Sarah Palin is PWNING her speech.

  1. Sarah Palin is PWNING her speech.


    I thought she would be mediocre. Man she can connect and be 'real'. Bad for Dems!


  2. She is HOT up there!

  3. Just don't get her to answer any History questions lol
    I don't look at it as bad for Dems as much as NOT bad for the Reps. One speech does not a good sepaker make. Look how Obama fubars his unscripted speeches.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just don't get her to answer any History questions lol
    I don't look at it as bad for Dems as much as NOT bad for the Reps. One speech does not a good sepaker make. Look how Obama fubars his unscripted speeches.
    Are you watching? She is absolutely destroying. I'm not a republican and I can see that she is blowing it away.

  5. Nah, i'm not watching it. I'll look at it tomorrow and I'm not disagreeing with your assessment. I'm just stating one speech isn't enough to say that the Des better watch out.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Nah, i'm not watching it. I'll look at it tomorrow and I'm not disagreeing with your assessment. I'm just stating one speech isn't enough to say that the Des better watch out.
    Oh yeah it is. You watch their numbers jump after tonight and tomorrow.

    Ps- She just threw out a huge zinger "He's had the time to author two personal memoirs, but hasn't authored a single bill or amendment in the senate or state senate"

  7. lol, going for the throat! I'm gonna hve to double check to make sure she isn't my exwife :P

  8. Haha jesus h christ. She is making me laugh she is killing it so hard. I don't think there are enough days left in this election season for Obama to release rebuttals to all of her zingers.

  9. Too bad she "mis-represented" herself in almost all aspects of her "experience."

    She took earmarks
    Was for the Bridge To Nowhere...
    blah, blah blah

    Republicans will love the speech, Democrats will hate it.

    I don't see it making any difference

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    Too bad she "mis-represented" herself in almost all aspects of her "experience."

    She took earmarks
    Yet where is the criticism for Obama? If we determine the amount of days Obama has been in office to the amount of earmarks he has requested, it would be over $1 million/day.

    Change? Don't think so.


    as for the Bridge To Nowhere...
    blah, blah blah
    Yet they forget to mention that the main reason the population wanted this bridge was to connect to the airport which is the second largest in Southeast Alaska.

    So yeah, they want a bridge, but not 398 million dollars worth of bridge.

    "Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer."



    Republicans will love the speech, Democrats will hate it.

    I don't see it making any difference

    And Independents will love it.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    And Independents will love it.
    too much of a generalization
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    too much of a generalization

    To you.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  13. I'm an Independant and i'm not sold I'm voting for Reagan.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'm an Independant and i'm not sold I'm voting for Reagan.

    Then we still win
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    Too bad she "mis-represented" herself in almost all aspects of her "experience."

    She took earmarks
    Was for the Bridge To Nowhere...
    blah, blah blah

    Republicans will love the speech, Democrats will hate it.

    I don't see it making any difference

    Okay see where they are polling a week from tomorrow.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    To you.
    I am a registered indy, and I can tell you that moderate indy women will not vote for her. However, indy women who lean to the right will seriously consider her. It is an insult to women and to the Hillary supporters to just think that they will vote for her, considering Clinton and Palin are polar opposites.

    On a side note, she is hot damn it
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I am a registered indy, and I can tell you that moderate indy women will not vote for her. However, indy women who lean to the right will seriously consider her. It is an insult to women and to the Hillary supporters to just think that they will vote for her, considering Clinton and Palin are polar opposites.

    On a side note, she is hot damn it
    I agree. It will not be enough to sway the election, IMO; but rather serve as a sort of continual damage control for the "Old White Guy" image of Repubs.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I am a registered indy, and I can tell you that moderate indy women will not vote for her. However, indy women who lean to the right will seriously consider her. It is an insult to women and to the Hillary supporters to just think that they will vote for her, considering Clinton and Palin are polar opposites.

    On a side note, she is hot damn it

    I really don't care what you're registered as..your views say something different altogether to me IMO.

    Actually, its an insult to woman to think that the Democratic party or Hillary Clinton owns them. As one Hillary supporter stated "the Democratic party has held the abortion rights over our head for 30 years and what have they done about it? Nothing. We vote on the advancement of woman as a whole, not a few select issues."

    She's now voting for McCain/Palin.


    If you don't think many woman will put issues of her children and family over a party line, not only do you misunderstand politics, you also don't understand women very well.

    Many of Hillary's women supporters are moderate women that don't lean left or right. When 1/3 rd of them are Democrats and THEY say they won't for Obama, to say that independent moderate women won't be swayed is ludicrous.

    You don't need all the women...you don't even need most of the women. If Republicans can get some women, as they did in 2004, then can win.

    If you don't think Palin appeals to independent moderate women when 1/3-1/4th of Hillary's supporters say they will for McCain, then you are completely nuts and continues to show just how big your blinders and earplugs are.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  19. Women are like any other intelligible individual: They will vote according to how their personal stances best reconcile with the policy stances of a candidate; however misinformed the stance of each party therein is!

    With that being said, the Geraldine Ferraro VP nomination is a perfect - IMO - predictor of the outcome for McCain/Palin. Despite Mondale's camp thinking Ferraro's nomination would seal the "woman" vote, it did not. Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Women are like any other intelligible individual: They will vote according to how their personal stances best reconcile with the policy stances of a candidate; however misinformed the stance of each party therein is!

    With that being said, the Geraldine Ferraro VP nomination is a perfect - IMO - predictor of the outcome for McCain/Palin. Despite Mondale's camp thinking Ferraro's nomination would seal the "woman" vote, it did not. Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.
    exactly, and for anyone to assume that Palin would appeal to moderates, they need to reexamine how she is even somewhat moderate. Most of her stances are further to the right than McCain, thus not moderate in the least.
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  21. In regards to women and Palin I only have one example. My mother-in-law is a life long democrat and was a strong Hillary supporter. The Palin pick has swayed her vote over to McCain. Is this a representation of the whole? Hardly, but they don't come more liberal democrat than her, and she has switched. I wouldn't be surprised if more women than many expect switch away from the Obama camp.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    In regards to women and Palin I only have one example. My mother-in-law is a life long democrat and was a strong Hillary supporter. The Palin pick has swayed her vote over to McCain. Is this a representation of the whole? Hardly, but they don't come more liberal democrat than her, and she has switched. I wouldn't be surprised if more women than many expect switch away from the Obama camp.
    And what was the deciding factor for switching to McCain/Palin being that Palin is the complete opposite of Clinton?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by EESCHMan View Post
    And what was the deciding factor for switching to McCain/Palin being that Palin is the complete opposite of Clinton?
    For my mother in law and I imagine more women than just her, the old "women's movement" trumps party affiliation. Not saying that its a majority of women, but for some.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

    With that being said, the Geraldine Ferraro VP nomination is a perfect - IMO - predictor of the outcome for McCain/Palin. Despite Mondale's camp thinking Ferraro's nomination would seal the "woman" vote, it did not. Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.

    Ferraro is not a good example because you are basically preaching to the choir with her. Traditionally most women vote Democrat. All you really have to do is appeal to enough to make the diffrential around 10% to make a differnce. I believe Bush and Reagan convinced around 8-10% to pull the other way to almost break even with that vote. All you need is some appeal.

    I think Palin will appeal to them more than Bush or Reagan will.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  25. Women are just like the majority of us; they would rather vote for the 'right' candidate rather than "their" candidate.
    While chatting with people online and in person is not 'voting' statistics I would have to disagree with that statement. None of the people I know that didn't like McCain were going to cast a vote outside of their party. It still came down to making sure their team won over the other one.

  26. The problem with Geraldine Ferraro was 1. Mondale didn't have the juice to hang with Reagan 2. Her husband was slow in producing his tax info which led to suspicion of his business dealings which in turn caused questions about her

    The initial hype was big and boosted the ticket for a while but it quickly turned on them.



    :bruce3:

  27. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Ferraro is not a good example because you are basically preaching to the choir with her. Traditionally most women vote Democrat. All you really have to do is appeal to enough to make the diffrential around 10% to make a differnce. I believe Bush and Reagan convinced around 8-10% to pull the other way to almost break even with that vote. All you need is some appeal.

    I think Palin will appeal to them more than Bush or Reagan will.
    Exactly - you are actually making the same point as I, albeit through a different viewpoint. It was/is being insinuated that women will vote for a woman, simply based on shared gender. As you alluded to, the 'swing' vote did not work in Ferraro's favor because women are like the majority of us: They vote based on the most appealing candidate.

    Many are stating that "Hillary's voters" will sway to Palin merely based on engendered lines, which is ridiculous; they are literally polar opposites in policy terms, and share nothing aside from being strong women.

  28. I dont think the Palin ticket is going for the "Gloria Steinem" vote either

    It simply gives them a chance. You can't erase 8 years of public sentiment overnight...well, maybe you can...who knows...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Exactly - you are actually making the same point as I, albeit through a different viewpoint. It was/is being insinuated that women will vote for a woman, simply based on shared gender. As you alluded to, the 'swing' vote did not work in Ferraro's favor because women are like the majority of us: They vote based on the most appealing candidate.
    Not all do. You simply have a minority that will vote for her because she a woman. We've already seen some Hillary supporters state this. Some of these women think advancing a women overall is more important than one specific issue.

    "But then there's Chrissie Peters. The 37-year-old librarian from Bristol, Tenn. has always voted Democratic and supported Clinton. She assumed she'd vote for Obama — until she saw Palin speak. Now she's voting Republican.

    "She was so down-to-earth, a regular person," says Peters. "She hasn't been in politics her whole life, so she isn't jaded or tainted. And I love that she's a mom. Yes, I disagree with some of her positions, but that's what this country is about."

    ..and thats not even looking at independent women that were lumped into "Hillary supporters".

    A woman simply appeals to a woman with issues men just can't understand.


    Many are stating that "Hillary's voters" will sway to Palin merely based on engendered lines, which is ridiculous; they are literally polar opposites in policy terms, and share nothing aside from being strong women.
    Some are. Not all Hillary supporters are ragin feminists
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Not all do. You simply have a minority that will vote for her because she a woman. We've already seen some Hillary supporters state this. Some of these women think advancing a women overall is more important than one specific issue.

    "But then there's Chrissie Peters. The 37-year-old librarian from Bristol, Tenn. has always voted Democratic and supported Clinton. She assumed she'd vote for Obama until she saw Palin speak. Now she's voting Republican.

    "She was so down-to-earth, a regular person," says Peters. "She hasn't been in politics her whole life, so she isn't jaded or tainted. And I love that she's a mom. Yes, I disagree with some of her positions, but that's what this country is about."

    ..and thats not even looking at independent women that were lumped into "Hillary supporters".

    A woman simply appeals to a woman with issues men just can't understand.

    Some are. Not all Hillary supporters are ragin feminists
    A few will, but by no means will it swing the election. I have seen isolated reports like that, but - at least in my opinion - insinuating that a majority of females will vote for Palin merely based on gender is insulting to females. I think the majority of women would rather see the 'right' candidate, rather than the 'female' candidate in office.

    As you said: Some will sway, most won't. This is what the Ferraro polls showed, and I believe the same will ring true in November for Palin. On a side note, however, she is the hottest Gubernatorial Grandma I've ever seen.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    A few will, but by no means will it swing the election. I have seen isolated reports like that, but - at least in my opinion - insinuating that a majority of females will vote for Palin merely based on gender is insulting to females. I think the majority of women would rather see the 'right' candidate, rather than the 'female' candidate in office.
    I don't think people are insinuating the majority at all....just a good amount. Thats all you need. Actually you need a small amount....10% shift will do it.

    As you said: Some will sway, most won't. This is what the Ferraro polls showed, and I believe the same will ring true in November for Palin. On a side note, however, she is the hottest Gubernatorial Grandma I've ever seen.
    Depends on how you look at it. The feminist base stayed with Ferraro...moderates went Reagan.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sarah Palin's $150k Wardrobe.
    By Arrogant in forum Politics
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 08:48 AM
  2. Sarah Palin
    By manifesto in forum General Chat
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 12:35 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: 20/20 Interview
    By Mulletsoldier in forum Politics
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
  4. Is Sarah Palin a Creationist?
    By badfish51581 in forum Politics
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 03:29 AM
  5. Sarah Palin Speech Facts!
    By EESCHMan in forum Politics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Log in
Log in