McCain's VP Pick - a GILF?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
  1. McCain's VP Pick - a GILF?


    So, what are your thoughts? Palin

    Very conservative voting record but no stance on immigration.. this concerns me.


  2. interesting choice, certainly out of the box, so I applaud McCain for that aspect, but I am not sure if she outwardly helps McCain outside of some female votes
    Mr. Supps Board Rep
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    interesting choice, certainly out of the box, so I applaud McCain for that aspect, but I am not sure if she outwardly helps McCain outside of some female votes
    She also has the whole "not an insider" thing going for her.

    The thing is... it doesnt matter who gets picked for VP as VP choice has never been shown to make a significant impact on an election.

    Honestly, the economy is a huge issue right now (even though we made +3.3% growth last quarter) and I think Romney would have drawn more independants due to his economical prowess

  4. I think it's a very interesting pick and will make this overall campaign quite intriguing.



    :bruce3:

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    She also has the whole "not an insider" thing going for her.

    The thing is... it doesnt matter who gets picked for VP as VP choice has never been shown to make a significant impact on an election.

    Honestly, the economy is a huge issue right now (even though we made +3.3% growth last quarter) and I think Romney would have drawn more independants due to his economical prowess
    I agree about the last part. I thought Romney was probably the most "securing" candidate out there, specifially on the economy.

    I think VP this time around is more important than in the past, as neither party really wanted either of these 2 cnadidates to represent them at the very beginning of this whole thing.

    As an aside, the Obama campaign released an interesting statement regarding the Palin nomination. Something along the lines of
    "they have chosen a candidate who only a few years ago was the mayor of a town of 9000 to be a split second from the presidency."
    Mr. Supps Board Rep
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    As an aside, the Obama campaign released an interesting statement regarding the Palin nomination. Something along the lines of
    "they have chosen a candidate who only a few years ago was the mayor of a town of 9000 to be a split second from the presidency."
    Ironic considering that ticket is headed by a guy who was a state senator only a couple years ago. Its a little too late to transition their platform to experience.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Ironic considering that ticket is headed by a guy who was a state senator only a couple years ago. Its a little too late to transition their platform to experience.
    it is certainly an interesting argument to make. Either way, out of the 4 on both tickets, the only one worth a hill of beans IMO is Biden.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I agree about the last part. I thought Romney was probably the most "securing" candidate out there, specifially on the economy.

    I think VP this time around is more important than in the past, as neither party really wanted either of these 2 cnadidates to represent them at the very beginning of this whole thing.

    As an aside, the Obama campaign released an interesting statement regarding the Palin nomination. Something along the lines of
    "they have chosen a candidate who only a few years ago was the mayor of a town of 9000 to be a split second from the presidency."
    Can you believe the audacity of Obama questioning someone's EXPERIENCE? My god... I went to lunch to listen to it on the radio and the more I thought about it the more I think McCain is a genius...

    He picked:
    a) a true conservative
    b) a woman
    c) someone VERY removed from washington

    I'm willing to bet Obama is wishing he chose Hillary instead of Biden. He threw away the woman card (and her 19,000,000 votes).

    This is going to be a VERY interesting election.

    I can't wait for the VP debate... Biden the blow-hard and Palin the shark. Good times!


    As an aside: I already heard people saying "She has a little autistic baby at home?! she has a family... she CANT be a VP!! its child neglect!" Doesnt Obama have a family too. lol

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Can you believe the audacity of Obama questioning someone's EXPERIENCE? My god... I went to lunch to listen to it on the radio and the more I thought about it the more I think McCain is a genius...

    He picked:
    a) a true conservative
    b) a woman
    c) someone VERY removed from washington

    I'm willing to bet Obama is wishing he chose Hillary instead of Biden. He threw away the woman card (and her 19,000,000 votes).

    This is going to be a VERY interesting election.

    I can't wait for the VP debate... Biden the blow-hard and Palin the shark. Good times!


    As an aside: I already heard people saying "She has a little autistic baby at home?! she has a family... she CANT be a VP!! its child neglect!" Doesnt Obama have a family too. lol
    I dont think Palin will bring many Hillary supporters considering her stance is 180 degress from Hillary. I VP debates will be interesting, Joe needs to be careful with how he treads. He does not want to seem like a bully, but he has the ability to most likely leave her in a pile. He is a better debater than he is as a speech giver, although he did well on Wednesday.

    I agree it is funny the argument about experience. This whole election scenario is hilarious, but it will be historic which makes it even more enjoyable. If I had to bet at this early juncture, I think Obama/Biden will take it, as I see them taking Pa fairly easily (too many registered dems here who will jump on the Obama/Biden bandwagon), and I think they could take Ohio as well.

    The stuff about her 4 month old is a bit too weird for me, in terms of the neglect issue. The argument that will be made is Michelle O. will be at home with the girls. If McCain/Palin win, it will certainly change the republican family values issues and gender roles
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  10. On the radio they said:

    Shes not right wing, shes right schwing!

    Can't disagree with that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. I have to disagree....I think this choice for McCain just won him the election. I think she will hold her own in the Biden debate. I also think this pick just negated quite a bit of the "uniqueness" of the Obama campaign. I'm sure plenty of people on here will disagree with me though.

  12. I think its a game changer.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    On the radio they said:

    Shes not right wing, shes right schwing!

    Can't disagree with that!
    its funny you say that, when I was watching her speech I kept thinking something was wrong, she is pretty attractive
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  14. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    I have to disagree....I think this choice for McCain just won him the election. I think she will hold her own in the Biden debate. I also think this pick just negated quite a bit of the "uniqueness" of the Obama campaign. I'm sure plenty of people on here will disagree with me though.
    I disagree, I think she will hold her own, but I think that she does not bring enough to the ticket. As I said before, she will not bring enough of those Hillary supporters over, in fact she might alienate them too much, specifically on the pro-life issue.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  15. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    I'm sure plenty of people on here will disagree with me though.

    Not me. Hockey mom with 5 kids? Slam, f'in dunk.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  16. except that she is also under investigation for abuse of her office. It wzas certainly an outside the box pick, and I applaud Mccain for that, but she does not address his weaknesses the way Biden does for Obama
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont think Palin will bring many Hillary supporters considering her stance is 180 degress from Hillary. I VP debates will be interesting, Joe needs to be careful with how he treads. He does not want to seem like a bully, but he has the ability to most likely leave her in a pile. He is a better debater than he is as a speech giver, although he did well on Wednesday.

    I agree it is funny the argument about experience. This whole election scenario is hilarious, but it will be historic which makes it even more enjoyable. If I had to bet at this early juncture, I think Obama/Biden will take it, as I see them taking Pa fairly easily (too many registered dems here who will jump on the Obama/Biden bandwagon), and I think they could take Ohio as well.

    The stuff about her 4 month old is a bit too weird for me, in terms of the neglect issue. The argument that will be made is Michelle O. will be at home with the girls. If McCain/Palin win, it will certainly change the republican family values issues and gender roles
    I see your point about Palin not taking Hillary's voters but you've got to realize there are a LOT of ignorant people out there. There are probably hundreds of thousands of women who voted for Hillary simply because she was a she.

    On the family issue - Palin's husband is an oil worker (read: Union) so they get some more points for that. I imagine he'll probably stop working to care for the kids though so I hopefully neither side uses that argument as its a moot point.

    This is going to be fun.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I disagree, I think she will hold her own, but I think that she does not bring enough to the ticket. As I said before, she will not bring enough of those Hillary supporters over, in fact she might alienate them too much, specifically on the pro-life issue.
    I think she brings youth and a cool factor to the ticket. Also, in the debates, if she presents herself well and holds her own against Biden, I think many women who are not in love with the Obama/Biden ticket will jump ship.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    I see your point about Palin not taking Hillary's voters but you've got to realize there are a LOT of ignorant people out there. There are probably hundreds of thousands of women who voted for Hillary simply because she was a she.
    this is very true and very sad, and has to be a concern for the Obama camp. They need Hillary out there campaigning explaining their differences

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    On the family issue - Palin's husband is an oil worker (read: Union) so they get some more points for that. I imagine he'll probably stop working to care for the kids though so I hopefully neither side uses that argument as its a moot point.

    This is going to be fun.
    I would like the families to remain out, but I think we both know it will not
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  20. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    I think its a game changer.
    Agree 100%

    Many people vote on appearance of the ticket, with no substance behind it.

    A woman? wham.


    PS, i titled this thread GILF for a reason... lol I guess she is a MILF/GILF.... a bit of a manly mandible though.

    Governor i'd like to...

  21. MILF works for me
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I would like the families to remain out, but I think we both know it will not
    Politics is dirty. I like to get dirty so maybe I will run for something when I get out of law school.

  23. this has the chance to not only get dirty but downright filthy. Enjoy that
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    except that she is also under investigation for abuse of her office.
    lol..yeah the details on that one would really offend feminists...lol

    but she does not address his weaknesses the way Biden does for Obama
    Sure she does. She shores up the base because of her conservative record and appeals to the demographic that elected Bush in 2004...soccer moms.


    Slam dunk.


    What can you criticize about her? She's not experienced? She has more experience than Obama.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  25. Its funny listening to Dems on TV scrambling trying to come up with some sort of criticism. Oh, she's not experience in foreign policy.

    Why don't you highlight even more what your Presidential candidate lacks?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help me pick my next ride! Poll!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
  2. Who's your early World Series pick ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:59 PM
  3. John Edwards for VP...read this first
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 03:39 PM
  4. early superbowl picks
    By gosox in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
  5. Couture vs. Ortiz this friday, your pick?
    By Beta BBer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Log in
Log in