Why I Am Not a Liberal

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Oh and i'm not speaking about adding the languages to help the immigrants. It's for our citizens.

    But that is where the push is right now..to add Spanish at the tax payer expense.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    The phrase "I believe" is necessarily non-propositional, and therefore alters the fundamental dynamics of a propositional statement - that is, propositional statements are declarative truthful statements - stating argument 'A' is either true or false - and 'I believe' denotes subjective interpretation; when you say "I believe" before making a propositional statement, you create a logical fallacy: You are stating a 'truth', but hiding behind an interpretative veil to avoid criticism.

    The term 'ignorant' can also be applied to learned knowledge - or lack of the pursuit of learned knowledge - relative to a specific field. One could claim that prefacing necessarily propositional statements about the superiority of one idiom over another, without providing relevant information, would denote relative ignorance to the data involved with the opposing idiom.

    So, yes, the author may be educated but that does not automatically preclude him from being ignorant.

    And before you involve me B, I really don't care about this one.
    You're wrong.


    I haven't read what you posted yet but you must be wrong.


    I can't debate this one anyway..my back hurts and I can't sit here any longer..
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   
       


  3. I WIN!

    Where's my check!

    Thanks for backing me up Mullet... I'm not sure what the **** you said but it must of been to come to my aid!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I WIN!

    Where's my check!

    Thanks for backing me up Mullet... I'm not sure what the **** you said but it must of been to come to my aid!
    It was. BP was saying none of these statements can be held up to any type of empirical or epistemological criticism because they were prefaced with "I believe"; that is not the case. Obviously by the style and tone of the posts, the author was making what he felt were 'truthful' statements. You cannot make a propositional statement and then hide behind "I believe" due to the possible invalidity of the argument made.

    In all honesty, I did not read the post in full, so that possible invalidity may be high or very low. I just thought I'd help you pookie.

  5. I <3 you
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I <3 you
    you teabag mullet? i guess you aren't alone

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you teabag mullet? i guess you aren't alone
    Hell no! Since your wife's gender change, her and I have been having the Boston Tea Party regularly!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    It was. BP was saying none of these statements can be held up to any type of empirical or epistemological criticism because they were prefaced with "I believe"; that is not the case. Obviously by the style and tone of the posts, the author was making what he felt were 'truthful' statements. You cannot make a propositional statement and then hide behind "I believe" due to the possible invalidity of the argument made.

    In all honesty, I did not read the post in full, so that possible invalidity may be high or very low. I just thought I'd help you pookie.

    I was not trying to say that at all. I was ribbing another poster for saying "wrong" and nothing more to quantify. Just being my usual arse.

    I agree with your post regarding ignorant. I just happen to listen to the the author frequently on his radio program and know his positions come from anything but ignorance. Jay was assuming ignorance where I admit it was indeed at least a possibility, especially if you are unfamiliar with the author.

    I was wondering when you were going to astound us with your eloquent erudition on the matter.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    I was not trying to say that at all. I was ribbing another poster for saying "wrong" and nothing more to quantify. Just being my usual arse.

    I agree with your post regarding ignorant. I just happen to listen to the the author frequently on his radio program and know his positions come from anything but ignorance. Jay was assuming ignorance where I admit it was indeed at least a possibility, especially if you are unfamiliar with the author.

    I was wondering when you were going to astound us with your eloquent erudition on the matter.
    I am fraught with elocutionary principles!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I am fraught with elocutionary principles!

    I had that once and took damn near three weeks to clear up.

  11. i heard they sell an OTC cream for that now

  12. Using OTC creams is what got me there in the first place.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Liberal Bird Craps On Bush !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
  2. Another do as I say not as I do liberal....
    By Squeaks4ver in forum Politics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 08:36 PM
  3. Whiney.liberal Cut & runners Beware!!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 11:06 AM
  5. Liberal Bias in the media CBS
    By MaDmaN in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Log in
Log in