Jungle Warfare Log - JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Huge thanks to Planetary Nutrition for selecting me as a tester. You can read the full right up here on their website.
ALRI Jungle Warfare

Purpose:
To track progress and give feedback on Jungle Warfare.

Goals:
Keeping calories at maintanance I am hoping to see an increase in hypertrophy with a reduction in bodyfat. The pictures, your opinions on after pics and the tape measure will be the judge at the end.

Intro:
I am still continuing to follow Glen's split. I will be working out every other day depending on recovery and if I feel I am on the verge of over training I will back it off to 1 on 2 off for a week or so.

I will NOT be reading Ryan's log to prevent me from thinking I am experiencing something that I read. Should make things more fair. I will ask your help and if I start to experience pain in my side or something crazy and so is Ryan.... let me know please. :p

Stats:
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 176lbs
BF: 16% **
Body type: Endo - slight meso?

Measurements:
Arms - L= 15.25 R= 15.125
Forearms - 12
Waist - 35 - damn love handles man...
Chest - 44
Thighs - L= 24.25 R= 25
Calves - L= 16 R= 16.25

Supplements:
Multi Vitamin - no iron
Vitamin C
Flax oil
Fish oil
Jungle Warfare

Dosing will be a 1 cap 3x a day. Split approx every 8 hours. I opened up the bottle and did a morning and night split on Sunday. The stuff kind of smells like chocolate?

** I used my new calipers and it gave a reading of an average of 16% after I did 6 readings, every time comming up different. Pictures along with measurements will be up later tonight after training so you guys can decide for yourself.

Current training schedule:

Each body part gets 2 warm up sets then 3 working sets of 8-12, 4-6, and 2-4 reps with the same weight each set always going to failure. Rest is between 60 and 90 seconds. One exercise is picked for the current muscle being worked. Tempo for reps is explosive positives with 5-7 second negatives. If I feel I can do more than alotted rep range, I shift negatives to 7 seconds to fatigue for reps.

Workout A:
Chest - Either incline Hammer Strength or flat db press
Back thickness - deadlifts, rack deads, or rows
Back width - Reverse close grip pulldowns or wide grip pull ups
Shoulders - Hammer Strength machine or db presses
Triceps - Incline skull crushers or seated overhead exts

Workout B:
Bicep - straight bar curls or preacher curls same sets as "A"
Quadricep - Squats or hack squats with lots of warm ups and 2 sets of 10-12
Hamstrings - SLDL or lying curls same sets as "A"
Calves - Standing or Seated.

I lift every other day alternating workouts A and B.

Cardio is done 3x a week. 2x in the morning and once combined with workout A never following workout B.

Example

Monday - Cardio/Abs
Tuesday - Workout A
Wednesday - Cardio/abs
Thrusday - Workout B
Friday - Off
Saturday - Workout A/Cardio/abs
Sunday - Off

Diet:
Macro break down - 40:40:20
Off days I am shooting for 2500 calories.
On days I am going for 2700.

You can see all foods that were ate in my fitday journal. It is fully updated the next morning.

If you have any comments please feel free to post.

And why my waist is a ginormous 35....

Last edited:
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good Jonser..Looking forward to a quality log.

stri8ted_planet

Awards
  • Established
Very interested in how the BF% goes. Nice start on the log.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Hate to clutter up a thread just to subscribe, (cause I know that ticks ol' jonser off a bit) so I won't. I'll just use the subscribe button in the tools, mkay. Did I just say that out loud? :D

Lookin forward to another quality log bro. :)

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
DATE:
Monday May 15, 2006 (Week 1, Day 2)

WEIGHT:
176lbs

TOTAL KCal:

TRAINING:

Exercise group B

EXERCISE - WEIGHT - SETS:

Biceps - Straight bar curls
20x20
30x15

55x12
65x6
75x4

Quadriceps - Squats
85x20
115x12

155x10
175x10

Hamstrings - Seated Leg Curls
30x20
40x15

50x12
65x6
75x4

Calves - Seated Calve Raises - Plated
25x20
45x15

90x12

Green denotes warm up sets.

NOTES:
Living up in Anthem, there are no other gyms besided the community center. The dumbells do go up to a hundred pounds but there are no power racks, just 2 smith machines. Also realized tonight there is no pull down machine and I will have to use the cable cross over machine for low cable rows.

My calories were crap today because I had no chicken and no brown rice so I had to use oats and flavored them with a 1/2 scoop of whey. I wasn't that hungry today though, so that was odd.

Calves got cut short... gym closes at 10. Smith machine squats were different, I had been avoiding using them the past 2 weeks and finally used them for squats tonight. Was able to do 4-5 second negatives.

Have pics that were taken after gym session and will be edited and attached to first post tomorrow.

Last edited:
wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Check out Bulk Up Cut up #3 by CT on the t-mag board. You've got a few pretty damn decent lifts for the back that you can do if you have acess to cables. Do you have a chin bar?

BTW, before anyone jumps on me with the obvious. YES heavy deads and rows are the best.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
The dumbells do go up to a hundred pounds but there are no power racks, just 2 smith machines.
I know this is your leg / bicep day but just a suggestion if are looking to do heavy dumbbell presses of any kind (on a flat, decline or incline bench or even military presses) you could use the smith machine with some Power Hooks. IMHO, they are much safer and save your shoulders from the added stress of swinging the dumbbells into place.

I have used them every chest and shoulder day since recovering from shoulder surgery.

:run:

BTW - best of luck and looking forward to your updates

:run::run:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
PICS ARE UP!

DATE:
Wednesday May 17, 2006 (Week 1, Day 4)

WEIGHT:

TOTAL KCal:

TRAINING:

Exercise group A

Incline Dumb Bell Press
60x12
65x6
80x3 - 1 rep short

Floor Deadlift
185x7
185x7
225x4

Wide Grip Pullups
Body Weight x9.5
Body Weight x6
Body Weight x4
-40lbs Assisted x8

Incline Skull Crusher
65x12
75x6
95x4

Dumbell Shoulder Press
40x12
45x6
50x3

Going to stop noting warmups; A - they stay the same B - do YOU care.. no..

NOTES:
My appetite seems to be down. I'm having trouble getting in the calories I am shooting for. Also on deads I just couldn't seem to get the right rythem down with my breathing. I was winded by the 4 or 5th rep and noticed this durring warmups. So I lowered the weight as I also forgot my straps.

Last edited:
JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Missed Saturdays workout due to a major headache that lasted all weekend long. So I read a bunch in my CCNA book ate good clean meals all day long because we didn't go anywhere this weekend.

Def ready to go to the gym tonight for Bi's and Legs.

Update when I get home.:squat:

Zebinator

Awards
Log looks good man, good luck with it. I have a quick question for ya though. How has your blood pressure been? That is if you're monitoring it. I've read in other logs that people are experiencing headaches on JW and I'm curious to see what peoples blood pressure is. High BP will give a pretty good head ache.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
This headache was most definately a sinus headache. I haven't had a chance to check the blood pressure but I will do that before I go to the gym as there is a Walgreens right on the way.

I'll add that every other day to the log.

Zebinator

Awards
This headache was most definately a sinus headache. I haven't had a chance to check the blood pressure but I will do that before I go to the gym as there is a Walgreens right on the way.

I'll add that every other day to the log.

Cool, thanks man. Much appreciated. For those such as myself that have borderline high BP it would be of concern.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks man. Much appreciated. For those such as myself that have borderline high BP it would be of concern.
Well sorry to say Zeb there was not blood pressure machine at this Walgreens. They are about to open a CVS so I can see if they have one.

Log post to come shortly.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
DATE:
Monday May 22, 2006 (Week 2, day 9)

WEIGHT:
175lbs - Loss of 1lbs

TOTAL KCal:

TRAINING:

Exercise group B

Biceps - Preacher Curls
45x12
65x6
75x4

Quadriceps - Hack Squats
110x10
140x10

Hamstrings - Stiff Legged Dead Lift
115x12
135x5
135x6

Calves - Seated Plated Calve Raises
90x12
135x6
135x4

NOTES:
Weight was down 1lbs. But I also was training 5 hours earlier and 2 less meals. This will be my normal workout time now due to a shift change. People at work have been saying I look bigger and telling me to "ease down on the roid's" So that makes me feel good.

If you haven't stopped by Glen's log.. he did the same workout today -- his weight kicked my ass!

Last edited:
ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Log looks good man, good luck with it. I have a quick question for ya though. How has your blood pressure been? That is if you're monitoring it. I've read in other logs that people are experiencing headaches on JW and I'm curious to see what peoples blood pressure is. High BP will give a pretty good head ache.

BP has been fine for me, and I check it on a regular basis. Averaging around 120/72

Zebinator

Awards
BP has been fine for me, and I check it on a regular basis. Averaging around 120/72
Cool this is good to see, thanks Ryan. No problem Joneser, but like you said it was a sinus headache so your BP is probably in check as is Ryan's. I guess I can go ahead and order some of this stuff, it looks promising. Thanks guys.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Wanted to add this in as I was thinking about it.

I seem to have increased DOMS. Might just be the kick my ass workout last night but we will see if it continues.

Facial blemishes seem to be up too but that might be because it's getting HOTin AZ and I perspire more.

stri8ted_planet

Awards
  • Established
Any BF% changes or have you checked again yet? Didnt know if you were checking once a week or every other week. What kind of calipers are you using?

Thanks,
Brad

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Any BF% changes or have you checked again yet? Didnt know if you were checking once a week or every other week. What kind of calipers are you using?

Thanks,
Brad
I can definately do that when I get out of the shower tonight. Will be about the same time as the first measurement last Monday.

I am using the Fat Track Gold. Taking a pinch of 3 inches and measuring at the base of the pinch. I read the instructions over a couple of times but as people pointed out to me, I don't think I am close to 16%

I was planning on measuring at the end of 2 weeks, end of 4 weeks and then end of 6.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Any updates?
Tonight my friend! and using the same methods the calipers clocked an average over 6 times a body fat percentage of 14.7%

I will take some measurements right now before I head off to the gym and see if anything has changed. I will post them in my workout update.

Off to blast away! :run:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
DATE:
Wednesday May 24, 2006 (Week 2, Day 11)

WEIGHT:
176.5 Up 1/2 pound

TOTAL KCal:

MEASUREMENTS:
Arms - L= 15.25 R= 15.25 Right up an 1/8th - extra pump set of tri's on the right side to catch up is working... ?
Forearms - 12
Waist - 34.25 - down 3/4's of an inch
Chest - 44
Thighs - L= 24.50 R= 25.15 L - quarter of an inch in a week? R - 1/8' of an inch
Calves - L= 16 R= 16.25

TRAINING:

Exercise group A

Flat Dumb Bell Press
50x12
65x6
185x4

Bent Over Barbell Rows
115x12
135x8
185x4

Wide Pullups (body weight)
8 with 4 assisted -40lbs
9 assisted -52lbs

Smith Machine Behind the Neck Shoulder Press
95x12
135x6
155x3 - 1 reps short

Over Head Tricep Extensions (both arms)
35x12
45x8
55x6

NOTES:
Sweated like a mother tonight, not sure what that was about. Strength seems to really be going up but I think it's placebo and the fact that I haven't fully tracked my weight lately. But I look huge in the mirrors and alot of the residents are blatently starring.

Nite :yawn:

Last edited:
JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Well sorry to say Zeb there was not blood pressure machine at this Walgreens. They are about to open a CVS so I can see if they have one.

Log post to come shortly.
Saw that the CVS opened up and just got off the phone with them and they do have a blood pressure machine. I will go on my way to do cardio/abs tonight.

I have had a funky headache in the back of my head towards the left side up about 4 inches from my neck. Otherwise I feel fine. I have taken any NSAIDS to see if it goes away as I am under the brotelligent on that it decreases PGF2A expression leading to less muscle gain.... :think:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw that the CVS opened up and just got off the phone with them and they do have a blood pressure machine. I will go on my way to do cardio/abs tonight.

I have had a funky headache in the back of my head towards the left side up about 4 inches from my neck. Otherwise I feel fine. I have taken any NSAIDS to see if it goes away as I am under the brotelligent on that it decreases PGF2A expression leading to less muscle gain.... :think:
Sounds like me here! lol I wont touch any of those i just tough it out.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established

Oh THOSE headaches... this is what I do when I get THOSE fvckers.

Rub the Occipital Lobe region of your skull. They are the tender soft areas on either side at the top of your neck, where it "attaches" to the skull. This always seems to relieve the headaches.. In fact, my girl used to be CMT, so she does it for me... orgasmic.

I'm a little interested in the AR "freshening" aspect of this product.

:) keep it up JoneseyTurbo9000Mach4!!!!!! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! !!

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Oh THOSE headaches... this is what I do when I get THOSE fvckers.

Rub the Occipital Lobe region of your skull. They are the tender soft areas on either side at the top of your neck, where it "attaches" to the skull. This always seems to relieve the headaches.. In fact, my girl used to be CMT, so she does it for me... orgasmic.

I'm a little interested in the AR "freshening" aspect of this product.

:) keep it up JoneseyTurbo9000Mach4!!!!!! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! !!
Yes! To the T my retired but can't stay away friend... to the T. I kinda felt something when I was laying on the bench last night for chest but didn't think anything of it.

And I will try this right now. As this day is begging to drag because of it. And I am begging to convince myself cardio would not be a good thing today... even though I NEED to go do it along with abs.

Goes of to rub his..... head..... :run:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Got the blood pressure checked at the new CVS on my way to the gym. Did two tests. One with my all the way in so the edge of the cuff was at my elbow and the second was with the top of the cuff at my sholder.

The device says that it is for arms 9-14" in diameter. So the results could be skewed, I don't know how much.

The frist one with the bottom portion of the cuff just above my elbow was 150/80 with a pulse of 76. Top of the cuff to my armpit I was 138/84 with a pulse of 76.

So... seems to be a little high eh? Will be checking it every workout day. This was also at 8:30, about 7 hours after my last dose. The next time I measure it will be close to an hour after dosing. Thing to also note.... this was the first check while I was on the product. We don't have a baseline number and the last time I went to the doctor was 2 months ago, it was 120/80 then.

Cardio and abs were good... I did them... and that's that.

Last edited:

stri8ted_planet

Awards
  • Established
I believe blood pressure is typically higher after workouts so you might want to check your bp in the morning for more accuracy.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Did you check to see what the numbers were prior to starting?
Haha.. right on my heels... I edited post to say that no baseline was established and the prior doctor visit, about 2.5 months ago was 120/80.

So what can be drawn from this, well, nothing conclusively. Have about 20 - 30 times that I will check it untill the end of the product and will continue 2 weeks after.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha.. right on my heels... I edited post to say that no baseline was established and the prior doctor visit, about 2.5 months ago was 120/80.

So what can be drawn from this, well, nothing conclusively. Have about 20 - 30 times that I will check it untill the end of the product and will continue 2 weeks after.
Im on JW as i am using it as part of my PCT and a bridge i guess you could say, altho i may get another bottle and use it for another 4 weeks or up the dose a little and use it for another 2 or 3 after this is done. I have gotten a headache once during my workouts but it wasnt horrid , just mentioning tho that i did get one.

I like this product for sure so far though. I shall be following this log and hope it goes well for you bro.

Zebinator

Awards
Your BP is about the same as mine is and we are dam near the same build. I'm 5'8" as well. But keep in mind that more muscle can tend to increase BP. This is according to my Doctor, I dunno how much I would believe that though. There are some huge dudes out there with perfect BP. Keep and eye on it though bro. I've been using celery seed extract to keep it down and have used hawthorne berry as well. Both seem to help.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Your BP is about the same as mine is and we are dam near the same build. I'm 5'8" as well. But keep in mind that more muscle can tend to increase BP. This is according to my Doctor, I dunno how much I would believe that though. There are some huge dudes out there with perfect BP. Keep and eye on it though bro. I've been using celery seed extract to keep it down and have used hawthorne berry as well. Both seem to help.
I will definately do so. And if it does get bad or continues for the sake of my health I will add supporting supps.

But to keep the testing correct, I will not be adding anything yet.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What about JW do u suspect is causing the BP issues ?? I have a bottle and will start taking it in about 10 days, and I am on Benicar for BP now......

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
What about JW do u suspect is causing the BP issues ?? I have a bottle and will start taking it in about 10 days, and I am on Benicar for BP now......
I have no idea. Let's see what else turns up over the next week or so.

Ryan jumped on and said he's not getting any BP issues. And hypertension can't really be a placebo effect soooo... But that's why I say just follow along and see what the next 2 weeks brings.

If you are on a medication right now for HT then I Would wait 3 weeks and see how the logs start to turn out. By then I will have been off the product for 1 week. I am going to continue this log 2 weeks after cessatation to show what strength stays at and to follow up BP issues.

size

Awards
  • Established
If you use one of those machines, sit down for about 5 minutes then take your blood pressure. Otherwise, you will have been walking around and not truly at rest. I bet your reading will be a little lower.
Also, your BP is not really high, it is prehypertension.

don30

Awards
i just wanted to say i am on day 16 of JW
and gained 2 pounds + so far and lost some bf for sure
workout are good

about the headaches ...i had some in the first 2 weeks but it is getting less and only light ones now ...the only thing what bothered me was the pain in the joints...

but so far i like it...had great workout today !! nice pump
only in week 3 of my 8 weeks ...will be good!!:head:

Zebinator

Awards
Is a post cycle therapy needed for the product? Or just time off?
No PCT is needed and I believe you can run this stuff for 2 to 3 months at a time. I believe the trials that ALRI ran were 12 weeks long. Hope this helps.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
DATE:
Monday May 29, 2006 (Week 3, Day 16)

WEIGHT:
177lbs

Blood Pressure

131/80 74 BPM

TOTAL KCal:
Memorial Day -- Lots of food, pretty much clean though

TRAINING:

Exercise group B

Biceps - Straight bar curls
60x11
70x5
75x5

Quadriceps - Squats
185x10
225x10

Hamstrings - Seated Leg Curls
55x12
70x6
85x4

Calves - Seated Calve Raises - Plated
90x12
90x12
135x8

NOTES:
Holy insane pumps. Now I normally don't mention pumps, but I had the biggest pumps in my biceps by the end of the streches. I think I got new strech marks, feels like balloons and skin is paper thin.

Squats are finally starting to feel right in the smith machine so I increase weight and did do 3 second negatives. I almost puked.

Memeorial day weekend was tough to track calories but I had 3 BBQ basted boneless skinless chicken breasts in a period of 8 hours today along with brown rice that I brought. I mention this because I was proud of myself.. and recieved alot of crap for it! :stick:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
J - what would you say you impression of JW is at this point? (I have absolutely no clue how long you've been on or anything else....)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good luck with you testing of Jungle Warfare :) Hmmmmm smells like chocolate huh, Yummy :)

Do you ever post your actual macros? Would be interesting to see what you are eating, So far good huh? I see a couple pounds difference, How is your energy?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
J - what would you say you impression of JW is at this point? (I have absolutely no clue how long you've been on or anything else....)

Did you attempt to read the log (It's in the first line of every formal update....) :think:

Well day 18 right now. Marked improvement in vascularity in my delt and upper chest. I haven't done a formal bodyfat check but in the mirror I am getting leaner. Abs and lowerback are still there and have only slightly leaned out, but it's the last to go and very very very stuburn.

For me, I can't attribute any huge strength increases. But I was also below maintanance calories and have stayed the same weight not accounting for hydration variances.

But I won't make any final comments untill the log has come to an end in 1.5 weeks and then also 2 weeks after that.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
good luck with you testing of Jungle Warfare :) Hmmmmm smells like chocolate huh, Yummy :)

Do you ever post your actual macros? Would be interesting to see what you are eating, So far good huh? I see a couple pounds difference, How is your energy?
Chocolate/Coffee mix I would say....

Yes, every morning the previous day is completed. You can check the link in my signature. Also noted in the first part of this log.

Energy hasn't been anything above normal but workouts are focused and I am zoned in ready to go.