bulk or cut

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My cuz wants to bulk up, so i emailed me some great links and info and etc... but after he send me his pics, i not sure if he should

age-24
h- 6'3
w-206

Attachments

mcneil0303

mcneil0303

Awards
recomp hands down his bf%%%% isss wayyyy too high

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Recomp. I still don't understand why people go on all out bulks anymore. I did it myself before I knew better but now we have the information. Feeding yourself ungodly amounts of calories doesnt help in gaining extra muscle. You just end up adding fat which makes your life a living hell when it comes time to cut down. Your body only needs so much excess to add muscle some say 3500 extra cals about BMR. Some even say just 600cals. Either way just say no to bulking. We know better.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bc we wanta look like a freak....will harris...

define- recomp

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
nobody needs to turn into a fat slob, but what is he going to cut. This dude needs to get on a real eating program and start lifting properly. I wouldn't worry too much about bulking, cutting, or whatever recomp is.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i never understood what recomp was supposed to mean either.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much said the same thing and got flamed to holy hell, i am sure i wasn't polite about it though. You can put on muslce and you can lose fat. The more advanced you get doing both at the same time gets more and more difficult.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
bc we wanta look like a freak....will harris...

define- recomp
recomp or 'recomposition' is as mentioned overused, basically a happy medium between bulking and cutting, or losing fat and gaining muscle. as a beginner this should come natural as most begineers respond very quickly and very well to weight training. just get him on a healthy well balanced diet and training schedule and this so called recomp should happen.

he needs to cut but is naturally going to gain muscle with his current build..this is why the term recomp was thrown around so loosely. it also looks like he had a knee injury of some kind...make sure he is not overtraining those legs or undertraining them for fear of reinjury.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
If he eats clean (lean sources of protein, complext carbs, ect..) and trains hard and heavy (within reason) he will lose bf while adding and or maintain his LBM.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea. that how he got fat he says,, he torn, his acl, lcl and mcl and chiped a bone

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
yea. that how he got fat he says,, he torn, his acl, lcl and mcl and chiped a bone
DAMMMNNNNN....that is why i said get him train but be safe about it...obviously. most people tend to neglect legs and lower back due to "injuries", most are just dumb twats with too much time to make up excuses for why their vaginas are sandy...but you cus has a pretty serious past injury and i hope he can work through it. good luck!

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your right, hes fat. and his diet sucks. i got him eatting a lil cleaner and doing compunds for 5x5.. but his leg is beat up, so cardio is a lil hard, but he swims and doing the swinger

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
your right, hes fat. and his diet sucks. i got him eatting a lil cleaner and doing compunds for 5x5.. but his leg is beat up, so cardio is a lil hard, but he swims and doing the swinger
With Tony Little?

merph

merph

Awards
Get him eating right. Do some cardio 3x a week or so and lifting just to condition. It sounds like he should talk to his doc about his knee. I had my acl replaced and meniscus scoped and ill tell you what its scary to even think about over training it.

Eating and sleeping need to be in order first and foremost. As for bulk, cut, and recomp. If he is new to training and he goes on a clean bulk you can expect a recomp effect. After a few years of training it gets harder to recomp naturally just my opinion.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
My opinion is, get him working out hard, trim down his eating habits a little, get him on a sligh bulk to gain some muscles.

With the new muscles they'll burn a lot of the fat he's already got, and the gains will be huge if he's just starting. Will work out well to hide and diminish bf% with increase in lean mass.

blah3d

Awards
up to you. I personally think 3 months of cutting is easy... well the first 2 months the last 30 days feel like a stand still though. lol

MuscleMadness

MuscleMadness

Awards
I say why not bulk and cut at the same time, he prolly shouldn't worry about bulking or cutting since it doesn't seem like he's ever worked out in his life. Start eating well, downing protein shakes, do high intensity workout with low rest times in between sets, he'll gain muscle just from lifting for the first time and lose some fat the same time from the HIT workouts, seems foolish to pick one of the two. Also work out like 5-6 days a week, but make sure to have at least 48-72 hours rest in between workouts for each body part. No cardio will even be needed with this routine.

Perfection300

Perfection300

Awards
If he gets serious about training he will be able to gain lbm while shedding bf because of his experience level.

Whoever says he should cut does not know what they are talking about. If he had low BF with his current state he would just be skin & bones.

Lean bulk FTW.

luggnut

Awards
i agree he needs just to start working out and eating a fairly clean meal plan ... but not cut!! he'll lean up just by lifting and exercise and a decent meal plan. go too low on cals now would be a bad idea. if he lost fat he would be just skin and bones. gain some mass.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I agree with MM, because if he takes those suggestions he should fill out nicely with little or no cardio!