4 weeks out....22 weeks of Dieting...slowly

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
I thought since this site has helped me greatly that I finally go ahead and post some pics. I started 22 weeks out and have 4 more to go. During the winter I reached a weight of 262 pounds when bulking using only otc supplements...epistane, trenadrol, decabolin...just to name a few. Since I have been cutting I used otc stuff up until the 16th week out...then I jumped back to the dark side. I have posted pics when 262 and 234 which I'm at now. My goal is 220-224 shredded....Nationals are in July.... I plan to win the show...nothing less!

Height 5'8"
Age 43

I have 6 years of "darkside" experience and I started with transdermals (fina), 1-test, etc. 1 year later I went all the way over. Starting as a middleweight I did my first BB show in 1991 and have competed in plenty of NPC shows since then. I was blessed with great genetics and beat many guys who were "on". So you could say I was All Natural until 6 years ago...I'm bigger than ever and winning more than ever since crossing over. My reason for crossing over was the fact the level I was on demanded it. So I had to play the game everyone on that level was playing. The best thing I did throughout this whole process was staying Natural for as long as I did. I went as far as my Body could go...I did by finding out what diet and workouts worked for me and which ones did not.

In a 2006 show I went up against Ben White (IFBB PRO - WON THE 2007 USA) in a Show (National Qualifier) and the show could have gone either way but he beat me by one point. I was the only guy who ever came that close to beating him in a show. So he's been sort of my new motivation of becoming a pro. I'd love to clash with him on the stage again...Revenge is so sweet! LOL J/K

Love some feedback

Always looking for sponsors....

Attachments

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
very impressive. just keep cutting weight?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow, what great progress.
Very impressive. I would be very interested in seeing your diet and supplement layout for your diet.

best of luck with everything!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
yeah, that diet layout would top this thread odd...supp outline also...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
im not trying to be a dikc but to win nationals youll have to work on the weak point all i see it delts and a little more on the bi/tris and youd be solid. Also, it looks like youre leaning back far in your back Double bi, its hard to see the cuts and actually size/shape.

Goodluck in Nationals. Keep us updated

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
Constructive Crit is a good thing....did pose kinda quick on order to get out the posing room. Body has been a blast furnace lately and the BF is going down even faster than before. Will post new pics and supplements in the very near future....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Constructive Crit is a good thing....did pose kinda quick on order to get out the posing room. Body has been a blast furnace lately and the BF is going down even faster than before. Will post new pics and supplements in the very near future....
Yea some cant handle the criticism, but i know a true bodybuilder can. I always ask people for feedback if i cant figure out what i lack, but i am hard on myself even.
peace

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
do i see gyno

Good eyes...

It's not gyno.. as a kid I was husky and I carried fat in that area. Even when I bulk that is the first area to I carry fat at....unfortunately it's one of the last areas to lose fat. When it's tight I know I'm shredded...so it's like one of my indicators of when "I'm ready" to hit the stage.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
do i see gyno
Who cares? I been seein everyone calling pro/ams out on Gyno issues...i could care less.
I think its more the jealous wannabes they get picky about it.
Keep it at MD Brolic...

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
buff quads.. imeant no disrespect.. how many yrs have u competed?

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
buff quads.. imeant no disrespect.. how many yrs have u competed?

I think it was a good observation... I added more to my info about me in the beginning profile.

91 was my first show...I didn't compete every year but I sure did a great deal of shows...still seems like yesterday!

FM2K GT

FM2K GT

Awards
yeah dude very impressive work. Nice full chest. If you'll except some chriticism id say your biceps/branchi need some work. when you do the back double bi your arms dont look in proportion to the nice wide lats and large delts

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
yeah dude very impressive work. Nice full chest. If you'll except some chriticism id say your biceps/branchi need some work. when you do the back double bi your arms dont look in proportion to the nice wide lats and large delts
Bodybuilding Posing is about illusions and I'll make sure that I work the posing routine out to make the arms look bigger than life....

Next cycle I'll will make them BIGGER THAN LIFE!!..LOL

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
im not trying to be a dikc but to win nationals youll have to work on the weak point all i see it delts and a little more on the bi/tris and youd be solid. Also, it looks like youre leaning back far in your back Double bi, its hard to see the cuts and actually size/shape.

Goodluck in Nationals. Keep us updated
I agree about the arms you they need some work, but you look great, awesome progress, i hope to see some contest pics up.

b-boy

Awards
so have you competed in a pro qualifier yet??

USA's
IFBB north americans
NPC Nationals
Team Universe

if you have how did you place?? If you haven't i would hold off on the pro dreams till you see if you can stay afloat in one of the above shows, if you can't make top 5 in one of those shows, sorry but a pro card is probably not going to happen.

please don't take this post the wrong way, im just being real with you, You have a nice physique, im just letting you know its a dog eat dog world on the national scene if you haven't been there, I don't know your competitive history.

another thing if you haven't competed in one of the above shows then try your hand first at jr. nationals or jr. usa's if you get top 5 there then move on to the above shows, if you don't make top 5 then don't even bother till you can get a top 5 at one of the jr. shows first.

if you have time please list your competitive record.

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
definatly wanna tighten up the glutes judges look at that make sure it isnt tender and try to get as much muscle definition in that area i know its a ***** but if u can lean up that area youll be in good shape, than again u are 4 weeks out so u got some time. keep it up bro lookin good

buffquads

buffquads

Awards

USA's
IFBB north americans
NPC Nationals
Team Universe

if you have how did you place?? If you haven't i would hold off on the pro dreams till you see if you can stay afloat in one of the above shows, if you can't make top 5 in one of those shows, sorry but a pro card is probably not going to happen.

please don't take this post the wrong way, im just being real with you, You have a nice physique, im just letting you know its a dog eat dog world on the national scene if you haven't been there, I don't know your competitive history.

another thing if you haven't competed in one of the above shows then try your hand first at jr. nationals or jr. usa's if you get top 5 there then move on to the above shows, if you don't make top 5 then don't even bother till you can get a top 5 at one of the jr. shows first.

Guess I came Pretty close to getting that Pro Card on my second attempt .... I competed on the Masters Nationals in 2006 and placed 4th in the lightheavyweight class.

This show I placed 2nd in the Heavyweight class and the guy that beat me "Gus" placed 1st in my class and won a Pro card....it was tight between me and Gus (according to the Judges I spoke with).
I will be at the IFBB North America better than this show....!

Pics from the 2008 Masters Nationals coming soon

buffquads

buffquads

Awards

USA's
IFBB north americans
NPC Nationals
Team Universe

Guess I came Pretty close to getting that Pro Card on my second attempt .... I competed on the Masters Nationals in 2006 and placed 4th in the lightheavyweight class.

This show I placed 2nd in the Heavyweight class and the guy that beat me "Gus" placed 1st in my class and won a Pro card....it was tight between me and Gus (according to the Judges I spoke with). Had he not won I would have...Pro card and all!

Attachments

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
I agree about the arms you they need some work, but you look great, awesome progress, i hope to see some contest pics up.

Pics are up....After looking at my arms do you have any suggestions on how I can bring them up? They get pretty big off season but when i diet they lose much size...I know I'm going to lose some size yet they tend to lose more size than the rest of my body on average.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna say your biceps and delts look like your weakness. I'm not sure what to recommend as you have many more years of experience so you probably know everything I do.

Comment though, your legs are great. From the back your calves don't even look real they're so angular. Nice work.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Pics are up....After looking at my arms do you have any suggestions on how I can bring them up? They get pretty big off season but when i diet they lose much size...I know I'm going to lose some size yet they tend to lose more size than the rest of my body on average.
If you lose more size from your arms when dieting down then try igf-1, the problem is you have a higher protein turn over rate in your arms, so they will waste away faster than everything else, so gh or igf-1 in your bi's should help quite a bit.

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
If you lose more size from your arms when dieting down then try igf-1, the problem is you have a higher protein turn over rate in your arms, so they will waste away faster than everything else, so gh or igf-1 in your bi's should help quite a bit.

i'm taking the week off of my diet after the masters to refill my body up (nothing crazy) ....going to continue with dieting for the IFBB North America next week....I'll try to get my hands on some IGF-1 R3Long and add it to my arsenal....

Any other advice would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
i'm taking the week off of my diet after the masters to refill my body up (nothing crazy) ....going to continue with dieting for the IFBB North America next week....I'll try to get my hands on some IGF-1 R3Long and add it to my arsenal....

Any other advice would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you
PM Grunt76 on here he is the man to talk to about IGF-1 use, you should get some nice localized growth as well.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yes on the IGF, but Pin evenly or youll get over grown in one spot. Also, the GH will help general muscle holding.

I would say as far as training, go with slow negatives and just heavy 6-8 rep max on the bis.

Shoulder, well mine suck so i cant be much help there.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Buff, looking great dewd! Comp. photos are amazing...you are looking LEAN!

Buff, trying hanging out in the IGF/Peptides section a bit. I think you'll like it in there if you haven't already been snooping around :) Keep up the great work man!

-Papa!-

b-boy

Awards

This show I placed 2nd in the Heavyweight class and the guy that beat me "Gus" placed 1st in my class and won a Pro card....it was tight between me and Gus (according to the Judges I spoke with).

ok now i get it. you compete in the masters class! how come you didn't compete last year at the northamericans? I think you would have done good there, i was suprised that hans didn't do as well in the open class last year, but he did great in the masters light heavy's, I thought he looked great. congrats on your placing at the masters nationals, and good luck at the northamericans in what 4 weeks now? somewhere around that time frame, stay tight on the diet and nail it bro.

hey with the biceps, people tend to loose size in some bodyparts quicker than others, one thing you can do is try and stay closer to your competition weight in the offseason so you don't have to diet as long and hard, this will help keep your bicep fullness and size as much as possible.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
im trying to reach my 20 post count so i can post pics lol

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
ok now i get it. you compete in the masters class! how come you didn't compete last year at the northamericans? I think you would have done good there, i was suprised that hans didn't do as well in the open class last year, but he did great in the masters light heavy's, I thought he looked great. congrats on your placing at the masters nationals, and good luck at the northamericans in what 4 weeks now? somewhere around that time frame, stay tight on the diet and nail it bro.

hey with the biceps, people tend to loose size in some bodyparts quicker than others, one thing you can do is try and stay closer to your competition weight in the offseason so you don't have to diet as long and hard, this will help keep your bicep fullness and size as much as possible.

Good Damn advice!! I did the North America 2008 and placed 2nd Heavyweight...Over 40. I dieted so long (30+ weeks total, 16 weeks hard) that I lost some size. I'm staying close to show weight next go-round.