My right thigh muscle rip

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
so this is old news back in beginning of highschool i rippped some muscle on the top of my thigh

you can see it right here

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6298/20070128lookingdownmuscau7.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: 20070128lookingdownmuscvd1.jpg

now my question really is. if i was to ever compete would i have to get this repaired... cuz id imagine it wouldnt look well it is basically half a tennis ball when flexed as half the muscle isnt attached ot lower back of muscle on leg

i have been curious for a long time..

doctors said back then that my strength loss wasnt enuff to warrant surgery and that surgery during highschool would mean 2-3 month body cast to fix this. this was back around 1996/97..

any info would rock . thx.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
49 views and no comments im gonna start busting some heads

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Since you don't have any comments yet. I'll say this - I have no clue.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I would just try competing as it is right now and see what type of results people react to it before trying to get it 'repaired. Even though judges view the 'whole package' on people, I feel like there is more emphasis still put on the upper body vs. lower body so if a pec or back lat was out of symmetry that'd be more affect vs. a tiny rip in the quad.

My friend split his bicep in half (ouch) and never got it repaired....and while there is still some slight off symmetry (comparable to yourrs) he didn't bother getting it adjusted. Anyways that's my 2 cents.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I would just try competing as it is right now and see what type of results people react to it before trying to get it 'repaired. Even though judges view the 'whole package' on people, I feel like there is more emphasis still put on the upper body vs. lower body so if a pec or back lat was out of symmetry that'd be more affect vs. a tiny rip in the quad.

My friend split his bicep in half (ouch) and never got it repaired....and while there is still some slight off symmetry (comparable to yourrs) he didn't bother getting it adjusted. Anyways that's my 2 cents.
Since you don't have any comments yet. I'll say this - I have no clue.

thanks palz

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
If it happened more than 5 years ago, it probably can't be repaired now anyways.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
If it happened more than 5 years ago, it probably can't be repaired now anyways.
i would assume so too. but i was wondering id prob be deducted points if i ever wanted to actually compete. its a pretty noticable rip even without being ripped up