McCain's VP Pick - a GILF?

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Every conservative republican I've spoken with has commended the choice.

It stopped Obama's "momentum" cold coming out of the convention.

My wife is voting now, she hasn't voted since 2000.

I'm voting now....I wasn't planning on it because I live in Maryland and didn't think my vote would count again...this nominee ironically gave me hope

Even she gets 10% of Hillary's supporters, that will still be enough votes to swing the election in McCain's favor. Obama was only up by 6 points this morning.

I think everyone should make an effort to vote... as far as i know all votes are counted and they make a difference in close races.

I'm not sure that the Hillary's supporters who are not happy that she did not win the nomination will jump ship just b/c the republicans VP choice is a woman... Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin are nowhere close to be in the same league, if you know what I mean!

2. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Even in this thread we are still seeing people say that "she is inexperienced" I find that argument laughable coming from supporters of a candidate who hasn't even finished one term in the Senate (which has no executive powers) She has more executive experience than the Democratic presidential candidate.

To the poster on here who only keeps repeating that McCain is done because of this choice, with all due respect you are only kidding yourself. I can't say I've ever seen a VP candidate have such an immediate positive effect on a campaign as Palin has had on the McCain campaign. This choice has completely stolen the thunder from the DNC. The democratic party has been in a scramble to try to find some negatives about this and the best they can come up with is lack of experience? Hello pot, this is the kettle.....
    You beat me to it.

"Put those balls in your mouth and suck em"

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    100% agree.

But if you are referring to Reaper, I still like the guy!
    I don't have anything against anyone on here. Just stating my opinion. Everyone on here has their own thoughts and for the most part nothing posted on here will change anyone's mind. I just look at this as a dumping spot for everyone's thoughts and opinions.

4. Attention democrats, save your gas driving to the polls and dont vote. I will just cancel your vote anyways.

I was really pulling for McCain to pick a half black, half hispanic woman but this will do. Brilliant work my McCain... honestly I didnt think his campaign was capable of strategy of that caliber.

5. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Even in this thread we are still seeing people say that "she is inexperienced" I find that argument laughable coming from supporters of a candidate who hasn't even finished one term in the Senate (which has no executive powers) She has more executive experience than the Democratic presidential candidate.
    Huh , I try to avoid senate committees the have more than enough power for me. Suprisingly the can do things.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    100% agree.

But if you are referring to Reaper, I still like the guy!
    I dont think it was me, but thank you anyway

7. Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    Huh , I try to avoid senate committees the have more than enough power for me. Suprisingly the can do things.
    Yea, just look how bad the congress messed up our country

8. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont think it was me, but thank you anyway
    nope, not you

9. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    I don't have anything against anyone on here. Just stating my opinion. Everyone on here has their own thoughts and for the most part nothing posted on here will change anyone's mind. I just look at this as a dumping spot for everyone's thoughts and opinions.

thats all we're here for.. and throw some jabs back and forth

10. I don't see this as being a horribly heated debate.

11. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    biggest state in the union if you are counting trees and rain deer.... definitely not as far as population or economics....
    And Delaware is. Doh.

ohh.. and lets not forget she has what? 2 years of experience as a governor... bottom line she's not ready to be a commander a chief.
    Thats 2 years more than Obama.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

12. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Thats 2 years more than Obama.
    Word. Executive experience to boot.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Word. Executive experience to boot.
    Here is what she did yesterday.

Palin Signs Natural Gas Pipeline License Bill.

According to TransCanada s plan, the line, which the company estimates will cost $26 billion to build, would ship about 4 billion cubic feet of natural gas a day starting in 2018.

Alternative energy anyone?

That's more than Obama has done in the last 2 years. hehe
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

14. Jp, just stop... it's too easy

15. Yes we can?

16. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Yes we can?
    Haha.. my personal favorite chant was the "four more months"

17. I dig her librarian look.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I dig her librarian look.
    Right on the glasses... I know what you're thinking.

19. its all over.... most republicans are still in shock over this choice.... i don't think they will recover any time soon!

20. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    its all over.... most republicans are still in shock over this choice.... i don't think they will recover any time soon!
    Are you serious...? Just curious, what is your main news outlet?

21. I still have fear for the election. I by no means think Republicans locked this up simply because of the VP pick.

22. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    A woman who was the governor in the largest state in the country can't handle the job? Just because she's a woman does not mean she can't do the job (I love playing the gender card )

The largest state in the country with the population of the Bronx. How many VP's have really had an real imapct except for your boy Spiro Agnew and we all know what his impact was. For me, I feel better with the possibility of Joe Biden who has 36 years of foreign policy experience carrying the RED I-phone in the event of a tragedy than I would Ms Palin. On this board, that's just me and I'm fine with that

Obviously most of you have already drank the Kool-Aid. Have fun choking on it in November, McCain could have picked a statue to be his running mate and most of you would be talking about how great it's posture was on every topic. That being said, let the games begin.

:bruce3:

23. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    I think everyone should make an effort to vote... as far as i know all votes are counted and they make a difference in close races.
    Actually thats not true. We live in a republic, therefore we don't elect presidents off the popular vote. If you live in a state that has serious majority on one side or another, you are in what is affectionately known as a "red" or "blue" state. Maryland is a "blue state" right now I think the vote is about 15 points in Obama's favor, but I think that will change after today. The "battleground" states, aka states without a political majority are the ones that decide the election. Granted I *should* vote, but it won't affect the election either way.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    The largest state in the country with the population of the Bronx. How many VP's have really had an real imapct except for your boy Spiro Agnew and we all know what his impact was. For me, I feel better with the possibility of Joe Biden possible carrying the RED I-phone than I would Ms Palin but on this board , that's just me and I'm fine with that

Obviously most of you have already drank the Kool-Aid. Have fun choking on it in November, McCain could have picked a statue to be his running mate and you would be talking about how great it's posture was on every topic. That being said, let the games begin.

An Obama supporter loses the right to use the phrase "drank the kool-aid".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

25. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Don't get me started on MLK.. lol I don't want to piss anyone off but if you spend some time researching his past its incredible what he was about.
    Get started, I want to hear what kind of Bullsh!t research you've done.

26. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    An Obama supporter loses the right to use the phrase "drank the kool-aid".
    I'm sorry, drank the merlot

27. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Get started, I want to hear what kind of Bullsh!t research you've done.

Bull****? Don't be ignorant and open your eyes. Start with Highlander Folk School and move on from there, it only gets worse.

In 2027 we oughta have access to his FBI file. I'm patient.

28. Of course! Everyone knows the darkies were happy share-croppin', before that Martin Lucifer Coon with all his fancy talk gave 'em airs & made 'em think they could stand up to their betters.

After all, the John Birch Society said so, and they were always right, and smarter than everyone else.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Bull****? Don't be ignorant and open your eyes. Start with Highlander Folk School and move on from there, it only gets worse.

In 2027 we oughta have access to his FBI file. I'm patient.
    I'm not at all ignorant, I was around then and my eyes were more than wide open. Maybe in that time we'll also learn the absolute truth about J Edgar Hoover and the paranoid nazi-like methods that were used to compile the crap he attempted to use against Dr. King as well as many others. While hiding in the closet I might add.

30. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Of course! Everyone knows the darkies were happy share-croppin', before that Martin Lucifer Coon with all his fancy talk gave 'em airs & made 'em think they could stand up to their betters.

After all, the John Birch Society said so, and they were always right, and smarter than everyone else.
    Its crazy how a man can be so deified that merely questioning his saintlike status causes someone to be called a racist.

I would like to read about him in more depth than the biography that I was forced to read in 3rd grade. I've found that there are two sides to every historical coin.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. John McCain trying to ban our supplements?!?!
    By jimmbow in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:10 PM
  2. The Ugly New McCain
    By BodyWizard in forum Politics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
  3. McCain up for first time
    By Rugger in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
  4. McCain's Speech