Banned
Awards
I'm 5'11 at 199..
age-25
waist 32/33 boxers
Looking to do a run of halo early 08

kw1k

Awards
well for starters, you have a great chest. You have that "square" shape everyone wants, as well as a great back! However, your shoulders and triceps could use some work.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good foundation, great back. What are you looking to do? Add muscle, or lean out and mantain muscle and cut?

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
Good foundation, great back. What are you looking to do? Add muscle, or lean out and mantain muscle and cut?
build more muscle my long term goal is 230 under 10%bf which will take years of chicken and shakes. I think my chest is my largest part, but I am not a really good bencher, my max is 275 2x, I also i think i need more of a upper chest

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Overall, good size. You need abs work, biceps work, overall conditioning. I don't know what your legs look like, but my original assesment of coming in with a contest weight in the high 180 range is still valid.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
bis abs and trris need work you dont have that arch in your bis yet, i'd suggest a strong cut, transition into a nice bulk add where needed(gain lean muscle,etc in spots that are lacking) followed by another cut, and you shall be up to par.

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
bis abs and trris need work you dont have that arch in your bis yet, i'd suggest a strong cut, transition into a nice bulk add where needed(gain lean muscle,etc in spots that are lacking) followed by another cut, and you shall be up to par.
my plan was to run 2 cycles and start to cut for the nov show

Hollidae

Banned
Awards
Im really trying.. I train 2x a week

wen- 3x15
sat 4x8

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established

I would suggest against a strong cut! You seem to be lean allready, not ripped, but lean. I would concentrate on ADDDING MUSCLE! I would just employ alot of basic movements, bb bench, inline bb bench, squats, deads, rows, curls, etc. Most importantly your caloric intake, and your macro intake. But I would definitely be trying to take in a good amount of calories, and lifting hard. You look like you have a good frame, and could add some nice quality muscle if you put your mind and time into it. Halo would definitely help, but I would suggest against it at this point! Not trying to be offensive or stupid here bro, but Halo ( considering you are talking about the H-Drol type, and not the Anabolic Halo crap!) is a hormonal type product, and one which should be used once you have lifted long and hard, got your training, eating, and your overall knowledge of wieght training and supplemntation use in check! You could instead try some BCAA's, some type of creatine, and maybe something like Powerfull. Hope this helps a bit, and again, just trying to be helpfull,not insulting or anyhting like that:thumbsup:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Not a bad idea at all the previous was only my opionion as im a perfectionist!

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think really belive deep hi rep squats,, have helped my sweep and overall leg increase ..

Attachments

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
wait are these pics of you Brolic?

I agree your chest is impressive man.. I would put some extra focus on your delts, bi's and tri's.. nice work!

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i agree my chest growns easy. I want hit 230 then cut for the show (11-1-08) im hoping that hdrol really helps

madmakmitch

Awards
arms shoulders calves very weak, imm 6,1 220 and competeatt 198 and i alwas lose to the 5,8 guys my calves look like yours theyy dont grow all genetics for them babys or implants

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
arms shoulders calves very weak, imm 6,1 220 and competeatt 198 and i alwas lose to the 5,8 guys my calves look like yours theyy dont grow all genetics for them babys or implants
you habe pics?? my cALFS HAVE GOTTEN bigger//

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so what do u guys suggest for for delts and arms?. ki train trics with chest and delts with bic

KM1

KM1

Awards
Nice back and chest. Like said above, triceps and shoulders are lagging a bit. And from what I can see, so are your calves. Making sure your diet is sounds as well as your training, before supplementation. Keep up the great work bro.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
From a judges stand point you need to bring up your traps and your need to add some size to your arms. Chest, legs and back are def. your strong points.

Oh ya hit them calves

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont like my legs are a strong point... i just have been taking my boys advice and doing hi rep with 135-225pd... my chest grows fast, all my boys can bench over 50+ more than me and my chest is bigger...

DO CALF SHOES WORK? for tricep size i have started to train them first and then i hit chest, so my tric wont burn out after chest... what about i train delts and bic together.. any tips?

chest/tri
back
legs
delts/bic

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
i dont like my legs are a strong point... i just have been taking my boys advice and doing hi rep with 135-225pd... my chest grows fast, all my boys can bench over 50+ more than me and my chest is bigger...

DO CALF SHOES WORK? for tricep size i have started to train them first and then i hit chest, so my tric wont burn out after chest... what about i train delts and bic together.. any tips?

chest/tri
back
legs
delts/bic
If you want to grow train heavy and keep body parts separate for awhile.

Chest
Back
Arms

Shoulders
Legs

Just my thoughts but works pretty well all heavy sets

its simple man

no pain no gain. If you are not working till you are beat your muscle will not grow like it should. Yes you may get ripped up but sounds like you want to grow

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
For a 4 day split go with this

Day 1 Chest and delts. ( delts are small and do not need allot of training)

Day 2 Back and Traps

Day 3 Arms

Day 4 Legs

Go heavy on all exercises

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
For a 4 day split go with this

Day 1 Chest and delts. ( delts are small and do not need allot of training)

Day 2 Back and Traps

Day 3 Arms

Day 4 Legs

Go heavy on all exercises
Why not throw traps in with delts?

jammer4

Awards
like someone said before nice foundation, your chest is nice and back is wide, u need some work on your arms and shoulders though....im the other way around personally with my arms and shoudlers being bigger than my chest and back so your lucky man id rather have that good luck

do some shoulder presses, chinups, and dips and eat alot of protein peanut butter and oatmeal

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how or why for that matter he was banned?? hmmm

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Why not throw traps in with delts?
I like to hit them separate thats all. Delts are so small and eay to hit. If you tried to do back, delts and traps in one workout you would be smoked. So why not hit them after you hit chest, after all you have worked them a little already during your chest workout

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I like to hit them separate thats all. Delts are so small and eay to hit. If you tried to do back, delts and traps in one workout you would be smoked. So why not hit them after you hit chest, after all you have worked them a little already during your chest workout
true although i dont train them with back so I dont have that prob,but i have in the past lol WORST MISTAKE!!! I wasn't performing up to par at all!!