Would I embarrass myself in a bodybuilding competition?

Im Pretty Big

Awards
I'm 160 in these pics. I figure after diet and dehydration I could compete in the sub 140lb division. Sorry I could only get Most Muscular and Back, I couldnt get any leg pics that you could even make out.

I understand anyone can compete in a competition, I just dont want to come in last and make a fool out of myself. Be honest and let me know if you dont think im ready to compete. Also, what should i look to improve?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
r u going to compete in a open comp or a natural? also we need the wheels

Im Pretty Big

Awards
r u going to compete in a open comp or a natural? also we need the wheels

Natural, and im 20...i dont know what class that would land me in...junior/novice/natural i guess. I cant get leg pics right now because i dont have a mirror that goes low enough, but what do you think of my upper body? Personally I think shoulders are the weak point and lats are the strong point.

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Even if you were smaller than you are now, you would not embarass yourself. Experiance is a powerful tool, and in this sport you mostly learn by doing. So I say give it a go.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I say go for it bro. The worst you could do by competeing is gain priceless experience for the next competition. You already have a great look going and it'll be that much better once you start preping for the show. Do it, DO IT.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i say go for it. im goin to compete next year just for the experience.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even if you were smaller than you are now, you would not embarass yourself. Experiance is a powerful tool, and in this sport you mostly learn by doing. So I say give it a go.
Yea man I agree, do it up man!!!!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
set a goal for next year. Youll have time to read and learn along with bringing up parts you need up.
Everyone can do it. Theres only one winner a show, not everyone can be it sadly.
Also, if you enter a show make sure it a natty one. At 20 years old you dont fall into a teen division obviously...so its would be tough in an open event.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
dude, you're on top of your game for 20, i agree, be need to see the wheels bro, calves and hammies esp.

i commend you on having the nuts to ask for this kind of advice:thumbsup:

u deserve reps, who's with me???

aren't you the dude who's having trouble with a room mate cause if you are and you get mad, he's in deep sh*t! lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lats are def your strong point. Id work on the rear delts a little bit.

also GO FOR IT!

Im Pretty Big

Awards
dude, you're on top of your game for 20, i agree, be need to see the wheels bro, calves and hammies esp.

i commend you on having the nuts to ask for this kind of advice:thumbsup:

u deserve reps, who's with me???

aren't you the dude who's having trouble with a room mate cause if you are and you get mad, he's in deep sh*t! lol
Thanks man. Ill get leg pics up asap. Quads and hams are not terrible, but not impressive either. I'm pretty happy with my calves, high reps and supersets have been bringing out the vascularity. Would you agree my shoulders are a weak point? I feel like they throw my entire physique off balance. Theyre so stubborn and I can get them to respond.

I think a major problem of mine is that Im trying to balance bodybuilding, powerlifting, and grappling. I love all of them but they dont always compliment each other, I should really just pick one.

Haha yeah, thats me. Ill keep the situation updated. I'm confident im willing to take this wayyy further than he is lol.

Im Pretty Big

Awards
Lats are def your strong point. Id work on the rear delts a little bit.

also GO FOR IT!
Good call on the rear delts, Ive been told that before. Ill be hitting them hard for sure.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bigger they get, the stronger the other heads get. So its win, win.

Im Pretty Big

Awards
:eek:You've got huge lats bro! I bet you could glide from tree to tree like one of those flying squirrels with those things!
Hah, thanks man. For all the areas i was genetically shafted (see:height) i feel my lats make up for it. Well not really, but it helps me sleep at night.

Honestly though they were the first bodypart to really take shape. I credit lat pulldowns with the hammer attachment.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How tall are you?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Ill get leg pics up asap. Quads and hams are not terrible, but not impressive either. I'm pretty happy with my calves, high reps and supersets have been bringing out the vascularity. Would you agree my shoulders are a weak point? I feel like they throw my entire physique off balance. Theyre so stubborn and I can get them to respond.

I think a major problem of mine is that Im trying to balance bodybuilding, powerlifting, and grappling. I love all of them but they dont always compliment each other, I should really just pick one.

Haha yeah, thats me. Ill keep the situation updated. I'm confident im willing to take this wayyy further than he is lol.
1st - bring your delts up with full range dumbell presses and arnold presses for a start, some side lateral raises and some upright rows, all done with control from start to finish

2nd - there's going to come a time that if you're keen on bb comps then the powerlifting and grappling may have to go on the back burner till the comp is over

it reminds me of what i heard a guy at the gym say once about another guy who was lifting weights, surfing and playing golf - he said that "the guy has to figure out who he wants to be, ronnie coleman, kelly slater or tiger woods? because he can't be all of them."

Im Pretty Big

Awards
1st - bring your delts up with full range dumbell presses and arnold presses for a start, some side lateral raises and some upright rows, all done with control from start to finish

2nd - there's going to come a time that if you're keen on bb comps then the powerlifting and grappling may have to go on the back burner till the comp is over

it reminds me of what i heard a guy at the gym say once about another guy who was lifting weights, surfing and playing golf - he said that "the guy has to figure out who he wants to be, ronnie coleman, kelly slater or tiger woods? because he can't be all of them."
Im definitely gonna have to do something different with the delts. Maybe ill start hitting them with supersets, the rest of my body seems to respond well to those.