McCain's VP Pick - a GILF?

Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

1. 1) She was the runner up for Ms. Alaska (yeah thats right, she was a beauty queen)
    2) She has served a variety of public positions before becoming governor of Alaska, do some research
    3) She is conservative, and has been rated as a true "reformer" of political pork bill spending.
    4) She's a woman
    5) She's a woman
    and last but not least
    6) She's a woman that most women can relate to.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    A woman who was the governor in the largest state in the country can't handle the job? Just because she's a woman does not mean she can't do the job (I love playing the gender card )
    biggest state in the union if you are counting trees and rain deer.... definitely not as far as population or economics....

ohh.. and lets not forget she has what? 2 years of experience as a governor... bottom line she's not ready to be a commander a chief.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    biggest state in the union if you are counting trees and rain deer.... definitely not as far as population or economics....
    You're right Alaska is pretty podunk, but the governor's job is probably the closest in government to that of the president. The fact that she is doing as well as she is (80% approval rating?!) says a lot about her.

Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    ohh.. and lets not forget she has what? 2 years of experience as a governor... bottom line she's not ready to be a commander a chief.
    Barry has 2 years experience as a senator, most of which was spent campaigning, and 2 years as a state senator, a good share of which was spent campaigning....and that somehow makes him more ready for president than Palin?

4. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post

this is the point that many are missing. McCain is 72 today, and has a recent history with cancer. Her lack of experience and being a "heartbeat" from the presidency can be a bit scary.

I know so many repubs are thinking that the 18 mill. Hillary supporters are jumping ship, but the vast majority will be right alongside Hillary and voting for Obama. At the end of the day, she might take some, but she will lose him some other bible belt good ole boys, who just might stay home in November
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

5. this was an ill advice vice president choice.... he's done!

maybe a democrat made that suggestion to him
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    this was an ill advice vice president choice.... he's done!

maybe a democrat made that suggestion to him
    Every conservative republican I've spoken with has commended the choice.

It stopped Obama's "momentum" cold coming out of the convention.

My wife is voting now, she hasn't voted since 2000.

I'm voting now....I wasn't planning on it because I live in Maryland and didn't think my vote would count again...this nominee ironically gave me hope

Even she gets 10% of Hillary's supporters, that will still be enough votes to swing the election in McCain's favor. Obama was only up by 6 points this morning.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    1) She was the runner up for Ms. Alaska (yeah thats right, she was a beauty queen)
    2) She has served a variety of public positions before becoming governor of Alaska, do some research
    3) She is conservative, and has been rated as a true "reformer" of political pork bill spending.
    4) She's a woman
    5) She's a woman
    and last but not least
    6) She's a woman that most women can relate to.
    And she hunts MOOSE's I must praise the slayer of moose

8. Too bad she isn't black as well. That would solidify the win.

9. Even in this thread we are still seeing people say that "she is inexperienced" I find that argument laughable coming from supporters of a candidate who hasn't even finished one term in the Senate (which has no executive powers) She has more executive experience than the Democratic presidential candidate.

To the poster on here who only keeps repeating that McCain is done because of this choice, with all due respect you are only kidding yourself. I can't say I've ever seen a VP candidate have such an immediate positive effect on a campaign as Palin has had on the McCain campaign. This choice has completely stolen the thunder from the DNC. The democratic party has been in a scramble to try to find some negatives about this and the best they can come up with is lack of experience? Hello pot, this is the kettle.....

10. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Even in this thread we are still seeing people say that "she is inexperienced" I find that argument laughable coming from supporters of a candidate who hasn't even finished one term in the Senate (which has no executive powers) She has more executive experience than the Democratic presidential candidate.

To the poster on here who only keeps repeating that McCain is done because of this choice, with all due respect you are only kidding yourself. I can't say I've ever seen a VP candidate have such an immediate positive effect on a campaign as Palin has had on the McCain campaign. This choice has completely stolen the thunder from the DNC. The democratic party has been in a scramble to try to find some negatives about this and the best they can come up with is lack of experience? Hello pot, this is the kettle.....
    100% agree.

But if you are referring to Reaper, I still like the guy!

11. Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Every conservative republican I've spoken with has commended the choice.

It stopped Obama's "momentum" cold coming out of the convention.

My wife is voting now, she hasn't voted since 2000.

I'm voting now....I wasn't planning on it because I live in Maryland and didn't think my vote would count again...this nominee ironically gave me hope

Even she gets 10% of Hillary's supporters, that will still be enough votes to swing the election in McCain's favor. Obama was only up by 6 points this morning.

I think everyone should make an effort to vote... as far as i know all votes are counted and they make a difference in close races.

I'm not sure that the Hillary's supporters who are not happy that she did not win the nomination will jump ship just b/c the republicans VP choice is a woman... Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin are nowhere close to be in the same league, if you know what I mean!

12. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Even in this thread we are still seeing people say that "she is inexperienced" I find that argument laughable coming from supporters of a candidate who hasn't even finished one term in the Senate (which has no executive powers) She has more executive experience than the Democratic presidential candidate.

You beat me to it.

"Put those balls in your mouth and suck em"

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

13. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    100% agree.

I don't have anything against anyone on here. Just stating my opinion. Everyone on here has their own thoughts and for the most part nothing posted on here will change anyone's mind. I just look at this as a dumping spot for everyone's thoughts and opinions.

14. Attention democrats, save your gas driving to the polls and dont vote. I will just cancel your vote anyways.

I was really pulling for McCain to pick a half black, half hispanic woman but this will do. Brilliant work my McCain... honestly I didnt think his campaign was capable of strategy of that caliber.

15. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Huh , I try to avoid senate committees the have more than enough power for me. Suprisingly the can do things.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    100% agree.

I dont think it was me, but thank you anyway
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

17. Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    Huh , I try to avoid senate committees the have more than enough power for me. Suprisingly the can do things.
    Yea, just look how bad the congress messed up our country

18. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont think it was me, but thank you anyway
    nope, not you

19. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    I don't have anything against anyone on here. Just stating my opinion. Everyone on here has their own thoughts and for the most part nothing posted on here will change anyone's mind. I just look at this as a dumping spot for everyone's thoughts and opinions.

thats all we're here for.. and throw some jabs back and forth

20. I don't see this as being a horribly heated debate.

21. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    And Delaware is. Doh.

Thats 2 years more than Obama.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

22. Quote Originally Posted by J. Peterman View Post
    Thats 2 years more than Obama.
    Word. Executive experience to boot.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Word. Executive experience to boot.
    Here is what she did yesterday.

Palin Signs Natural Gas Pipeline License Bill.

According to TransCanada s plan, the line, which the company estimates will cost $26 billion to build, would ship about 4 billion cubic feet of natural gas a day starting in 2018.

Alternative energy anyone?

That's more than Obama has done in the last 2 years. hehe
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

24. Jp, just stop... it's too easy

25. Yes we can?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me pick my next ride! Poll!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
  2. Who's your early World Series pick ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:59 PM
  3. John Edwards for VP...read this first
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 03:39 PM
  4. early superbowl picks
    By gosox in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
  5. Couture vs. Ortiz this friday, your pick?
    By Beta BBer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:55 AM