legal liscence to play where they were.


    "After all, if you don't want the FBI spying on you, or the Police surrounding and then invading your home with rifles and seizing your computers, there's a very simple solution: don't protest the Government. Just sit quietly in your house and mind your own business. That way, the Government will have no reason to monitor what you say and feel the need to intimidate you by invading your home. Anyone who decides to protest -- especially with something as unruly and disrespectful as an unauthorized street march -- gets what they deserve."




    Federal government involved in raids on protesters - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
    You have GOT to be kidding me. The Rage protest was getting out of control, and subsequently store owners windows were being broken. Should we infringe on the store owners rights, and let them continue? The only time a Protest gets shut down if it becomes dangerous, like when that pink lady, or whatever they are called rushed the stage during Palin's speech. The dangerous protests is a leftist thing, there were TONS of protests at the DNC as well, but somehow the protesters knew how to keep civil.

    Avenged Sevenfold said it best in their song 'Critical Acclaim':
    All the way from the east to the west
    We've got this high society looking down on this very foundation
    Constantly reminding us that our actions are the cause of all their problems
    Pointing the fingers in every direction
    Blaming their own nation for who wins elections
    They've never contributed a fukking thing to the country they love to criticize.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  3. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1636
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    There's a difference between protecting people, and spying on people and setting them up, just to arrest them for no reason.


    If people want to protest, let them. There is a ton of video footage showing how even peaceful protestors are getting arrested for no reason, and at their own homes no less. This is out of control.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    There's a difference between protecting people, and spying on people and setting them up, just to arrest them for no reason.


    If people want to protest, let them. There is a ton of video footage showing how even peaceful protestors are getting arrested for no reason, and at their own homes no less. This is out of control.
    I'd like to see a video of a peaceful protester who hasn't broken the law be firstly spied on and then arrested in their own home.
  5. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1636
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I'd like to see a video of a peaceful protester who hasn't broken the law be firstly spied on and then arrested in their own home.


    The reason I even posted this is because there are a ton of articles documenting this. There are a ton of videos on youtube and other watchdog sites. It's not hard to find.
  6. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    The reason I even posted this is because there are a ton of articles documenting this. There are a ton of videos on youtube and other watchdog sites. It's not hard to find.
    So find me one

    I'd love to see a peaceful protested marching in their designated routes during their designated time slot be brutally attacked.
  7. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1636
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    One example:


    Article on what happened:

    http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...sely_arrested/

    Actual arrest:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjyvkR0bGQ"]YouTube - Amy Goodman Arrested at RNC[/ame]


    Video on what happened:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THMVJQUGJLM"]YouTube - Amy Goodman talks about arrest (FSTV)[/ame]
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7017

    Looks like a publicity stunt.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. Senior Member
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1174
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    80.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Looks like a publicity stunt.
    I agree, especially considering Democracy Now!'s left-wing stance on everything.
  10. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    They told her not to cross the line of where protesters aren't supposed to be and she tried to, so she was arrested. Definitely seems fascist and completely brutal

    Freedom of press does not mean you get to go where you want and directly disobey police order.

    PS- I was at the rage concert and the concert they were supposed to have. People were acting retaded and it was the right thing to shut it down.
  11. Senior Member
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1287
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    54.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    PS- I was at the rage concert and the concert they were supposed to have. People were acting retaded and it was the right thing to shut it down.
    So your a big Rage fan and you were appalled at the level of social discourse going on?.....viva la revolution, aye comrade?



    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    dangerous protests is a leftist thing

    You cant believe that's true, I mean honestly I hope you dont really believe that.
  12. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1636
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I can understand people having different opinions on things. But some of you guys are die hard... true believers. I mean, what would you have to see to believe something?
  13. Senior Member
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1174
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    80.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I can understand people having different opinions on things. But some of you guys are die hard... true believers. I mean, what would you have to see to believe something?
    Somebody listening to police being arrested,
  14. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    I can understand people having different opinions on things. But some of you guys are die hard... true believers. I mean, what would you have to see to believe something?
    The entire thing, start to finish, without some lefty news site allowing the accuser to say whatever she wants. Or maybe some ACTUAL, CREDIBLE media covering a story like that. I think even some of the most leftist newspapers and television stations would be airing stuff like this if it were true. Or is Katie Couric scared of being kidnapped?

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    So your a big Rage fan and you were appalled at the level of social discourse going on?.....viva la revolution, aye comrade?
    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.
  15. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    There's a difference between protecting people, and spying on people and setting them up, just to arrest them for no reason.
    Common practice to do undercover work on possible rioting situations, especially when dealing with government officials.... Nothing new or out of the ordinary. If you're going to protest then don't be an idiot and do things or go places you're told not to do/go. Protests can get ugly and turn bad in a heartbeat if proper precautions and measures aren't taken to prevent them.
  16. Senior Member
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1287
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    54.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.

    wow
  17. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7017

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    Somebody listening to police being arrested,



    Its not rocket science.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  18. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,457
    Rep Power
    943690
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    73.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Common practice to do undercover work on possible rioting situations, especially when dealing with government officials.... Nothing new or out of the ordinary. If you're going to protest then don't be an idiot and do things or go places you're told not to do/go. Protests can get ugly and turn bad in a heartbeat if proper precautions and measures aren't taken to prevent them.
    Strait from the horses mouth. Jay deals with this type of stuff. My dealings of it was in Iraq... so my idea is a little twisted.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    656
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    86.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Boy your asking for it opening this thread. Did you see the video of the report getting knocked down? Too bad no one mentioned the reporter was wearing a shirt with radical messages supporting the protest. lol...
  20. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    656
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    86.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    Somebody listening to police being arrested,

  21. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    wow

    Push your buttons much? Or do you truly believe rioting protests accomplish anything?
  22. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    T





    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.

    Maybe you can go from being a loud mouthed closet racist who thinks they know what they're talking about to some real knowledge. WTF have you accomplished, maybe YOU should smoke something and learn the facts and stop spouting things you THINK you know.

    There are others on this site who don't agree with Obama and don't wish to see him in the presidency but, they keep their arguments on-board, you might want to try that.




    :bruce3:
  23. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1636
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This has nothing to do with supporting a canidate or anyones message. It's the principle of being able to express yourself. From what I've seen, that right is being trampled on.

    This also has nothing to do with the police or soldier's or anyone like that. They are just following orders, and I'm sure have good intentions. But I do believe someone higher has an agenda to shut people up, and their message. This is also why these stories get zero coverage other than putting protestors in the same catagory as terrorists. And it goes beyond CNN/FOX NEWS are liberals or conservatives. The networks are controlled by the same corporate media, and they are corporations. Most of these protestors are anti-corporation. (good film about corporations from another perspective: http://www.thecorporation.com/ )

    The people in the video are hardly radicals. They are soft spoken and peacefully protest their message. You're trying to marginalize protestors into being radicals.
  24. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Maybe you can go from being a loud mouthed closet racist who thinks they know what they're talking about to some real knowledge. WTF have you accomplished, maybe YOU should smoke something and learn the facts and stop spouting things you THINK you know.

    There are others on this site who don't agree with Obama and don't wish to see him in the presidency but, they keep their arguments on-board, you might want to try that.




    :bruce3:
    Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    This has nothing to do with supporting a canidate or anyones message. It's the principle of being able to express yourself. From what I've seen, that right is being trampled on.

    This also has nothing to do with the police or soldier's or anyone like that. They are just following orders, and I'm sure have good intentions. But I do believe someone higher has an agenda to shut people up, and their message. This is also why these stories get zero coverage other than putting protestors in the same catagory as terrorists. And it goes beyond CNN/FOX NEWS are liberals or conservatives. The networks are controlled by the same corporate media, and they are corporations. Most of these protestors are anti-corporation. (good film about corporations from another perspective: The Corporation Film: Welcome )

    The people in the video are hardly radicals. They are soft spoken and peacefully protest their message. You're trying to marginalize protestors into being radicals.

    Sorry but the networks are NOT controlled by the same organization. Neither are all of the newspapers. The two most liberal papers in the country haven't said anything about this, but I suppose they're controlled by the same 'right wing neocons' huh?
    Last edited by Rugger; 09-05-2008 at 04:46 PM.
  25. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Probably the ghetto crack smoking comment.
  26. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    [QUOTE=Rugger;1527114]Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    1. Do you actually know what crack cocaine is?(go look it up now) 2. Obama was not a youth in Chicago. You're taking something you heard and are now running with it.

    I'm not asking you to support Obama but I am asking that the low-brow comments stop.


    :bruce3:
  27. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    [QUOTE=Fastone;1527183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    1. Do you actually know what crack cocaine is?(go look it up now) 2. Obama was not a youth in Chicago. You're taking something you heard and are now running with it.

    I'm not asking you to support Obama but I am asking that the low-brow comments stop.


    :bruce3:
    My apologies for mistaking crack for heroin. I also apologies for not knowing where he did in fact smoke it as a young man.

    Jay- ghetto crack smoking is not racist what so ever. I can't even imagine how someone would consider it so.
  28. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    [QUOTE=Fastone;1527183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Oh so I'm a racist because I don't support Obama and I think protesting and rioting is stupid? Whatever you say. I guess all Obama desenters are racist hate mongers. I didn't state any facts either, beyond the Obama smoking crack part, which is true.

    1. Do you actually know what crack cocaine is?(go look it up now) 2. Obama was not a youth in Chicago. You're taking something you heard and are now running with it.

    I'm not asking you to support Obama but I am asking that the low-brow comments stop.


    :bruce3:
    Nothing in Rugger's post made me think, "RACIST!" unless you've got a preemptive state of mind SEARCHING for any reason to confirm innate presumptions. Who's doing the low-browing?

    You've got the angriest tone of any of these posts, yet you're the one calling for more civility. That's interesting.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    By the way, I'm not picking a fight, so I have no interest in arguing back & forth with you.

    Just so we're clear, "not a racist"
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    [QUOTE=Rugger;1527221]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post

    My apologies for mistaking crack for heroin. I also apologies for not knowing where he did in fact smoke it as a young man.

    Jay- ghetto crack smoking is not racist what so ever. I can't even imagine how someone would consider it so.

    Where ever you got that information is wrong Obama's EXACT quote was:

    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it," wrote Obama about what he would later say were "bad decisions".


    That quote is directly from the book that he wrote. Now where you got crack from, I don't know. Smoking crack is a TOTALLY different thing than doing a line or two of cocaine.

    You obviously do not know what you are talking about.


    There a lot of people who you probably look up to that did a line or 2 of cocaine or smoked a joint during college and don't give me that crap that they are not running for president because a lot of them have and are are sitting in positions of great importance today. As we have found out over the years, [B]NOBODY is perfect. Making the mistake is one thing, correcting the mistake is the important thing.

    I consider Cindy McCain to be a woman of class and grace yet she had a major drug problem, should she be stained by that for the rest of her life, NO and your comment about Obama is just wrong.
  31. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    By the way, I'm not picking a fight, so I have no interest in arguing back & forth with you.

    Just so we're clear, "not a racist"
    That's cool, you have your view of the situation and I have mine. That we may disagree is quite alright but This goes a little further than what you read into it.



    :bruce3:
  32. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,418
    Rep Power
    987668
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    81.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    More of less appalled at the level of stupidity of many of the protesters. This isn't 1775 were the government and the citizens have equal force. Riots dont work, never have and never will. If they want to do something about it they should be sensible, find an educated advocate and enact change through the right pathways. If Obama can go from a ghetto crack smoking chicago teen to presidential candidate, surely some of these masked cocktail throwers can be a little bit more productive with their time.
    this has got to be a joke. I mean afterall you are "left leaning"
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  33. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    [QUOTE=Fastone;1527295]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post


    Where ever you got that information is wrong Obama's EXACT quote was:

    "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it," wrote Obama about what he would later say were "bad decisions".


    That quote is directly from the book that he wrote. Now where you got crack from, I don't know. Smoking crack is a TOTALLY different thing than doing a line or two of cocaine.

    You obviously do not know what you are talking about.


    There a lot of people who you probably look up to that did a line or 2 of cocaine or smoked a joint during college and don't give me that crap that they are not running for president because a lot of them have and are are sitting in positions of great importance today. As we have found out over the years, [B]NOBODY is perfect. Making the mistake is one thing, correcting the mistake is the important thing.

    I consider Cindy McCain to be a woman of class and grace yet she had a major drug problem, should she be stained by that for the rest of her life, NO and your comment about Obama is just wrong.
    You got me, I don't know my drug lingo. And if I found out the people I look up to were drug users, I would seriously have to reevaluate their character and my relationship with them. If they had enough baggage that was still with them, like Obama and McCain do, I would probably distance myself from them. You make it seem like I'm a republican

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    this has got to be a joke. I mean afterall you are "left leaning"
    What, a liberal can't sling some mud? You're no fun.
  34. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    [QUOTE=Rugger;1527310]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post

    You got me, I don't know my drug lingo. And if I found out the people I look up to were drug users, I would seriously have to reevaluate their character and my relationship with them. If they had enough baggage that was still with them, like Obama and McCain do, I would probably distance myself from them. You make it seem like I'm a republican



    What, a liberal can't sling some mud? You're no fun.

    The point I'm trying to make here is I don't know how old you are or about your life experience. The fact is a lot of people make mistakes when they're young. If you have been able to steer clear of getting drunk or high even once, more power to you however, those mistakes that others have made shouldn't own the rest of their lives and we should not judge those mistakes unless they're still making them.

    I have been a mental health and drug counselor and quite a few of the people I worked with including administrators came into that line of work as a result of overcoming problems that they had. Those folks were the most effective in helping others because they knew the pain of addiction and also exactly the effort it would take to beat the addiction. Learning from mistakes sometimes becomes a major character builder for future endeavors.

    What you don't like about Obama doesn't bother me in the least, say what you will. That comment just hit me the wrong way.

    :bruce3:
  35. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Looks like a bunch of f*** a$$ civilians that need to disciplined and be taught how to obey orders.

    You don't follow an order, you pay, very simple. The people in the video look like a bunch of anarchist idiots, they should all be charged with breach of peace.

    No wonder there is so much chaos in society and our country, people can't seem to obey basic commands like they should...... and then they make videos about THEIR inability to follow orders and then they wonder why the police get involved....

    Only in America do riots and protests occur almost everyday and the government still doesn't declare Martial Law.

    Once it's implemented, crime will be less, streets will be safer, less accidents, etc...etc....

    Martial law is basically laws being enforced the way they should be, all the lax laws on immigration, terrorists getting rights in Guantanamo, etc..... is leading to a break of our system which can only be repaired by Martial Law.
  36. Professional Member
    p5sky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,469
    Rep Power
    1867260
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    21.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    [QUOTE=Fastone;1527295]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post


    Smoking crack is a TOTALLY different thing than doing a line or two of cocaine.

    You obviously do not know what you are talking about.
    either way he was doing drugs, do we have to argue about what it was? I am not condemning him for it, but why make a case about which drugs he was doing?

    i.e., burglary is TOTALLY different from armed robbery.

    True, but both are crimes. Oh, but the burglar is a kinder/gentler criminal . . .

    I agree that all people make mistakes, but you are nitpicking!
  37. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Yeah there is a huge distinction between crack and pot. Think there's a difference between injecting insulin and shooting up heroine? This isn't the Bible where Sin is Sin. There are differences in crime.



    And I didn't call you racist but read your post and could read where you could of been making racial toned derogatory statements. Whether it was or not is only something you'd know but the fact that I was able to pick it out pretty easily when another person questioned intent, shows how text can be misread, if not said clearly enough.
  38. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,418
    Rep Power
    987668
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    81.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    [QUOTE=p5sky;1527918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post

    either way he was doing drugs, do we have to argue about what it was? I am not condemning him for it, but why make a case about which drugs he was doing?

    i.e., burglary is TOTALLY different from armed robbery.

    True, but both are crimes. Oh, but the burglar is a kinder/gentler criminal . . .

    I agree that all people make mistakes, but you are nitpicking!
    I gotta say here I disagree with you. There is a huge difference bewtween pot/crack and heroin. Rugger invoked both crack and heroin with Obama, which is not true.

    Hell, I dont know anyone who has not tried pot in their life, so I do think a huge distinction should be made.

    Personally, I think Rugger is just trying to stir up some nonsense for the fun of it. I dont see him sitting around his house twisting his curly mustache with a pointy white hood in the background. He never has struck me that way, although I could see where his comments might strike someone that way.

    Ok rambling over
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  39. Senior Member
    futurepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    1287
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    54.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Only in America do riots and protests occur almost everyday and the government still doesn't declare Martial Law.

    Are you high on crack/heroin/pot?
  40. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Are you high on crack/heroin/pot?
    No, I don't smoke pot or crack.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. America: Freedom to Fascism
    By IrishRugby34 in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
  2. Freedom in the 50 States
    By warnerve in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 11:48 PM
  3. Montana Firearms Freedom Act
    By EasyEJL in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM
  4. Hooray Freedom!!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
  5. Iraqi Freedom Truck
    By dieseldude in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in