252-190 6 Month Progress

jlphillips

jlphillips

Awards
Here are some before and after pics. Well they aren't really after pics I guess b/c I am just getting started. Basically I was 5'11" 252 and my cholesterol was way high. I wanted to get heathly for myself and for my family. I started eating better foods and smaller portions. Cutting out the junk. No real plan ..just using some common sense. Started running/walking/eliptical machine a few times a week. Then I got an old mutli gym (resistance bands) for free from somebody and started using that. I am now 190lbs and my cholestrol dropped 100 points. I feel great! I've been reading this forum a lot and now I am ready to get more serious.I want to build more muscle. I started the beginning of this month using diet tracker and have been shooting for 2,000-2,500 calories @ 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat. So far so good although it is harder than I thought to get all that protein. I am currently using the multi gym M-W-F for about 45 minutes (full body). Doing 20-25 minutes of cardio Tues and Thursday as well as some push-ups, and pretty much resting the weekend except maybe some push-ups if I feel like it. I plan on joining a gym as soon as time (kids) and money (kids) permits. Any comments/suggestion/criticisms would be greatly appreciated! Unfortunatly these are the best before pics I could find, I wish I would have taken some but I didnt.

I started this in the begining of October 07. The before pics are from a few months before that ...but I was at the same weight then. So its really been like 6 months. Also can anyone take an estimate on my BF% . I used an online calculator and it came up as like 9% that seems way to low. Thanks!

Attachments

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Awesome start man! 60lbs in 6 months. Now get your lean mass on. Grow some tree trunks!

As for your bf% I'm terrible at this game, but I'd guesstimate ~17% After you start putting on more lean mass your bf% will probably drop a little more, but you'll want to increase your cal intake a little bit. Prolly start at 3000/day after you get in to a good rhythm at the gym and see what kind of gains you get.

Again, great start bro!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
First of congratulations on changing your life around, it really will be the best decision you ever made for both yourself and your family.

Personally I would suggest planning out a diet for a solid recomp stage (I really think you could do some serious damage if you go this route.) Find your BMR and either add 100-200 calories (or subtract 100-200 calories if leaning out more is more important) and keep the 40/40/20 split. Keep up with the cardio and try to get some heavy compound lifts in (when you get to the gym, just keep busting your ass at your home gym for now) and I feel like you will see some awesome results since your primed for some "noob" gains.

As far as body fat I would say high teens (17-19% give or take)

Again props on the hard work and dedication to change your life around. Welcome to your new life bro :thumbsup:

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
First of congratulations on changing your life around, it really will be the best decision you ever made for both yourself and your family.

Personally I would suggest planning out a diet for a solid recomp stage (I really think you could do some serious damage if you go this route.) Find your BMR and either add 100-200 calories (or subtract 100-200 calories if leaning out more is more important) and keep the 40/40/20 split. Keep up with the cardio and try to get some heavy compound lifts in (when you get to the gym, just keep busting your ass at your home gym for now) and I feel like you will see some awesome results since your primed for some "noob" gains.

As far as body fat I would say high teens (17-19% give or take)

Again props on the hard work and dedication to change your life around. Welcome to your new life bro :thumbsup:

Great Job, so far. Serious props, and don't turn back.

I was about to type out all of these very things. So, I'll just say listen to the man. Work yourself hard now and you won't believe the muscle gains you'll make in just a couple of months.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bodyfat I would say around 13%. Get it taken at gym, really I don't think it is as high as others are saying at all.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Nice!!! Your nipples are normal sized too. Be happy about that.

jlphillips

jlphillips

Awards
Thanks1

Thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone...I'm really going to try to join a gym soon...working out at home is ok...but I am limited to what I can do...but until then I will keep at it with what I have...

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I think your at about 16%.. Great job!

In the least homesexual way possible, I would kill another person to have nips like that -- 3-4 of yours take up the same surface area as 1 of mine -- dammit! :)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I think your at about 16%.. Great job!

In the least homesexual way possible, I would kill another person to have nips like that -- 3-4 of yours take up the same surface area as 1 of mine -- dammit! :)
That's the spirit!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Great work so far and congrats on the life change. I would highly suggest you joining a gym and taking your body to the next level.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
OMG those are the smallest nipples/areola ive ever seen lol

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Nice work!

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Former fatty here with poofy nips :frustrate

Great transformation so far, keep working hard in the gym! Any progress?

TravisCoSheriff

Awards
You sick bastards didnt even notice the nips untill yall said. They are quite tiny! Look good dude!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats man!

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Good transformation bro! Now you just gotta add some muscle to that frame!:clean: