Sarah Palin is PWNING her speech.

1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Sarah Palin is PWNING her speech.

I thought she would be mediocre. Man she can connect and be 'real'. Bad for Dems!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

She is HOT up there!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Just don't get her to answer any History questions lol
    I don't look at it as bad for Dems as much as NOT bad for the Reps. One speech does not a good sepaker make. Look how Obama fubars his unscripted speeches.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just don't get her to answer any History questions lol
    I don't look at it as bad for Dems as much as NOT bad for the Reps. One speech does not a good sepaker make. Look how Obama fubars his unscripted speeches.
    Are you watching? She is absolutely destroying. I'm not a republican and I can see that she is blowing it away.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Nah, i'm not watching it. I'll look at it tomorrow and I'm not disagreeing with your assessment. I'm just stating one speech isn't enough to say that the Des better watch out.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

Nah, i'm not watching it. I'll look at it tomorrow and I'm not disagreeing with your assessment. I'm just stating one speech isn't enough to say that the Des better watch out.
    Oh yeah it is. You watch their numbers jump after tonight and tomorrow.

Ps- She just threw out a huge zinger "He's had the time to author two personal memoirs, but hasn't authored a single bill or amendment in the senate or state senate"
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

lol, going for the throat! I'm gonna hve to double check to make sure she isn't my exwife :P
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

Haha jesus h christ. She is making me laugh she is killing it so hard. I don't think there are enough days left in this election season for Obama to release rebuttals to all of her zingers.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.46%

Too bad she "mis-represented" herself in almost all aspects of her "experience."

She took earmarks
    Was for the Bridge To Nowhere...
    blah, blah blah

Republicans will love the speech, Democrats will hate it.

I don't see it making any difference
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    Too bad she "mis-represented" herself in almost all aspects of her "experience."

She took earmarks
    Yet where is the criticism for Obama? If we determine the amount of days Obama has been in office to the amount of earmarks he has requested, it would be over $1 million/day.

Change? Don't think so.

as for the Bridge To Nowhere...
    blah, blah blah
    Yet they forget to mention that the main reason the population wanted this bridge was to connect to the airport which is the second largest in Southeast Alaska.

So yeah, they want a bridge, but not 398 million dollars worth of bridge.

"Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer."

And Independents will love it.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    And Independents will love it.
    too much of a generalization
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  12. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    too much of a generalization

To you.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

I'm an Independant and i'm not sold I'm voting for Reagan.
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I'm an Independant and i'm not sold I'm voting for Reagan.

Then we still win
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

She took earmarks
    Was for the Bridge To Nowhere...
    blah, blah blah

Okay see where they are polling a week from tomorrow.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

To you.
    I am a registered indy, and I can tell you that moderate indy women will not vote for her. However, indy women who lean to the right will seriously consider her. It is an insult to women and to the Hillary supporters to just think that they will vote for her, considering Clinton and Palin are polar opposites.

On a side note, she is hot damn it
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

I am a registered indy, and I can tell you that moderate indy women will not vote for her. However, indy women who lean to the right will seriously consider her. It is an insult to women and to the Hillary supporters to just think that they will vote for her, considering Clinton and Palin are polar opposites.

I agree. It will not be enough to sway the election, IMO; but rather serve as a sort of continual damage control for the "Old White Guy" image of Repubs.
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I really don't care what you're registered as..your views say something different altogether to me IMO.

Actually, its an insult to woman to think that the Democratic party or Hillary Clinton owns them. As one Hillary supporter stated "the Democratic party has held the abortion rights over our head for 30 years and what have they done about it? Nothing. We vote on the advancement of woman as a whole, not a few select issues."

She's now voting for McCain/Palin.

If you don't think many woman will put issues of her children and family over a party line, not only do you misunderstand politics, you also don't understand women very well.

Many of Hillary's women supporters are moderate women that don't lean left or right. When 1/3 rd of them are Democrats and THEY say they won't for Obama, to say that independent moderate women won't be swayed is ludicrous.

You don't need all the women...you don't even need most of the women. If Republicans can get some women, as they did in 2004, then can win.

If you don't think Palin appeals to independent moderate women when 1/3-1/4th of Hillary's supporters say they will for McCain, then you are completely nuts and continues to show just how big your blinders and earplugs are.
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Women are like any other intelligible individual: They will vote according to how their personal stances best reconcile with the policy stances of a candidate; however misinformed the stance of each party therein is!

With that being said, the Geraldine Ferraro VP nomination is a perfect - IMO - predictor of the outcome for McCain/Palin. Despite Mondale's camp thinking Ferraro's nomination would seal the "woman" vote, it did not. Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Women are like any other intelligible individual: They will vote according to how their personal stances best reconcile with the policy stances of a candidate; however misinformed the stance of each party therein is!

With that being said, the Geraldine Ferraro VP nomination is a perfect - IMO - predictor of the outcome for McCain/Palin. Despite Mondale's camp thinking Ferraro's nomination would seal the "woman" vote, it did not. Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.
    exactly, and for anyone to assume that Palin would appeal to moderates, they need to reexamine how she is even somewhat moderate. Most of her stances are further to the right than McCain, thus not moderate in the least.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.85%

In regards to women and Palin I only have one example. My mother-in-law is a life long democrat and was a strong Hillary supporter. The Palin pick has swayed her vote over to McCain. Is this a representation of the whole? Hardly, but they don't come more liberal democrat than her, and she has switched. I wouldn't be surprised if more women than many expect switch away from the Obama camp.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.46%

Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    In regards to women and Palin I only have one example. My mother-in-law is a life long democrat and was a strong Hillary supporter. The Palin pick has swayed her vote over to McCain. Is this a representation of the whole? Hardly, but they don't come more liberal democrat than her, and she has switched. I wouldn't be surprised if more women than many expect switch away from the Obama camp.
    And what was the deciding factor for switching to McCain/Palin being that Palin is the complete opposite of Clinton?
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.85%

And what was the deciding factor for switching to McCain/Palin being that Palin is the complete opposite of Clinton?
    For my mother in law and I imagine more women than just her, the old "women's movement" trumps party affiliation. Not saying that its a majority of women, but for some.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Ferraro is not a good example because you are basically preaching to the choir with her. Traditionally most women vote Democrat. All you really have to do is appeal to enough to make the diffrential around 10% to make a differnce. I believe Bush and Reagan convinced around 8-10% to pull the other way to almost break even with that vote. All you need is some appeal.

I think Palin will appeal to them more than Bush or Reagan will.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.
    While chatting with people online and in person is not 'voting' statistics I would have to disagree with that statement. None of the people I know that didn't like McCain were going to cast a vote outside of their party. It still came down to making sure their team won over the other one.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The problem with Geraldine Ferraro was 1. Mondale didn't have the juice to hang with Reagan 2. Her husband was slow in producing his tax info which led to suspicion of his business dealings which in turn caused questions about her

The initial hype was big and boosted the ticket for a while but it quickly turned on them.

:bruce3:
  27. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Ferraro is not a good example because you are basically preaching to the choir with her. Traditionally most women vote Democrat. All you really have to do is appeal to enough to make the diffrential around 10% to make a differnce. I believe Bush and Reagan convinced around 8-10% to pull the other way to almost break even with that vote. All you need is some appeal.

I think Palin will appeal to them more than Bush or Reagan will.
    Exactly - you are actually making the same point as I, albeit through a different viewpoint. It was/is being insinuated that women will vote for a woman, simply based on shared gender. As you alluded to, the 'swing' vote did not work in Ferraro's favor because women are like the majority of us: They vote based on the most appealing candidate.

Many are stating that "Hillary's voters" will sway to Palin merely based on engendered lines, which is ridiculous; they are literally polar opposites in policy terms, and share nothing aside from being strong women.
  28. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I dont think the Palin ticket is going for the "Gloria Steinem" vote either

It simply gives them a chance. You can't erase 8 years of public sentiment overnight...well, maybe you can...who knows...
  29. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Exactly - you are actually making the same point as I, albeit through a different viewpoint. It was/is being insinuated that women will vote for a woman, simply based on shared gender. As you alluded to, the 'swing' vote did not work in Ferraro's favor because women are like the majority of us: They vote based on the most appealing candidate.
    Not all do. You simply have a minority that will vote for her because she a woman. We've already seen some Hillary supporters state this. Some of these women think advancing a women overall is more important than one specific issue.

"But then there's Chrissie Peters. The 37-year-old librarian from Bristol, Tenn. has always voted Democratic and supported Clinton. She assumed she'd vote for Obama — until she saw Palin speak. Now she's voting Republican.

"She was so down-to-earth, a regular person," says Peters. "She hasn't been in politics her whole life, so she isn't jaded or tainted. And I love that she's a mom. Yes, I disagree with some of her positions, but that's what this country is about."

..and thats not even looking at independent women that were lumped into "Hillary supporters".

A woman simply appeals to a woman with issues men just can't understand.

Many are stating that "Hillary's voters" will sway to Palin merely based on engendered lines, which is ridiculous; they are literally polar opposites in policy terms, and share nothing aside from being strong women.
    Some are. Not all Hillary supporters are ragin feminists
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Not all do. You simply have a minority that will vote for her because she a woman. We've already seen some Hillary supporters state this. Some of these women think advancing a women overall is more important than one specific issue.

"But then there's Chrissie Peters. The 37-year-old librarian from Bristol, Tenn. has always voted Democratic and supported Clinton. She assumed she'd vote for Obama until she saw Palin speak. Now she's voting Republican.

"She was so down-to-earth, a regular person," says Peters. "She hasn't been in politics her whole life, so she isn't jaded or tainted. And I love that she's a mom. Yes, I disagree with some of her positions, but that's what this country is about."

..and thats not even looking at independent women that were lumped into "Hillary supporters".

A woman simply appeals to a woman with issues men just can't understand.

Some are. Not all Hillary supporters are ragin feminists
    A few will, but by no means will it swing the election. I have seen isolated reports like that, but - at least in my opinion - insinuating that a majority of females will vote for Palin merely based on gender is insulting to females. I think the majority of women would rather see the 'right' candidate, rather than the 'female' candidate in office.

As you said: Some will sway, most won't. This is what the Ferraro polls showed, and I believe the same will ring true in November for Palin. On a side note, however, she is the hottest Gubernatorial Grandma I've ever seen.
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

A few will, but by no means will it swing the election. I have seen isolated reports like that, but - at least in my opinion - insinuating that a majority of females will vote for Palin merely based on gender is insulting to females. I think the majority of women would rather see the 'right' candidate, rather than the 'female' candidate in office.
    I don't think people are insinuating the majority at all....just a good amount. Thats all you need. Actually you need a small amount....10% shift will do it.

As you said: Some will sway, most won't. This is what the Ferraro polls showed, and I believe the same will ring true in November for Palin. On a side note, however, she is the hottest Gubernatorial Grandma I've ever seen.
    Depends on how you look at it. The feminist base stayed with Ferraro...moderates went Reagan.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sarah Palin's $150k Wardrobe.
    By Arrogant in forum Politics
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
  2. Sarah Palin
    By manifesto in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: 20/20 Interview
    By Mulletsoldier in forum Politics
    Replies: 198