This is what I mean when I say my thighs are too big

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the sad thing is that this is the downsized version and they are cold. Notice how much further out my quads are compared to my waist.

Attachments

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, that's not too bad at all. At one time I had 28" thighs and a 29" waist. That's having too big of thighs. =P

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, that's not too bad at all. At one time I had 28" thighs and a 29" waist. That's having too big of thighs. =P
I had the honor of sporting a pair of 30" thighs with a size 30 pants/shorts. That was a ***** to find something other than basketball shorts to wear.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looks good to me but hey i'm just on a bodybuilding board, lol. Your sweep is pronounced which has a lot to do with how you're lifting with your legs than anything else. Just don't forget about your inside quads and hams and you'll be fine :) But that's coming from someone who likes that look.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looks good to me but hey i'm just on a bodybuilding board, lol. Your sweep is pronounced which has a lot to do with how you're lifting with your legs than anything else. Just don't forget about your inside quads and hams and you'll be fine :) But that's coming from someone who likes that look.
I have a genetically large sweep and my hamstrings grow very quickly, which is a ***** because I like to train legs, but I need to downsize them because they have become a major hindrance in my submission game.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increase volume to the point that you're getting nothing but a cardio burn from it. Should help in defeating the increase in size without losing the strength and endurance you'll need.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increase volume to the point that you're getting nothing but a cardio burn from it. Should help in defeating the increase in size without losing the strength and endurance you'll need.
I have managed to shave off 4 inches from them in the past 2 years, but I can only do light weight, high-rep sets.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironic you have a gift most of us would die for but is a burden in your chosen field.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironic you have a gift most of us would die for but is a burden in your chosen field.
We're never happy with what we have. Back when I was more into BBing, I took great pride in my thighs, but now they are reminders of another life.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We're never happy with what we have. Back when I was more into BBing, I took great pride in my thighs, but now they are reminders of another life.
Nice. How long ago did you make the switch to fighting?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. How long ago did you make the switch to fighting?
In early '06. I spent 6 months on strength and conditioning before I actually started my MMA training. I knew that there was no way that I could have a BBer-like physique, so I slowly and methodically downsized from 210 to 185. I wish I had some pics from them so I could see the change in my physique, but the only visual I have is my clothes that are too big now. I am actually stringer now at 175 than I was when I weighed 210, but I train for strength instead of hypertrophy now.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
It's too bad those quads/hams are a hinderance to your submission game, because I personally think they look awesome.

There's no way to make them more viable in MMA? Keep the size but increase flexibility? I just imagine (and only imagine as I'm not a MMA'er) that the dominating strength from your foundation could be a great asset. Would it be harder to keep a full guard mount on a guy who has extremely powerful legs that were flexible enough to get in front of the attacker?

On the flip side - my quads are NOWHERE near your size, and even I have difficulty buying pants that fit properly, so I imagine your everyday life problem too.

I imagine you'll get as much sympathy and understanding as a guy that complains that his package is too big, and he actually has a more difficult time getting the ladies because of it....falls on deaf ears, lol. ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's too bad those quads/hams are a hinderance to your submission game, because I personally think they look awesome.

There's no way to make them more viable in MMA? Keep the size but increase flexibility? I just imagine (and only imagine as I'm not a MMA'er) that the dominating strength from your foundation could be a great asset. Would it be harder to keep a full guard mount on a guy who has extremely powerful legs that were flexible enough to get in front of the attacker?

On the flip side - my quads are NOWHERE near your size, and even I have difficulty buying pants that fit properly, so I imagine your everyday life problem too.

I imagine you'll get as much sympathy and understanding as a guy that complains that his package is too big, and he actually has a more difficult time getting the ladies because of it....falls on deaf ears, lol. ;)
Flexibility is not a problem for me; I can still do the splits and put my foot behind my head. I am not BJ Penn flexible, but I am still very flexible. They help out in my striking game because I can generate a lot of force from my thighs/hips, but there are certain subs that I don't even try anymore (e.g. triangle choke)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
WTF Rodja? I was expecting to see some fat chick based on the thread title. Those are some pretty big thighs. I have the same problem with spinal erectors and padunkadunk. When you look at my back from the spinal erectors down you expect to look up and see a Ronnie Coleman back, but no, it's just me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WTF Rodja? I was expecting to see some fat chick based on the thread title. Those are some pretty big thighs. I have the same problem with spinal erectors and padunkadunk. When you look at my back from the spinal erectors down you expect to look up and see a Ronnie Coleman back, but no, it's just me.
My ass used to be huge from doing tons of weighted walking lunges, but it has gotten much smaller. It sucks too; I miss my bubble-butt.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My ass used to be huge from doing tons of weighted walking lunges, but it has gotten much smaller. It sucks too; I miss my bubble-butt.
haha. Mines bad too. Nothing like buying pants that are tight in your ass/thighs region and you have a 3" gap between your waist and the pants when you pull them out.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
In early '06. I spent 6 months on strength and conditioning before I actually started my MMA training. I knew that there was no way that I could have a BBer-like physique, so I slowly and methodically downsized from 210 to 185. I wish I had some pics from them so I could see the change in my physique, but the only visual I have is my clothes that are too big now. I am actually stringer now at 175 than I was when I weighed 210, but I train for strength instead of hypertrophy now.

I feel your pain. My legs even at a modest 27" were too much for my chosen career which involves tons of hiking. My inner thighs would chafe like a mofo after just a few miles. That and being around 190-195 just made me slow and ponderous which took a lot out of me. The BBing physique is fine on the street, but falls short of reality out in the wilderness...plus it's just so damned hard to maintain under duress.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It looks like you have them flared. I think they look good with your waist, maybe a little more on the inside though. Keep up the good work man.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'll take some. Also, does anyone have some calves to spare?