Yeah, About that 'Experience' thing...

1. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Kevin McCullough
    Sunday, August 31, 2008

Only a fool would question Sarah Palin's experience as a basis for her readiness to be Vice-President, especially as compared to Barack Obama's experience as a basis for his readiness to be President.

Never has such a scurrilous set of accusations been less founded. Those who argue them, such as the Obama campaign, because they know the truth to be irrefutable end up rendering themselves silly. The truth is that Sarah Palin is more qualified to be President than Biden or Obama. But let's examine the facts for what they tell us.

What kind of Chief Executive experience does Barack Obama have? Not counting his not-for-profit work alongside convicted terrorist William Ayers - none! Yes it is true that when working with the Annenberg Challenge in Chicago that he and Ayers were co-heads of the project. So that's the full extent of his executive experience. A few paltry months, in the non-profit world, working with the convicted terrorist he once claimed he barely even knew. (Darn those University of Chicago papers...)

So what about Palin? Well... She has administrated a household, the PTA, the City Council, and got so good at it others encouraged her to run a city, and then a state. That's more executive experience than Obama, Hillary, and Biden combined. In doing so she had to deal with issues that dealt with the security, welfare, and economic impact of those under her administration. She's commanded the Alaskan National Guard. She has had to deal with international issues relating to the stewardship of territory with two nations that bordered her state - Canada and Russia. She had to tell Congress "thanks but not thanks" on federal monies that she felt would hurt the average American tax-payer even though it could have meant long term revenue for her state (bridge to nowhere.) She bopped the oil companies on the nose. And when she felt they were soaking the American gasoline consumer - and her oil rich state reaped the windfall - she returned those monies to the people of Alaska in the form of an individual tax-refund of $1200 per person this summer. She hammered her fellow state republicans when they behaved poorly (i.e. U.S. Senator Ted Stevens). And she could only have done any of it - because of her willingness to take on the corrupt old school, good-old-boy partisans in her state that worked against her.

What did Obama do that came close to any of this? The Chicago Democratic machine is as crooked a group as can be found and Obama's not only never opposed them. He's spooned with them (ahem, politically speaking.) He's never had to deal with foreign powers because he's never had to make a decision that put people who depended upon him in the path of a decision with a foreign power. It was like pulling wisdom teeth on the guy just to get him to go put on a flak jacket and visit the troops, much less think of commanding them. When you consider that Obama has voted to increase taxes more than eighty times, you recognize that he would not have the good sense to return the people's money to the people who earned. (And he says he's for the working man...)

And what about those issues that are important to women and children? Sure Obama has voted to mandate abortion's legality - regardless of it's health effects on women. He's voted to deny parents permission to know or to give consent for their minors to obtain abortions. He's even voted to prevent the requirement of the doctor to inform the woman of the medical impact such a procedure would have on her person, mind, and emotions.

Equally wretched Obama has embraced a practice and fought to keep it embodied in law that would allow hospitals to test for Down's syndrome and strongly advocate /pressure the parents to abort the child regardless of the reliability of the tests used to determine the case.

But most horrifying of all Barack Obama is the only U.S. Senator to have voted to deny food, water, and other life saving medical care to Down's syndrome children who have been born.

It must be a particularly passionate issue with Ms. Palin, given that the doctors told her that her son Trig would be born with Down's and strongly encouraged her to abort as well. Trig is the same son she now describes as "perfect in every way."

Obama lacks discernment about simple things like: who is a living person and has constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And for all of his legislative "experience" (a full 143 days in Washington before running for President) he lacks even the instincts on when to answer the question honestly.

Could Sarah Palin be called upon to be President in the unthinkable eventuality that John McCain was not able to complete his term? Yes...

But does her resume, her character, her "eye-popping" integrity, and ruthlessness for what is right in some way say that she would be unprepared for such?

Hardly.

And if it does then the criticism of the "experience" factor of the Democratic ticket - is more than warranted.

After all Sarah Palin has no executive experience that matches Obama's few months serving alongside a convicted terrorist, who bombed the capital, and said he wished he had done more.

I mean - is that really the change (or experience) we need?
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

whats so cool about this si that my mother, who was the head of a household and president of the PTA is ready to be VP or better yet POTUS. Sweet

Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Kevin McCullough
    Sunday, August 31, 2008

Only a fool would question Sarah Palin's experience as a basis for her readiness to be Vice-President, especially as compared to Barack Obama's experience as a basis for his readiness to be President.

Never has such a scurrilous set of accusations been less founded. Those who argue them, such as the Obama campaign, because they know the truth to be irrefutable end up rendering themselves silly. The truth is that Sarah Palin is more qualified to be President than Biden or Obama. But let's examine the facts for what they tell us.

What kind of Chief Executive experience does Barack Obama have? Not counting his not-for-profit work alongside convicted terrorist William Ayers - none! Yes it is true that when working with the Annenberg Challenge in Chicago that he and Ayers were co-heads of the project. So that's the full extent of his executive experience. A few paltry months, in the non-profit world, working with the convicted terrorist he once claimed he barely even knew. (Darn those University of Chicago papers...)

So what about Palin? Well... She has administrated a household, the PTA, the City Council, and got so good at it others encouraged her to run a city, and then a state. That's more executive experience than Obama, Hillary, and Biden combined. In doing so she had to deal with issues that dealt with the security, welfare, and economic impact of those under her administration. She's commanded the Alaskan National Guard. She has had to deal with international issues relating to the stewardship of territory with two nations that bordered her state - Canada and Russia. She had to tell Congress "thanks but not thanks" on federal monies that she felt would hurt the average American tax-payer even though it could have meant long term revenue for her state (bridge to nowhere.) She bopped the oil companies on the nose. And when she felt they were soaking the American gasoline consumer - and her oil rich state reaped the windfall - she returned those monies to the people of Alaska in the form of an individual tax-refund of $1200 per person this summer. She hammered her fellow state republicans when they behaved poorly (i.e. U.S. Senator Ted Stevens). And she could only have done any of it - because of her willingness to take on the corrupt old school, good-old-boy partisans in her state that worked against her.

What did Obama do that came close to any of this? The Chicago Democratic machine is as crooked a group as can be found and Obama's not only never opposed them. He's spooned with them (ahem, politically speaking.) He's never had to deal with foreign powers because he's never had to make a decision that put people who depended upon him in the path of a decision with a foreign power. It was like pulling wisdom teeth on the guy just to get him to go put on a flak jacket and visit the troops, much less think of commanding them. When you consider that Obama has voted to increase taxes more than eighty times, you recognize that he would not have the good sense to return the people's money to the people who earned. (And he says he's for the working man...)

And what about those issues that are important to women and children? Sure Obama has voted to mandate abortion's legality - regardless of it's health effects on women. He's voted to deny parents permission to know or to give consent for their minors to obtain abortions. He's even voted to prevent the requirement of the doctor to inform the woman of the medical impact such a procedure would have on her person, mind, and emotions.

Equally wretched Obama has embraced a practice and fought to keep it embodied in law that would allow hospitals to test for Down's syndrome and strongly advocate /pressure the parents to abort the child regardless of the reliability of the tests used to determine the case.

But most horrifying of all Barack Obama is the only U.S. Senator to have voted to deny food, water, and other life saving medical care to Down's syndrome children who have been born.

It must be a particularly passionate issue with Ms. Palin, given that the doctors told her that her son Trig would be born with Down's and strongly encouraged her to abort as well. Trig is the same son she now describes as "perfect in every way."

Obama lacks discernment about simple things like: who is a living person and has constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And for all of his legislative "experience" (a full 143 days in Washington before running for President) he lacks even the instincts on when to answer the question honestly.

Could Sarah Palin be called upon to be President in the unthinkable eventuality that John McCain was not able to complete his term? Yes...

But does her resume, her character, her "eye-popping" integrity, and ruthlessness for what is right in some way say that she would be unprepared for such?

Hardly.

And if it does then the criticism of the "experience" factor of the Democratic ticket - is more than warranted.

After all Sarah Palin has no executive experience that matches Obama's few months serving alongside a convicted terrorist, who bombed the capital, and said he wished he had done more.

I mean - is that really the change (or experience) we need?
    I think you heart is too deep into the politcal circle. I can understand you are not a democrat, but your email seems to have a lot of hatred in it towards Mr. Obama. I can show you concrete evidence to some of the trash you just wrote in your email, that is incorrect. I am not going to waste my time talking down on John Mccain.
    Could Sarah Palin be called upon to be President in the unthinkable eventuality that John McCain was not able to complete his term?
    Hell no. This has got to be one of the biggest joke in the political arena. This lady is totally inexperience. John Mccain should be ashame of himself. This is 100% political on John Mccains part. Is Sarah the most qualified Republican we have? No way. I wish John Mccain would do his homework before he ran to Alaska to find the youngest female candidate in this party just to offset Barack Obama's young and charismatic appeal to the young voters. Get ready for the bombshell surprise on Ms. Palin very soon.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    whats so cool about this si that my mother, who was the head of a household and president of the PTA is ready to be VP or better yet POTUS. Sweet

Did your mother run a billion dollar+ budget? Law enforcement and national guard? How about educational system?

Palin has done all of those. Sounds nothing like experience, though.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

She will also have the experience of being a young grandmother of a child born out of wedlock. Let's not lift her up to sainthood yet. BP continues to flood this page with pill poppin Limbaughish articles which are full of the same old tired half truths but, it works because a lot of you cats are of a like mind. If one of us from the other side had the time he seems to have we could dredge up a bunch of BS to put on here too but it's not worth it.

:bruce3:
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Did your mother run a billion dollar+ budget? Law enforcement and national guard? How about educational system?

Palin has done all of those. Sounds nothing like experience, though.
    just curious if you read the article. my point in my post was that he uses the pta and family as part of her experience. It would behoove our discussion if you read all posts in their entirety.
    also, my favorite part of this was Cindy MCCain and Laura Bush saying that Palin has foreign policy experience b/c Alaska borders close to Russia.
  7. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    She will also have the experience of being a young grandmother of a child born out of wedlock. Let's not lift her up to sainthood yet. BP continues to flood this page with pill poppin Limbaughish articles which are full of the same old tired half truths but, it works because a lot of you cats are of a like mind. If one of us from the other side had the time he seems to have we could dredge up a bunch of BS to put on here too but it's not worth it.

You attack her character based on a grandchild born out of wedlock? Incredible.

You seem to have plenty of time on your hands as your online activity here is higher than mine.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

just curious if you read the article. my point in my post was that he uses the pta and family as part of her experience. It would behoove our discussion if you read all posts in their entirety.
    also, my favorite part of this was Cindy MCCain and Laura Bush saying that Palin has foreign policy experience b/c Alaska borders close to Russia.
    The article indeed included it as "part" of her resume. Your post made it sound like that portion "alone" was the sole source of experience and then you throw out condescension with your reply back implying a lack of reading comprehension by Rugger. Seems to me your replies regularly resort to such pettiness.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

The article indeed included it as "part" of her resume. Your post made it sound like that portion "alone" was the sole source of experience and then you throw out condescension with your reply back implying a lack of reading comprehension by Rugger. Seems to me your replies regularly resort to such pettiness.
    like this one by you as well? Fair enoguh my friend, I will steer clear of your soap box threads.
  10. Professional Member

Just a part, huh? Looks to me like your post was intended to sarcastically present the idea that only pta experience readies someone for the presidency. Remember what you wrote?

You are obviously too immature to debate politics like an adult. You can refer to your response to being accused of being petty by throwing out yet another insult toward someone who doesn't share your views.

If we're gonna start throwing jabs at character we could always talk about Barack's experience using crack cocaine or maybe sitting in the congregation of a hate monger for 20 years. But, I don't think you'll want to go there.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

[

If we're gonna start throwing jabs at character we could always talk about Barack's experience using crack cocaine or maybe sitting in the congregation of a hate monger for 20 years. But, I don't think you'll want to go there.[/QUOTE]

Let's go, first of all he smoked marijuana and did a little blow get your facts straight. Your sitting president did some of the same things, your potential first lady had a drug problem. There aren't too many people on this site that haven't experimented with some drug, illegal or quasi-legal, it's the age we live in.

In regards to Rev Wright, the argument is TIRED. As we have found out with all of the recent scandal over the last few years our men of the cloth are human and not perfect. There are extremes in every religion, that Rev wright was extreme in his repudiation of the racism he faced in his life, there is no argument. But it's TIRED, he is a non factor. You got more BS, Bring it.

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

You attack her character based on a grandchild born out of wedlock? Incredible.

You seem to have plenty of time on your hands as your online activity here is higher than mine.

1. With her stance on abstinence and with the absurdity of some of the crap that's been posted, it's a valid point

2. You have over 4000 posts, I have less than 300

13. Professional Member

did a little blow
    So I was right? Would you like me to quote his book?

get your facts straight.
    Which ones didn't I have straight?

Your sitting president did some of the same things
    Oh, MY sitting president? Don't get it twisted, I'm a democrat. Besides, he isn't running for relection, or did I miss something?

your potential first lady had a drug problem.
    She isn't running for president. The democratic potential first lady is a racist. Refer to her infinite comments about 'crackers'.

There aren't too many people on this site that haven't experimented with some drug, illegal or quasi-legal, it's the age we live in.
    And they aren't running for President.

In regards to Rev Wright, the argument is TIRED.
    And just as relevant as ever. Does being 'tired' somehow negate the facts and importance to you?

he is a non factor.
    So sitting in a congregation where the closing statement to many speeches was "God bless America? No, God damn America" is a non factor? Since Barack spent months and months defending him before he finally denounced him? How about all of his white devil language? I suppose Barack just ignored that part during his 20 year tenure.

You got more BS, Bring it.
    BS? which part?
  14. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

1. With her stance on abstinence and with the absurdity of some of the crap that's been posted, it's a valid point

2. You have over 4000 posts, I have less than 300

In what way is it valid? Does she somehow have direct control over the lives of her children? One of my teenagers was recently caught smoking pot with some friends; does that somehow negate MY character even though I am against it? You really are incredible.

I used to post a lot here. Look again at your recent activity bar and then again at mine. Based on the actual content of your posts however, I do not expect you to get it.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

If we're gonna start throwing jabs at character we could always talk about Barack's experience using crack cocaine or maybe sitting in the congregation of a hate monger for 20 years. But, I don't think you'll want to go there.
    or President Bush doing keg stands in college, his DUI arrests, or the several bankrupted businesses. Hell we can go through the history of Bill Clinton, JFK, FDR, Nixon etc...
  16. Professional Member

or President Bush doing keg stands in college, his DUI arrests, or the several bankrupted businesses.
    Please do explain to me how this is in any way relevant.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Please do explain to me how this is in any way relevant.
    From what I read we were talking about the character of those looking to achieve office or who were already in.
  18. Professional Member

From what I read we were talking about the character of those looking to achieve office or who were already in.
    No, we were discussing the character and experience of those who are contending to be president and vice president. In particular, the character of Sarah Palin against Barack Obama; an argument that stemmed from the comparing of their experience, which was the original purpose of this thread.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

No, we were discussing the character and experience of those who are contending to be president and vice president.
    oh I see, my mistake. However it does work well as a precedent. In essence, it shows that anyone with somewhat of a shady background could be president. It will serve these two well.
  20. Banned

So I was right? Would you like me to quote his book?

Which ones didn't I have straight?

Oh, MY sitting president? Don't get it twisted, I'm a democrat. Besides, he isn't running for relection, or did I miss something?

She isn't running for president. The democratic potential first lady is a racist. Refer to her infinite comments about 'crackers'.

And they aren't running for President.

And just as relevant as ever. Does being 'tired' somehow negate the facts and importance to you?

So sitting in a congregation where the closing statement to many speeches was "God bless America? No, God damn America" is a non factor? Since Barack spent months and months defending him before he finally denounced him? How about all of his white devil language? I suppose Barack just ignored that part during his 20 year tenure.

BS? which part?
    Barack Obama was not present during any of Rev Wright's hate speeches you mentioned. I challenge you to provide proof. The republican's have combed through every piece of evidence, including 2000 hrs of video footage and yet no footage of Mr. Obama. Provide facts no unproven allegations.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aristo3369 View Post
    Barack Obama was not present during any of Rev Wright's hate speeches you mentioned. I challenge you to provide proof. The republican's have combed through every piece of evidence, including 2000 hrs of video footage and yet no footage of Mr. Obama. Provide facts no unproven allegations.

LOL - you are truly drinking the kool-aid if you believe he wasn't there. What.....you think the good Rev checked the audience each week to see if BO was out there, and only when it was all clear he'd unleash on a tirade of hate and racism?
    Did he call BO on Saturday and say - stay home tomorrow, I'm gonna get after the white devils and all those Jews who are keeping us down. Geez......
  22. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nole1 View Post
    LOL - you are truly drinking the kool-aid if you believe he wasn't there. What.....you think the good Rev checked the audience each week to see if BO was out there, and only when it was all clear he'd unleash on a tirade of hate and racism?
    Did he call BO on Saturday and say - stay home tomorrow, I'm gonna get after the white devils and all those Jews who are keeping us down. Geez......
    You are right - kool-aid with a scoop of protein. Assume (Ass -out- of u & me) I never mention that good ole Rev Wright checked the audience, but our good friends the Repubican's did. Rev Wright's sermons are on video tape if you care to watch. I thought you watch Fox news. The church even has a video camera installed in the entrance as you enter. Here is a little clue - look at the dates on the video footage of Rev Wright's controversal speeches and match them to Barack Obama's schedule and whereabout. I will give you a hint (Internet). You should find the truth and the answer you don't want to see. Good luck.
  23. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by aristo3369 View Post
    You are right - kool-aid with a scoop of protein. Assume (Ass -out- of u & me) I never mention that good ole Rev Wright checked the audience, but our good friends the Repubican's did. Rev Wright's sermons are on video tape if you care to watch. I thought you watch Fox news. The church even has a video camera installed in the entrance as you enter. Here is a little clue - look at the dates on the video footage of Rev Wright's controversal speeches and match them to Barack Obama's schedule and whereabout. I will give you a hint (Internet). You should find the truth and the answer you don't want to see. Good luck.
    You can keep making up all of the circumstances that will supposedly extenuate Obama, but he was still a member, AND GOOD FRIEND with this guy for 20 years.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'm good friends who have beliefs that do not mirror that of my own. Things as small as who we think should be the next pres to religious differences.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

You can keep making up all of the circumstances that will supposedly extenuate Obama, but he was still a member, AND GOOD FRIEND with this guy for 20 years.
    Exactly.

I can tell you the political leanings of most of my acquaintances, and all of my friends. If someone I know has extreme beliefs I know what they are.

I'm not a politician.

Are you going to try and tell you he didn't know his pastor and good friend hated the United States and felt that America caused 9/11?
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Most likely knew his beliefs but also very posible is Obama not agreeing with his beliefs.
  27. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Most likely knew his beliefs but also very posible is Obama not agreeing with his beliefs.

We're talking about his friend AND preacher. There's a difference between his situation and the one you mentioned with your friends and their beliefs. You don't sit in their living room and listen to them preach to you every week.

Someone please tell me why Obama would sit in that congregation if he wasn't attracted to the man and the message; even if he wasn't explicitly in attendance during the sermons that made the news.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Dunno but without knowing the man all you can do is guess in either direction on where he stands. I don't really care one way or the other when it comes to thrse two candidates. Both have pasts that make you question their motives.
  29. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Dunno but without knowing the man all you can do is guess in either direction on where he stands. I don't really care one way or the other when it comes to thrse two candidates. Both have pasts that make you question their motives.
    he publicly defended the man for months and months LOL.

Anyways, I'm voting Bob Barr
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lady Bullworker (yeah, yeah. Ha ha.)
    By JETHRO in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
  2. I did a stupid thing with a close thing.
    By x_muscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
  3. Oh yeah - I am still here!!!!
    By wheystation in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2005, 02:22 PM