Uneven Biceps

jonnyp

jonnyp

Awards
Hey guys, I am now 7 wks out from my first show (still all natural) and with the cut, it is obvious my biceps are uneven. The left being having more mass, the right a better peak.
Any suggestions on improving this with 7wks to go?

Attachments

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
do not stress it man. Just keep everything the same and try not to worry about it. You look gret for a first show. Everyone has a body part that sticks out. My right tricep is def not as big as my right. Never had a problem

jonnyp

jonnyp

Awards
Thanks. yeah, I am not stressing it; but striving for perfection and every little thing helps

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You might even try using a heavier Db/cable weight on the less progressed bi until it catches up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's probably just different genetic make-ups of the muscle. It is very rare to see someone with 2 identical biceps.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's probably just different genetic make-ups of the muscle. It is very rare to see someone with 2 identical biceps.
My left forearm has more pronounced contoure then my right, and I'm right handed, so its not a dominant hand issue.

jonnyp

jonnyp

Awards
I would agree it's genetics; but was curious to see what solutions everyone might have for it

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would agree it's genetics; but was curious to see what solutions everyone might have for it
Honestly I'd say use heavier weights on your less developed arm.

jonnyp

jonnyp

Awards
The thing is the "underdeveloped" arm has a better peak, the other is just more massive. I was wondering if changing up the ROM might help

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing is the "underdeveloped" arm has a better peak, the other is just more massive. I was wondering if changing up the ROM might help
Your totally right, I just noticed it, the right bicep has a greater peak, but the left is fuller. This would look funny, but you perform hammer curls with your right arm while doing regular curls with your left. Hammers would be good for filling in that gap on your right bi.

jonnyp

jonnyp

Awards
Your totally right, I just noticed it, the right bicep has a greater peak, but the left is fuller. This would look funny, but you perform hammer curls with your right arm while doing regular curls with your left. Hammers would be good for filling in that gap on your right bi.
I will probably do a couple sets like that at the end of a workout and see if a little change can be made

shock

Awards
I have the same thing. My left bicep appears slightly smaller than my right, I am left handed......you look real lean though...nice work!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of un-matched curls a lot!

MB

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have the same thing bro. I have more of a peak on one and a lower attachment on the other. I think this is more genetic than training them.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Your left bicep wont look as full if you bring up the peak more, it looks fuller because the peak isnt as high, so on your left hand hit it harder with a lighter weight, twisting your little finger into your shoulder at the top of the movement, to really contract the peak.
Close grip barbell culls hit the inner head as you know, giving more size, but wide grip hits the outer head, to me it looks like the outer head on your left bicep isnt as developed, and possibly your inner head on the right isnt as developed as the left side.
Just a thought man, but a super physique keep it up.. hope this helps bro.
Russian

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Your biceps look great man. Don't stress it. You look very well built.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I also read about a "condition" most people have where the non-dominant arm grows larger than the dominant arm. This is due to the fact that your more comfortable with your dominant arm, therefor the other one has to work harder and therefor builds more mass.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
My left forearm has more pronounced contoure then my right, and I'm right handed, so its not a dominant hand issue.
dude, same here... im guessin u drive with ur left wrist/hand on the wheel?

over time, that curve in the wrist might be doin it?

FM2K GT

FM2K GT

Awards
your right rear deltoid is slightly lacking also. try to hit them lats better aswell. still great for a first show. keep up the good work

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. yeah, I am not stressing it; but striving for perfection and every little thing helps
you look awesome bro, it would take a lot longer than 7 weeks to bring your right side up to match the left so IMHO just continue with your contest prep.

old school slow dumbbell concentration curls could do the trick over time