Going from 278 to 230 lbs @ 6'3"

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First couple pics are between the end of February to beginning of April. I was @278.8 lbs just beyond new-years, and I was at 260 lbs in April.

I went to Norway for the summer from June through beginning of August to work, so I did mostly maintenance work there. Weight fluctuated depending on my hours of work .. I'm having issues uploading my one pic from the end of July, but hoping it'll work in sec. .

Last 5 pics are recent - within the past two weeks - following a 5 week UD 2.0 cutting cycle . .

Attachments

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Your freaking huge.... :blink: You leaned out very well also...Rep coming your way!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's me at the end of July . . I worked in a meat-factory for 8 weeks this summer (I originally came from Norway), and got MAAAD prices on the finest cuts of any kind of meat you'd want, so needless to say, I enjoyed my share of beef, chicken, and lamb !!! DEFINITELY A HUUUGE FACTOR in how full I'm looking here.

Attachments

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That means a lot, man ! Thank you !

It's my personal fav, too !! I got STOKED when I saw this pic afterwards, because I've never seen the veins on my outer arm before like that. . I had the main one down the front of the biceps, but now I'm starting to see some on my brachii and further up my arm !!! It's a nice feeling !

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Reps. And dont take this offensivly either way awesome transformation. Any cycles besides the one in your sig? Clen? Mad respect either way.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice work. Lookin thick.

Got any shots of your legs?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Reps. And dont take this offensivly either way awesome transformation. Any cycles besides the one in your sig? Clen? Mad respect either way.

Thank you, sir !

I explained my PH background in the introduction to this post, I believe . . I was gonna run clen with my UD2.0 diet, but ran short on $$$ !!! To hell with the DEA for busting everyone's chops !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice work. Lookin thick.

Got any shots of your legs?
Leg shot from tonight. Lagging bodypart it is, but I'm ok with that. I took 18 months off of leg training - apart from running, and other forms of cardio - up untill I started the UD2.0 in September. (Don't want to go in to the details .. )

Anyway, I LOVE training legs now, so I'm be correcting my mistakes and show off some impressive legs in a little while !

Added another random upper body pic from this evening - 6 days in cycle, and I feel it has given me more fullness in my chest already.

Attachments

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I didnt see any cycle background but either wayit still takes alot of hard fukcin work. The wheels dont look bad either. A lil width and you'll be good. I think that proportion is good but if you never plan to compete i wouldnt stress over it.
Keep it up man. Be easy.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man, I apologize, I thought this was my PH log, so I thought I had posted my previous PH cycles ..

PH Background: [from top of my head] 5-6 cycles under my belt the past 3 years. Two runs with M1T, S1+ (transdermal, LOVED IT!), superdrol, 1-TU by Nutrex.

But to be fair - and not just having a superhigh ego from all this awesome feedback - I couldn't ever have done it without my OWN drive and my passion for bodybuilding and lifting. I've been known for my workout intensity for over 3 years, because as soon as I got in to lifting, I wasn't simply gonna listen to the coaches only, and do BIG 4 lifts - after football practice, I'd stay back and hit he other bodyparts they didn't think of. I did my reading from the get-go, absorbed every sentence of information form Flex Magazine and sometimes Muscle % Fitness if I could afford getting both . . I was always one or two or five steps ahead of my peers and football buds . .

Also, I do not drink alcohol. Umm,. perhaps it has made me a partial social retard, but so be it . . to ME, it's not worth BUSTING MY BALLS in the gym for a whole week, looking good and confident as hell, then go out with my buds, and wake up the next morning with a hangover and deflated . . No thanks !

Anyway, thanks again for the nice comments ! Good luck to you all !

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I dint drink eitheruntil last summer. Now if i do its once every 2 months or so, one night, maybe 3 drinks. I feel ya on that. I did it a couple times where i drank a lil much and i dont get hangovers but i feel puny and weak.

FX01

Awards
But to be fair - and not just having a superhigh ego from all this awesome feedback - I couldn't ever have done it without my OWN drive and my passion for bodybuilding and lifting. I've been known for my workout intensity for over 3 years, because as soon as I got in to lifting, I wasn't simply gonna listen to the coaches only, and do BIG 4 lifts - after football practice, I'd stay back and hit he other bodyparts they didn't think of. I did my reading from the get-go, absorbed every sentence of information form Flex Magazine and sometimes Muscle % Fitness if I could afford getting both . . I was always one or two or five steps ahead of my peers and football buds . .

Outstanding job!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Did you lose much in the way of strength when you were cutting down from the 270's?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At first I did, yes . . Spring-time this year, i was putting up 150s on dumbbell press, but then i got leaner and leaner, and obviously wasn't able to use that kind of weight. Over the summer, I was using the no more than 120s. - It felt like a defeat, but I knew i'd get back up there . . Also, all summer I was in Norway, so I had no supplements to rely on but protein, and just solid foods.

But the thing that crazed me out: when doing the UD2.0 I was getting stronger and stronger. I assumed it was cus my body got exactly what it needed in terms of recovery, nutrition and the likes. I mean, I can't describe the feeling of working out on Saturdays after a 30 hour carb load - strength THROUGH THE ROOF !!!

Comparing my strength levels now to what I had last January . . I'm strong as an OX ! And I am only getting stronger :)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Comparing my strength levels now to what I had last January . . I'm strong as an OX ! And I am only getting stronger :)
woot woot!

Losing strength has always been my main concern when it comes to cutting. I do need to drop some pounds no doubt but i'm not that strong in the first place lol so yeah i'm trying to do it very gradually. Well done NOK.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
You look awesome bro. That's a lot of hard work you've been
putting in there.:box:

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You look awesome bro. That's a lot of hard work you've been
putting in there.:box:
I really appreciate the kind words, bro !

And yes, I definitely have ! I've had to make lots of sacrifices - both good and bad things in life . . but all-in-all, it's worth it. Bodybuilding has made me the person I am today; the bodybuilding lifestyle has shaped my personality as well as my physique.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you explain why you didn't work your legs out. I am considering this because I have 3 bulging discs, and I can barely squat. I noticed you are 6'3" as am I, have you ever ran into any lower back problems. I am starting to think this problem is because I am tall.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can you explain why you didn't work your legs out. I am considering this because I have 3 bulging discs, and I can barely squat. I noticed you are 6'3" as am I, have you ever ran into any lower back problems. I am starting to think this problem is because I am tall.
Hey man,

to be fair, I needed to focus more attention on my upper body. My legs respond like on other bodypart of mine, so when I work them out, they WILL grow, and fast ! I stopped doing legs for a considerable amount of time because they were too big compared to my upper body, and it was annoying beyond belief to have to buy new jeans every month as a result of my legs and ass getting too big. And yes, my ass was getting big, too..

I have suffered on and off lower back pains since my sophomore year of high school. Initially it was a result of having bad form on deadlifts and squats; i went too heavy and put my back in weird angled arches with every squats/deadlift rep for a long period of time playing football. I ended up seeing a chiropractor for two 6-week sessions my Junior year, and he said I had strained a couple disks. To be honest, the chiropractor didn't do jack that helped, but I had great insurance, so I figured, why not give it a shot?

I had the worst lower back pains of my life over this past summer as a result of working standing up next to a conveyor belt for 7-9 hours/day for 8 weeks straight, and then one day going WAY too heavy with my t-bar rows without using a belt.. When that happened, I was having to eliminate all compound exercises for a couple weeks and rely on machines/fixed range of motion exercises to take my back out of it as much as possible .. I also used a lower-back support belt for 3 weeks straight, every working hour on the conveyor belt, and during every workout. This helped me get through my days of agony for sure !

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I might be in that same boat, going to a chiropractor for 4 months now and now change. I can't straighten my right leg out so leg press is out of the question. Thanks again.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know whether I'd rather have elbow pains or lower back pains, but those two are by far the worst ones you can encounter .. I'm dealing with a little on and off elbow pains as of the past couple weeks, but trying to cure it/reduce pain by taking Glucosamine/MSM.. but with the lower back there's not really a cure.. I just stretched a lot. Grabbed a hold of the pull-up bar and just hung there, relaxing my whole body apart from my grip.. Also, you ought to try adding a couple sets of hyperextensions or a similar exercise to strengthen your lower back a little bit without putting too much tension on it.

Man, I wish you the best in getting better. When my lower back issues began, the leg press was almost more painful than the squats.. just try to strengthen your core; your abs and lower back, and I think it will help over time. Good luck!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I dint drink eitheruntil last summer. Now if i do its once every 2 months or so, one night, maybe 3 drinks. I feel ya on that. I did it a couple times where i drank a lil much and i dont get hangovers but i feel puny and weak.
ugg tell me about it dude. One night you drink too much, the rest of the week your like damn im stupid for drinking. Good work norw. I wanna get that big. :D

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Hey man it kinda looks like you got some stretch marks near your arm pits... maybe I'm wrong. Did you get those while on a cycle.?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dug up an old pic . . Last thanksgiving, around the time i peaked in bodyweight. I was a blob.. ~278lbs.

Attachments

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
From looking at your past pictures, it doesn't look like you lost any muscle weight. Do you know if you did or not? **** dude, you make me feel puny.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
well done on the transformation

you resemble your ancient viking ancestors

:thumbsup:

Marc-Antony

Awards
First couple pics are between the end of February to beginning of April. I was @278.8 lbs just beyond new-years, and I was at 260 lbs in April.

I went to Norway for the summer from June through beginning of August to work, so I did mostly maintenance work there. Weight fluctuated depending on my hours of work .. I'm having issues uploading my one pic from the end of July, but hoping it'll work in sec. .

Last 5 pics are recent - within the past two weeks - following a 5 week UD 2.0 cutting cycle . .
A brother from the North, nice ****ing job man. I am the other way around, I started at 150lbs, and am now 212 12ish BF% at 6'2", 20 yrs old, still need a few more lbs, max 220lbs, drop to a single digit BF, and I am done.

Again, awesome job man, awesome job.

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
Dammmnn.. i'm rarely impressed by any physiques i see on these boards... but you are the exception. Phenominal physique, great vascularity and cuts.. congrats!!! keep rippin it. stay hardcore - HTTC

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea bro,very sick stuff!! :clap2:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I can say is that is not a natural athlete body....by any means!!! Be real with what you took, or respect is hard to give...Dude ya you look great, but at what cost?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All I can say is that is not a natural athlete body....by any means!!! Be real with what you took, or respect is hard to give...Dude ya you look great, but at what cost?
he mentioned all the cycles above....

F'in sick pics my man, crazy vascularity, i want that many cuts and veins by the time im 200lbs, only 5'10" here so i think 20 bills will fit me nicely, and anything over ill just start looking monsterous. good showing bro specially when i checked your age!!!!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn trip, you serious here ?! What's your deal ? And when ya ask, 'at what cost,' are you implying that I'm most likely deathly ill at the moment because of chemicals I took and supposedly did not report ?

To the rest, thanks a lot for the support ! That Thor-image made me laugh so hard I cried, hahaha !

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Whats UD 2.0?

Is this a CKD or TKD diet?

I'm currently on the anabolic diet, and going to transition into a rough cutting phase, maybe trying the velocity diet once I'm 100% fat adapted.

By the way, nice transformation. It doesn't matter what you're on, that **** is not easy to do.

Medic

Medic

Awards
Whats UD 2.0?

Is this a CKD or TKD diet?

I'm currently on the anabolic diet, and going to transition into a rough cutting phase, maybe trying the velocity diet once I'm 100% fat adapted.

By the way, nice transformation. It doesn't matter what you're on, that **** is not easy to do.
Its a depletion/carb cycle /// diet/work out.

Just read the book, making diets in fitday, about to start end of the month..

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Dude relax, he did mention his cycles... do I believe only 2 cycles of orals got him looking like that? no I don't. But regardless that was an amazing transformation. I give credit to anyone who can do that no matter what they took.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
awesome job brutha, that's a helluva accomplishment. you should be very proud.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn trip, you serious here ?! What's your deal ? And when ya ask, 'at what cost,' are you implying that I'm most likely deathly ill at the moment because of chemicals I took and supposedly did not report ?

To the rest, thanks a lot for the support ! That Thor-image made me laugh so hard I cried, hahaha !
HAHAHA na I was just playing bro, I remember reading your other log with all the pics. That does have to be one of the sickest transformations I ever saw bro. When you have viens poping out of your chest, you know your doing something right..lol