big legs

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

big legs

my legs are to flabby is there anything i can do to make them smaller?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

the thing is ive always had big legs and been reluctant to train them because i get enuf trouble finding decent fitting trousers as it is. if i start to train them now will they just get bigger or just tone up?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Well they will get bigger (over time of course..), but you can tone them up by dieting down and loosing the fat that is on them.

Don't short change yourself and not train legs.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

yeah, you need to hit them legs. here's why (taken from T-Magnum somethin' or other forum):

1. Squats and deadlifts release GH.
    2. 46% of your body is your legs
    3. Lightbulbs are gay
    4. Chicken legs are gay
    5. Big legs look cool
    6. Squats improve your vert
    7. You need about 15lb of mass to gain 1" on your arm, thats overall body mass INCLUDING legs. More mass you gain, bigger your arms.
    8. A good pair of legs will balance out your entire physique.

Thats all i can think for now. Ill let the more knowledgeable chip in.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    3. Lightbulbs are gay

6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

might aswell train them then. going to have to buy a squat rack now lol
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by porky View Post
    might aswell train them then. going to have to buy a squat rack now lol
    your legs are "big and full of fat which is why they look big"

Trust me when you get into heavy squatting and your legs tone out and get bigger you wont complain. People will tell you DAMN you got deeezil ass thighs. My legs are like 25 1/2 and I wish they got bigger. The more you hit them the better. Its not a great generalization but sometimes when I look at people and their HGUE upper body wise with no legs at all to match I know a) they were on something and b) their a joke.

Overall leg training makes your upper body bigger too. Squats and deadlifts dont just hit the legs, they hit other parts too and are quite effective in making you sit down and resting cause they are exhausting to do.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    The more you hit them the better. Its not a great generalization but sometimes when I look at people and their HGUE upper body wise with no legs at all to match I know a) they were on something and b) their a joke.
    yep, u called it .Im so sick and tired of these posers in my gym. No one and i mean no one squats. It is ridiculous. U would think they would catch a virus if they got near the squat rack. All these punks in there with swole upper body, and all they do is bench, curl, few rows, tricep pressdowns and they are out the door.

Im 34, and i squat 3x a week. Either back squats, front squats, stepups, and i usually deadlift 2x week. I just want to tell these youngsters to stop putting all the PH's down their gullet and train correctly, and that means legs. Bottom line is that u have to have a pair of nuts to train legs....and basically, not alot of people can.....consistenlty.

im done
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    yeah, you need to hit them legs. here's why (taken from T-Magnum somethin' or other forum):

1. Squats and deadlifts release GH.
    2. 46% of your body is your legs
    3. Lightbulbs are gay
    4. Chicken legs are gay
    5. Big legs look cool
    6. Squats improve your vert
    7. You need about 15lb of mass to gain 1" on your arm, thats overall body mass INCLUDING legs. More mass you gain, bigger your arms.
    8. A good pair of legs will balance out your entire physique.

Thats all i can think for now. Ill let the more knowledgeable chip in.
    I like # 7:bb:
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    yep, u called it .Im so sick and tired of these posers in my gym. No one and i mean no one squats. It is ridiculous. U would think they would catch a virus if they got near the squat rack. All these punks in there with swole upper body, and all they do is bench, curl, few rows, tricep pressdowns and they are out the door.

Im 34, and i squat 3x a week. Either back squats, front squats, stepups, and i usually deadlift 2x week. I just want to tell these youngsters to stop putting all the PH's down their gullet and train correctly, and that means legs. Bottom line is that u have to have a pair of nuts to train legs....and basically, not alot of people can.....consistenlty.

im done
    also no one at my gym does deadlifts at all.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mindgame View Post
    also no one at my gym does deadlifts at all.
    yea that too
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post

im done
    bro you dont know the HALF of it.

This dude at the gym runs a full cycle of what an experienced lifter usually runs (I assume, not too sure)

4 anabolics at once and never touches his legs once. He's lean and his upper body is decently big (not really considering how much **** that he's on) It's hilarious how a size 30 wind breaker doesnt even fill out the pants. I need size 36 jeans and their still tight around the thigh at times!

whats funny is when you tell someone to try and help him improve his legs (his calfs are SOOOOOOOOO bad. It makes me want to throw up)

I tell him why dont you squat and deadlift instead of leg pressing. I give him the reasons why, he looks at me like im trying to be a smart ass and says ill stick to leg pressing. What a dilweed.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    bro you dont know the HALF of it.

This dude at the gym runs a full cycle of what an experienced lifter usually runs (I assume, not too sure)

4 anabolics at once and never touches his legs once. He's lean and his upper body is decently big (not really considering how much **** that he's on) It's hilarious how a size 30 wind breaker doesnt even fill out the pants. I need size 36 jeans and their still tight around the thigh at times!

whats funny is when you tell someone to try and help him improve his legs (his calfs are SOOOOOOOOO bad. It makes me want to throw up)

I tell him why dont you squat and deadlift instead of leg pressing. I give him the reasons why, he looks at me like im trying to be a smart ass and says ill stick to leg pressing. What a dilweed.
    again, it goes back to what i said earlier. It takes nuts to get under the bar and squat. Any slapnut can do leg presses. "Hey, look at me, i can leg press 500lb" (doing a half-a** rep). Like i read somewhere else, they all look like lightbulbs. Enough said.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

what my question is, how does a squat release gh?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lightemup View Post
    what my question is, how does a squat release gh?
    Since squatting can induce such a significant amount of trauma, your bodies response will be geared towards healing it. Growth hormone as well as testosterone are both acutely present for a short term amount of time during and post exercise. Hormonal fluctuations are present during all exercises, but the big compound varieties (squats for example) increase the levels to a greater degree.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Big Legs
    By RedneckDB in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 03:25 AM
  2. Legs
    By Mindless in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
  3. Need help with legs!!!
    By lift or die in forum Exercise Science